Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AlShe3eyah

Challenge question  #4 - Math

Rate this topic

Challenge Question Numero #4

Math :

[i:post_uid0]You are right next to a river and have a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container. You need to measure out 1 gallon of water. How do you do it? [/i:post_uid0]

Once Again , No Cheating :D

Edited By AlShe3eyah on 1030747003

You fill up the 5 gallon container... Pour the contents into the 3 gallon container... Collect the spill over... and cut the spill over in half :) And there you have it, ONE GALLON!! hehe

Does that work? lol

This is a silly question.....it's not clear , you need to measure out 1 gallon??  why not just take 1 gallon from the river....ta da finished lol ....that's retarded

or does it mean fill the 3 gallon container twice so you have 6 gallons, but pour the first 3 in the 5 gallon container, then when you fill up the 5 gallon container there's 1 gallon left.

It's not math? ....

Keep going , u guys are pathatic , BRO Mujahid , ur not in the game !!! U didnt accept the Challenge ! Dont answer the Questions  :angry:

By the way how am I wrong??  

1.  you fill the 3 gallon up, dump it into the 5 gallon.

2.  fill the 3 gallon up again, dump it into the 5 gallon.  

The 5 gallon fills up at 5 gallons,  leaving you 1 gallon left in the 3 gallon container.  That's what I said.  But also simply grabbing 1 gallon from the river is the same thing, there were no rules declared lol.

Fill up the 3 gallon container first. Pour it into the five gallon container. Fill up the 3 gallon container again, and fill up the rest of the 5 gallon container, and you should have 1 gallon left over in the 3 gallon container.

Saq Imam Cheated ...

first of all, bro mujahid already got the answer. second, Bahrain USED to belong to iran, so did most of the middle-east, but we seperated, therefore, Bahrain doesnt blong to iran N E MORE, look how far away apart they are, come on!!!

Sis alshe3eyah, get other answers ready, post ur rules, including the one I said, and we'll have another challenge!! :)