Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ali

Introduce yourself here.

Rate this topic

That friend of hers is a member here on Shiachat (and has been for quite some time) and is a revert to Shia.

I know we should be careful when on the internet, because there are scammers out there, however we should still give 70 excuses

You guys serious?! turned out to be a scam?!?1

As-salaam 'alaykum,

My name is Joshua Hacker and i am a non-Muslim living in south-west Missouri. I am here to learn more about Islam and gain a better understanding of the Persian language and culture though learning their faith.

Im thinking of joining this forum...but i dunno, not sure im that fussed.

^ ignore that, im on ipod and it wont let me go to the last page and it takes too long to skip through all the pages, but if i post it goes straight to the end :D

Assalamu Alaykum,

I'm 22, currently living in America in PA, I don't go to school but I'm a 'transient retail merchant.' I'm very interested in becoming more involved, knowledge and observant in regards to the deen, why I'm here. I wasn't born into any religion, I just found Islaam and by extension Shi'a Islaam. I am originally from Romania. I love to do all sorts of things but mainly read but I'm also into video games, roller blading, film, hockey, history, collecting antiques, steam punk, noise, religion/theology, traveling/exploring, and adrenaline fueled activities.

I am logical islam. I am an idea, a philosophy which wishes to find out what pure islam is and the truth and nothing but the truth. Any act i do, i want to know who said i have to do it, why i have to do it, and the logical connection. I know how atheists think having discussed and debated with so many, i have sunni family - though i'm shia- and though i am by no means a liberal, i feel shia's today have allowed culture to be influenced into their religion.

If every muslim was educated, though for themselves, went outside their house (culture religion) and stopped believing this esoteric idea that their own humans are najis and to only talk to 'shia's' our world would be a better place.

We need full 'halal' integration.

I am an idea supported by many.

sister hameedah, i was reading najarul balagah and i know you posted on it regarding Imam Ali's sermon about women ?

could you tell me what you found , because i am confused about it too

ahsant

(bismillah)
(salam)

Nahjul Balagha is a book compiled of the letters, sermons and sayings of Imam Ali AS. Although he has many famous sayings, some people at ShiaChat, and in the real world, like to mention this one: "Woman is a scorpion whose grip is sweet." Whenever this saying is written at ShiaChat, people argue about it. I am not a religious scholar to give any tafsir of this, but as a woman, a wife and mother, I think that Imam Ali AS was not saying that all women are like scorpions. Certainly he was not talking about his own holy wife Fatima Zahra AS or his own precious daughter Bibi Zainab AS. Imam Ali AS said good things about women, too, but people do not remember those. In Sermon Number 12, he said there are women who are protecting his Shias in their wombs and when they grow up they will strengthen our faith.

Nahjul Balagha: http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/intro.php

Lessons from the Nahjul Balaghah by Ayatullah Sayyid Ali Khamenei

http://www.al-islam.org/lessons-nahjul-balaghah-ayatullah-sayyid-ali-khamenei

(salam) to all,

not sure if someone is reading the introduction thread, but y not give it a try:

I'm 21 yrs born and raised in germany, mother is greek, father is european mix, mostly german and estonian =)

Studying something atm but isnt fulfilling my need of knowledge about the diin so I'll study theology beginning of next wintersemester.

I have problems with accepting the concept of the imamate, eventhough I have love for the ahlulbayt and do accept Imam Ali as a successor to our prophet saws.

Since my fiance is shia, I dont have any other choice but to deal with this topic ;)

I wasnt registered on a forum/chat since ages, but why not give it a try again, since I often find interesting topics/discussions on this site!

my nickname is just a german wordplay so pls dont feel offended :angel:

insha'Allah i will become an active member here and can share with my brothers and sisters

(wasalam)