Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

would you marry your first cousin?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

i know this is the sisters forum, buti saw this on the main page...

i jsut wanted to say, from what i have learned...if anyone "procriates" with a cousin as close as their first, their childern are in great danger of being born either mentaly ill, or with somesort of disorders.

peace

• Advanced Member
their childern are in great danger of being born either mentaly ill, or with somesort of disorders.

There is some risk but it is not a great danger, like you said.

The percentage of mentally ill or handicapped children in non-cousin marriages (throughtout the world) is about 2%. The same percentage for first-cousin marriages is about 4%. So the risk is about double, but it is still only 4%. The rest of the 96% first-cousin marriages produce perfectly normal, healthy children.

• Advanced Member

Errrrrrrrrm no becasue there not religious...BUT! if they were religious and met my "standards" then yes.

i jsut wanted to say, from what i have learned...if anyone "procriates" with a cousin as close as their first, their childern are in great danger of being born either mentaly ill, or with somesort of disorders.

Brother :) acually it has been scientifically proven that it does not effet you child in any way...thats all just a "myth". Also, if it would effect your child in such a way then it would be Haram. For anything that "hurts" us is haram.

• Advanced Member

The dangers of marrying family members really only take affect over multiple generations. Odds in the first generation even of family closer than first cousin is unlikely, by the third and fourth however the odds grow dramatically. The farther apart (after 2nd cousin it really doesn't matter) the less likely it is to occur. A good case in point would be the royal families of europe. They were in the habit of marrying first cousins continually it took around seven generations of this before it major problems began arising.

• Advanced Member
Salam! just curious wanted to know that would you marry your first cousin if he was 3 yrs younger than you for the sake of your family and cos that there was no other suitable match for you?

NO.

________

I have a brave of second cousins who are first class matrimony material. ANY takers?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Salam! just curious wanted to know that would you marry your first cousin if he was 3 yrs younger than you for the sake of your family and cos that there was no other suitable match for you?

salaam sister,

sorry as first cousin do u mean ure "cousin"???? hmmmm... anywayz if he waz younger no,

if he waz older still no kuz id rather jump off a building and be in a coma, than marry him. :lol: :!!!:

Allah afiz,

~*sakina*~ :angel:

• Advanced Member
MARRY HIM SISTER, if thats suitable match

oh broken hearts man

damn

salaam, :lol:

he kan keep dreaming(cousin 4rm dad's side). and he is really stupid. and i hate him :mad: my other cousin maybeee....but id want to marry someone out of the family like a sister said, it causes family problemz.

Allah afiz,

~*sakina*~

Edited by ~ashke~sakina~
  • Advanced Member
not even if my life depended on it... thought my parents are trying to set me up with one..

salaam,

almost everyone from my dads family is trying to set me up with him(you know oh hes a good guy, hes this hes that, and they keep asking my parents lame questions soooo who r u gonna get ure daughter married? and POP kumz up his name.

khoda afiz,

~*saKiNa*~

Edited by ~ashke~sakina~
  • Veteran Member
all of them are married already!! so i'm safe there. it just messes up relations with the parents/his parents.

why how?

if hes a good hubby it shouldnt

ur righth theres more contact, but there are some advantages, i think this way the girl maybe gets to spend mroe time with her parents aswell

• Advanced Member
why how?

if hes a good hubby it shouldnt

ur righth theres more contact, but there are some advantages, i think this way the girl maybe gets to spend mroe time with her parents aswell

salaam,

not when ure paretns dont like eachother....

• Advanced Member
all of them are married already!! so i'm safe there. it just messes up relations with the parents/his parents.

salaam sis,

oops ok now i get u, omg ure sooo lucky that all ure cousins r married u have no tensions sis lol, i have two cousins that are 1 or 2 year older than me.

Edited by ~ashke~sakina~