Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

which way to do i pray in california?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Sadly Hazrat, the Earth is a globe not the flat map you've posted. I've checked various calculations and they all point to North East being the most precise way. Here is one of them: http://www.islam.com/salat/salat.asp states the following:

Prayer Times for : Riverside, California Dated : Saturday, August 26, 2006

Longitude : 117 24'W Latitude : 33 57'N

Sun's angle of depression at fajr : 18 Deg

Direction of Qiblah : Angle of Qibla from North at Riverside, California in Clockwise direction :24.74°

Fajr Sun Rise Dzuhr Asr Maghrib Ishaa

4:49 6:17 12:52 17:32 19:26 20:55

(salam)

Sadly Hazrat, the Earth is a globe not the flat map you've posted. I've checked various calculations and they all point to North East being the most precise way. Here is one of them: http://www.islam.com/salat/salat.asp states the following:

OK so what you and your calculator is saying is that IF the map that i showed you is turned into a globe, California will go down and Makka will go up? :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

• Advanced Member
OK so what you and your calculator is saying is that IF the map that i showed you is turned into a globe, California will go down and Makka will go up? :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

yeah, your not funny.

here in portland its northeast, and like it was mentioned...its because the world is spherical.

i just wanted to make sure it was sitll northeast.

thanx

ALi

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Like you admitted on MSN dear sis...

(10:34:49 PM) Don't trust ANYONE..: hey i forgot the <beep>ing tilt of the earth vib

Edited by mabus
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

Just to correct you, and you can confirm this with your marja too if you don't believe me, it is North East from california. The reason being, and believe me I had a hard time getting my head round this too, but I have studied cartography at university, the map you have is known as a stephensen projection. The earth is a globe and any flat map distorts the proportions of the earth. Now in reality you can't travel in a straight line to reach a place, you travel in an arc around the earth, hence when an aeroplane flies from London to Canada it passes over greenland.

(salam)

Just to correct you, and you can confirm this with your marja too if you don't believe me, it is North East from california. The reason being, and believe me I had a hard time getting my head round this too, but I have studied cartography at university, the map you have is known as a stephensen projection. The earth is a globe and any flat map distorts the proportions of the earth. Now in reality you can't travel in a straight line to reach a place, you travel in an arc around the earth, hence when an aeroplane flies from London to Canada it passes over greenland.

assez de vos commentaires dédaigneux, asif ali, veuillez pas patronise je !

¡bastantes de tus comentarios arrogantes, asif ali, no por favor patronise yo!

genug deiner arroganten Anmerkungen, asif Ali, bitte nicht patronise ich!

ßÝÇäÇ Çä ãÊÛØÑÓ Úáí ÊÚáíÞÇÊ ÇáÓíäÇÊæÑ ÝÇáÑÌÇÁ ÚÏã ÈÇÊÑæäíÓí áí! :Hijabi: