Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
scorpio_pk

Niyaz

Rate this topic

AsSalaam o Alaikum Shia brothers and sisters

1)Can anyone plz plz tell me the reason why we(shia) do the niyaz of Imam Jafar e Sadiq on 22 Rajab? what is the history behind this? who had started these niyazen because according to sunni people this is BIDAAT, they give the reason that whatever our Holy Prophet did'nt do in His life and is not written in Holy Quran is definitely a Biddat.

Can anyone explain this to me .

2) Who had written the KALMA for shias? I mean to say who added "Ali an wali ullah wasi e Rasool Allah wa khalifatahu bila fasal" after " La ilaha illallah Mohammadur RasoolAllah".

Who gave the permission to add these lines in Muslims Kalma because according to Sunni people this shia Kalma was'nt there in presence of our Holy Prophet.

Can anyone plz clear my doubts regarding these matters.

Thanks in advance. :)

Mrs. Abbas

1)Can anyone plz plz tell me the reason why we(shia) do the niyaz of Imam Jafar e Sadiq on 22 Rajab? what is the history behind this? who had started these niyazen because according to sunni people this is BIDAAT, they give the reason that whatever our Holy Prophet did'nt do in His life and is not written in Holy Quran is definitely a Biddat.

2) Who had written the KALMA for shias? I mean to say who added "Ali an wali ullah wasi e Rasool Allah wa khalifatahu bila fasal" after " La ilaha illallah Mohammadur RasoolAllah".

Who gave the permission to add these lines in Muslims Kalma because according to Sunni people this shia Kalma was'nt there in presence of our Holy Prophet.

Mrs. Abbas

Your question 2 has been answered many times, I'm sure if you do a search you will find some great answers to it.

Mrs. Abbas

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm not sure about your first question but as for #2,

I believe it was Salman Farsi (ra) who used to recite "Ali un Vali Allah" after "Ash-hadu anna Mohammadar Rasool Allah" in the presence of the prophet (saw) and He (saw) made no objection to it. Rather, he encouraged it. I'm sorry I can't provide the source for this right now but give me some time and Inshallah I will be able to find it for you.

Here's the full hadiths along with the source.

There is a Hadeeth regarding the recitation of ?Ali un-Wali Allah? in Adhan even during the lifetime of the Holy Prophet (s), which has been reported by Grand Sunni scholar Abdullah Maraghi Misri in his book al-Salafa fi amr il-khilafa that Hadhrath Salman e Farsi (r.a) used to declare the Wilayat of Ali in Adhan and Iqamat after pledging the Prophethood of Muhammad (s), a man heard him saying that and reported it to the Holy Prophet (s) on which the Prophet (s) replied:

”You have heard the good and virtuous.”

In the very same book it is stated that a man came to the Holy Prophet (s) and reported that Hadhrath Abu Dharr e Ghafari (r.a) declares the Wilayat of Ali after pledging his Prophethood, on hearing this Holy Prophet (s) said:

”You have heard the truth from Abu Dharr. Have you forgotten that I had said on the day of Ghadir e Khum that Ali is the lord him everyone whose lord am I.”

References:

Al-Sideen bayn al-Masail wal Mujeeb, volume 1, page 16, published in Kuwait.

Kitab al-Fiqh, volume 3, page 25-26, published in Iran.

Edited by S.H.Rizvi

(bismillah)

(salam)

Regards your first question, this niyaaz is peculiar to the ithna-asheri of the Indian sub-continent only as far as I know and known as "kundai".

An alim recently stated that it was commenced after mass migration of shiah from the Arabian Peninsula to that part of the world to 'commemorate' the death of Muawiyah.

Plenty of sunnis do participate in this niyaaz (without really knowing what it's history) but that's the mainstream ones, not the wahabbi/salafi literalists.

Allah (swt) knows best.

Allah Hafiz

ALI

Well first of all wats the problem in doing Niyaaz..

Secondly i think it all started when a poor women saw in a dream that if they made something out of white flour(MAIDA IN URDU) and distribute it their rightful desires will be fullfilled and this is why kheer puri is kept on this day at various places in the sub continent as the puri or the kheer is made from white flour(I think).. There r many books which narrate this story in detail.. i read this from a urdu book called "14 MOJIZAA"

wsalaam

Secondly i think it all started when a poor women saw in a dream that if they made something out of white flour(MAIDA IN URDU) and distribute it their rightful desires will be fullfilled and this is why kheer puri is kept on this day at various places in the sub continent as the puri or the kheer is made from white flour(I think).. There r many books which narrate this story in detail.. i read this from a urdu book called "14 MOJIZAA"

wsalaam

(bismillah)

(salam)

Yes Brother I know about the story which is written in 14 MOJIZA as I am a shia by belief but my question was that, is this the part of our shia religion which should be done according to the orders of our Holy Prophet (pbuh) and our Imams (as) ? And are we doing this nazar niyaz with their permission ? or is this only the cultural belief?

wsalaam

The problem is people attach a great deal of religious signifiance to this ritual whose roots are cultural not religious.

Mrs. Abbas

Some observations:

1) Nazar should be only for Allah (swt). i.e. Fee-Sabilillah.

2) Kalma is not a religious ruling per say. It only means statement.

All three Kalmas, are valid (God is One, Muhammad is Messenger, Ali is Wali)

The first declares one a monotheist, second a muslim monotheist, third a shia muslim monotheist.

Hope it helps. W/s.

Nazr (or Nadhr) is not a concept only found in Indian-Pakistani cultures, you will also find it in Arab & Persian cultures -- and there are actual rulings (in Reslahs) on it.

The concept of Koonday originates from a Hadith of Imam Jafar as Sadiq (as) in which he tells his followers to place sweets on a clay bowl (koonday in Urdu) as a form of Nadhr and make me your Waseela. And if what you wish does not come true, on the day of judgement come to me and complain.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar