Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hadeeth "City of Knowledge...." a logical research

Rate this topic

EEman

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Allah o Akbar. Allah is the Greatest

Ya Allah Madad

The Sahih of al-Tirmidhi and the hadith,

"I am the city of knowledge and 'Ali is its gate".

this is taken from a link which was reffered to me by Mehek and the link is

http://www.al-islam.org/tahrif/cityofknowledge/index.htm

to continue this i will first ask some questions so that we can proceed.

1. Do you believe that this hadeeth is true on authority of trimzi?

2. or do believe that this hadeeth is true on authority of Hakim(the othe person to quote this hadeeth)?

now for those who want to take part in this discussion

please quote the same hadeeth(with full details, where it has been taken from, the narrotors and the text of hadeeth, if online link is available then it will be appreciated that u give the link) from any where u believe is true and then give a brief explaination or commentary.

And Allah Knows the Best

_________________________________________________________________________________

Only ur own discussion is welcomed their is no need to copy paste the links and if u want then only paste the part which u want to emphasize in ur post. Thanks

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad

Alot of sunni scholars have said this hadith is strong and authentic, and alot have said it's fabricated or weak.

So depending on you who you trust, that's all in really comes down to. Many of the sufi type sunni scholars have said it's authentic.

who said what??? he said that

i think, i have read, i heard it from someone

these things mean nothing,

be authentic and try to give as much clear refference as possible, as every word stated will be important.

Mr. Link and Others i must make myself very clear again

Please read the First post and follow the instructions so that we can proceede

Thanks

And Allah Knows the Best

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad

they are of no use i hope u have seen the starting post too

Please read the First post and follow the instructions so that we can proceede

ThanksAnd Allah Knows the Best

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad

It seems that No one wants to discuss, So it means every one has the same opinion as which is well known ................... :unsure:

Come on Give it a Try ^_^

And Allah Knows the Best

• Advanced Member

there is many reliable Sunni scholars said the hadith is authentic

for example

the city of knowledge hadith

1- Yahya ibn Mueen said (sahih)

look at tahdeeb al-tahdeeb volume 6 page 285

2- al-Sakhawy said (hasan)

look at al-maqased al-hasana page 123

3- Ahmad al-Ghamary said (sahih)

look at Rad etebar al-jame'a al-saghir hadith number 1416 & al-burhan al-jali book of Sheikh Ahmad al-Ghamary & look at fath al-malek al-a'li book for the same author

4- al-Seuty said (hasan)

look at tarikh al-khulafa volume 1 page 180

the other similar hadith which is the house of wisdom

1- imam al-Tabari said (sahih)

look at tahdib al-a'thar hadith number 1414

some of the Sunni scholars stab in the authenticaty of the hadith because Abu al-Salt exist in the chain of narration

ibn Hajar said about Abu al-Salt : seduq (truthful)

[look at tqrib al-tahdib volume 1 page 355]

Yahya ibn Mueen said : thiqa seduq (reliable & truthful)

Abu Dawud said : dabit ( that used for those who narrate preserved hadith)

[look at tahdib al-tahdib]

so the reason to reject his narrations is because he was a Shia

although the hadith got other chain of narration which Abu al-Salat do not exist in it, but still some Sunnis dont like to hear the merits of Imam Ali (as)

however the Sunni scholar hafiz al-Ghamary wrote a book called "Fath al-Malek al-A'ali" & other book called "al-burhan al-jali" proves in it that the hadith is authentic

anyhow, no matter if the Sunnis accept that hadith or not, cause its up to them & change nothing

we as a Shia narrate the same hadith with correct chain of narration

so no doubt about the authenticity of the hadith in Shia reference

for example

Amali of Sheikh al-Seduq

ÍÏËäÇ Úáí Èä ÃÍãÏ Èä ÚÈÏÇááå Èä ÃÍãÏ Èä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå ÇáÈÑÞí Úä ÃÈíå Úä ÌÏå ÃÍãÏ Èä ÃÈí ÚÈÏÇááå Úä ÃÈíå ãÍãÏ Èä ÎÇáÏ Úä ÛíÇË Èä ÅÈÑÇåíã Úä ËÇÈÊ Èä ÏíäÇÑ Úä ÓÚÏ Èä ØÑíÝ Úä ÓÚíÏ Èä ÌÈíÑ Úä ÇÈä ÚÈÇÓ ÞÇá : ÞÇá ÑÓæá Çááå (Õ) áÚáí Èä ÃÈí ØÇáÈ (Ú) : íÇ Úáí ÃäÇ ãÏíäÉ ÇáÍßãÉ æÃäÊ ÈÇÈåÇ æáä ÊÄÊì ÇáãÏíäÉ ÅáÇ ãä ÞÈá ÇáÈÇÈ

narrated Ali bin Ahmad bin Abdullah bin Ahmad bin Abi Abdullah al-Burqi from his father, from his grand father Ahmad bin Abi Abdullah, from his father Muhammad bin Khalid, from Ghayath bin Ibrahim, from Thabit bin Dinar, from Saad bin Tarif, from Saeed bin Jubair, from Ibn Abbas report that the messenger of Allah (pbuh) said to Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) : Oh Ali, iam the city of wisdom & you the gather (of the city), no one can enetr the city except through the gate

Sheikh hadi al-Najafi said : the chain of narration is reliable

mwosoat ahadith ahlulbayt volume 8 page 89

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad

(salam)

Sister Eeman , do you understand arabic >? if so , i may have a very interesting article for you...

:blush: I am a Male

and I only understand English and Urdu.

Anti-salafi, u didn't get the point, i have no concern what other say. we shoud do it in our own logial way.

Hazrat Ali (ra) Merits are too much and this Munkir hadeeth, infact a Moud'oo, does do the justice to him

Oh Ali, iam the city of wisdom & you the gather (of the city), no one can enetr the city except through the gate

The Whole city with only one Gate, dont seem to be logical

and what is the value of a Gate of City, just to get u through and nothing else

knowledge and wisdom has no boudaries and gates can not contain them

And Allah Knows the Best

The Whole city with only one Gate, dont seem to be logical

and what is the value of a Gate of City, just to get u through and nothing else

knowledge and wisdom has no boudaries and gates can not contain them

A city can be however it is built; if it is built with one gate, it shall have only that. You are getting lost in the letter of the words and bypassing the spirit of it. The obvious meaning of it is if you want to get to me/knowledge (prophet), you must go through Ali.

• Advanced Member

many of Sunni brothers misunderstood the hadith

as we know many of the pious companions (ra) obtained knowledge from the holy prophet (pbuh)

but what if the companions disagreed in some points & split to two or three groups ?

who is the right & who is the wrong ?

so here the holy prophet (pbuh) guided us to the authentic source of knowledge :)

if you read in hadith books you will go across many texts shows that the companions went to imam Ali (as) when ever they disagree, many hadith shows that the companions abandoned their own opinion or judgment if it disagree with imam Ali (as) judgments

for example

Sunnan abu Dawoud; Book 38, Number 4385

Ibn Abbas said: A lunatic woman who had committed adultery was brought to Umar. He consulted the people and ordered that she should be stoned.

Ali ibn AbuTalib passed by and said: What is the matter with this (woman)? They said: This is a lunatic woman belonging to a certain family. She has committed adultery. Umar has given orders that she should be stoned.

He said: Take her back. He then came to him and said: Commander of the Faithful, do you not know that there are three people whose actions are not recorded: a lunatic till he is restored to reason, a sleeper till he awakes, and a boy till he reaches puberty?

He said: Yes. He then asked: Why is it that this woman is being stoned?

He said: There is nothing. He then said: Let her go. He (Umar) let her go and began to utter: Allah is most great.

al-albany said about that tradition : (sahih)

look at Sahih Abu Dawoud book of al-albany volume 3, page 832, hadith number 3699

so we understand from the gate of knowldge hadith that imam Ali (as) is the authentic source of knwoledge & the only one among the companions who has the whole knowledge

cause the companions wasnt equal in knowldge & no one of them claimed that he has the whole knowledge of the holy prophet (pbuh)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad

A city can be however it is built; if it is built with one gate, it shall have only that. You are getting lost in the letter of the words and bypassing the spirit of it. The obvious meaning of it is if you want to get to me/knowledge (prophet), you must go through Ali.

Why a city which is Rehmatul Alimeen and hav only one gate

Rehmat(Blessing) for both this world and hereafter. and Blessing for every creature created without any difference and only one way to get the blessings

??????????????????

so we understand from the gate of knowldge hadith that imam Ali is the authentic source of knwoledge & the only one among the companions who has the whole knowledge

cause the companions wasnt equal in knowldge & no one of them claimed that he has the whole knowledge of the holy prophet

well the point is,Anti-salafi, how do you know it???

and Did Hazrat Ali (ra) ever claimed that he had the whole knowledge of the holy prophet ?

