Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali

Introduce yourself here.

Rate this topic

Hello all,

Like some, I am quite late to introduce myself, but here it goes.

I am Arabic (for the most part), I am in my mid twenties and I am an aspiring solicitor. I live in London.

I love learning and joined this forum to learn more about my faith. It is great that there is so much diversity within SC, as we can learn a lot from others.

Thank you for having me :).

Assalamu Alaikum;

shiachat brothers and sisters,

Bless you all. I am from Türkiye (Turkey).

I like this forum and joined. I hope meet every brother & sister in here and make global friendships.

WaSalaam.

Wa aleykom salaam , Khosh galibsiz gardash !

Salam,

I'm Abrar Ahmed from Pakistan aged 20. I have learned a lot online and in my regular studies due to which I have command over many skills like: Blogging, Web Designing, Graphic Designing, Web Developing, Desktop Programming, Business Advisor, Content Writing, Wordpress Expert etc.

If anyone wishes to have free graphic design, web design or anything from my skills mentioned above for Islamic purposes for FREE, then contact me! 

Let's see... I should start with islamic greetings; Asalamu Alaikum everyone!

I'm a normal WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) male from the U.S. I'm not Protestant but my childhood family was. I am an orphan and have been on my own since about age 13. I converted/reverted to Islam in college on one of Sheikh Yusuf Estes tv programs (the GuideUS.us tv guy, works with Zakir Naik and Bilal Phillips a lot) when he came to my local masjid. I tried to do everything all at once and quickly found myself going down a road that I was uncomfortable with. You know the type, super conservative recent convert with the massive beard and the "islamic" middle eastern attire all the time. It was a rough time.

I, incorrectly, blamed Islam for this change in me and moved to South Korea where I ended up really falling away from the faith. My iman was so weak, I just didn't care, but I was sad all the time, like I had lost a good friend. There was no masjid or islamic center where I lived, but I still kept my beard (fluffy and big with no moustache.) I met a man on a bus from Najaf and he saw my beard and asked if I was Muslim, I said I was in a manner of speaking.

He listened to my story, and nodded knowingly. He asked what I knew about the story of the 4 Rightly Guided Caliphs and the early times of Islamic history. To shorten this story, he gave me a copy of Najul Balagha which I loved reading, and explained some things about "Sahih" hadiths. I can say now, looking back, that he schooled me in the ways of Ahlul Bayt, but it was very basic and somewhat superficial. I still do not really know where the actual day to day Islamic practices differ.

I'm here to continue from where he left off with me. I can't say if I am Shia or not, honestly, but I can say that I am Muslim again, and this will be my first serious Ramadan. 2015 is a go!

Welcome brother! inshAllah your journey leads you closer to Allah swt and those whom He loves. Feel free to ask anything on this forum and check these resources out. They may benefit you. (wasalam) and I hope you have a blessed month of ramadan.

Website to watch Islamic Lectures: Particularly Hassanain Rajabali or just search his name up on youtube

Books and Articles Regarding Every Single Subject Particularly Shia Islam's views

Want to ask a question? Looking for answers to particular questions regarding Islam? Click Here

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?lang=eng (Everything Islamic Law related. Rulings. This is a Shia Marja, Sistani's website)

Al-Hadi.us - Great website to see research done on Shia and Sunni Islam, and Christianity. If you are seeking to find the truth.

Hello I am KhalilAllah:

I am unaware of what the people of ShiaChat think of me; so introduce me as you think of me below please.

Thank you.

It should begin as: "I am Khalilallah..."

"I am Khalillah, 20-something, Afghan, living in London. Attending hawza. In a year inshaAllah I plan on going to Qom to continue my studies. I really want to get married, but I'm having trouble finding the right girl."

That's all I know. 

Hello I am KhalilAllah:

I am unaware of what the people of ShiaChat think of me; so introduce me as you think of me below please.

Thank you.

It should begin as: "I am Khalilallah..."

،السلام عليكم

"I am Khalilallah and I have cool sisters who watch MLP."

Perhaps you could start a thread where each subsequent poster describes the user above him/her as a forum game. You could post several times to get more people's descriptions than you would in this thread while also providing a trivial pursuit for people to engage in.

May Allah protect you.

As-salamu alaykum my name is Zakariyah, I will be in the Lubbock,TX area during Ramadan I would like to meet up with fellow shia to talk and break fast.

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)
Number removed.

As-salamu alaykum my name is Zakariyah, I will be in the Lubbock,TX area during Ramadan I would like to meet up with fellow shia to talk and break fast.

Salaam and welcome. inshAllah I hope you are having a blessed ramadan. May Allah swt accept your fasting and prayers. Please do not put any personal information on this site it isnt safe as it is the internet. The mods should remove your number. Have you tried contacting a local shia mosque? A few Shia centers in Texas are: Try contacting them and seeing if a new center has opened near you. inshAllah you find one near you

• Anjuman Pasban-e-Aza

P.O.Box 770308

Houston, Texas 77215-0308

Phone: (713) 952-4384

Contact E-Mail: rzaidi@aol.com

http://www.pasban-e-aza.com

• Islamic Ahlul Bayt Association

P.O.Box 151231

Austin, TX 78715

(512) 291-9855

Contact E-Mail: webmaster@iaba-austin.org 

URL: http://www.iaba-austin.org 

• Anjuman Haideria

Islamic Education Center - Houston

2313 S. Voss, Houston, Texas 77089

Phone number: 713-787-5000, 281-584-5706

Contact person: Jafar Nouchedehi

E-mail: jafar@aspentec.com

http://www.iec-houston.org

• Islamic Propagation Foundation

6315 Gulfton, Houston TEXAS 77274

Phone Number: (713) 981-4934

• The Metroplex Organization of Muslims in North America (MOMIN)

1019 Perry Road, Irving Texas 75060

Contact Phone - 972-554-0200

• Al-Hadi School of Accelerative Learning

2313 S. Voss, Houston, TX 77043

Phone Number: 713-787-0207

Contact E-Mail: jafar@aspentech.com

Hmm, I'm Rosa. My Actual name is Rosarita.

I am 17 years old, i am not the youngest in the family, but not the oldest.

I have 3 siblings, & i pretty much dislike all of them.

I am known to be an independent woman, i think i'm capable for doing things for myself, or at least, i try to believe i can do everything for myself, & i don't like to think otherwise.

I'm usually a type of person that can't care any less about what someone thinks of me, i am me, i'm myself, & i'm being the person i am, & it doesn't matter who likes it & who doesn't.

I laugh at my personality sometimes, deep down i'm very funny, but i always come out as this serious girl. Even though the people that do talk to me allot will know it, or at least gets to be with me will understand that i'm truly not the "serious" girl i may come out as.

I am not the type of person that will ever get in a fight or try to fight anyone, usually if i was in a situation were i'm about to be part of a fight, i would make a 360 U-turn & walk away, & if you ever see me in a fight, that would be the day.

These are the basic things about me basically, now i'm wondering, if the people on the internet are even interested in knowing more about me? Maybe not.

Let's leave it to that, shall we?

Yep. 

Assalamualaikum!

My name is Eren, and I just made an account. I'm 15 years old (Almost 16), and I converted in December of last year :)  I had followed Sunni practices until just a few days ago, when I became a Shi'a.

It's nice to meet all of you :D

wow mashAllah eren! That is beautiful. If you have any questions feel free to ask on this site or to a scholarly Shia website. I will link you some useful resources that may inshAllah help you further research and understanding of Islam through the ahlulbayt a.s

40 Questions regarding Caliphate and Imamate

Website to watch Islamic Lectures: Particularly Hassanain Rajabali or just search his name up on youtube

Books and Articles Regarding Every Single Subject Particularly Shia Islam's views

Want to ask a question? Looking for answers to particular questions regarding Islam? Click Here

Sistani.org (Everything Islamic Law related. Rulings. This is a Shia Marja, Sistani's website)

Al-Hadi.us - Great website to see research done on Shia and Sunni Islam, and Christianity. If you are seeking to find the truth

Edited by Ethics

wow mashAllah eren! That is beautiful. If you have any questions feel free to ask on this site or to a scholarly Shia website. I will link you some useful resources that may inshAllah help you further research and understanding of Islam through the ahlulbayt a.s

40 Questions regarding Caliphate and Imamate

Sistani.org (Everything Islamic Law related. Rulings. This is a Shia Marja, Sistani's website)

Al-Hadi.us - Great website to see research done on Shia and Sunni Islam, and Christianity. If you are seeking to find the truth

Thank you! :D