Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are you a syyed?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

^^^ why only Pakistanis??

(salam)

I guess there was some big thing about people paying to have themselves recognized as Seyyed, maybe they thought a black ammama would go better with more of thier outfits. Seriously, thats really sad, whats even more sad is that it has to get to the point where people treat some better just because of their (so called) lineage when a person with no known connection to the A'imma (as) may be a better 3abid and mukhlis to Allah (swt) and Ahlul Bayt (as) then someone walking around with neon lights flashing "Sayyid!, Sayyid!" As the saying goes we should all try to be Seyyad in our 3aa'mal (acts, dealings and 3eebadat).

Oh and yes, we are offically Mousawwi Sada (the whole family tree in Najaf and everything..) By the way...what does "purest form of Seyyed" mean exactly? One Infalliable better then another (3aa'zobillah)? Explanation needed for those who dont base thier life work on figuring out "who is purest" among Allahs(swt) naturally prone to sin and lacking creation, when we know the only human beings worthy of such a title are the ones Allah(swt) has declared purified thoroughly.

Edited by ShiaGrace
  • Advanced Member
Most of Pakistan's sayyids are fake.

(salam)

I guess there was some big thing about people paying to have themselves recognized as Seyyed, maybe they thought a black ammama would go better with more of thier outfits. Seriously, thats really sad, whats even more sad is that it has to get to the point where people treat some better just because of their (so called) lineage when a person with no known connection to the A'imma (as) may be a better 3abid and mukhlis to Allah (swt) and Ahlul Bayt (as) then someone walking around with neon lights flashing "Sayyid!, Sayyid!" As the saying goes we should all try to be Seyyad in our 3aa'mal (acts, dealings and 3eebadat).

Oh and yes, we are offically Mousawwi Sada (the whole family tree in Najaf and everything..) By the way...what does "purest form of Seyyed" mean exactly? One Infalliable better then another (3aa'zobillah)? Explanation needed for those who dont base thier life work on figuring out "who is purest" among Allahs(swt) naturally prone to sin and lacking creation, when we know the only human beings worthy of such a title are the ones Allah(swt) has declared purified thoroughly.

isnt that a big assumption to make? especialy when made without any basis?

i am not doubting that fake syed's exist, but proportionally speaking this occurs everywhere...so why are there so many more syed's from the sub-continent (pakistan & india) compared to everywhere else?

hasn't it ever occured to anyone that pakistan and india make up the largest population of shias on this whole planet?

there are more SHIAS in pakistan alone then there are PEOPLE (total population) in iraq & lebanon put together! Infact if you take the total shia population from every single arab-speaking nation in the world (saudi, yemen, bahrain, iraq, syria, kuwait, oman, egypt, lebanon and all the rest...etc etc) it would not even drop close to the total shia population of the subcontinent.

34million shias in pakistan (total population 170million)

31million shias in india (total population 1.1 billion)

61 million shias in iran (total population 68 million)

18 million shias in iraq (total population 28 million)

2.2 million shias in lebanon (total population 3.9million)

2.5 million shias in saudi (total population 26 million)

whats are the reasons for this? the simple fact is that the growth rate in Asia is vastly higher compared to any other parts of the world.

People in pakistan & india tend to have more children compared to countries outside asia, this is a well-known fact.

Bearing this in mind, the fact that as early as imam hussein (as), when he declared to his enemies in karbala to let him proceed to hind (now known as india & pakistan) because the people there would welcome him, shows how early it was in the mind of the prophets descendants to travel there.

Imam zain-ul-abidin(as) married a woman from hind in the province of sindh (in today's geographical area of south pakistan) who became the the mother of the great shaheed hazrat zaid ibn ali.

the imams had many many children between them & obviously even more grand children & great grand children. many of these seeked refuge from oppression inflicted on shias & especially syed's, in areas such as iraq.

When they migrated to environments such as the subcontinent, they are effected by the change in environment, especially their children who would have been born there & the commonality of large families would have been adopted.