And Allah Knows the Best

• Advanced Member
and Did Hazrat Ali ever claimed that he had the whole knowledge of the holy prophet ?

from shia refernce there is many tradition narrated with correct chain of narration linked direct to imam Ali (as) , but i will qoute one cause i already have the correction for it from a scholar

usool al-kafi, H , Ch. 101, h 2

ÚöÏøóÉñ ãöäú ÃóÕúÍóÇÈöäóÇ Úóäú ÃóÍúãóÏó Èúäö ãõÍóãøóÏò Úóäö ÇÈúäö ÃóÈöí äóÕúÑò Úóäú ãõËóäøðì Úóäú ÒõÑóÇÑóÉó ÞóÇáó ßõäúÊõ ÚöäúÏó ÇÈí ÌÚÝÑ (Úóáóíúåö ÇáÓøóáÇã) ÝóÞóÇáó áóåõ ÑóÌõáñ ãöäú Ãóåúáö ÇáúßõæÝóÉö íóÓúÃóáõåõ Úóäú Þóæúáö ÃóãöíÑö ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó (Úóáóíúåö ÇáÓøóáÇã) Óóáõæäöí ÚóãøóÇ ÔöÆúÊõãú ÝóáÇ ÊóÓúÃóáõæäøöí Úóäú ÔóíúþÁò ÅöáÇ ÃóäúÈóÃúÊõßõãú Èöåö ÞóÇáó Åöäøóåõ áóíúÓó ÃóÍóÏñ ÚöäúÏóåõ Úöáúãõ ÔóíúþÁò ÅöáÇ ÎóÑóÌó ãöäú ÚöäúÏö ÃóãöíÑö ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó (Úóáóíúåö ÇáÓøóáÇã) ÝóáúíóÐúåóÈö ÇáäøóÇÓõ ÍóíúËõ ÔóÇÁõæÇ Ýóæó Çááå áóíúÓó ÇáÇãúÑõ ÅöáÇ ãöäú åóÇåõäóÇ æóÃóÔóÇÑó ÈöíóÏöåö Åöáóì ÈóíúÊöåö.

A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn abu Basir from Muthanna from Zurara who has said the following. "Once I was in the presence of abu Ja‘far (a.s.). A man from Kufa asked him about the words of Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.), "Ask me whatever you would like. Whatever you may ask I will give you the answer." The Imam (a.s.) said, "No one has any piece of knowledge of anything that has not come through Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) . People may go wherever they may like, however, by Allah, the truth comes from no where else except from here, he pointed out with his hand towards his house."

Allamah al-Majlesi said about the hadith : (hasan)

look at mirat al-uqool volume 4 page 308

in Sunni reference there is also correct tradition

for example

al-mustadrak al-sahihain of al-Hakem al-Nisaboory volume 2, page 352

ÃÎÈÑäí ÃÈæ ÌÚÝÑ ãÍãÏ Èä Úáí ÇáÔíÈÇäí ÈÇáßæÝÉ ËäÇ ÃÍãÏ Èä ÍÇÒã ÇáÛÝÇÑí ËäÇ ÃÈæ äÚíã ËäÇ ÈÓÇã ÇáÕíÑÝí ËäÇ ÃÈæ ÇáØÝíá ÚÇãÑ Èä æÇËáÉ ÞÇá ÓãÚÊ ÚáíÇ ÑÖí Çááå Úäå ÞÇã ÝÞÇá : Óáæäí ÞÈá Ãä ÊÝÞÏæäí æ áä ÊÓÃáæÇ ÈÚÏí ãËáí

narrated Abu Jaffar Muhammed bin Ali al-Sheybani from Ahmad bin Hazim al-Ghafari, from Abu Naeem, from Bassam al-Sayrafi, from Abu al-Tufail Amer bin Wathila saying : i heard Ali (ra) saying while he standing : Ask me before you lose me, after me (you will not find) who is as me to ask

al-Hakem said about the hadith (sahih)

al-mustadrak al-sahihain volume 2. page 506

ÃÎÈÑäÇ ÃÈæ ÇáÍÓä Úáí Èä ãÍãÏ Èä ÚÞÈÉ ËäÇ ÇáÍÓä Èä Úáí Èä ÚÝÇä ËäÇ ãÍãÏ Èä ÚÈíÏ ÇáØäÇÝÓí ËäÇ ÈÓÇã Èä ÚÈÏ ÇáÑÍãä ÇáÕíÑÝí ËäÇ ÃÈæ ÇáØÝíá ÞÇá ÑÃíÊ ÃãíÑ ÇáãÄãäíä Úáí Èä ÃÈí ØÇáÈ ÑÖí Çááå Úäå ÞÇá Úáì ÇáãäÈÑ ÝÞÇá : Óáæäí ÞÈá Ãä áÇ ÊÓÃáæÊí æ áä ÊÓÃáæÇ ÈÚÏí ãËáí

narrated Abu al-Hassan Ali bin Muhammad bin Uqbah, from al-Hassan bin Ali bin Afan, from Muhammad bin Ubaid al-Tenfasi, from Bassam bin Abdulrahman al-Sayrafi, from Abu al-Tufail saying : i saw the commender of believers Ali bin Abi Talib (ra) saying on the pulpit : ask me before (you dont be able) to ask me, after me (you will not find) who is as me to ask

al-Hakem said : the chain of narration is (sahih)

al-Dahabi said : (sahih)

look at talkhis al-Mustadrak

al-Riadh al-Nadhira of al-Tabari, page 382

æÚä ÃÈí ÇáØÝíá ÞÇá: ÔåÏÊ ÚáíÇ íÞæá: Óáæäí æÇááå áÇ ÊÓÃáæäí Úä ÔíÁ ÅáÇ ÃÎÈÑÊßã¡ æÓáæäí Úä ßÊÇÈ Çááå Ýæ Çááå ãÇ ãä ÂíÉ ÅáÇ æÃäÇ ÃÚáã ÃÈáíá äÒáÊ Ãã ÈäåÇÑ¡ Ýí Óåá Ãã Ýí ÌÈá.

Abu al-Tufail said : i testify that Ali were saying :

Ask me. By Allah, if you ask me about anything, I will tell you about it. Ask me about the Book of Allah, because by Allah there is no [Qur'anic] verse that I do not know whether it was revealed during the night or the day, or whether it was revealed on a plain or on a mountain.

al-Riadh al-Nadhira of al-Tabari, page 382

Úä ÓÚíÏ Èä ÇáãÓíÈ Ãäå ÞÇá: áã íßä ÃÍÏ ãä ÃÕÍÇÈ ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã íÞæá. Óáæäí ÅáÇ ÚáíÇð.

Saeed ibn al-Musaib said : no one of the companions of messenger of Allah (pbuh) were saying ask me except Ali.

(salam)

Bro Anti-Salafi, this is from Shia encyclopedia

Furthermore, Imam Ali once said:

"By Allah, I am the Brother of the Messenger of Allah and his friend and his cousin and the inheritor of his knowledge. Who has a better title for succeeding him than me?

Sunni references:

al-Khasa'is al-Alawiyyah, al-Nisa'i

al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim v3, p112

al-Dhahabi in his Talkhis of al-Mustadrak has admitted the above words to be genuine.

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v5, p40

Can you verify if "al-Dhahabi in his Talkhis of al-Mustadrak has admitted the above words to be genuine."

ws

Edited by Link

• Advanced Member

in the version which i have, al-Dahabi didnt comment on the hadith

which means he accept it, or at least he dont have any objection

al-Haythami narrates the same hadith but there is a difference that in al-Hayathmi narration its "inheritor" without "of his knowledge"

al-Haythamu said about the hadith : the narrators are the narrators of the sahih æÑÌÇáå ÑÌÇá ÇáÕÍíÍ

look at Majme'a al-Zawaed volume 9, page 134

• Advanced Member

yes brother

http://www.islammessage.com/booksww/book_card.php?bkid=865

but al-Dahabi allmost a nasibi, he reject many hadith about Ahlulbayt (a.s) for no reason & some times for unsensible reasons

You should have a back ground about "elm rijal" & hadith science to evaluate by your self the judgments of the sunni scholars

dont depend 100% on online books, cause some sunni websites corrupt some texts & i found that by my self through comparing the authentic books which i have with the online books

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Allah-o-Akbar. Allah is the Greatest.

Ya Allah Madad.

from shia refernce there is many tradition narrated with correct chain of narration linked direct to imam Ali (as) , but i will qoute one cause i already have the correction for it from a scholar

usool al-kafi, H , Ch. 101, h 2

ÚöÏøóÉñ ãöäú ÃóÕúÍóÇÈöäóÇ Úóäú ÃóÍúãóÏó Èúäö ãõÍóãøóÏò Úóäö ÇÈúäö ÃóÈöí äóÕúÑò Úóäú ãõËóäøðì Úóäú ÒõÑóÇÑóÉó ÞóÇáó ßõäúÊõ ÚöäúÏó ÇÈí ÌÚÝÑ (Úóáóíúåö ÇáÓøóáÇã) ÝóÞóÇáó áóåõ ÑóÌõáñ ãöäú Ãóåúáö ÇáúßõæÝóÉö íóÓúÃóáõåõ Úóäú Þóæúáö ÃóãöíÑö ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó (Úóáóíúåö ÇáÓøóáÇã) Óóáõæäöí ÚóãøóÇ ÔöÆúÊõãú ÝóáÇ ÊóÓúÃóáõæäøöí Úóäú ÔóíúþÁò ÅöáÇ ÃóäúÈóÃúÊõßõãú Èöåö ÞóÇáó Åöäøóåõ áóíúÓó ÃóÍóÏñ ÚöäúÏóåõ Úöáúãõ ÔóíúþÁò ÅöáÇ ÎóÑóÌó ãöäú ÚöäúÏö ÃóãöíÑö ÇáúãõÄúãöäöíäó (Úóáóíúåö ÇáÓøóáÇã) ÝóáúíóÐúåóÈö ÇáäøóÇÓõ ÍóíúËõ ÔóÇÁõæÇ Ýóæó Çááå áóíúÓó ÇáÇãúÑõ ÅöáÇ ãöäú åóÇåõäóÇ æóÃóÔóÇÑó ÈöíóÏöåö Åöáóì ÈóíúÊöåö.

