Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

I rahter go with a Intel Core Duo, simply because a LAPTOP is made to be LIGHT and not annyoing.

A Laptop is MADE from definition to not be heavy and not produce heat. And very quiet.

AMD is very GOOD! But hte only distraction is that, its too powerfull. IT consumes alot of HEAT, and much heavier than a normal intel dual core.

But seriously, all you could do on a laptop would be, either typing up documents, opening up photoshop, chatting, browsing. But your not going to do those HIGH TECH professional work which requires a fast computer. If you do need that and portable, you could custom build one in AMD or INTEL.

For instance, I have a Intel Mobility one. I installed Debian on it and its working fine. I can program decently on it. Type documents, and play old games. When I play modern games, I goto my desktop... Since thats what I customized it for. IF I want to store information, My Server does that.

I don't place all my life on a laptop. I love it to be light and least consumption of heat. and Intel is far better at those properties than AMD

• Advanced Member
i like amd 64 turion more, because 64 bit games looks brighter and more clear!

But, if your intension for that laptop is to play games and transportation is kept at a minimum, then yes... I would buy a AMD. But if the you are carrying it all the time or most of the time, then Intel is ideal.

Thats my 2 cents.

• Advanced Member
m0, can you explain why Intel Centrino and Intel Core 2 DUO beat AMD with large difference in PI test?

I never said its better. Let me ask you this, if you buy a laptop that you will use every other day. Which one would you buy?

• Advanced Member

^

m0, :D man. I am sorry I did not mean to say THAT. I am just confused with AMD's laptop processors. Why do they always score behind Intel's SOO MUCH in the Pi test. :(

That's a question for you not saying that AMD is bad or any thing! And if you ask me, I would go for the one with lowest Pi score. I wish AMD scored higher than Intel!