The fact that that their are 12 times more mulsims in pakistan & india then their are in iraq is proof of this (considering islam was first spread to iraq before it was spread to the subcontinent), so how can you be suprised if there are more syed's in india or pakistan then compared to the arab world?

it is infact more logical to assume that there would be more shias & syed's in pakistan and india then the arab world...which is the case.

while the syed families in the subcintinent where living peacfully, porspering, increasing the size of the families by every generation, adopting the large growth rate......shia families in the arab world, especially iraq were being greatly oppressed, millions killed, practicing taqiyya, migrating etc.

the first muslims ever to set foot in the subcontonent (india & pakistan) were not sunni's, but actually syed shia families who where fleeing oppression..this fact is recorded and recognised by both shia & sunni.

i am not doubting fake syed's exist, i know they do, but i believe this trend is proportionally equal everywhere...so u should be careful when accusing most pakistani syeds of being fake with no basis or reasoning to your argument.

maybe its jealousy :P

anyway...ma fingers hurt

salaam

Edited by shiaXtremist
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Since "some people" doubt that pakistani syeds are not actually syed i decided it would be better if i posted my entire family tree.

Hammad bin waseem bin naseem amrohvi bin birjees amrohvi bin shameem amrohvi bin haider husaain yakta bin ahmad raza bin hakeem raza bin imam raza bin ali raza bin ahmad raza bin qazi syed mohammad fayaaz bin rehmat Allah bin asmat Allah bin syed mehmood bin haji ali mohammad ashraf danishmandaan bin syed mohammad saeed bin syed mohammad bin syed dawood bin khiar al deen bin ali al deen bin saif al deen thani bin abdul majeed bin syed hassan bin syed saif al deen awal bin dawood nazar bin nazr Allah bin zaid thani bin abdul aziz bin syed ibrahim bin syed mehmoom bin syed zaid bin abdullah zarbaksh bin syed yaqoob bin ahmed naqeeb al qum bin mohammad amarj bin syed ahmad bin abu jafar syed musa mabrqa (brother of imam ali naqi) bin imam mohhammad taqi bin imam ali raza bin imam musa al kazim bin imam jaffar assadiq bin imam mohammad al baqir bin imam zainul abideen bin imam hussain bin imam Ali (married to bibi fatima daughter of the prophet)

Allah hafiz

Ali

• Advanced Member
Bukhara Naqvi, the purest form of Syed.

fee amanillah,

Ibrahim

Tirmizi Jafri

Most of Pakistan's sayyids are fake.

why is that?

and u telling me the middle eastern syeds are real? their mentalities are that a syed lady can marry a non, which is common practise in the middle east, which leaves the middle eastern "syeds" questionable on whether being syed or not, the only arab ayatollah who is against this practise is Ayat. Syed Hassan Abtahi and hes one of the few i salute

Edited by Oranje
  • Advanced Member

Assalamun alaikum,

i'm the best most purest form of syed: one of heart! I may not have a blood connection but my faith is what matters to Allah, The Most High, not my blood.

The middle eastern syeds are more real than the ignorant pakistani or indian syeds of today. they know that faith is most important in determining spousal selection, not some idiotic blood junk. may Allah have mercy on the ignorant who only give their daughters to syeds.

-Syed Of Mind BabyBeaver

Edited by BabyBeaverIsAKit
  • Advanced Member
Assalamun alaikum,

i'm the best most purest form of syed: one of heart! I may not have a blood connection but my faith is what matters to Allah, The Most High, not my blood.

even wikipedia will disagree with you there

u r no type of syed

Edited by Oranje
  • Advanced Member

Coming from a Pakistani Seyyed who claims paternal descent from Imam Mohammad Taqi and maternal descent from Imam Zain-ul-Abideen.

Pakistan probably has a higher proportion of fake Seyyeds than the Middle East. Most would be Sunni Seyyeds who claim to be descendants of Imam Ali Naqi.

Edited by phknrocket1k