Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
followeroftherasul

Sunni salaat - Proof that sunni salaat is wrong

Rate this topic

Which Sunni Madhab do you mean??

I think you have 4 madhab and all of them pray slightly differently. Tell me something…in your opinion….which one among these 4 madhab prays correctly? Pick one and we will discuss/compare it with Jaffari (Shia). Okay??

Salaam. To be truthful, I dont know which Madhab is correct. I dont even like following these 4 madhabs. Why? They all have so much disagreements. All of them cannot be correct at the same time. So which one is correct? Who knows? I want to pray according to authentic tradition. I have prayed with Shia ppl before and I want to know why they pray the way they do. Please tell me with sources. Thank you. Salaam.

Assalam Aleikom,

Brother followeroftherasul, the way to take issues,(i think) is to find the roots of the cause. By that i mean look at who taught the people. Would you rather take your knowledge from fallible sources or infallible source?

That is the reason why I accept the truth that The 12 Imams (as) are the true guides for mankind firstly, then i learn their teachings.

When it comes to the concept of salat, it hurts me to think about the innovations introduced to it by people who did not have the authority. Innovations such as adding to the adthan,(which is ok if you realiase that you have added it mustahabaly), but worse than that was the removing the phrase (Hayyeh 3allah kheir al 3ammal) by the second caliph. He purposly altered the words of the Prophet (SAWW) and hence Allah (SWT).

And to the best of my knowledge, i was told that the first caliph himself used to pray with his hands by his side through out his illegal stint as leader, and even the second caliph prayed with his hands by his side. It wasnt untill a contingent of Romans addressed the second caliph the way they addressed their Ceasar that the second Caliph thought it was a good idea and hence adopted it on behalf of the Ummah.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, [b:post_uid0]"Allah's Apostle died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate."[/b:post_uid0] 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar said, [b:post_uid0]'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation! )'. [/b:post_uid0] So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, [b:post_uid0]'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is;[/b:post_uid0] but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

Reference: Bukhari

First and Foremost he did not like the words of the Prophet (SAWW) when he ordered then to pray Mustahab salat individually and not in congregation when he stated

Allah's Apostle died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate

Furthermore he has the audacity to think that his word is greater than that of the Prophet (SAWW) when he states

'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation! )

WHO CARES WHAT HIS OPINION SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then finnaly he admits to innovations to the salat himself

'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is

Conclusion: His salat cannot be said to be like that of the Prophet (SAWW) cause if he changed the taraweeh prayers as such why wouldnt he change anything else HE didnt like.

So i propose to you this question. Who do you want to pray like, Rasullah (SAWW) or Umar?

wasallam

Salam o Alekum,

Another example is the words "[b:post_uid0]as salat o khairun min an naum[/b:post_uid0]" in morning Adhan was not part of the adhan said during the time of our Beloved Prophet (SAWW). It was added by Hazrat Umar .

One day during the period of Hazrat Umar the 'moazin' came to Hazrat Umar in the morning and found him asleep. He woke him up for prayers saying "as salat o khairun min an naum" (Prayer is better than sleep). Umar ordered him to add these words to the morning Adhan and this Innovation (Bidah) continus to this day.

Look at this hadith:

"Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the muadhdhin came to Umar ibn al-Khattab to call him to the subh prayer and found him sleeping, so he said, "Prayer is better than sleep," and [b:post_uid0]Umar ordered him to put that in the adhan for subh[/b:post_uid0]" .

(Malik's Muwatta, Book 3, Number 3.1.8)

Khuda Hafiz.

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

WHO CARES WHAT HIS OPINION SAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaa, lol!

Masha Allah, exactlyyy! Who the hell cares with his opinion?? :angry:  His hawaaa......

Allahu musta3an...

There are people in every age, who are trying to be more than others :o

It has been reported on the authority of the Holy Prophet (SAW):

[i:post_uid0]“God has said: One whose recitation of the Holy Quran keeps him from Dua and invocation, I will grant him the best reward I give to the grateful ones.”[/i:post_uid0]

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Salaam. Thanks guy but the thing is I already knew all those innovations by Omar. I wanted you to prove that your salaat is correct with authentic sources. Thanks. Salaam.

>

Untitled Normal Page

Salaam o alykum brother followeroftherasul...how are u?

I was going to use these so called authentic sunni sources in my

other post but seeing that u have asked...its my duty to show u

the RIGHT way to pray...this actually helped me a lot to convert

to the ahl-ul-bayt

the following hadiths are from "Sahih" Bukhari..:

"........Then one day Allah's Apostle rode (to leave for

some place) but the sun eclipsed. He returned on the forenoon and

passed through the rear of the dwellings (of his wives) and stood

up and started offering the (eclipse) prayer and the people stood

behind him. He stood for a long period and then performed a long

bowing and then stood straight for a long period

which was shorter than that of the first standing, then he

performed a prolonged bowing which was shorter than the first

bowing, then he raised his head and prostrated for a long time

and then stood up (for the second Raka) for a long while, but the

standing was shorter than the standing of the first Raka. Then he

performed a prolonged bowing which was shorter than that of the

first one. He then stood up for a long time but shorter than the

first, then again performed a long bowing which was shorter than

the first and then prostrated for a shorter while than that of

the first prostration........."

-Bukhari 2.164, Narrated by Amra bint Abdur Rahman

" The Prophet once offered the eclipse prayer. He stood

for a long time and then did a prolonged bowing. He stood up straight

again and kept on standing for a long time, then bowed a

long bowing and then stood up straight and then

prostrated a prolonged prostration and then lifted his head and

prostrated a prolonged prostration. And then he stood up for a

long time and then did a prolonged bowing and then stood up straight

again and kept on standing for a long time. Then he

bowed a long bowing and then stood up straight

and then prostrated a prolonged prostration and then lifted his

head and went for a prolonged prostration. On completion of the

prayer, he said, "Paradise became as near to me that if I

had dared, I would have plucked one of its bunches for you and

Hell became so near to me that I said, 'O my Lord will I be among

those people?' Then suddenly I saw a woman and a cat was

lacerating her with it claws. On inquiring, it was said that the

woman had imprisoned the cat till it died of starvation and she

neither fed it no freed it so that it could feed itself."

-Bukhari 1.712, Narrated by Asma bint Abi Bakr

By reading the above two hadiths, it is very clear that at the

time of the prophet...(not the time of Umar or abubakr etc)..., when the

prophet could be seen praying....he used to pray standing

straight...when u say straight...u dont have ur hands tied...it

means standing straight...hence the shia pray the correct way..the way the prophet(PBUH) prayed.

And if you want to know about combining prayers well nothing

is more authentic than the Holy Quran:

"And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day

and at the approaches of the night: for those things that are

good remove those that are evil: be that the word of remembrance

to those who remember (their Lord)"-Quran [11.114]

Basicly means pray 3 times in a day...thus combine your Doher

and Asr prayers, and your Magrib and Isha prayers...

Hope that helps br.

If you need anything else..let me know...will be happy to

help.

Was-salaam

Salam o Alekum,

[b:post_uid0]Why do Shia combine Zohar-Asar prayers and Magrib-Isha prayers?[/b:post_uid0]

It is the Sunnah of the Prophet (SAWW) to offer Zohar-Asar prayers togather and Magrib-Isha prayers togather. That is one after the other. Here are some hadith from Sunni sources:

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1515:

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together, and the sunset and Isha' prayers together without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey.

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1516:

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together in Medina without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey. (Abu Zubair said: I asked Sa'id [one of the narrators] why he did that. He said: I asked Ibn 'Abbas as you have asked me, and he replied that he [the Holy Prophet] wanted that no one among his Ummah should be put to [unnecessary] hardship.)

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1520:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer and the sunset prayer with the 'Isha' prayer in Medina without being in a state of danger or rainfall. And in the hadith transmitted by Waki' (the words are):" I said to Ibn 'Abbas: What prompted him to do that? He said: So that his (Prophet's) Ummah should not be put to (unnecessary) hardship." And in the hadith transmitted by Mu'awiya (the words are):" It was said to Ibn 'Abbas: What did he intend thereby? He said he wanted that his Ummah should not be put to unnecessary hardship."

Sahih Muslim, Book 004, Number 1522:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed in Medina seven (rak'ahs) and eight (rak'ahs), i. e. (be combined) the noon and afternoon prayers (eight rak'ahs) and the sunset and 'Isha' prayers (seven rak'ahs).

One can offer them saperately but many combine Zohar-Asar prayers togather and Magrib-Isha prayers togather, just like the Prophet (SAWW) did.

Khuda Hafiz.

some links about salat which will help you

http://www.geocities.com/ahlulbayt14/f-p.html

Call for Prayer According to Five Islamic Schools of Law

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter7/4.html

Prayer (Salat),According to Five Islamic Schools of Law

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter7/6.html

Joining Prayers and Other related Issues

http://www.al-islam.org/encyclopedia/chapter7/5.html