Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Acting as a profession

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hi I would like to know that because many people of a conservative as well as a not so conservative mindset from both the sects i.e. Shia & Sunni dont agree or consider acting as a profession, so I would like to see the reason for their disagreement for it. And also to what extent do hose who approve of it include in their approval i..e type of film or themes etc.

• Advanced Member
Hi I would like to know that because many people of a conservative as well as a not so conservative mindset from both the sects i.e. Shia & Sunni dont agree or consider acting as a profession, so I would like to see the reason for their disagreement for it. And also to what extent do hose who approve of it include in their approval i..e type of film or themes etc.

(salam)

Not understanding your question.. mind rephrasing it a bit? :).. wassalaamun alaikum

• Advanced Member

:!!!: Well as far as answers for this queastion I have experienced from people are defending their view saying that in acting the actors have to tell a lie & preasent it in such a way that it appears true, so for them saying that he or she is a verry good actor actually means saying Mr or Ms so and so is a good liar. Actually I can take a veryy beningly respect to such an opinion but getteing to a deeper meaning after asessing the situation at least acting in films of religous or moral or social themes as well as art films is permissible as a sense of reality is not lost but reinstated further by them. :lol:

• Basic Members

Sometimes it is easier to understand and remember quranic stories when you see movies based on them like the one about Hadhrat Maryam (as) (Maryam al Muqaddas) so I think acting as a profession is okay provided the person is acting out an educational movie.