A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibn abu Basir from Muthanna from Zurara who has said the following. "Once I was in the presence of abu Ja‘far (a.s.). A man from Kufa asked him about the words of Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.), "Ask me whatever you would like. Whatever you may ask I will give you the answer." The Imam (a.s.) said, "No one has any piece of knowledge of anything that has not come through Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) . People may go wherever they may like, however, by Allah, the truth comes from no where else except from here, he pointed out with his hand towards his house."

usool kafi, even Shia say it has many fabricated hadeeths

for example

al-mustadrak al-sahihain of al-Hakem al-Nisaboory volume 2, page 352

ÃÎÈÑäí ÃÈæ ÌÚÝÑ ãÍãÏ Èä Úáí ÇáÔíÈÇäí ÈÇáßæÝÉ ËäÇ ÃÍãÏ Èä ÍÇÒã ÇáÛÝÇÑí ËäÇ ÃÈæ äÚíã ËäÇ ÈÓÇã ÇáÕíÑÝí ËäÇ ÃÈæ ÇáØÝíá ÚÇãÑ Èä æÇËáÉ ÞÇá ÓãÚÊ ÚáíÇ ÑÖí Çááå Úäå ÞÇã ÝÞÇá : Óáæäí ÞÈá Ãä ÊÝÞÏæäí æ áä ÊÓÃáæÇ ÈÚÏí ãËáí

narrated Abu Jaffar Muhammed bin Ali al-Sheybani from Ahmad bin Hazim al-Ghafari, from Abu Naeem, from Bassam al-Sayrafi, from Abu al-Tufail Amer bin Wathila saying : i heard Ali (ra) saying while he standing : Ask me before you lose me, after me (you will not find) who is as me to ask

words "after me" are imp, He (ra) didn't say before and after or i am the only one

Here i Must Add Hazrat Ali (ra) was very pious and knowledgable and was a great muslim.

i will realy appreciate Anti-salafi if u can read the first post and the proceede as per it. thanks

Example of Why Hazrat Ali (ra) said after me

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 11:

Narrated Jubair bin Mutim:

A woman came to the Prophet who ordered her to return to him again. She said, "What if I came and did not find you?" as if she wanted to say, "If I found you dead?" The Prophet said, "If you should not find me, go to Abu Bakr

And Allah Knows the Best

• Advanced Member
usool kafi, even Shia say it has many fabricated hadeeths

that why i mentioned the correction of Allamah al-Majlesy for the hadith

Allamah al-Majlesi said about the hadith : (hasan)

look at mirat al-uqool volume 4 page 308

i have many hadith related to that topic from other books, but i didnt mentioned it yet

Example of Why Hazrat Ali said after me

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 11:

Narrated Jubair bin Mutim:

A woman came to the Prophet who ordered her to return to him again. She said, "What if I came and did not find you?" as if she wanted to say, "If I found you dead?" The Prophet said, "If you should not find me, go to Abu Bakr

that has nothing to do with our discussion

plus such statments you can use it as argument against the Salafis or Sufis

not against Shia

any how

here is other text maybe its more clear for you

al-Mustadrak al-Sahihaih volume 3 page 132

ÃÎÈÑäÇ ÃÈæ ÌÚÝÑ ãÍãÏ Èä Úáí ÇáÔíÈÇäí ÈÇáßæÝÉ ãä ÃÕá ßÊÇÈå ËäÇ ÃÍãÏ Èä ÍÇÒã Èä ÃÈí ÛÑÒÉ ËäÇ ÃÈæ ÛÓÇä ËäÇ ÚÈÏ ÇáÓáÇã Èä ÍÑÈ ËäÇ ÇáÃÚãÔ Úä ÅÓãÇÚíá Èä ÑÌÇÁ Úä ÃÈíå Úä ÃÈí ÓÚíÏ ÑÖí Çááå Úäå

ÞÇá ÇÈä ÃÈí ÛÑÒÉ : æ ÍÏËäÇ ÚÈíÏ Çááå Èä ãæÓì ËäÇ ÝØÑ Èä ÎáíÝÉ Úä ÅÓãÇÚíá Èä ÑÌÇÁ Úä ÃÈíå Úä ÃÈí ÓÚíÏ ÑÖí Çááå Úäå ÞÇá ßäÇ ãÚ ÑÓæá Çááå Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã ÝÇäÞØÚÊ äÚáå ÝÊÎáÝ Úáí íÎÕÝåÇ ÝãÔì ÞáíáÇ Ëã ÞÇá : Åä ãäßã ãä íÞÇÊá Úáì ÊÃæíá ÇáÞÑä ßãÇ ÞÇÊáÊ Úáì ÊäÒíáå ÝÇÓÊÔÑÝ áåÇ ÇáÞæã æ Ýíåã ÃÈæ ÈßÑ æ ÚãÑ ÑÖí Çááå ÚäåãÇ ÞÇá ÃÈæ ÈßÑ : ÃäÇ åæ ÞÇá : áÇ ÞÇá ÚãÑ : ÃäÇ åæ ÞÇá : áÇ æ áßä ÎÇÕÝ ÇáäÚá ÚáíÇ

Abu Sa'id Khadiri said : We were (walking) with the Holy Prophet (pbuh), we saw that his shoe buckle (of the prophet) was broken. He tossed his shoe to Ali, who began mending it. Then the Holy Prophet walked little bit & said: 'Verily, there is one among you who shall fight in defense of the proper interpretation of the Holy Qur'an as I have fought (against the infidels).'

Then Abu Bakr said: 'I am that man?'

The Holy Prophet said, 'No!'

Then Umar said: 'Is it I?'

The Holy Prophet said: 'No! It is the man who is mending my shoes, Ali

al-Hakem said about that hadith : (sahih) according to the two Sheikhs method

al-Dahabi said about the hadith : on Bukhari & Muslim method

so we understand that the only one who has the knowledge of interpretation of the Holy Qur'an is imam Ali (as)

so Ali (as) is the gate of the holy prophet (pbuh) knowledge :)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad

this is taken from a link which was reffered to me by Mehek and the link is

http://www.al-islam.org/tahrif/cityofknowledge/index.htm

to continue this i will first ask some questions so that we can proceed.

1. Do you believe that this hadeeth is true on authority of trimzi?

2. or do believe that this hadeeth is true on authority of Hakim(the othe person to quote this hadeeth)?

now for those who want to take part in this discussion

please quote the same hadeeth(with full details, where it has been taken from, the narrotors and the text of hadeeth, if online link is available then it will be appreciated that u give the link) from any where u believe is true and then give a brief explaination or commentary.

And Allah Knows the Best

_________________________________________________________________________________

Only ur own discussion is welcomed their is no need to copy paste the links and if u want then only paste the part which u want to emphasize in ur post. Thanks

As Salam Alykom,

this is a weak hadith.

The hadith has been considered weak by Many Sunni scholars, as well as Al Kolyni the Shia.

I also checked what At Termethi said, and he continued after the hadith saying, hadith'on Ghareebon monkar, meaning a strange hadith which is not true.

Also Ibn Taymiyyah and Ibn Al Jawzy judge that its an aunthentic hadith.

Was Salam Alykom...

Edited by ugllyllion

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Where did he say its weak?

ws

Wa'lykom As Salam,

He said its weak, I don't know where, but ask any honest Shia scholar and he will tell you because Kolyni is the only shia who did and so he is famous for this.

Now let me show you what Sunni's say about this hadith:

1- Al Hafeth ibn Hajjar: wrong hadith, Lisan Al Mizan 1/197

2- Al Albani (may Allah have mercy on him): Mowthoo' (means that its not true and created by someone to say that its from the Prophet.) Selselat Al Ahadeeth Al Tha'eefa 518, 6

3- Al Qurtobi: This is a false hadith. 5, 9, 220

4- Al Haiythami: the hadith has Abdel As Salam ibn Hafeth, who is weak. 144,9

5- Ibn Al Qaym Al Jawzi: the hadith has Omer ibn Ismael who is not to be trusted. 205,2

And there are more.

When you say Ali, may Allah be pleased of him, is the door for knoweldge then you are contradicting the shia belief that says that the Imams knoweldge is Ladoni, and this could also be a short answer for those non tawheed ideas that says the imams knows the knoweldge of the unseen. Because Mohammed, peace be upon him, is the city of the knoweldge and Ali is the door. So after the Prophet's death Ali had the knoweldge of the unseen, it wasn't through the Prophet , it was through Allah as you believe.

And when you say that the knoweldge of Imams is Ladoni, then the Prophet is a city and Ali is another city.

The companions of the Messenger of Allah are many, Ali may Allah be pleased with him, is one of his best companions but knowledge was transmitted to outside Hijaz (Meccah and Al Madinah) through other companions as Mauth ibn Jabal in Yemen.

Also Al Baraa' ibn Malik in Al Madinah. Ali at that time was with the messenger of Allah in Meccah, while there was a transmitter of the knoweldge of Islam in Al Madinah.

The companions/students of Mohammed, peace be upon him are many, during his journys and Ali journys, you cant say that there is only one door to the Prophet. As Aliya says Allah made religion EASY.

Was Salam Alykom

Edited by ugllyllion

• Veteran Member
Wa'lykom As Salam,

He said its weak, I don't know where, but ask any honest Shia scholar and he will tell you because Kolyni is the only shia who did and so he is famous for this.

