Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali

Introduce yourself here.

Rate this topic

Assalamunaleykum brothers and sisters,

The Somali Ahlulbayt Research Centre has just opened on Cricklewood Broadway, London. We are the first of it's kind in the world and hope to expand to other countries and cities. We're open 6 days a week (7 if you make an appointment on Sundays) and we have several Somali and non-Somalis here waiting to invite our brothers and sisters in to educate them in the way of God, His prophets and the Ahlulbayt.

Our chairman is called Mahmoud, our founder is Muhamed, our treasurer is named Ali and my name is Abdullah.

Please feel free to email, call or text me for the exact address: e: somshia@gmail.com, t: +44(0) 7463 283 236

Salams,

Somali Ahlulbayt Research Centre

On 10/25/2013 at 4:54 AM, Little_Socrates said:

(salam)

My name is Socrates. I was born in 469 BC and was brought up in Athens, Greece. I unfortunately passed away in 399 BC, not knowing much about Islam. However they had a TV where I am right now, which is a place called Barzakh and when I learned to turn it on, I saw this pure innocent white bearded man talking about something called Shiism. His name was Ayatollah Ali Hosseini Khamenei. So I curiously looked him up on this internet device and somehow I have ended up here. It is a pleasure meeting you all. :)

(wasalam)  

Hilarious!! funniest post ever :D Very creative one at that .......Btw Socrates, my all-time favourite work from ancient greece is by far Oedipus Rex, which I consider a classic! If you ever see Sophocles, by any chance, pls let him know he still has fans LOL hahahaahaa

Name: (input typical muslim name)

Lives: USA

Occupation: Student; Chemistry/Biochemistry interests in Medicine/Eingineering

How? Funny story! Initially I thought this was a muslim dating site ;) :D ...guess I was dead wrong. Still great forum I may hang around...

its good to see such young people interested in knowing/ finding out the truth.

24, pakistani, name's top secret lol. studying bsc accounting and finance and ACCA. 

(salam)

My name is Socrates. I was born in 469 BC and was brought up in Athens, Greece. I unfortunately passed away in 399 BC, not knowing much about Islam. However they had a TV where I am right now, which is a place called Barzakh and when I learned to turn it on, I saw this pure innocent white bearded man talking about something called Shiism. His name was Ayatollah Ali Hosseini Khamenei. So I curiously looked him up on this internet device and somehow I have ended up here. It is a pleasure meeting you all. :)

(wasalam)  

LOL

xD

are you a comedian in real life, socrates?

My name is Mazen Sami-Al Ali, i am not Arab....

I am paki....

I'm "110FatimaBintulHuda's" cousin......

i'm 15, I like chocolate, movies, games, and my family.... :P

im paki too. where are you from? im from peshawar.that is khorasan. i was born sunni and turned shia and sufi. i just love the ahlul bayt as and respect them so much.

Salam Alykum. I'm Basit, 18, doing my A levels (sciences). Born here in Pakistan and living here ever since.

dude, im from pakistan too, peshawar though live in islamabad. good to see pakistanis here. 

22 from Australia with Italian background. Converted to Islam after living in Pakistan as a child.

Worked towards being a dentist for the past 4 years only to realise I want to study medicine instead :/

wow...where in pakistan did you live? your story is so different. was it hard changing from dentistry to med...i am assuming u study med now? how did you come towards shiaism? since pakistan is a sunni majority country?

Salam,

My name is Ali (24) from London and its a very long story how i got here.

before the thought of introducing myself ive browsed this website, looking for how it could serve me. i found that it is very global which means different and interesting ideas that any person should consider taking in if he's looking to improve himself or his society, in my case, both. 

i think thats a "close enough" answer to the question why im here.

Wasalam,

Ali

O hai everyone. Not sure if I have introduced myself as yet.

I do not wish to disclose my name, but my name has version in Italian, Greek, Arabic, Spanish, so...

Anyway, I am 28, from Australia, of Southern Italian background, I guess we are kind of like the Europeans, that aren't really like other Europeans per say. Proud of my origins and traditions and heritage!

I am from a Catholic family, with very very old school traditions, very strict, and much much values to uphold, and being the oldest son, the pressure is on!!

I am here to make friends, to meet people who are like minded, and to learn more about religion, and ultimately to be closer to God.

Thank you all. Peace.

I do not wish to disclose my name, but my name has version in Italian, Greek, Arabic, Spanish, so...

Anyway, I am 28, from Australia, of Southern Italian background, I guess we are kind of like the Europeans, that aren't really like other Europeans per say. Proud of my origins and traditions and heritage!

I am from a Catholic family, with very very old school traditions, very strict, and much much values to uphold, and being the oldest son, the pressure is on!!

I am here to make friends, to meet people who are like minded, and to learn more about religion, and ultimately to be closer to God.

Thank you all. Peace.

Welcome my friend.

I work construction with lots of Southern Italians, you guys are crazy, in an awesome way, heh.

I do not wish to disclose my name, but my name has version in Italian, Greek, Arabic, Spanish,

so...

Anyway, I am 28, from Australia, of Southern Italian background, I guess we are kind of like

the Europeans, that aren't really like other

Europeans per say. Proud of my origins and

traditions and heritage!

I am from a Catholic family, with very very old school traditions, very strict, and much much

values to uphold, and being the oldest son, the

pressure is on!!

Thank you all. Peace.

Hi the lone crusader,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to sc. Now when u say southern Italian, do u mean the area called 'Mezzogiornio'... I think that's how it's spelled but pls correct me it's been a long time since geography class LOL...I remember reading about it & from what I know it's the most ethnically diverse part of Italy, right? I read that's where all the immigrant communities like Romanian & Albanian reside?

Just curious to remember :)

Thanks

Ws

Assalamo Alaykum.

NAME: Syed Mazher

Its nice to be here on SC......

I was born in Muscat,Oman. Brought up in India. Currently, persuing Engineering in Computer Science(Final Year). My interests are surfing blogs n sites, reading e-books, gaming n tech stuff. I like to meet people from diffrnt parts of the world, especially frm Iran n Iraq.

Hi the lone crusader,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to sc. Now when u say southern Italian, do u mean the area called 'Mezzogiornio'... I think that's how it's spelled but pls correct me it's been a long time since geography class LOL...I remember reading about it & from what I know it's the most ethnically diverse part of Italy, right? I read that's where all the immigrant communities like Romanian & Albanian reside?

Just curious to remember :)

Thanks

Ws

Salam Mlle. Yes you are correct mezzogiorno means the midday sun as it is the very hot and warm part of Italy. Yes there has been some Albanians in some parts of the south but also many other cultures, we are truly Mediterranean. Romanian I am not so sure of.

Yow everyone

Well , my name starts with a K.  :shifty:

Lebanese , 20 Y-o  , a student / second year interior architect at AUCE univ. beirut , i work in a clothing store in beirut also. 

and very glad to be here between you guys ....  aaaand , yep dats it , Mhmmm :angel:

Asalamo Alaikum,

Hello, my name is Alia, and I am currently 16. (April 1997)  I live in the United States. A good brother introduced me to this site, so that I may learn about Islam without having others bother me and try to talk me out of it. In case you were wondering, I am a Christian. My mother has claimed Islam as her religion, but she was a Christian before as well. I know a lot of the basics of Islam, but am always eager to learn more. Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now. :) thank you for reading...

Asalamo Alaikum,

Hello, my name is Alia, and I am currently 16. (April 1997)  I live in the United States. A good brother introduced me to this site, so that I may learn about Islam without having others bother me and try to talk me out of it. In case you were wondering, I am a Christian. My mother has claimed Islam as her religion, but she was a Christian before as well. I know a lot of the basics of Islam, but am always eager to learn more. Well, I guess that is all I have to say for now. :) thank you for reading...

Alaikum As-salam, my name is Hassan I was born in South Korea and raised in Michigan I am 27 years old. I was adopted by an American family and raised as a Roman Catholic, I embraced Islam at the age of 23, it feels like a lifetime as a Muslim. Any questions? Feel free to ask us, like questions about my conversion or about Islam, go for it.

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

and Hello to everyone here.

Born and raised as a Sunni Muslim of the Hanafi sect. I am from Pakistan. Almost done with my undergraduate degree.

I originally got to know this website while I was searching for some answers. I joined here to take part in Islamic discussions and to interact with people from the Jafri sect on various issues. Looking forward to all of that in the future, In sh'Allah.

I pray to Allah you all have a good year.

Peace be with you all.

Thank you all. Peace.

Welcome :)

Edited by saberrider

(salam)

The name's bond, james bond

and most importantly.. I like to move it move it  B)

Apart from the joke

My name is Ahsan and I'm from Pakistan (like most of you)

currently doing MS and a Hanafi revert from about a year.

Looking forward to make new friends around the world and eat their brains out (JK)  ;)

aaaaand hope to gain some good knowledge

(salam)

(salam) and welcome everyone! I hope you all inshAllah find the answers you are looking for. If you want to learn more about Shia Jafari School of Thought, please check out the links in my signature.

(Wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

Hey all I'm gulam Abbas

So lovely to be here and can't wait to learn and get more knowledge

About myself really not much apart from I'm a shia and proud also I'm trying to gain more knowledge on how we came into being Shias etc

Can't wait and if anyone wants to tell me the best to start from I would be highly obliged :) can't wait