Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali

Introduce yourself here.

Rate this topic

salamz everyonepeople just call me abdul though

well my name is abdulfatah i am going t be 15 this month the the 26 i am a student abukar is mt cuze holla back couse ghetto talker is my bro well i love meetting new people play soccer basketballfootbal for fun i only played basketball for a team the rest for fun well i am rom somalia like my cuze said well and if u like to no more just ask

salamz everyone peace

Salam alaikum,

what do you mean by "proper'' name?  many people have some of the names of the 99 names of Allah (swt).  For ex.   Karim, Halim, even Noor.  

The 99 names of Allah (swt) are attributes, descriptions, but they are just words, that have meanings.  They can be said as zekr for Allah (swt) too.  I don't know why it would be wrong or improper to name somebody one of those names?  but I have heard of this too.  I'm not even sure if it's wrong.  Maybe someone can clear this up.

But sometimes names like Karim are Abdul-Karim..in full.  Anyways, Azeez also means "dear" in farsi as well as "the mighty" ...or the one who's not defeated.  

Do you mean it's improper to name a child these names?  and what is the reason if it is?

Another redneck here! American of mixed European origin (German, Czech, Hungarian) from the midwest (IN) raised Christian/Catholic and converted to Shia Islam in 1988 (alhamdulillah! )  

Name: Um Ali (but someone already took that nick! )

Married with 5 children (4 girls and 1 boy )

Employed as admin. asst. in univ. education, also English teacher/tutor.

Speak English, Arabic (forgot most Spanish ) trying to learn Farsi and Hindi

This board reminds me of my friends in America when I first converted. Pleasant memories and most of all, no regrets!

"Fursa sayeeda" It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Edited By jlainqatar on 1032254865

Bismillah..

Assalaam Alaikum,

who you worship jlainqatar.....?????

brother/sister Fsiddiqui excuse me but I find that comment in bad humor, and rude!  If you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all. very uncalled for and unneccessary.  Sorry but that was [b:post_uid9]insultive[/b:post_uid9], although I assume it was meant as some type of sarcasm/joke.. still..

and sis jalainqatar.. lemme be the first to say ahlan :) and nice to meet you.  Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

take care, wassalam Alaikum

Fsaddiqui: never heard of Shia Islam? Hummmmmm, I wonder what you're doing here, then. Let me explain:

Islam is a noun in the English language ( ie 'to shia Islam' is a prepositional phrase, Islam is the object of the preposition, therefore a noun). Shia is an adjective that describes that noun. Therefore, I am a muslim who follows the shia or party of Ali (as), the nephew of the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). I worship none other than Allah (SWT). Always glad to clear up any misunderstandings.

Hablillah: thanks for the welcome and never mind: al mutsamah karim!  I like it here already.......