(salam)

Bro thats not good enough. You made a claim, either provide proof or take it back.

ws

• Advanced Member

brother ugllyllion

if al-albany & ibn Hajar said about the hadith false

al-Seuty & al-Ghamary said about the hadith correct

that has nothing to do with the Shia

its 100% Sunni issue

if you want to use any argument against the Shia, so you have to get a text from Shia scholars saying that the hadith is false of weak

brother .InshAllah., seem to me you will not get an answer from ugllyllion, coz he is just ignorant & talking from his pocket, just as what ibn Taymia used to

• Advanced Member

The following notable Sunni ulema and/or Hadith Scholars have confirmed the authenticity of this hadith:

1- Imam Tha'labi,

2- Firozabadi

3- Hakim Nishapuri in "Al-Mustadrak ala Sahihayn"

4- Muhammad Jazari

5- Muhammad Bin Jarir Tabari in "Tahdhibu'l-Ansar"

6- Jalaluddin Suyuti in "Jam'u'l-Jawami'y"

7- Ali Muttaqi Hindi in "Kanzu'l-'Ummal"

8- Muhammad Bin Yusuf Ganji Shafi'i

9- Muhammad Bin Talha Shafi'i

10- Qazi Fazl Bin Ruzbahan

11- Munawi

12- Ibn Hajar Makki

13- Khatib Khawarizmi

14- Sulayman Qanduzi Hanafi

15- Ibn Maghazili Faqih Shafi'i

16- Dailami

17- Ibn Talha Shafi'i in "Matalibu's-Su'ul"

18- Mir Seyyed Ali Hamadani

19- Hafiz Abu Nu'aim Ispahani

20- Sheikhu'l-Islam Hamwaini

21- Ibn Abi'l-Hadid Mu'tazali

22- Imam Tabarani

23- Sibt Ibn Jauzi al Hanafi

24- Imam Abdu'r-Rahman Nisa'i.

25- Seyyed Muhammad Bukhari in "Tadhkiratu'l-Abrar"

26- Ganji Shafii in "Kifayatu't-Talib"

27- Jamaaluddin Hindi in "Tadhkiratu'l-Muzu'a"

They write:

"If somebody rejects this hadith, he is certainly mistaken."

Also in Sunni works like Rauzatu'l-Nadiya by Amir Muhammad Yamani, Bahru'l-Asanid by Hafiz Abu Muhammad Samarqandi, and Matalibu's-Su'ul by Muhammad Bin Talha Shafi'i, they have generally confirmed the veracity of this hadith.

This hadith has been narrated in different ways and from various sources. Most of the companions and followers have narrated it, including Ali, Abu Muhammad Hasan Bin Ali, the eldest grandson of the Prophet, Abdullah Ibn Abbas, Jabir Ibn Abdullah Ansari, Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud, Hudhaifa Bin al-Yaman, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Anas Bin Malik, and Amr Bin As.

Among the tabi'in (second generation after the Companions) the following have reported this hadith: Imam Zainu'l-Abidin, Imam Muhammad Baqir, Asbagh Bin Nabuta, Jarir Azzabi, Harith Bin Abdullah Hamdani Kufi, Sa'd Bin Ta'rifu'l-Hanzali Kufi, Sa'id Bin Jabir Asadi Kufi, Salma Bin Kuhail Hazarmi Kufi, Sulayman Bin Mihran A'mash Kufi, Asim Bin Hamza Saluli Kufi, Abdullah Bin Uthman Bin Khisam al-Qari al-Makki, Abdu'r-Rahman Bin Uthman, Abdullah Bin Asila al-Muradi, Abu Abdullah Sanabahi, and Mujahid Bin Jabir Abu'l Hajjaj al-Makhzumi al-Makki.

=======================================

SUNNI ULEMA WHO HAVE NARRATEDTHE HADITH OF "CITY OF KNOWLEDGE"

=======================================

(1) Third-century commentator and historian Muhammad Bin Jarir Tabari (d. 310 A.H.): Tahdhibu'l-Athar.

(2) Hakim Nishapuri (d. 405 A.H.): Mustadrak, v.III, pp. 126,128,226.

(3) Abu 'Isa Muhammad Bin Tirmidhi (d. 289 A.H.): Sahih

(4) Jalalu'd-din Suyuti (d. 911 A.H.): Jam'u'l-Jawami'y and Jam'u's-Saghir, v.I, p. 374.

(5) Abu'l-Qasim Sulayman Bin Ahmad Tabrani (d. 491 A.H.): Kabir and Ausat.

(6) Hafiz Abu Muhammad Hasan Samarqandi (d. 491 A.H.): Bahru'l-Asanid.

(7) Hafiz Abu Nu'aim Ahmad Bin Abdullah Ispahani (d.410 A.H.): Ma'rifatu'l-Sahaba.

(8) Hafiz Abu Amr Yusuf Bin Abdullah Bin Abdu'l-Bar Qartabi (d. 463 A.H.): Isti'ab, v.II, p. 461.

(9) Abu'l-Hasan Faqih Shafi'i Ali Bin Muhammad Bin Tayyib al-Jalabi Ibn Maghazili (d. 483 A.H.): Manaqib.

(10) Abu Shuja' Shirwaih Hamadani Dailami (d. 509 A.H.): Firdausu'l-Akhbar.

(11) Abu'l-Mu'ayyid Khatib Khawarizmi (d. 568 A.H.): Manaqib, p.49 and Maqtalu'l-Husain, v.I, p.43.

(12) Abu'l-Qasim Bin Asakir Ali Bin Hasan Damishqi (d. 572 A.H.): Ta'rikh-e-Kabir.

(13) Abu'l-Hujjaj Yusuf Bin Muhammad Andalusi (d.605 A.H.): Alif-Bas, v.I, p. 222.

(14) Abu'l-Hasan Ali Bin Muhammad Bin Athir Jazari (d. 630 A.H.): Asadu'l-Ghaiba, v. IV, p.22.

(15) Muhibu'd-din Ahmad Bin Abdullah Tabari Shafi'i (d. 694 A.H.): Riyazu'l-Nuzra, v.I, p.129 and hakha'iru'l-Uquba, p.77.

(16) Shamsu'D-Din Muhammad Bin Ahmad Dhahabi Shafi'i (died 748 A.H.): Tadhkiratu'l-Huffaz, vol.IV, p.28.

(17) Badru'd-Din Muhammad Zarkashi Misri (died 749 A.H.): Faizu'l-Qadir, vol.III, p.47.

(18) Hafiz Ali Bin Abi Bakr Haithami (died 807 A.H.): Majma'u'z-Zawa'id, Vol.IX, p.114.

(19) Kamalu'd-Din Muhammad Bin Musa Damiri (died 808 A.H.): Hayatu'l-Haiwan, vol. I, p.55.

(20) Shamsu'd-Din Muhammad Bin Muhammad Jazari (died 833 A.H.): Asnu'l-Matalib, p.14.

(21) Shahabu'd-Din Bin Hajar Ahmad Bin Ali Asqalani (died 852 A.H.): Tahdhibu'l-Tahdhib, vol.vii, p.337.

(22) Badru'd-Din Mahmud Bin Ahmad Aini Hanafi (died 855 A.H.): Umdatu'l-Qari, vol vii, p.631.

(23) Ali Bin Hisamu'd-Din Muttaqi Hindi (died 975 A.H.): Kanzu'l-Ummal, vol. vi, p.156.

(24) Abu'r-Ra'uf Al-Munawi Shafi'i (died 1031 A.H.): Faizu'l-Qadir, Sharh-e-Jami'u'l-Saghir, vol. iv, p.46.

(25) Hafiz Ali Bin Ahmad Azizi Shafi'i (died 1070): Siraju'l-Munir Jam'u's-Saghir, vol. III, p.63.

(26) Muhammad Bin Yusuf Shami (died 942 A.H.): Subulu'l-Huda wa'l-Rishad fi Asma'i Khairu'l-Ibad.

(27) Muhammad Bin Yaqub Firuzabadi (died 817 A.H.): Naqdu's-Sahih.

(28) Imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal (died 241 A.H.): Mujaladab-e-Munaqab, Musnad.

(29) Abu Salim Muhammad Bin Talha Shafi'i (died 652 A.H.): Matalibu-s-Su'ul, p.22.

(30) Sheikhu'l-Islam Ibrahim Bin Muhammad Hamwaini (died 722 A.H.): Fara'idu's-Simtain.

(31) Shahabu'd-Din Dowlat Abadi (died 849 A.H.): Hidayatu's-Su'ada.

(32) Allama Samhudi Seyyed Nuru'd-Din Shafi'i (died 911 A.H.): Jawahiru'l-Iqdain.

(33) Qazi Fazl Bin Ruzbahan Shirazi: Ibta'lu'l-Batil.

(34) Nuru'd-Din Bin Sabbagh Maliki (died 855 A.H.): Fusulu'l-Muhimma, p.18.

(35) Shahabu'd-Din Bin Hajar Makki (a bitter enemy and fanatic, died 974 A.H.): Sawa'iq-e-Muhriqa.

(36) Jamalu'd-Din Ata'ullah Muhadith-e-Shirazi (died 1000 A.H.): Arba'in.

(37) Ali Qari Harawi (died 1014 A.H.): Mirqat Sharh-e-Mishkat.

(38) Muhammad Bin Ali as-Subban (died 1205 A.H.): Is'afu'l-Raghibin, p.156.

(39) Qazi Muhammad Bin Sukani (died 1250 A.H>): Fawa'idu'l-Majmu'a fi'l-AHadithi'l-Muzu'a.

