Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Just thought I'd introduce myself

Rate this topic

hijabikel

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I have been a rare lurker on this forum and thought I'd start to frequent this place and get to know some of you.

So, Salam Alaykum to you all!

The basics - I'm a 29 year old Aussie female, living in Melbourne. I said Shahada about 3 years ago and have never been happier in myself.

As most of the reverts on here can probably relate to, you lose a lot of "friends" along this journey into Islam and I could use the social outlet on here. Hopefully we can all learn from each other and make a few new friends along the way. Insha'Allah!

hijabikel :)

• Advanced Member

Dear Sis,

Salaams

Do not feel lonely or alone ull meet lot of new muslim br and sis and mke new freinds.

By the way did u convert from christianity? I am br her ein newcastle and often talk with christian friends and would be nice to know how u came about to convert..

Salaams

Mehdi

(salam)

I have been a rare lurker on this forum and thought I'd start to frequent this place and get to know some of you.

So, Salam Alaykum to you all!

The basics - I'm a 29 year old Aussie female, living in Melbourne. I said Shahada about 3 years ago and have never been happier in myself.

As most of the reverts on here can probably relate to, you lose a lot of "friends" along this journey into Islam and I could use the social outlet on here. Hopefully we can all learn from each other and make a few new friends along the way. Insha'Allah!

hijabikel :)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Walaikumasalam sis, nice to see another Aussie revert around ^_^. Insha'Allah you benefit greatly and be benefitted from on shiachat. If you need anything at all, plz let us know. May Allah (swt) continue to bless you.

btw sis, if you have anything to contribute to this thread, plz do so>

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=92066

wasalaam

• Advanced Member

Awww... thank you all for the lovely welcome. :wub:

And for the record - I'm open to PM's if people want to get in touch with me that way!

Mashallah sis great job! If u ever need any help I would be more than happy to help u! :D

Thanks - I might hold you to that!

Dear Sis,

Salaams

Do not feel lonely or alone ull meet lot of new muslim br and sis and mke new freinds.

By the way did u convert from christianity? I am br her ein newcastle and often talk with christian friends and would be nice to know how u came about to convert..

Salaams

Mehdi

Salams Mehdi

Yep, I converted from Christianity.

The brief version is that I met a man through work who is Muslim. He seemed like a lovely man but he said he was Muslim. It was in 2001 and the Western world was upside down with 9/11. I really liked this man but, oh my gosh, he was the enemy wasn't he?? So I began to learn about Islam to prove to him how bad his religion was, and along the way found out it actually answered all the questions I had being Christian. As I learned more it became clear to me that Islam was the right path to travel down.

And that's the short version!

Salams

hijabikel

• Site Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Another Aussie revert :D Masha'Allah.

hmmm, interest in Islam sparked by 9/11. The other peaks of reversions include the Salman Rushdie fiasco and 1st Gulf war. Oh the irony.

Enjoy the great food on Lygon st ^_^

wassalam

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Another Aussie revert :D Masha'Allah.

hmmm, interest in Islam sparked by 9/11. The other peaks of reversions include the Salman Rushdie fiasco and 1st Gulf war. Oh the irony.

Enjoy the great food on Lygon st ^_^

wassalam

:) Masha'Allah indeed!

I never thought of my interest in Islam being sparked by 9/11 - rather, I thought that it was sparked by a man! But perhaps you are more right than I first thought :unsure:

Great food on Lygon Street - on Sydney Road.. and plenty in Dandenong (a little closer to home!).

Salams!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

May Allah lighten up your way towards him. (I wish there were genderless pronouns in English)

I saw another interesting 9/11 case, in CAIR's newsletter:

Tampa woman who lost eight relatives in the attacks converts to Islam as tensions simmer from the memories and new terror plots. But she presses on.

SHERRI DAY, St. Petersburg Times, 9/8/06

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/08/Tampabay..._friction.shtml [they shouldn't have put the second picture!]

Her mother named her Elizabeth after the queen of England. More than four decades later, she took another name: Safia Al-Kasaby, reflecting her new identity as a Muslima.

Safia, 43, is an unlikely candidate for conversion. She claims Jewish and Puerto Rican ancestry. She is a former sergeant first class in the Air Force National Guard. And she lost eight relatives - one uncle and seven cousins - in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

Back then, Safia did not imagine the faith professed by the hijackers would one day become her own.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
(salam)

May Allah lighten up your way towards him. (I wish there were genderless pronouns in English)

I saw another interesting 9/11 case, in CAIR's newsletter:

Tampa woman who lost eight relatives in the attacks converts to Islam as tensions simmer from the memories and new terror plots. But she presses on.

SHERRI DAY, St. Petersburg Times, 9/8/06

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/08/Tampabay..._friction.shtml [they shouldn't have put the second picture!]

Her mother named her Elizabeth after the queen of England. More than four decades later, she took another name: Safia Al-Kasaby, reflecting her new identity as a Muslima.

Safia, 43, is an unlikely candidate for conversion. She claims Jewish and Puerto Rican ancestry. She is a former sergeant first class in the Air Force National Guard. And she lost eight relatives - one uncle and seven cousins - in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

Back then, Safia did not imagine the faith professed by the hijackers would one day become her own.

(salam)

welcome :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :D :angel: B) ^_^

• Advanced Member
Welcome Aussi Sister, Inshallah you will find this place a very good place for knowledge and friends. :D

Thank you once again everybody. It is lovely to have such a nice welcome!

Since my Arabic language skills are almost non-existant, I may have to ask for a few interpretations - otherwise, all is going well so far!

(salam)

hijabikel