Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Fiasco

Lebanese rejecting Hezbollah aid?

Rate this topic

It's not a rumor. Try getting around. The news stories are popping up all over the place.

Oh really? Cite one credible news source then. If they are "popping up all over the place" then you surely must be able to cite one. Just one.

It was a no brainer this would be a subject that had to be addressed. It doesn't do any good to sweep it under the rug doncha think?

I know you sit with baited breath for my next post.

:P

Been busy dealing with my dad's cancer so I'll be a rare "treat" for awhile.

I'm very sorry. May God help you through your difficult time and help your father through his illness.

I will remember you in my dua.

So you aren't for liberation or democracy like your bud is huh.

ahhh

The primary goals of the original activists were the withdrawal of Syrian troops from Lebanon, the establishment of an international commission to investigate the assassination of Prime Minister Hariri, the resignation of security officials, and the organization of free parliamentary elections. The demonstrators requested the end of the Syrian influence in Lebanese politics. During the period of the first wave of demonstrations, Syria had been maintaining a force of roughly 14,000 soldiers and intelligence agents in Lebanon.[1] Following the demonstrations, the Syrian troops completely withdrew from Lebanon on April 27, 2005. The Pro-Syrian government was also disbanded, accomplishing the main goal of the revolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Revolution

They forgot to mention boosh or fox! the dolts...

Define a credible news source so I don't end up playing that goose chase game of posting it, then you poopooing it AFTER you read the contents and it doesn't align itself to your wishes.

For this instance a credible news source would most preferrably be:

1 - A prominant, liscenced local Lebanese media agency that is reporting on its own indegenous events in its own country.

2 - If not, then a liscenced and prominant Arab media agancy with actual reporters on the ground in Lebanon.

3 - If not, then a neutral and authentic foriegn reporter on the ground in Lebanon reporting on what he/she finds to an atleast partially neutral news agency, who has at his/her disposal a translator.

Things like video clips and audio tapes depicting Lebanese people expressing their things first hand would add authenticity as well. In addition, the report should be neutral and not sectarian from the Lebanese demographical perspective.

You can dig up all the phoney polls and whacko anti-peace journalists you want.

Actually I have seen both figures from the article which quotes the figures and the actual figures done by the research center.

On the other hand you have....

Oh yeah, you have nothing :)

And Lahoud is quoting the figures too. :lol:

There's no help for someone who embraces only the statistics they wish too. And less hope for anyone who thinks lahoud thinks outside Iran's and Syria's box. He's a puppet. Everyone knows that. Not everyone admits it.

Get off your duff, go read all the facts, all the news articles, especially those you don't want to believe, then get back to me sparky.

So you aren't for liberation or democracy like your bud is huh.

On the contratry, Shi'as in Lebanon have been the loudest voice for democracy in Lebanon, and infact, it is the US government, working along with the French, who have been the greatest force against democracy in Lebanon, and in trying to force unfair election laws that ensure Shi'as are underrepresented.

Shi'as in Lebanon have the most to gain from free and fair elections, given the fact that they are the largest and fastest growing sect in Lebanon by far. We all remember what the Americans did in Lebanon during the elections, and how the whole country saw the American hypocrites want to force Lebanese elections to take place under biased and bigoted election laws in Lebanon, and at the same time try to prevent elections from taking place next door in Palestine.

As for liberation, the Shi'as in Lebanon are the liberators, the defenders of Lebanese sovereignty, liberty, and freedom. No one has sacrificed more for Lebanese freedom, and everyone in Lebanon recognises and admits this, weather they are opposed to Hezbollah politically or not. Even the war criminal, Samir Jaajaa, has admitted to this.

As a matter of fact, here is a litte information for you. The Sunnis, Maronites, and Druze in Lebanon are AGAINST free, fair, and representative elections because they know very well that this will take them out of power and put the Shi'as in power. They would much rather keep control over their respective areas and leave Hezbollah to the Shi'a areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Revolution

They forgot to mention boosh or fox! the dolts...

Look up who coined the term "cedar revolution."

There's no help for someone who embraces only the statistics they wish too. And less hope for anyone who thinks lahoud thinks outside Iran's and Syria's box. He's a puppet. Everyone knows that. Not everyone admits it.

Get off your duff, go read all the facts, all the news articles, especially those you don't want to believe, then get back to me sparky.

Your claim that Lahoud is a puppet is infact irrelevant. Sanyura is a puppet as well. What's your point?

As for all the facts, the news articles, the statistics, the news analysis, well they are all basically saying the same thing weather it is Lebanese news or Arab news or even Zionist news. Hezbollah are more popular and respected today than they have ever been, and they have destroyed the US's entire plan for the "birth pangs" of a new Middle East.