(40) Shahabu'd-din Seyyed Mahmud Alusi Baghdadi (died 1270 A.H.): Tafsir-e-Ruhu'l-Ma'ani.

(41) Imam Al-Ghazali: 'Ihya'u'l-Ulum al Din.

(42) Mir Seyyed Ali Hamadani Faqih-e-Shafi'i: Mawaddatu'l-Qurba.

(43) Abu Muhammad Ahmad Bin Muhammad Asimi: Zainu'l-Fata (Commentary on Sura 'Hal Ata').

(44) Shamsu'd-Din Muhammad Bin abdu'r-Rahman Sakhawi (died 902 A.H.): Maqasidu'l-Hasana.

(45) Sulayman Balkhi Hanafi (died 1293 A.H.): Yanabiu'l-Mawadda, Ch. xiv.

(46) Yusuf Sibt Ibn Jauzi: Tadhkirat-e-Khawasu'l-Umma.

(47) Sadru'd-Din Seyyed Husain Fuzi Harawi: Nuzahatu'l-Arwah.

(48) Kamalu'd-Din Husain Meibudi: Sharh-e-Diwan.

(49) Haiz Abu Bakr Ahmad Bin Ali Khatib Baghdadi (died 463 A.H.): Ta'rikh, vol. II, p.377, vol. iv, p. 348, and vol. vii, p.173.

(50) Muhammad Bin Yusuf Ganji Shafi'i (died 658 A.H.): Kifayatu't-Talib, end of ch. 58. After quoting three authentic hadith from the Holy Prophet, he says: "In short, the highly learned Companions, the next generation after them, and the progeny of the Prophet have all acknowledged the virtues, vast knowledge, and judgment of Ali. To be sure, Abu Bakr, Umar, and Uthman and other learned Companions used to consult with him regarding matters of religion and followed his advice in administrative affairs. They admitted that he was unexcelled in knowledge and wisdom. And this hadith does not over estimate him since his rank before Allah, the Holy Prophet, and the believers is much higher than that., Imam Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Al-Siddiqi Maghribi in confirmation of this holy hadith has written a book, Fathu'l-Mulku'l-Ali bi Sihat-e-Hadith-e-Bab-e-Madinatu'l-Ilm, (printed by the Ilamiyyah Press, Egypt, 1354 A.H.). If you are not satisfied even now, I can give you more references.

The argument that:

"Why is there one door to city of knowledge" is as nonsensical as saying

"Why is there one city of knowledge in the entire planet"!

Through Qiyas and Zan such statements often come out from the mouths of those who think they can deceive ordinary folk through the tactics of ilm al kalaam

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Bro thats not good enough. You made a claim, either provide proof or take it back.

ws

sorry I didn't have all my books with me when I wrote it, you are right

sorry I didn't have all my books with me when I wrote it, you are right

Taair-al-Quds

we(sunnis n shia) cant just copy from our scholars book always, the names of of the scholars u mentioned are nothing compared to Ath Hahabi, Ibn Hajjr , and even the other names that I have not listed.

Was Salam Alykom

brother ugllyllion

if al-albany & ibn Hajar said about the hadith false

al-Seuty & al-Ghamary said about the hadith correct

that has nothing to do with the Shia

its 100% Sunni issue

if you want to use any argument against the Shia, so you have to get a text from Shia scholars saying that the hadith is false of weak

brother .InshAllah., seem to me you will not get an answer from ugllyllion, coz he is just ignorant & talking from his pocket, just as what ibn Taymia used to

I am salafi, how can I be your brother when you are anti me ?

then don't think that I don't check what great scholars say when one say that they said this thing and that. Read my posts and youll know. in 10 mins i found out that many names are added, let alone that their could be fake. and some hindi scholars.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad.

Eeman, just because shias do not claim Al-Kafi to be 100% authentic doesn't mean all hadith from it should be rejected. There IS a middle ground, and those with the knowledge and education differentiate the good from bad.

Its simple, Shia's usually dont accept those hadeeths of Sahih's which are describing the merits of Sahahba and which go against their faith

secondly, once u say that the book in not 100% authentic then how can you be sure that this one is true or fabricated

that why i mentioned the correction of Allamah al-Majlesy for the hadith

a Shia I believe????

this will not do

so we understand that the only one who has the knowledge of interpretation of the Holy Qur'an is imam Ali

so Ali is the gate of the holy prophet knowledge

think Quran is the Word of Allah and Ali Karam Allah wajhu is one Great Interpretator of Quran

but their can be others

for example in Masnad Ahmad and Trimizi

Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W.W. said about Zaid bin Sabit (ra) (in arabic "afrazaham")

that he is the Best Expert of Knowledge of Inheritance (in Urdu "Miras")

and About Maaz bin jabal (ra) that he knows the most about Halal and HAram

and What Hazrat Ali Karam Allah wajhu Himself Said

Shahih Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 111:

Narrated Ash-Sha'bi:

Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked Ali, 'Have you got any book (which has been revealed to the Prophet apart from the Qur'an)?' 'Ali replied, 'No, except Allah's Book or the power of understanding which has been bestowed (by Allah) upon a Muslim or what is (written) in this sheet of paper (with me).' Abu Juhaifa said, "I asked, 'What is (written) in this sheet of paper?' Ali replied, it deals with The Diyya (compensation (blood money) paid by the killer to the relatives of the victim), the ransom for the releasing of the captives from the hands of the enemies, and the law that no Muslim should be killed in Qisas (equality in punishment) for the killing of (a disbeliever).

Eeman, what would be your view of bukhari if you find out many of it's narrators were khawarij?

Link Can u elaborate the tem Khawarij

and i think it is off topic

its 100% Sunni issue

Anti-salafi, then will u accept what those suuni's hav commented about it???

The argument that:

"Why is there one door to city of knowledge" is as nonsensical as saying

"Why is there one city of knowledge in the entire planet"!

Taair-al-Quds I hav not heard their names before

if u want to impress than quote from the Most Known Islamic Scholars and we will see

Great Sense

ur next Questions

why is there one Khabba in the whole universe?

why is there only one Holy Book?

and so on............

And The Answer to ur Question is that One City of Knowledge is more than enough for the planets because it has many Gates which can And Insha-Allah illuminate the Whole Planet.

And Allah Knows the Best

Edited by EEman

• Advanced Member

Anti-Salafi quoted Uglyllion:

"al-albany & ibn Hajar said about the hadith false"

This is utternonsense. As i have shown in previous posts and as can be again seen in the references below, Ibn e Hajar al Asqallani firmly authenticated this hadith and infact rebutted those who find faults in it.

As for the Wahabi Sheikh Albani, he has also quoted it then lets not forget the Sunni work "Al-Albani Unveiled", which exposes this nasibi and his fallacies says:

"Ibn Hajar ‘Asqalani was asked about it and answered that it was well authenticated (hasan), not rigorously authenticated (sahih) as Hakim had said, but not a forgery (mawdu’), as Ibn Jawzi had said. This was mentioned by Suyuti. The Hadith master (hafiz) Abu Sa’id ‘Ala’i said, "The truth is that the Hadith is well authenticated (hasan), in view of its multiple means of transmission, being neither rigorously authenticated (sahih) nor weak (da’if), much less a forgery" (Risala al-mawdu’aat, 26)"

Sunni Reference:

Al-Albani Unveiled, p. 73

EEman wrote:

"Taair-al-Quds I hav not heard their names before

if u want to impress than quote from the Most Known Islamic Scholars and we will see"

I have not heard your name either and yet im replying to you even though you are not even an unknown scholar. Before you come for a debate on Hadith analysis, you are recommended to take at least one month of rigorous training to know the names of all famous Sunni scholars (i quoted) and how they are viewed by sunni academias all over the world (be it wahabi or sunni institutes)

If you have not known the names of the dozens of famous sunni authorities/scholars/muhaddiths that i gave, then its a shame because the entire sunni academia have heard them and quote them as well in their arabic works. Just because you dont know anything does not mean anything. You could try to learn to know what you have not known as yet and refrain from making comments which would make any learned sunni scholar apalled by such a reply.

Khaaba? what is that?

Are you talking of the Qiblah?

That is Ka'abah not originating from the Arabic word "Mak'ab" (six faceted object) and not Khaaba . There is no such thing as "Khaaba". Did your list of allegedly most famous sunni scholars not teach you how to call the Qiblah?

EEman wrote:

And The Answer to ur Question is that One City of Knowledge is more than enough for the planets because it has many Gates which can And Insha-Allah illuminate the Whole Planet.

Is that an answer? That sounds more like a child crying over the same issue again and again.

Knowledge is more then enough for planets? Can you show me a hadith showing where planets are getting knowledge from? I already showed you many hadiths and their authentications from highly well known/prominent sunni scholars, showing where knowledge and its door is.

And if you had read my post clearly, i was talking of THE CITY OF KNOWLEDGE being one and not of KNOWLEDGE!! It was not that easy to miss that out, was it?

And the argument prevails:

If there can be one city of knowledge for the entire mankind/universe then so can be one door to it. If there can be one Caliph to a Prophet, after him, then so can be one DOOR to KNOWLEDGE.

God places his knowledge without the IJMA of the people who use Qiyas and Zann against authentic traditions transmitted by the Holy Prophet (s).

Certainly we learn a lesson from this episode that the CITY OF KNOWLEDGE has established itself to have ONE DOOR to it, just as the same CITY (prophet (s)) has one LEGATEE / WASI / CALIPH after him to represent him in all capacities.

The DOOR to knowledge is that which has THE BEST KNOWLEDGE AND IS THE BEST SOURCE TO RESORT TO when there is a dispute after the CITY OF KNOWLEDGE. Muaaz bin Jabal, Zaid bin Saabit, Abdullah bin Abbas, Salman al Farsi, Abu Dharr Ghafaari, etc all had knowledge but none ever claimed to be even near to let alone superior to The DOOR to knowledge Imam Ali (a.s). On the contrary, as we will see shortly, most of the respected Sahabah, submitted to the ultimate superiority of this DOOR of KNOLWEDGE. As for merely having certain knowledge of halal and haram (to which islam is not confined), it is possessed by muslim scholars of today and fuqaha of past as well, but none of them (including the sahabah muaz bin jabal or others) ever claimed to be doors of knowledge nor did the CITY OF KNOWLEDGE (s) ever spoke of them in any tradition as the DOOR TO KNOWLEDGE!

However, Jahalah has many doors all leading to Hell; it never ends and even the planets are unmoved by it!

It is for this reason that The Messenger of Allah (s) said to his Companions that:

"Whosoever wishes to live and die like me and enter that heaven (after death), which my lord has promised me, namely, the ever lasting heaven should acknowledge Ali (as) as his patron after me, and after him he should acknowledge the sons of Ali, because they are the people who will never leave you outside the door of guidance nor will they let you enter the door of misguidance."

Sunni references:

Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, p155, Tradition #2578

Also abridged Kanz al-Ummal on the margin of Musnad of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal v5, p32

Again the significance of leadership of Ahlul-Bayt (s) has been confirmed by the following beautiful analogy of the messenger of Allah (s) which he gave to the Sahabah who transmitted it to the Ummah:

The Messenger of Allah said: "Regard the Ahlul-Bayt among you as the head to the body, or the eyes to the face, for the face is only guided by the eyes."

Sunni references:

Is'af al-Raghibeen, by al-Saban

al-Sharaf al-Mua'abbad, by Shaikh Yusuf al-Nabahani, p31, by more than one authority

Also:

The Messenger (s) of Allah said to his Companions: "My Ahlul-Bayt are the protected place of refuge about the dispute in religion."

Sunni Reference: Mustadrak al Hakim

And this is why the Prophet (s) said that we will be answerable for two specific things out of the creation of Allah:

Abdullah Ibn Hantab the Sahabi, related:

The Messenger of Allah addressed us at Juhfa saying: "Do I not have authority over you more than yourselves?" They all said, "Yes of course." Then he said: "I shall hold you answerable for two things, namely, the Book of Allah and my descendants."

Sunni references:

1- Ihyaa al-Mayyit, by al-Hafidh Jalaluddin al-Suyuti

2- Arba'in al-'Arbain, by Allamah al-Nabahani

After mentioning the tradition of Two Weighty Things (Thaqalayn), Ibn Hajar holds that:

"These words show that those members of the Ahlul-Bayt who posed these distinctions were superior to all the people."

Sunni reference: al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al Makki al Asqallani, p136

The advocates of Sahabah Ajmaaeen should get a lesson from this knowledge being transmitted by their leaders showing why the door of knowledge is the Ahlulbayt (a.s) with Ali (a.s) as its leader after the city of Knowledge.

The Famous Sahaabi, Ibn Abbas (ra) narrated that the Messenger of Allah said:

"Whoever wishes to live and die like me, and to abide in the Garden of Eden after death, should acknowledge Ali as WALI after me, and take his WALI (i.e., Imams after him) as WALI, and should follow the Imams after me for they are my Ahlul-Bayt and were created from my clay and are gifted with the same knowledge and understanding as myself. Woe unto those who deny their virtues and those who disregard their relationship and affinity with me, for my intercession shall never reach them."

Sunni references:

(1) Hilyatul Awliyaa, by Abu Nu'aym, v1, pp 84,86

(2) al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p128

(3) al-Jami' al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani

(4) al-Isabah, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani

(5) Kanz al-Ummal, v6, p155

(6) al-Manaqib, by al-Kharazmi, p34

(7) Yanabi' al-Mawaddah, by al-Qundoozi al-Hanafi, p149

(8) History of Ibn Asakir, v2, p95

Allah Subhanahu Ta'ala says:

"The knowledge of that is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord neither errs nor forgets." (Quran 20:52)

"Allah removes what He wills, and confirms what He wills, and with Him is the Essence of the Book." (Quran 13:39).

"The One with whom was just a part of the Knowledge of the Book said: 'I shall bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!' Then when (Solomon) saw (the throne) set in his presence, he said: 'This is by the grace of my Lord! to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful!'" (Quran 27:40).

"(O' Prophet) say: Enough for witness between me and you is Allah and he who possesses the Knowledge of the Book." (Quran 13:43)

Witness to the fact that "he who possesses the Knowledge of the Book" in verse 13:43 refers to Imam Ali (as) and no other companions of the Prophet, is the numerous traditions reported by both Shia and Sunni. It is confirmed in the authentic Sunni books that Imam Ali was the MOST knowledgeable man in the Muslim community after the Prophet (PBUH&HF). Those who testified this fact include: The Prophet (PBUH&HF), Imam Ali himself, Abu Bakr, Umar, Aisha, and many other companions.

The Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF) informed his followers of the very existence of a man who was the treasurer of Knowledge of the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF), and he had declared to them that if they want to reach the Knowledge of the Holy Prophet, they should take that Knowledge from the treasurer:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "I am the City of Knowledge, and Ali is its Gate. So whoever intends to enter the City and the Wisdom, he should enter from its Gate."

Sunni references:

1- Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 201,637

2- al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, pp 126-127,226, Chapter of the Virtues of Ali, narrated on the authority of two reliable reporters: one, Ibn Abbas, whose report has been transmitted through two different but chain of authorities, and the other, Jabir Ibn Abdullah al-Ansari. He said this tradition is Authentic (Sahih).

3- Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p635, Tradition #1081

4- Jami' al-Saghir, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v1, pp 107,374; Also in Jami' al-Jawami'; Also in Tarikh al-Khulafaa, p171. He said this tradition is accepted (Hasan).

5- al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani (d. 360); Also in al-Awsat

6- Ma'rifah al-Sahaba, by al-Hafidh Abu Nu'aym al-Isbahani

7- Ihyaa al-Ululm, by al-Ghazzali

8- History of Ibn Kathir, v7, p358

9- History of Ibn Asakir

10- Tarikh, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v2, p337; v4, p348; v7, p173; v11, pp 48-50; v13, p204

11- al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p38; v2, p461

12- Usudul Ghabah, by Ibn al-Athir, v4, p22

13- Tahdhib al-Athar, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari

14- Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p114

15- Bahr al-Asateed, by al-Hafidh Abu Muhammad Hassan Samarqandi (d. 491)

16- Siraj al-Muneer, by al-Hafidh Ali Ibn Ahmad Azizi Shafi'i (d.1070), v2, p63

17- Manaqib, by Ali Ibn Muhammad Ibn Tayyib al-Jalaabi Ibn Maghaazi (d. 483)

18- Firdaws al-Akhbar, by Abu Shuja'a Shirwayh Hamadani al-Daylami (d. 509)

19- Maqtal al-Husain, by Khateeb Kharazmi (d. 568), v1, p43

20- Manaqib, by Khateeb Kharazmi (d. 568), p49

Alif Ba'a, by Abul Hajjaaj Yusuf Ibn Muhammad Andulesi (d.605), v1, p222

21- Matalib al-Su'ul, by Abu Salim Muhammad Ibn Talhih Shafi'i (d. 652), p22

22- Jawahi al-Aghdi'in, by Noor al-Din al-Shafi'i (d. 911)

23- Yanabi' al-Mawaddah, by al-Qundoozi al-Hanafi, in Chapter 14

24- Tadhkirat al-Khawas al-Ummah, by Sibt Ibn al-Jawzi (d. 654), p29

25- Kunz al-Baraheen, by Shaikh Khathri

Kifayat al-Talib, by Yusuf al-Ganji al-Shafi'i (d. 658), Chapter 58

26- Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, part 15, p13, Traditions #348-379

27- al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 9, section 2, p189

28- Hafidh Salah al-Din al-Ulai, after copying the weakening arguments by al-Dhahabi, has remarked "There are in this only mean attempts to oppose for the sake of opposition, and not a single valid argument."

29- Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Siddeeq al-Hasani al-Maghribi, from Cairo, has compiled a magnificent book named "Fat'h al-Mulk al-Ali bi Sihah Hadith-e-Bab-e-Madinat al-Ilm" to prove the genuinness of the very above tradition. This book was printed in the year 1354 AH in Matba' al-Islamiyyah, Egypt.

30- Also reported by Ibn Adi on the authority of Ibn Umar, and by al-Bazzar on the authority of Jabir Ibn Abdillah al-Ansari

... and more ...

In the Arabic form of this Hadith, the word "The Knowledge" comes as "al-Ilm" which has the article "al" which makes the word universal. This means that in the city of knowledge of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), all kind of the knowledge (which could possibly be attained by human being) existed.

Remark: The above tradition also supports the infallibility of Imam Ali (beside what is conveyed by Quran 33:33 on the issue of infallibility of Ahlul-Bayt). The reason behind the non-intentional mistakes is lack of knowledge, i.e., not to know what is right to do at the time. Therefore, if Imam Ali (as) contained all the knowledge of the Prophet (PBUH&HF), it reasons that if the Prophet was infallible, so is Imam Ali (as).

In addition to that, as mentioned before as well, al-Tirmidhi also recorded that:

The Messenger of Allah said: "I am the House of Wisdom and Ali is it's door."

Sunni references:

1- Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, pp 201,637

2- Ibn Jarir al-Tabari recorder this tradition and wrote: "We believe this tradition to be genuine and authentic." (as quoted by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi in Kanz al-Ummal, v6, p401)

3- Jami' al-Saghir, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v1, p170; Also in Jami' al-Jawami'

4- al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar Haythami, Ch. 9, section 2, p189

Moreover:

The Messenger said to his daughter Fatimah al-Zahra (as):

"Would it not please you that I have married you to the first Muslim in my nation, their most knowledgeable, and their greatest in Wisdom."

Sunni reference: Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, p136; v5, p26

Similarly, Sahabi e Rasool (s) Barida narrated:

The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said to Fatimah (as) that:

"I gave you in marriage to the best in my Ummah, the most knowledgeable in them, the best in patience in them, and the first Muslim among them."

Sunni reference:

Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, p398

Sahabi e Rasool (s), Abu Bakr said:

"May Allah never put me in a situation where I can not have access to Abul Hasan (i.e., Ali) to solve a problem." Similarly, Sa'id al-Musayyib said: "Umar Ibn al-Khattab used to beg God to preserve him from a perplexing case which the father of al-Hasan was not present to decide." Furthermore Umar said: "If there was not Ali, Umar would have perished."

Sunni references:

Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p647, Tradition #1100

al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p39

Manaqib, by al-Khawarizmi, p48

al-Tabaqat, by Ibn Sa'd, v2, p338

al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, v2, p194

Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p171

Umm ul Momineen Aisha once said:

"He (Ali) was the most knowledgeable person among those who remained on the Sunnah (of the Prophet)."

Sunni References:

1- al-Tabaqat, by Ibn Sa'd

2- Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p171

3- al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar Haythami, Ch. 9, section 3, p196

4- Ibn Asakir

Sahabi, Ibn Abbas (ra) said:

"There was 18 exclusive virtues for Ali which was not for any other person in the Muslim community."

Sunni Reference:

al-Awsat, by Imam al-Tabarani

Sahabi e Rasool (s), Ibn Mas'ud said:

"We were talking that the most trustful referee/Judge in Medina to solve the problems was Ali."

Sunni References:

1- Tarikh al-Kabir, by al-Bukhari (the author of Sahih), v1, part 2, p6

2- Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p646, Tradition #1097

3- al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p352

4- Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p171

5- al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, section of word "Ain", v2, p462; v3, p39

6- al-Tabaqat, by Ibn Sa'd, v2, p338, He also reported that Umar said: "Ali was our Judge."

7- Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v1, p84

8- Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p116

9- al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, v3, p213

Furthermore:

Sahabi e Rasool Allah (s), Ibn Mas'ud (ra) said:

"The Holy Quran has outward and inward meanings, and Ali Ibn Abi Talib has the knowledge of both."

Sunni references:

Hilyatul Awliyaa, by Abu Nu'aym, v1, p65

Much of the knowledge of the Prophet was transferred to Imam Ali (as) when the Prophet was taking his last breath:

Imam Ali said:

"The Messenger of Allah at that time (before his last breath) taught me a thousand chapters of knowledge, every one of which opened for me one thousand other chapters."

Sunni references:

1- Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v1, p392

2- Hilyatul Awliyaa, by al-Hafidh Abu Nu'aym

Nuskhatah, by Abu Ahmad al-Faradi

Furthermore, Imam Ali (as) once said:

"By Allah, I am the Brother of the Messenger of Allah and his friend and his cousin and the inheritor of his knowledge. Who has a better title for succeeding him than me?

Sunni references:

1- al-Khasa'is al-Alawiyyah, by Imam al-Nisa'i

2- al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim v3, p112

3- al-Dhahabi in his Talkhis of al-Mustadrak has admitted the above words to be genuine.

4- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v5, p40

Also Imam Ali (as) himself frequently stated in his sermons:

"Ask me before you lose me. By Allah, if you ask me about anything that could happen up to the Day of Judgment, I will tell you about it. Ask me, for, by Allah, you will not be able to ask me a question about anything without my informing you. Ask me about the Book of Allah, for by Allah, there is no verse about which I do not know whether it was sent down at night or during the day, or whether it was revealed on a plain or in a mountain."

Sunni References:

1- al-Isabah, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v4, p568

2- Tahdhib al-Tahdhib, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v7, pp 337-338

3- Fat'hul Bari, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v8, p485

4- Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by al-Suyuti, p124

5- al-Itqan, by al-Suyuti, v2, p319

6- al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, v2, p198

7- at-Tabaqat, by Ibn Sa'd, v2, Part 2, p101

8- al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p1107

Two more Ashaab e Rasool (s) Sa'id Ibn Musayyib as well as Umar Ibn al-Khattab said:

"No companion of the Prophet ever said 'Ask me' except Ali."

Sunni References:

1- Fadha'il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p647, Tradition #1098

2- al-Isabah, by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, v2, p509

3- al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar Haythami, Ch. 9, section 3, p196

4- al-Faqih wal Mutafaqih, by al-Khateeb al-Baghdadi, v2, p167

5- Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p171

6- al-Tabaqat, by Ibn Sa'd, v2, p338

7- al-Isti'ab, by Ibn Abd al-Barr, v3, p40

8- al-Riyadh al-Nadhirah, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, v3, p212

9- al-Dhakha'ir al-Uqba, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, p83

The conclusion is that "he who possesses the Knowledge of the Book" in verse 13:43 refers to Imam Ali (as) and no other companions. And if "a part of Knowledge of the Book", provided a supernatural power for Asaf, then it is clear that those who have the whole knowledge of the Book, have more ability of this type by leave of Allah.

Also according to the above tradition written in Sihah Sittah, in which the Prophet (PBUH&HF) said

"I am the City of Knowledge, and Ali is its Gate. So whoever intends to enter the City and the Wisdom, he should enter from its Gate", it is clear that the only source of knowledge after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH&HF) was Imam Ali (as), and those who seek other sources do not gain the genuine Sunnah of the Prophet because nobody can enter this City from a direction other than its door.

It is narrated that:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "He who wants to see Noah (as) in his determination, Adam (as) in his knowledge, Abraham (as) in his clemency, Moses (as) in his intelligence and Jesus (as) in his religious devotion should look at Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)."

Sunni references:

1- Sahih al-Bayhaqi

2- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, as quoted in

3- Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, v2, p449

4- Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhruddin al-Razi, under the commentary of the Verse of Imprecation (Mubahilah), v2 p288. He wrote this tradition has been accepted as all genuine.

5- Ibn Batah has recorded it as a tradition related by Ibn Abbas as is stated in the book "Fat'h al-Mulk al-Ali bi Sihah Hadith-e-Bab-e-Madinat al-Ilm", p34, by Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Siddeeq al-Hasani al-Maghribi.

Among those who have admitted that Imam Ali (as) is the store house of the secrets of all the Prophets, is the Chief of Gnostics, Muhyiddin al-Arabi, from whom al-Arif al-Sha'rani (widely praised and known in Sunni circles) has copied it in his al-Yawaqeet wa al-Jawahir (p172, topic 32).

It is also narrated that:

The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said: "There is amongst you a person who will fight for the interpretation of the Quran just as I fought for its revelation." The people around him raised their heads and cast inquisitive glances at the Prophet (PBUH&HF) and at one another. Abu Bakr and Umar were there. Abu Bakr inquired if he was that person and the Prophet (PBUH&HF) replied in the negative. Then Umar inquired if he was that person and the Prophet (PBUH&HF), replied "No. He is the one who is repairing my shoes (i.e., Ali)."

Abu Said Khudri said: Then we went to Ali and conveyed the good news to him. He did not even raise his head and remained as busy as he was, as if he had already heard it from the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF)."

Sunni references:

1- al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p122, who said this tradition is genuine based on the criteria of al-Bukhari and Muslim.

2-al-Dhahabi, also records it in his Talkhis al-Mustadrak and admitted that it is genuine according to the standard of the two Shaikhs.

3- Khasa'is, by al-Nisa'i, p40

4- Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v3, pp 32-33

5- Kanz al-Ummal, by al-Muttaqi al-Hindi, v6, p155

6- Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v9, p133

Sunni Imams Ahmad Ibn Hanbal and al-Hakim recorded with authentic document from Sahabi e Rasool (s) Abu Said al-Khudri, that the Apostle of God said to Ali:

"Verily you will do battle for (implementation of) the Quran, as you has done for its revelation."

Sunni reference:

Tarikh al-Khulafaa, by Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, p173

Sunni Hadith Compiler, al-Hakim Nayshapuri, recorded that:

Sahabi e Rasool (s) Anas Ibn Malik narrated that the Holy Prophet said to Ali:

" You shall inform my nation about the truth and what they dispute after me":

Sunni reference:

al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p112, who wrote this is an authentic Hadith according to the stipulation of the two Shaikhs (al-Bukhari and Muslim). [This would mean that the chain of narrators are considered to be authentic as stipulated by Bukhari and Muslim]

Sahabi e Rasool (s) Abdullah Ibn Masud narrated:

The messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) ordered me to follow him, on the night of the Jinn. I went with him until we reached the hight of Macca... (the prophet) said:

"I was promised that the Jinn and human will believe in me. As to the human they believed in me, as to the Jinn you have seen"; he continued: "I feel that my end is drawing near."

I said: O Messenger of Allah, won't you make Abu Bakr as your Caliph? He turned away from me, so I realized that he disagreed;

I said: O Messenger of Allah, won't you make Umar as your Caliph? He turned away from me, so I realized that he disagreed;

I said: O Messenger of Allah, won't you make Ali as your Caliph? He said:

"(That's) him. By the One whom there is no God beside Him, if you chose him and obeyd him He (Allah) entered you into Paradise all together."

Sunni references:

1- Majma' al-Zawa'id, by al-Haythami, v8, p314

2- Also mentioned by al-Tabarani

Now we are absolutely clear from the words of Allah (swt), the Prophet (s), the Sahabah and the Ummaahaat al Momineen about what knowledge is, who its door is (and what it means) and who is to be followed/obeyed unconditionally after the Prophet (s) on par with Quran.

It has been established with tawatur and authenticity that the Prophet (s) warned his Sahabah of fitnah within them and told them to resort to the DOOR of knowledge to remove this jahalah/misguidance and fitnah and also upheld Imam Ali (a.s) above them at various occasions of disputes/quarrels in his life.

Therefore, I will end this post by quoting an eye opening verse from the Quran and its best tafseer from the best Mufassir, the Holy Prophet (s) of Islam as an invitation and warning to those who dispute with the City of Knowledge (s) and its Door (a.s) and insist on preaching their misguidance and lies with stories of planets in comparison to hadiths and quranic tafseer from the city of knowledge:

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and our selves and your selves; then let us be earnest in prayer and invoke the curse of Allah upon the liars. (Quran 3:61).

The infamous Sunni Muhaddith / Mufassir / Mu'arikh / Scholar Imam Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, wrote:

In the above verse (3:61), according to what Jabir Ibn Abdillah al-Ansari (the great companion of the Prophet) said, the word "sons" refers to al-Hasan and al-Husain, the word "women" refers to Fatimah, and the word "our selves" refer to the Prophet and Ali. Thus Ali is referred as "the self" of the Prophet (Nafs of the Prophet).

Sunni Reference:

Tafseer al-Durr al-Manthoor by al-Hafidh Jalaluddin al-Suyuti, v2, p38

Sunni Imams, Muslim and al-Tirmidhi both confirm the above incident, and recorded the following tradition in their authentic collections of traditions:

Narrated Sahabi e Rasool (s), Sa'd Ibn Abi Waqqas:

...And when the verse 3:61 was revealed, the Prophet called Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan, and al-Husain. Then the Prophet said: "O Lord! These are my family members (Ahli)."

Sunni references:

1- Sahih Muslim, Chapter of virtues of companions, section of virtues of Ali, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v4, p1871, the end of tradition #32.

2- Sahih al-Tirmidhi, v5, p654

3- al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v3, p150, who said this tradition is authentic based on the criteria set by two Shaikhs, al-Bukhari and Muslim.

4- Dhakha'ir al-Uqba, by Muhibbuddin al-Tabari, p25

Some Sunni scholars have narrated that on the day of consultation for appointing the ruler after the death of Umar, Imam Ali (as) argued with the members of Shura reminding them his rights to the Caliphate, and one of his reasons was the incident of Mubahala:

On the day of consultation, Ali argued with the committee members saying: "I adjure you in the name of Allah, is there anyone amongst you closer in relationship to the Messenger of Allah than me? Is there any other man whom the Prophet made him 'his (own) soul' (Nafs), and that he made his children 'his (own) children', and his women 'his (own) women'?" They replied: "No, by God!"

Sunni reference:

1- al-Darqunti, as per:

2- al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p239

In another Sunni commentary of Quran, it is narrated on the authority of Abdullah Ibn Umar that:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "Had there been any soul on the whole earth better than Ali, Fatimah, al-Hasan and al-Husain, Allah would have commanded me to take them along with me to Mubahala. But as they were superior in dignity and respect to all human be beings, Allah confined His choice on them only for participation in Mubahala."

Sunni reference:

Tafsir al-Baidaawi, under the commentary of Verse 3:61

Edited by Taair-al-Quds

• Advanced Member

A number of Wahabi/Salafi/Nasibi constantly deceive the ordinary folk who dont even possess any books of hadith at home by claiming that:

"al-Tirmidhi says it is ghareeb and munkar"

whereas:

"al-Tirmidhi in his Sahih vol.2 p 214 verifies this hadith as reliable and good."

Likewise they make false claims that Al-Dhahabi called this Hadith false because this Hadith is not transmitted through only one chain of narration. Dhahabi or another scholar might find fault with, lets say one chain, but might authenticate another chain which gives the same hadith and this is why as quoted above as well:

"al-Dhahabi declares this hadith Sahih in his Tazkiratul Huffaz:"

الحاÙظ الذهبي المتوÙÙ‰ 748 ه†. صححه ÙÙŠ تذكرة الحÙاظ ج 4 / 28â€

Furthermore Sunni Scholar, Al-Shawkaani (d.1250 A.H) also declared this Hadith as Hasan.

In his anti-shia book "Ibtaal Nahj al-baatil", the Sunni Scholar, Fadl Allah Ibn Ruzbahan al-Khunji al-Shirazi al-Shafi`i (d. 924 AH), manuscript [i.O., Delhi Arabic MS. 792], this Hadith was confirmed as Sahih.

This book was written as a response to Kashf al-Haqq wa Nahj al-Sidq by Allamah al-Hilli (d. 726 AH), a famous Shi'a scholar. This response was itself fully refuted by another Shi'ah scholar Qadi Nur Allah Shustari (d. 1019 AH) in his Ihqaq al-Haqq (Tehran, 1273AH/1856-7CE).

Ibn Ruzbahan writes:

"With regards to what the author [i.e. al-Hilli] has mentioned pertaining to the knowledge of Amir al-Mu'minin, there is no doubt that he was one of the scholars of the ummah, and the people are dependent towards him for this, and how could it not be so? He was the executor (wasiyy) of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, in the communication of sciences and the wonderful truths of knowledge, so no one disputes this. And as to what has been mentioned from the Sahih of al-Tirmidhi, it is sahih.

It is interesting to note that Ibn Ruzbahan was responding to the following passage from Allamah al-Hilli's book:

"Nineteen: In the Musnad of Ahmad b. Hanbal and the Sahih of Muslim: 'There was not one Companion of the Messenger of God, peace and blessings upon him, who said "Ask me" except 'Ali b. Abi Talib'. The Messenger of God, peace and blessings upon him, said: 'I am the city of knowledge and 'Ali is its gate'.

If Ibn Ruzbahan believed that the hadith had been incorrectly attributed to al-Tirmidhi by Allamah al-Hilli, there is no doubt that he would have grasped the opportunity to score a polemical goal over his opponent by making this fact known. On the contrary he clearly acknowledges its presence in al-Tirmidhi's Sahih and even mentions his own opinion regarding the strength of the narration as being of the sahih category.

Similarly in his work "Al-Fawatih - Sharh Diwan `Ali", Sunni Scholar Kamal al-Din Husayn b. Mu`in al-Din al-Yazdi al-Maybudi (d. unknown), p. 3 verified the hadith of "city of knowldge" where he mentioned it on the authority of the Sahih of al-Tirmidhi with the words: 'I am the city of knowledge and 'Ali is its gate'.

Edited by Taair-al-Quds

• Advanced Member
secondly, once u say that the book in not 100% authentic then how can you be sure that this one is true or fabricated

you proved now that you are an ignorant :lol:

every hadith got its own chain of narration

so through the chain of narration you can recognize the correct hadith

a Shia I believe????

yes a Shia

our hadith books are revised by our scholars & we know which is correct or false hadith

think Quran is the Word of Allah and Ali Karam Allah wajhu is one Great Interpretator of Quran

but their can be others

every one had a knowledge

but who was the most knowledgeable ?

i think that will end our argument :)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Ya Allah Madad.

part 1 of the reply Taair-al-Quds

EEman wrote:

"Taair-al-Quds I hav not heard their names before

if u want to impress than quote from the Most Known Islamic Scholars and we will see"

I have not heard your name either and yet im replying to you even though you are not even an unknown scholar. Before you come for a debate on Hadith analysis, you are recommended to take at least one month of rigorous training to know the names of all famous Sunni scholars (i quoted) and how they are viewed by sunni academias all over the world (be it wahabi or sunni institutes)

If you have not known the names of the dozens of famous sunni authorities/scholars/muhaddiths that i gave, then its a shame because the entire sunni academia have heard them and quote them as well in their arabic works. Just because you dont know anything does not mean anything. You could try to learn to know what you have not known as yet and refrain from making comments which would make any learned sunni scholar apalled by such a reply.

thanks a lot for replying i am indeed honoured

u know many things than can u tell me what these Islamic Scholars hav said about it

HAfiz Zahibi RA

Yaha bin Moheen RA

And Bukhari, Nauwawi and jazri

and ibn e Jozi RA

Khaaba? what is that?

Are you talking of the Qiblah?

That is Ka'abah not originating from the Arabic word "Mak'ab" (six faceted object) and not Khaaba . There is no such thing as "Khaaba". Did your list of allegedly most famous sunni scholars not teach you how to call the Qiblah?

the Word Qiblah means direction in arabic, didn't you know

and moreover i am here to learn i hope u will be a part of it

and what i meant to say u understood, right

Kahbaa or khana kahbaa or khabaa shareef are the names of The house of Allah in Masjid e Haram situated in Makkah Mukarmah in Saudi Arabia.

And Allah Knows the Best