Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

In Judaism his name is Moshiach (Moshiakh). . .

Rate this topic

• Site Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

In Judaism Imam Mahdi (as) is known as Moshiach, the great leader who is supposed to re-establish the temple mount as the center of Great Israel win many battles for its people.

http://www.jewfaq.org/moshiach.htm

In Christianity the man to appear on a white horse is known as St Michael whilst others say it'll be Jesus himself.

http://www.tagnet.org/cyberspace/Lessons/F...1/fut1-031.html

In Islam He is Imam Mahdi (as) who will precede Jesus (as). Shias believe He is the 12th Imam and remains on earth, hidden, for hundreds of years. Sunnis say He will be born from a family who are descendants of Fatima (as) and named Mohammad.

http://www.al-islam.org/awaited/

What differences/similarities are there between the 3 monotheist religions in respect to prophecies about the coming Massiah? How do you see things playing out? Will Jews believe in Jesus of the Christians? Will Moshiach be the Anti-Christ (Dajjal)?

It's interesting when comparing the three.

ws

• Advanced Member

Thanks for sharing..learned quite a lot..

But as for the Jews accepting their Messiah, I dont think they have ever accepted anyone who didnt fit in some particular plans of theirs...eg they rejected Nabi Isa AS because among other things,he wasnt born to Rabbi parents etc..and Mohammad SAWW was prophecised to them which was among the reasons why so many Jews migrated to Medina but they didnt accept him coz he was Arab..

As for the antichrist( Dajjal) he will be an irreligious jew..(a creation of teh irrelegious jews) hence am not sure exactly how he fits into this particular prophecy..

Christians are waiting for a divine son of God..we all wait for Isa AS but not as a son of God..

All in all i think these predictions all show that the message of salvation during the end days by a spiritual leader is a universal message of differnt religions..Therefore showing that there must be some great truth in this message..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Different religions and nations, are awaiting the return of their saviours. When I read about the awaited saviours of other religions, I see that some share the same characteristics as Imam Mahdi (as), but it seems that many have made errors in recognising who he really is – That is because, they are adhering to the wrong religion.

I was reading an article that compares Messianic leaders, and I came across this:

It is remarkable that all the characteristics and signs mentioned for this universal saviour in other religions are applicable to the promised Mahdi, the son of Imam Hassan Al-Askari. It is possible to regard him as Iranian in race because among his ancestors is the mother of the fourth Imam Zain Al-Abadeen who, as the daughter of Yazdgard, the Sassanian king, was a Persian princess. He can also be considered among the children of Israel, since both the Hashimites and the Israelites are among the descendants of Abraham. The Hashimites are the descendants of Ismai'il (Ishmael) and the Israelites are the descendants of Ishaq (Isaac). Hence, the Hashimites and the Israelites are one family. He is also connected to Christians because, according to some traditions, the mother of the present Imam was a Byzantine princess by the name Narjis (Nargis), who is part of the miraculous story reported in some sources.

Usually religions restrict their saviour, to themselves, disregarding the people around them. Since Islam is a universal religion, addressing and uniting all mankind, Imam Mahdi will be the "Saviour of Humanity". Making him the ultimate source for salvation; through him, Allah (swt) will be known, and the true religion will be practiced.

• Advanced Member
Very Interesting

Is it a prefix 'mu' added to 'shia' and suffix 'ch'

mu - shia - ch

Probably from shia ----- JUST INVESTIGATING :angel:

(salam)

moshiach is a passive particible male singular of Mashach meaning "annointed one" refering to ancient practices of annointing rulers with oil.

In the OT it refers to Kings of Judea and once to Cyrus the Great

ws

• Advanced Member
Different religions and nations, are awaiting the return of their saviours. When I read about the awaited saviours of other religions, I see that some share the same characteristics as Imam Mahdi (as), but it seems that many have made errors in recognising who he really is – That is because, they are adhering to the wrong religion.

I was reading an article that compares Messianic leaders, and I came across this:

Usually religions restrict their saviour, to themselves, disregarding the people around them. Since Islam is a universal religion, addressing and uniting all mankind, Imam Mahdi will be the "Saviour of Humanity". Making him the ultimate source for salvation; through him, Allah (swt) will be known, and the true religion will be practiced.

Got a link to the article?

• Advanced Member
(salam)

moshiach is a passive particible male singular of Mashach meaning "annointed one" refering to ancient practices of annointing rulers with oil.

In the OT it refers to Kings of Judea and once to Cyrus the Great

ws

Thanks, sarajlici, for the info.

I was just joking --- but something good came out of it

At least I learned something.

I just googled this, and this is what I found

Moshiach: The Messiah ---- http://www.jewfaq.org/moshiach.htm

There are many but I found this interesting --- Others also say he will come when the world is submerged in sins and is in need of him.

Edited by Ali Fazel

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Some Jewish mystics did believe that the Messiah was already in existence, but was hidden by God until the right time comes. This idea is clearly linked to that of the Twelfth Imam, but it was only put forward by a few thinkers.

In general, the notion of occultation and return does exist in Jewish thought, and the prophet Elijah is said to have been taken up by God, and will return to save his people at some time in the future.