Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
DFC

SHOW ME YOUR BEARD!

Rate this topic

The thing about beards in Pakistan is, all the grown-ups keep regurgitating that you need to have a "modern" and "clean" face, and the minute they see a teenager/early 20's dude try to keep even a small beard, a nuclear warhead goes off "OMG WTH HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR FACE WHAT WILL THE PEOPLE SAY BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Jeez, so they want me to commit haraam by shaving just because I look "clean" in their eyes and those of others. And if I defy them, I'm instantly branded a Talibani. Sigh I hate my culture.

The thing about beards in Pakistan is, all the grown-ups keep regurgitating that you need to have a "modern" and "clean" face, and the minute they see a teenager/early 20's dude try to keep even a small beard, a nuclear warhead goes off "OMG WTH HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR FACE WHAT WILL THE PEOPLE SAY BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Jeez, so they want me to commit haraam by shaving just because I look "clean" in their eyes and those of others. And if I defy them, I'm instantly branded a Talibani. Sigh I hate my culture.

Well, funnily enough, I used to have a bit of a "big beard" and when I went to Pakistan for holidays, all my family members started calling me "Taliban, Taliban"! :P

But, then again, it was, relatively, a bit too big as compared to what is required. So, perhaps, they were right in doing so because I was, perhaps, a bit extreme in having a big one.

In fact, one of my cousins, when I first met him, thought I was a Salafi! :P

This is me on a good day:

beard+1.jpg

I thank God for giving me the tawfeeq to grow such a beauty.

You are horrible. Lol

Haha, I got one. I used to have this when I was 18. These days it's a bit more trimmed down.

Lol thank you! Someone who has enough guts to post a picture!

And where are you from?

Edited by 3laweyaZainabiya