Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Need refrences

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I have two queries

1. how should i convince a person that he should not blindly follow what his/her parents tell, but should go and research the truth on their own. I need an ayah from Quran, which asks muslims to go and search for truth, and not to belive blindly.

Secondly, I want another refrence from Quran or Bukhari, stating that if for example a person goes and asks their parents to explain why their sect is right and others arent, and the parent replies back by saying do not ever question your belief. Is there any reference which directly negates the parent's behavior behavior?

I would be really grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks

• Advanced Member

(salam)

[2:170] And when it is said to them, Follow what Allah has revealed, they say: Nay! we follow what we found our fathers upon. What! and though their fathers had no sense at all, nor did they follow the right way.

[5:104] And when it is said to them, Come to what Allah has revealed and to the Messenger, they say: That on which we found our fathers is sufficient for us. What! even though their fathers knew nothing and did not follow the right way.

[33:67] And they shall say: O our Lord! surely we obeyed our leaders and our great men, so they led us astray from the path;

Allah [swt] has repeatedly told us to understand and follow the path of guidance and condemned blind following.

[39:18] Those who listen to the word, then follow the best of it; those are they whom Allah has guided, and those it is who are the men of understanding.

[2:44] What! do you enjoin men to be good and neglect your own souls while you read the Book; have you then no sense?

[2:242] Allah thus makes clear to you His communications that you may understand.

[2:269] He grants wisdom to whom He pleases, and whoever is granted wisdom, he indeed is given a great good and none but men of understanding mind.

[3:65] O followers of the Book! why do you dispute about Ibrahim, when the Taurat and the Injeel were not revealed till after him; do you not then understand?

Now, if the parents are telling the children to act against the commands of Allah [swt], then:

[29:8]We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did.

Wasalam.

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Wa 3laikassalaam

I have two queries

1. how should i convince a person that he should not blindly follow what his/her parents tell, but should go and research the truth on their own. I need an ayah from Quran, which asks muslims to go and search for truth, and not to belive blindly.

Secondly, I want another refrence from Quran or Bukhari, stating that if for example a person goes and asks their parents to explain why their sect is right and others arent, and the parent replies back by saying do not ever question your belief. Is there any reference which directly negates the parent's behavior behavior?

I would be really grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks

YUSUFALI: Verily Allah has cursed the Unbelievers and prepared for them a Blazing Fire,-

YUSUFALI: To dwell therein for ever: no protector will they find, nor helper.

YUSUFALI: The Day that their faces will be turned upside down in the Fire, they will say: "Woe to us! Would that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger!"

YUSUFALI: And they would say: "Our Lord! We obeyed our chiefs and our great ones, and they misled us as to the (right) Path.

YUSUFALI: "Our Lord! Give them double Penalty and curse them with a very great Curse!"

YUSUFALI: Just in the same way, whenever We sent a Warner before thee to any people, the wealthy ones among them said: "We found our fathers following a certain religion, and we will certainly follow in their footsteps."

YUSUFALI: He said: "What! Even if I brought you better guidance than that which ye found your fathers following?" They said: "For us, we deny that ye (prophets) are sent (on a mission at all)."

YUSUFALI: So We exacted retribution from them: now see what was the end of those who rejected (Truth)!

Assalaamun Alaikum