Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[LAWS]Ayatollah Sistani's Fatwa

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

As Salam Alikum

I'm sure many of you remember when TahaSyed posted an article on why he left the shia faith and he quoted some classical shia scholars on tahreef. Well I took the liberty to ask for an ifta from the Grand Ayatollah and about four months later he responsded back which I am very excited about. I really thought he just ignored it and wouldn't respond.

I will post it for others to see too, its a very detailed response to the accusations of tahreef in the Qur`an.

If someone has time please translate it for everyone to read.

Jazkallah Khair.

post-15304-1158942595_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
As Salam Alikum

wa 3laikassalaam

I'm sure many of you remember when TahaSyed posted an article on why he left the shia faith and he quoted some classical shia scholars on tahreef. Well I took the liberty to ask for an ifta from the Grand Ayatollah and about four months later he responsded back which I am very excited about. I really thought he just ignored it and wouldn't respond.

I will post it for others to see too, its a very detailed response to the accusations of tahreef in the Qur`an.

If someone has time please translate it for everyone to read.

Jazkallah Khair.

I think his translators are very busy or maybe they thought you understood farsi.. happened to me as well but mine was just one line.. so I kinda got the jist of it :)

As for the tahreef of the Quran... I already asked him... got a response back.. and posted it in the discussion about tahreef somewhere on shiachat.. i'll look for it and post it here for you as well... wassalaamun alaikum

• Advanced Member

(salam)

i think that was arabic and i can give you a very rough idea of what he said if you want

what is meant by the return of who died to this worldy life with the will of Allah like what has been narrated to have happened in the previous ummahs like he who passed a village and it was desrted (i think) refers to the aya ( Allah put him to death 100 years then brought him to life ) and like those who left their home fear of death so Allah told them die then he brought them to life and the same as what happened with the miracle of Isa (as) who rressurected the dead mashAllah and it has been in history(past items/events) that the raj'a to the end of time is for a tribe of mukhlis ( devout) mu'mens who had wished to gain the shahada of dieing in the way of Allah but were not given so they are ressurrected to fight in the army of Imam Al Mahdi (A,j) so they can get what they had wished for and the same for some of the enemies of the deen to see some results of what they had done of evil/bad to heal(recover ffrom ache/pain) the progeny some what and the hearts of those who pledge allegiance to them.

tahreeeef

1) the increase in the quran- the majority of the shia ulema have decided not only on the belief that this did not happen but that it cannot happen Allah said (doesnt come to it ba't'il from the hands of those who disagreed with it ) and there is no shia scholar who says that the quran has been added to and the meaning(not sure if 3omda is translated to this) of tahreef is as to what happened to the other holy books (previous ones) and this type of tahreef was when they added to the tourat and injeel to change its truth

2)missing part in quran -the searchers from among the shia scholars have decided(reached conclusion) that this did not happen refering to Allahs saying -we have brought down the thikr and we to it are protectors- and as to other logical and commutable evidence among them is that the quran is the miracle of the prophet muhamed and its bound to stay as it is till the end of time yes it appears as well in the narrations/hadiths of the book of the sunnis as well (i.e also in shia books he means the tahreef) and the inspectors/searchers from our scholars have considered it as to refer the tafeers and ta'weel and the matter of (nuzool ?)revelation these have been ommitted for plotical matters and this is what was meant by shaikh mufeed (q.s) as to the leaders of misguidance have disagreed in the ta'leef of the quran ( writing down/basically the form in which it was revealed)

3)and the tahreef in the minor matters like the a'arab and the putting of some letters on others and this in the quran there is no way out (ma'hala dont know how to translate that) as we can see from the differnt qurans (hes refering to the changing of some letters tashkeel etcs)

4)the change in the order of the quran belating them or bringing them earlier this has been agreed to have hapened and perhaps what is meant by tahreef is refered to this part.

please feel free to coorrect this

• Advanced Member
4)the change in the order of the quran belating them or bringing them earlier this has been agreed to have hapened and perhaps what is meant by tahreef is refered to this part.

please feel free to coorrect this

here is another fatwa by Sayed Sistani ...

post-25397-1158955003_thumb.jpg

which shows that Sayed Sistani believe that the order (of verses) of Quran we have, was not set by Prophet(saw).

ws

Edited by Murabit