I remember Bush's speech when he made his "Hezbollah lost" comments. He was visibly ticked off, and even neocon commentators in the US LAUGHED at Bush's comments, especially the way he made them.

When it gets to the point where CNN and FOX, which are worse than even the Zionist media, are saying that Hezbollah has essentially scored a strategic voctory and are now more popular than ever. Even Mofaz himself said "We should admit that Hezbollah have won this war."

So that leaves only one question. Where are all these facts and news articles that you have been reading? And who writes them?

Edited by Learned

Learned, I agree with almost everything you said on this thread, except this comment.

The longer Americans stay in the dark about the Midde East the better.

I realize that our friend, the infidel from Kansas, makes ignorant comments, and as such, they are sort of self-refuting, but I think it would be good if more Americans learned something about the region.

By the way, there were some Shi'a leaders who collaborated with the Israelis - namely Kamal Asa'ad, the former speaker of the Lebanese Parliament.

Of course, he had been elected before the 1975 civil war, and before the 1978-79 Islamic revolution in Iran had raised the political conscienousness of the Shi'a population in Lebanon, as well as before the Zionist invasion. (The Lebanese parliament had continuously extended their own terms of office, following the 1975 war and so his position did not in really reflect the attitudes of the Shi'a population at the time.) But in 1982, he had convened the Lebanese parliament to elect Bashir Gemayel to the presidency (even though he was working hand in glove with the Israeli invaders at the time).

regards to all,

Greg

I remember Bush's speech when he made his "Hezbollah lost" comments. He was visibly ticked off, and even neocon commentators in the US LAUGHED at Bush's comments, especially the way he made them.

That was a very funny speech. :dry:

Edited by Greg Potemkin

namely Kamal Asa'ad, the former speaker of the Lebanese Parliament.

Yes, he is a blot on the collective consciousness of the shia of lebanon. He was a sell out of gigantic proportions, he sold the shia of lebanon for his personal gain. This is a person who once asked by his constituents to build more schools in south lebanon so that their kids can get a proper education, he responded along the lines that his son was getting educated and that should be sufficient for the community. He was what you would call an appointed represntative that was not represntative - it took a civil war to get rid of his like, without the civil war his appointment or other sell-outs of his calibre would have continued to be appointed and imposed on the shia community in lebanon.

Give me solid proof where shia's welcomed Israel.

So Tell me which group of shiaas every welcomed Israel to Lebanon.

And Hezbollah was formed in 1982, with who? With Israelies?

Tell me. With solid facts, not the wrongfully accused mouth that you own.

thanks a lot. now those who payed blood, souls and futur 4 fighting the israelis r condemned that they welcomed the israelis..i hope that imam mahdi(3s) appear soon coz everyday passing people r becoming more n more evil, may Allah(SWT) forgive us all, peace..

You can dig up all the phoney polls and whacko anti-peace journalists you want. The people of Lebanon trump it all.

The arrogance that is hezbollah is rejected. The salafi concept of forcing people to like you at the point of a gun is bankrupt.

Infidels rule the world and created the internet you rant on. Embrace reality.

Yes because shia hezbullah embrace the salafi concepts of Islam wholeheartedly. :huh:

Hezbollah has few fans among bitter Christians

Hezbollah is dispensing up to $US12,000 ($16,000) to people who have lost property in the war, but Mr Hasrouni says he will not accept it. "We don't want to be indebted to Hezbollah," he said.

Residents who fled the town during the war returned to find bloodstains on their couches, or dirty handtowels where Hezbollah fighters had used their toilets, Mr Hasrouni said, adding that although many locals did not support this war, they could not stop it. Three years ago Hezbollah seized his olive groves for military purposes. He could do nothing.

"I do not like Hezbollah," said Mr Hasrouni, who still is afraid to visit his groves.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/hezbollah...6012541229.html

Many Lebanese fear next conflict will be with Hezbollah

In Lebanon's latest war-ravaged landscape, age-old tensions that were never properly addressed are more raw and public than ever. Many Christians grumble aloud that Israel should have "finished the job." Sunni Muslims are caught between satisfaction at seeing Israel taken down a notch and the terror of being sidelined by Hezbollah, an Iranian-bankrolled Shiite Muslim force. Shiites, who form the backbone of Hezbollah's support base, were the conflict's biggest victims, losing relatives, homes and jobs.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/15327738.htm

Lebanese ponder post-war life with Hizbollah

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Sharbel Mansour, a Christian in a Christian district of Beirut, sees a convoy of cars pass by, yellow Hizbollah flags waving in celebration of the Shi'ite Muslim guerrilla group's declaration of victory over Israel.

He says he feels enraged and worried.

Enraged because in Lebanon, a country still scarred by the sectarian civil war of 1975 to 1990, crossing another community's neighborhood for a political statement is a provocation.

And worried alongside many Christians, Sunni Muslims and Druze Lebanese who think Hizbollah gained strength in withstanding 34 days of Israeli attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060822/wl_nm/...ebanon_fears_dc

Lebanese Christians " A Plague On Both Your Houses "

Many Lebanese Christians, Sunni Muslims and Druze have criticised Hizbollah for touching off the war by capturing two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid on July 12.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=20205

Despite war toll, some Lebanese Christians support Israel's goals

"I'm praying for flattening southern Lebanon," one Beirut native, Micheline Touma, told JTA recently after fleeing Lebanon for the United States about two weeks after the fighting began.

Support for Hizbullah is weakest among Christians, many of whom battled Lebanon's Shi'ites in the country's civil war that lasted from 1975 to 1990. Concentrated in Beirut and around Mount Lebanon, the 1.5 million Christians in Lebanon make up 35 to 40 percent of the country's population.

"It was Hizbullah's mistake, and they deserve to pay for it," Touma said of Hizbullah's July 12 attack on an Israeli military patrol, which sparked the current war. "I wish the Israelis could destroy them all - get them out of the planet."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...ticle%2FPrinter

etc....

For this instance a credible news source would most preferrably be:

1 - A prominant, liscenced local Lebanese media agency that is reporting on its own indegenous events in its own country.

2 - If not, then a liscenced and prominant Arab media agancy with actual reporters on the ground in Lebanon.

3 - If not, then a neutral and authentic foriegn reporter on the ground in Lebanon reporting on what he/she finds to an atleast partially neutral news agency, who has at his/her disposal a translator.

Things like video clips and audio tapes depicting Lebanese people expressing their things first hand would add authenticity as well. In addition, the report should be neutral and not sectarian from the Lebanese demographical perspective.

I agree with the exception #2. See #3 for why.

When two people make a bet, they hand off the money to a neutral party, not one of their buddies. Guess why?

Unless you have several thousand anecdotal accounts, you are barking up the wrong tree. A couple of polls were conducted finding more than 80% support for Hezbollah. Accross sectarian divides. The Druze (5% of the population) were the least supportive, followed by the Christians (30% of the population), then the Sunnis (20% of the population) and finally the Shias (45% of the population). Angryarab gave a summary and the poll was published by prominent Lebanese newspapers.

Original source (in English), roll down for summary table.

Edited by Muhammad Al-Haider

Good job infidel.

You have figured out that the LF and Phalange and Junblatt's goons aren't fond of Hezbollah, which has been pointed out millions of times and no one is denying. These are the same factions that committed the worst massacres and war crimes during the civil war. By the way, all of them put together barely make 15% of the population.

Needless to say, you did not provide a source for the topic at hand. I asked you for just 1, and you could not even provide one.

Edited by Learned

Good job infidel.

You have figured out that the LF and Phalange and Junblatt's goons aren't fond of Hezbollah, which has been pointed out millions of times and no one is denying. These are the same factions that committed the worst massacres and war crimes during the civil war. By the way, all of them put together barely make 15% of the population.

Needless to say, you did not provide a source for the topic at hand. I asked you for just 1, and you could not even provide one.

actually many sources had shown that numerous lebanese responsibles were in contact with israeli responsibles to organize this war and of course they will be from the above politicals...

actually many sources had shown that numerous lebanese responsibles were in contact with israeli responsibles to organize this war and of course they will be from the above politicals...

Yes, I know and they all come from certian groups and factions. Names, incidents, and video tapes have surfaced. During the civil war they claimed circumstances may have been different and that they changed and they were forgiven. They have shown their true colors yet again and this time, there will be no leniancy.

Their political careers are over, and there will be trials and convictions. Some of them never deserved to be released from jail in the first place.

(salam)

Thanks to bro learned and also bro Greg and others

for enlightening words on the history of libanon.

I pray Allah all fitna orchestrated from evil bush and

warmongers and sionist invaders will soon die out and

people of libanon and middle east live peacefully together

inshallah.Devide and conquer is the evils slogan and for this

people of all fates and real fair minded should unite againts

this evil hegemony.

jazakumallah alkheir

vassalam

I ain't condemning anything. I'm speaking the truth. Shias welcomed the Israelis in 1982. I'm not saying Shias are evil. The truth hurts sometimes my dear.

My grandmother told me that when the israelis were entering Lebanon in 1982 her mother boiled oil in a pot and poured it on a group of soldiers walking under her apartment block.

Stop saying all the Shia's welcomed the Israelis. I didnt, My father didnt, My grandfather didnt and My uncle to this day is fighting against them.

As Learned and the others are saying stop throwing everyone in the same pot just because of some ignorant few. Thats like saying all the Egyptians and Israelis are in bed togethor in Sharm elSheikh, because the presidents of those 2 countries are.

hmm why does bush embrace him then? he seems to think lahoud is his puppet.

on that point i don't know whose more stupid, bush or the nation that elected him :lol:

both seem to be the joke of the wordl.

My grandmother told me that when the israelis were entering Lebanon in 1982 her mother boiled oil in a pot and poured it on a group of soldiers walking under her apartment block.

Stop saying all the Shia's welcomed the Israelis. I didnt, My father didnt, My grandfather didnt and My uncle to this day is fighting against them.

Please don't disrespect your grandmother, the israeli soldiers aren't even worth shayateen's time and effort.

Hezbollah has few fans among bitter Christians

Hezbollah is dispensing up to $US12,000 ($16,000) to people who have lost property in the war, but Mr Hasrouni says he will not accept it. "We don't want to be indebted to Hezbollah," he said.

Residents who fled the town during the war returned to find bloodstains on their couches, or dirty handtowels where Hezbollah fighters had used their toilets, Mr Hasrouni said, adding that although many locals did not support this war, they could not stop it. Three years ago Hezbollah seized his olive groves for military purposes. He could do nothing.

"I do not like Hezbollah," said Mr Hasrouni, who still is afraid to visit his groves.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/hezbollah...6012541229.html

Many Lebanese fear next conflict will be with Hezbollah

In Lebanon's latest war-ravaged landscape, age-old tensions that were never properly addressed are more raw and public than ever. Many Christians grumble aloud that Israel should have "finished the job." Sunni Muslims are caught between satisfaction at seeing Israel taken down a notch and the terror of being sidelined by Hezbollah, an Iranian-bankrolled Shiite Muslim force. Shiites, who form the backbone of Hezbollah's support base, were the conflict's biggest victims, losing relatives, homes and jobs.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/15327738.htm

Lebanese ponder post-war life with Hizbollah

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Sharbel Mansour, a Christian in a Christian district of Beirut, sees a convoy of cars pass by, yellow Hizbollah flags waving in celebration of the Shi'ite Muslim guerrilla group's declaration of victory over Israel.

He says he feels enraged and worried.

Enraged because in Lebanon, a country still scarred by the sectarian civil war of 1975 to 1990, crossing another community's neighborhood for a political statement is a provocation.

And worried alongside many Christians, Sunni Muslims and Druze Lebanese who think Hizbollah gained strength in withstanding 34 days of Israeli attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060822/wl_nm/...ebanon_fears_dc

Lebanese Christians " A Plague On Both Your Houses "

Many Lebanese Christians, Sunni Muslims and Druze have criticised Hizbollah for touching off the war by capturing two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid on July 12.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=20205

Despite war toll, some Lebanese Christians support Israel's goals

"I'm praying for flattening southern Lebanon," one Beirut native, Micheline Touma, told JTA recently after fleeing Lebanon for the United States about two weeks after the fighting began.

Support for Hizbullah is weakest among Christians, many of whom battled Lebanon's Shi'ites in the country's civil war that lasted from 1975 to 1990. Concentrated in Beirut and around Mount Lebanon, the 1.5 million Christians in Lebanon make up 35 to 40 percent of the country's population.

"It was Hizbullah's mistake, and they deserve to pay for it," Touma said of Hizbullah's July 12 attack on an Israeli military patrol, which sparked the current war. "I wish the Israelis could destroy them all - get them out of the planet."

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...ticle%2FPrinter

etc....

None os those are reliable sources so thereore there still isn't any evidence of people rejecting aid. One or two people doesn't constitute any significant amount. At any rate I doubt there are many Christians in the Hizbullah areas, and those that are there will probabl accept their aid.

as for 35% to 40% Christian population?! It hasn'r been that high for at least a hundred years! Most official estimates placed it at max 30% a few decades ago, and everyone agrees it has declinded since then.

You people keep trying :!!!:

Please don't disrespect your grandmother, the israeli soldiers aren't even worth shayateen's time and effort.

Could you please explain. I am not understanding you correctly. Who are the shayateen here?

Yes, I know and they all come from certian groups and factions. Names, incidents, and video tapes have surfaced. During the civil war they claimed circumstances may have been different and that they changed and they were forgiven. They have shown their true colors yet again and this time, there will be no leniancy.

Their political careers are over, and there will be trials and convictions. Some of them never deserved to be released from jail in the first place.

to be released?? those who've been released from jail r the most criminals who killed muslims and muslim leaders in lebanon..

and trust me if we had a good country and a good leb goverment 3/4 of "14 march" must be in jail under the accusation of the great trailor 4 lebanon (interacting with israeli forces)

but this will be in our dreams. also it will be their dream to disarm hezbollah.

peace..