Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

10 Reasons Why Hassan Nasrallah is Great

Rate this topic

ZAHRA ALI

• Basic Members

10 Reasons Why Hassan Nasrallah is Great

1. Nasrallah is great because under his leadership, Hezbollah became what it is today. Under his leadership Hezbollah became the strong political, social, and military power it is. Under his leadership, Israel was defeated and under his leadership Israel will be defeated again. This man has a goal, a vision, and a strategy. He has the ability to communicate, to mobilize, to motivate, to manage, to execute, and to deliver. This man is a great leader in every sense of the word.

2. Nasrallah is great because he has commanded the respect of everyone, even his most avid enemies. Let’s take the Arab leaders, for example. You only need to watch a press conference or a television interview with an Arab leader or foreign minister to notice how careful they are not to mention his name. They do so out of respect. They do so to avoid saying anything stupid or inappropriate against someone so honorable, so honest, and so brave… someone which the mere mention of his name evokes powerful feelings in the heart of every Arab and Muslim. Even Lebanese politicians who fundamentally disagree with his approach cannot but mention him with praise and admiration. Such is the greatness of Nasrallah.

3. Nasrallah is great because he is a man of sacrifice. This man gave his son to the resistance and lost him when Israeli forces killed him in South Lebanon. This man is more than ready to give his soul for his country. In fact, he is well aware that he could be dead any moment. So, when Hassan Nasrallah talks about resistance, about victory, about freeing Lebanon… it’s not just heroic slogans and empty talk... he means every single word he says and have acted, acts, and will continue to act upon what he says until the last breath in his life.

4. Nasrallah is great because he mastered the art of speech and reinvented eloquence. You only need to watch the expression in the faces of Arabs and Muslims who listen to or watch Nasrallah’s speeches to realize the poignancy of his words and the affect they have on their hearts and minds. People eagerly wait to hear from him and they rejoice when they hear the news of a soon-to-be aired speech by him. People smile, cry, hold their breath, applaud, ponder, and dream when they listen to his speeches. You should see the expression on the faces of Aljazeera anchors who comment on his speeches right after the broadcast. Their countenance of affection and admiration cannot be concealed. What is particularly great is that most of what Nasrallah says is improvised. He speaks his mind but the words come deep from the heart. This is one powerful statement he has said: “You are fighting the children of Muhammad, of Ali, of al-Hasan, of al-Husayn, of the Prophet’s family, the Prophet’s Companions. You are fighting a people who have faith such as no one else on the face of the earth possesses. And you have chosen open warfare with a people who take pride in their history, their civilization, and their culture, and who also possess material power, ability, expertise, knowledge, calm, imagination, determination, steadfastness, and courage”. Golden words from a great man.

5. Nasrallah is great because he has a keen sense of humor and maintains it even in the toughest of times. Nasrallah’s speeches are never void of witty or sarcastic remarks, which is quite amazing given the severity of the war and his own personal circumstances. In his second TV appearance since the war started, for example, he smiled when commenting about trimming his beard to improve his appearance and dispel any notion of him being weak and undermined. His humor, needless to say, is not indifference to what’s happening (as Israel might want to publicize) but a beautiful reflection of his lively spirit and unshakeable faith.

6. Nasrallahs is great because despite the tactless comments some Arab leaders, politicians, journalists, and even religious figures have directly or indirectly said against Hezbollah; he, as the figurehead of the organization, never lost his candor nor his diplomacy in addressing their reaction and defeatist attitude. Although some of their words must have been offending and painful to hear, Nasrallah never countered them with equal offense, instead, he simply warned the people to not take heed in what they say. He kept saying that Hezbollah does not need or want any support from the Arab leaders (or anyone else); it only wants them to, at the very least, be unbiased about the issue rather than collude with Israel! (Yes, Israel said and Qatar’s foreign minister verified that there are some Arab leaders who contact Israel and offer them their support!)

7. Nasrallah is great because he is charismatic without being dogmatic: Nasrallah’s charm and charisma is partly why the entire Arab and Muslim worlds are glued into the TV whenever he gives a speech or an interview. It is partly why Arabs and Muslims, regardless of their sect, religion, and political affiliation carry his pictures and chant his name in street demonstrations. Nasrallah is perhaps the most charismatic political leader in the 21st century. No current leader has had his pictures carried in so many different cities across the world from Caracas to Cairo to Jakarata. And, in the Muslim world, no religious leader has been able to bridge the sectarian divide as effectively as he did. Despite all this popularity and the power he has as a political figure in Lebanon and despite the legendary status he has achieved across the Arab World, Nasrallah has never shown any sign of a domineering or a confrontational attitude. He has always emphasized his desire to peacefully and cooperatively deal and communicate with other politicians and to reach a consensus that will first and foremost benefit the Lebanese people and the Lebanese State.

8. Nasrallah is great because he has an outstanding ability to understand the psychology of all the people listening to and are affected by his speeches, everyone from the Lebanese people, the Lebanese politicians, the Lebanese opposition, the Israeli people, the Israeli leaders, the Israeli soldiers, the Arab people, the Arab leaders, and even the wives of Arab leaders! The following quote is one only one statement that reflects Nasrallah's profound understanding of what underlies behind ongoing events and inside people’s hearts and minds. He says: “I know that if you examine the hearts of all people in the Arab and Muslim nations, they are with us…. and if they have the chance to show genuine emotions, they would do so. I have no doubt about this. I am even certain that some sons, daughters, and wives of some Arab rulers are with us”. In another speech he analyzes the psychology of Uhud Olmert saying that what the Lebanese, Palestinians, and Israelis are suffering is a direct result of the inferiority complex inflicting him. Olmert wants to establish himself as a great leader of Israel but is failing to do so by all standards, Nasrallah says.

9. Nasrallah is great because he is magnanimous. The positions some Arab leaders and decision-makers have taken against Hezbollah in such critical circumstances are nearly unforgivable. But Hassan Nasrallah’s magnanimity leaves the option of forgiveness and reconciliation open. He said in one of his speeches: “As for those who sinned against us, those who made mistakes, those who let us down, and those who conspired against us - as there are various types [of people who are against us] - this will be left for a day to settle accounts. We might be tolerant with them and we might not (we might forgive and we might not)". To say such a statement in the midst of a barbaric war waged against Lebanon and backed by some of these Arab governments proves that Nasrallah is deeply committed to the cause of intra-Arab peace, strength, and unity, so much so that he has retained the capacity to give second chances and readily deal with those who sinned, betrayed, and conspired but have later changed their position.

10. Nasrallah is great because despite being strong, solid, and steadfast he is still very sympathetic and sensitive to the suffering of his own people and other innocent people affected by the war (including Israelis). He is unlike other callous (and yes cold-blooded) leaders and decision-makers who don't give a damn about what afflicts the people affected by their own decisions, actions, and inactions! Most of these leaders repeat insincere words of regrets and shed crocodile tears only for the media to capture, instead of taking the necessary steps to resolve the conflict. In his latest speech, Nasrallah said that Israel achieved a military accomplishment by killing the innocent women and children in Qana. Although none of Hezbollah's arsenal or fighters were targeted, this was an accomplishment on a military level because it cannot pass by without deeply affecting the Hezbollah members who weep the suffering of their own people and feel their pain in every step of the confrontation with Israel. Nasrallah's desire to not target Israeli civilians is clear in his speeches and his regret for the civilians dead is expressed. Nasrallah repeatedly said that Hezbollah wants the war to be man to man, force to force… instead of an open war waged on everyone. But, unfortunately, Israel chose an open war and open war it was, is, and will continue until Israel comes to its senses.

http://hezballah.blogspot.com/

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

I agree with faisal.

Islam is about humility. We shouldn't heap praise upon praise on an individual. Ultimately only Allah knows who is great and who isn't.

Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah (HA) is the epitome of humanity and humility.

The Sayyid before anyone on this board would ascribe all that happens - big or small - from Allah (swt) and Him alone. I have never heard of any leader that asks his followers to read Chapters from a Qur'an or a series of dua'/supplications during and before any of his operations in his attempts to liberate Lebanon. Given that he so humbly asks this of his people, I think its a little silly for anyone to assume anything other than it is the Sayyid who knows that Allah (swt) is the Almighty and that He is obviously the Greatest.

This however does not mean that Sayyid Hassan (HA) is not great.

Edited by Iman

• Advanced Member

Akwa:

Islam is about humility.

And that's why those Salafi Wahhabis have a whole COUNTRY named after their family?

Look who's talking.

Now for a moment, stop being a dumba** and THINK. It is not Nasrallah praising himself. So where did this talk of "humility" come from?

Also Akwa, you said you agree with faisal. But faisal himself said that he does not see anything wrong with the 10 reasons about Nasrallah's greatness. Do you still agree with him? Don't you think faisal disagrees with your "humility" stuff?

Akwa:

And that's why those Salafi Wahhabis have a whole COUNTRY named after their family?

Look who's talking.

Now for a moment, stop being a dumba** and THINK. It is not Nasrallah praising himself. So where did this talk of "humility" come from?

Also Akwa, you said you agree with faisal. But faisal himself said that he does not see anything wrong with the 10 reasons about Nasrallah's greatness. Do you still agree with him? Don't you think faisal disagrees with your "humility" stuff?

Who said I was talking about nasrallah?? My post was directed to the OP, think before you let the profanities roll.

My goodness. You people are truly amazing. You will criticize anyone that comes short of making sujud to your leaders.

And who said I was salafi? And whoever agreed with the Saudis naming the country after them? Sheesh.

you're contradicting khalid ibn walid and your avatar.

Nice try.

In my Avatar I called Daud (Allah yarhama) a Somali hero. Go ahead and call nasrallah a Lebanese hero.

However I didn't say

General daud is great because: 1, 2,3,..........10. This is the difference.

Don't attack me. Justify why heaping so much praise on someone is good?

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah (HA) is the epitome of humanity and humility.

The Sayyid before anyone on this board would ascribe all that happens - big or small - from Allah (swt) and Him alone. I have never heard of any leader that asks his followers to read Chapters from a Qur'an or a series of dua'/supplications during and before any of his operations in his attempts to liberate Lebanon. Given that he so humbly asks this of his people, I think its a little silly for anyone to assume anything other than it is the Sayyid who knows that Allah (swt) is the Almighty and that He is obviously the Greatest.

This however does not mean that Sayyid Hassan (HA) is not great.

I never said he wasn't great. Thats not for me to judge. But its kind of rediculous for you people to say he's great because 1, 2,3,4,5....10. Come on, whether he's great or not Allah knows. Remember that its the state in which a person dies that matters. No one here can even gaurantee that he will even die a muslim,....isn't it presumtuous to sing about his greatness?

^ damn beat me to it :mad:

He beat you to nothing.

Edited by Akwa

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

First of all none of us makes sujud to our leaders astaghfirallah ;) dont make the mistake of insulting me or others on this board in that way. Thanks. I still see no issue with calling Sayyid Hassan (HA) great. He is a great leader - no one can argue this at all.

I never said he wasn't great. But its kind of rediculous for you people to say he's great because 1, 2,3,4,5....10. Come on, whether he's great or not Allah knows. Remember that its the state in which a person dies that matters. No one here can even gaurantee that he will even die a muslim,....isn't it presumtuous to sing about his greatness?

Please. That's just like having an issue with saying why my dad.. mum or brother is great. Let's take my father as an example - he is one amazing artist/ This is a gift he has been given, just as Sayyid Hassan has been given the gift to lead a people - not everyone has that God-given charisma and ability. Whether or not my dad is the same when he dies (may Allah (swt) protect and khaleeli yeh ya rabb) is completely hypothetical and a redundant argument.. It's the way he will always be remembered.

May Allah (swt) bless Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah and yinsor al muqawama. May his greatness always be remembered - may his humility also.

I still see no issue with calling Sayyid Hassan (HA) great. He is a great leader - no one can argue this at all.

Please. That's just like having an issue with saying why my dad.. mum or brother is great. Let's take my father as an example - he is one amazing artist/ This is a gift he has been given, just as Sayyid Hassan has been given the gift to lead a people - not everyone has that God-given charisma and ability. Whether or not my dad is the same when he dies (may Allah (swt) protect and khaleeli yeh ya rabb) is completely hypothetical and a redundant argument.. It's the way he will always be remembered.

May Allah (swt) bless Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah and yinsor al muqawama. May his greatness always be remembered - may his humility also.

Well if you said your father was a great artist and then proceed to write 10 paragraphs about it,...this would be a problem. If you just said your father was a great artist, then thats fine.

What I was pointing out was the HEAPS of praises. I used to live in a communist country,...and thats the kind of [Edited Out] they say about dictators,..he's so great blah blah blah. Its ridiculous. Its what separates the Muslim system from the others. Each person has self dignity and each person is equal to each other. Our leaders should not be praised that profusely EVEN IF THEY DESERVE IT.

• Advanced Member
Well if you said your father was a great artist and then proceed to write 10 paragraphs about it,...this would be a problem. If you just said your father was a great artist, then thats fine.

What I was pointing out was the HEAPS of praises. I used to live in a communist country,...and thats the kind of [Edited Out] they say about dictators,..he's so great blah blah blah. Its ridiculous. Its what separates the Muslim system from the others. Each person has self dignity and each person is equal to each other. Our leaders should not be praised that profusely EVEN IF THEY DESERVE IT.

(salam)

I think you are aware that people differs by the level of Faith each has towards Allah swt. Taqwa gives ppl superiority. Some ppl has it and some dont.

You have an avatar of your hero...and you heap massive praise towards your avatar...at the same time you are condeming others. That is hypocricssy/Munafiq.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

:lol: It's quite silly that you're turning this harmless thread into an academic argument!

OK :blink: .. so I'm supposed to say so and so is great .. but have no justification for it? If I was you I'd rather see proof :huh: . Everything becomes an assertion when there's nothing to back it up. But I see.. this is the way you justify the 'greatness' of your other leaders (yeah, them) - you dont need to justify anything!! "They're just great.. because.. because ermm :unsure: they are..... :huh: " *shakes head*

Let's look at this from another angle, what you say goes against the teachings of the Holy Qur'an - "bring proof if you are truthful". This should extend to all things.. Although it feels so ridiculous having to say this in a thread like this!

Why not? Sure everyone needs to be treated equally - it seems like your communist upbringing has infiltrated your mind a LOT more than you realise - everything needs to be equal including what you say to them?? If you were a teacher your room would be chaos :lol: ! Well yes, in Islam everyone is judged equally.. I agree with you 100% but there is nothing on earth wrong with praise - and most importantly, praise when whoever it is deserves it. There needs to be criticism of leaders too (but obviously JUSTIFIED .. need proof/reason for the criticism) - thats one thing that the Arab/Muslim world in particular needs to examine and put into practice.

No matter what we say about anyone, what is important is the manner in which the person responds to both criticism and praise. It says a lot about their character.

Once again, may Allah (swt) protect the Sayyid.

(bismillah)

Akwa...are you ever not bitter or protesting against something? Is it so hard to say, yes this man is wonderful, and he is doing something for the entire ummah?

He is not our leader, he should be your leader as well. He is beyond the point of being a leader of a Shia resistance group, he is now the hope of the Muslim world, the Arab world, and anyone with half a sense of pride/honour left.

Seriously, just try..to be nice.

ws

You have an avatar of your hero...and you heap massive praise towards your avatar...at the same time you are condeming others. That is hypocricssy/Munafiq.

"Massive praise"?? Do you even know what the term means? Saying someone is a "hero" is not massive praise. Which is what I did. Go ahead and say Nasrallah is a hero,..thats not massive praise. Writing 10 paragraphs as to why he is a hero, THAT is massive praise.

You are the munafiq not me.

Let's look at this from another angle, what you say goes against the teachings of the Holy Qur'an - "bring proof if you are truthful". This should extend to all things.. Although it feels so ridiculous having to say this in a thread like this!

Once again, may Allah (swt) protect the Sayyid.

How the hell does what I'm saying go against the Koran? You people are really impossible to reason with. Do you not see the danger in over praising people?

Why not? Sure everyone needs to be treated equally - it seems like your communist upbringing has infiltrated your mind a LOT more than you realise - everything needs to be equal including what you say to them??

I didn't say I grew up in a communist country, I said I *lived* in a communist country. You know what they say about assumptions. :dry:

Well yes, in Islam everyone is judged equally.. I agree with you 100% but there is nothing on earth wrong with praise - and most importantly, praise when whoever it is deserves it.

You should learn how to read properly. I never said there was something wrong with praise,..I am talking about OVERLY PRAISING SOMEONE. Like writing 10 paragraphs about why they are so great.

But I see.. this is the way you justify the 'greatness' of your other leaders (yeah, them) - you dont need to justify anything!! "They're just great.. because.. because ermm :unsure: they are..... :huh: " *shakes head*

It only takes so long for a Shia to come back to this tired issue. :dry:

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Bro Akwa, chillax.

The point is; he is a great leader. He deserves to be praised for his courage and charisma. A simple "thank you" to Sayed Nasrallah at least. :unsure:

Edited by Wise Muslim

(bismillah)

Akwa...are you ever not bitter or protesting against something? Is it so hard to say, yes this man is wonderful, and he is doing something for the entire ummah?

As far as I'm concerned,..I'm trying to bring another view point. There are more than enough people patting each other on the back in agreement,...when I see something I disagree with I'll point it out.

(bismillah)

he is now the hope of the Muslim world, the Arab world, and anyone with half a sense of pride/honour left.

The "hope" of the muslim world? Forgive me sister but the Muslim world is more than just Lebanon and Palestine and the Israe issuel. There are muslim countries that are struggling and Arabs don't give 2 cents about them. I'm pretty sure Nasrallah is not too interested in the plight of African or chechen muslims,..so how is he their "hope". People on this board need to broaden their scope about the ummah.

(bismillah)

Seriously, just try..to be nice.

Oh, so I should just agree with everyone inorder to be nice?

• Advanced Member
"Massive praise"?? Do you even know what the term means? Saying someone is a "hero" is not massive praise. Which is what I did. Go ahead and say Nasrallah is a hero,..thats not massive praise. Writing 10 paragraphs as to why he is a hero, THAT is massive praise.

You are the munafiq not me.

(salam)

So now you are the expert on what praises are massive & what not?

I think you are being very stupid & also immature. If you dont have any constructive & resonable opinions on this thread - pls keep quiet.

(salam)

So now you are the expert on what praises are massive & what not?

There is something called common sense. Saying someone is a "hero" is obviously not "massive" praise as you claimed. Ten paragraphs worth of praise does count as massive.

(salam)

I think you are being very stupid & also immature.

Are moderators supposed to be insulting members?

(salam)

If you dont have any constructive & resonable opinions on this thread - pls keep quiet.

So you are the judge on whats contructive? Give me a break. People come on here spewing all kinds of nonsense but thats ok with you. I'm giving good naseeha, if you don't want to follow it thats your problem. But it is very constructive and MORE reasonable than your position.

Edited by Akwa

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Last May, Ayatullah Taqi Misbah Yazdi came to my city and we have a long discussion with him privately. The essence of his refreshing speech - tauhid. Fear not to anything else.

Due to that meeting, last June i went to Tehran, Iran and participate (on behalf of shiah and moslem community from my country -Malaysia) in a conference related to the demise of late Imam Ayatullah al-Uzma Mustafawi Khomeini.

All speakers from Sayyid Hassan Khomeini, Sayyidah Zehra Mustafawi, Ayatullah Javad Amoli in the conference, and i have to stress this, President Ahmadinejad (later on we all met him in a private meeting near haram e motahar) stressed that Imam Khomeini is great and he wasnt scared of anything in this world, because the most basic part is tauhid, and that tauhid taught all of us to only submit ourselves to Allah. And tauhid is the foundation of Islamic revolution and the struggle of all Imams.

That is what i am trying to say in my first response...wow, how can people mistake each other so easily!

i am confused, why did i sound like a salafi? You insulted me. You distort what i said seriously. i dislike them (salafis) but i take the advise of Imam Khomeini to pray behind them (especially in my sunni surroundings). For your information, as a newly converted shiah, i turn to find the truth, this "mazhab al-haq" after reading so many nonsense in this so called salafi sect, religion or whatever. and accusing me salafi is so insulting!

Back to my biggest point, i dont argue that Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah is a great leader and man, i admire him so much, but lets not forget the point that President Ahmadinejad stressed to me/us in June, that is: Imam Khomeini is great and he wasnt scared of anything in this world, because the most basic part is tauhid, and that tauhid taught all of us to only submit ourselves to Allah.

This formula applied to Hezbullah struggles and to Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah himself.

http://tehranifaisal.blogspot.com/ or http://pedulipalestina.blogspot.com/

Thank you. No more points to raise :angry:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

^ PUHHLEASE - no one here bows down to anyone but Allah (swt). Understand these simple words. The highest praise is reserved for Him and Him alone, however there is nothing on earth wrong with praising others (no matter how much praise that is).

And bro Akwa LOL. First of all, calling someone a 'munafiq' is the biggest insult but sis Zareen has a lot more dignity than you do and responded with something that was perhaps a little bit more fitting to the way you were/are behaving ;)

How the hell does what I'm saying go against the Koran? You people are really impossible to reason with. Do you not see the danger in over praising people?

Brother Akwa, I was talking about the importance of proof - whether it be at the mundane or academic level. And no I still see no danger in "over-praising". There is no such thing as 'over praise'. You saying "10 paragraphs" is over praise is not enough to convince me that it is. Bring forward proof and then we can have a discussion about this.

It only takes so long for a Shia to come back to this tired issue. :dry:
bro.. i was only pointing out how ludicrous your argument was .. and if it is how you feel, what this says about the Khalifa.
I didn't say I grew up in a communist country, I said I *lived* in a communist country. You know what they say about assumptions. :dry:

Can someone please point out the difference between "grew up in" and "lived in" :mellow:

You should learn how to read properly. I never said there was something wrong with praise,..I am talking about OVERLY PRAISING SOMEONE. Like writing 10 paragraphs about why they are so great.

:lol: talk about the king of insults here :cry: . My reading may be out of wack but my writing is certainly getting a helluva lot of practice here. I will reiterate once again: whether it is 1 paragrapgh or 10 or a million paragrapgh about a character in history - Islamic or otheriwse - there is nothing on this earth wrong with praising ANYONE as long as there is justification for it. The same can be said for criticism.

• Advanced Member

A nice article on the world wide popularity of the Sayed .. except for some comparisons with Laden and Saddam .

Nasrallah new champion of Islamic world

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM: The Islamic world has a new hero. In Muslim countries from Morocco to Indonesia, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah is being feted as the man who took on mighty Israel - and is winning. Even in London, some marchers demanding a ceasefire in the Lebanon conflict on Saturday carried placards emblazoned with portraits of the charismatic chief of the Shiite militia that captured two Israeli soldiers on July 12 in a bid to force an exchange of prisoners with the Jewish state. Nasrallah may not have predicted the ferocity of the response to his group's actions, but in the month since Prime Minister Ehud Olmert unleashed his air force against Lebanon Hezbollah has continued to rain rocket fire across the border into Israel.

Some of the young London marchers chanted slogans urging Nasrallah to target Tel Aviv with his missiles, a wish echoed at demonstrations across the Muslim world. In Morocco, they shouted "Well-loved Nasrallah, destroy Tel Aviv!" in Casablanca on Sunday, as well as "We are all Hezbollah, we are all Nasrallah!" and "Allah, give victory to Hezbollah!". In Spain, where the country's half million Muslims are regarded as moderate and well-integrated into the population of 44 million, support for Nasrallah is strong within their community. Nasrallah "fights to liberate his country" according to Riay Tatary of the Union of Muslim Communities in Spain, expressing his "support for the resistance".

Protestors in the capital of Austria, which is home to about 400,000 Muslims, chanted "Nasrallah, please, bombard Tel Aviv!" at a 130-strong rally Saturday. Even in key US ally Jordan, which has a peace treaty with neighbouring Israel, protesters brandish huge portraits of the Hezbollah chief and chant for a Hezbollah victory. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi Shiites thronged Baghdad on Friday chanting "Death to Israel!" and "Resistance!" in a massive demonstration of support for Hezbollah. It was the largest foreign show of support for the Lebanese guerrillas since Israel launched its offensive.

In Pakistan, Nasrallah may not yet be as popular a figure as Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden, but large portraits of the bearded and bespectacled leader, wearing the black turban reserved for Shiite clerics, feature at increasingly frequent anti-Israel demonstrations, especially by the minority Shiite community. He has also attracted the support of some of Pakistan's majority Sunni community for resisting Israeli attacks. Afghanistan's population is also predominantly Sunni, but there too support for Hezbollah is growing. This is a country where the Lebanon conflict has a special resonance - and where Western troops have been blamed for scores of civilian deaths since a coalition led by Israel's ally the United States toppled the Taliban regime in 2001.

Given the omnipresence of foreign forces in the capital Kabul, however, portraits of Nasrallah are generally not on open display. "I can foresee the day they will be the heroes of the Islamic world," Kabul university lecturer Mohammed Zubair told AFP. "Hezbollah is a terrorist group, but by the ignorant and unfair attacks of Israel on innocent people and sovereign countries, such terrorist organisations become legitimate in people's minds."

In Indonesia, the Muslim world's most populous nation, Nasrallah's status is rising amid increased anti-Israel protests. Bangladesh even named a bridge after Hezbollah, and it was opened by the country's junior communications minister. "I named the bridge Hezbollah because of our love for the Lebanese resistance group," Salahuddin Ahmed said. "Hezbollah is the only group which is fighting Israel, and the bridge is named after the group as a mark of honour," he told AFP.

Support for Hezbollah is also as strong within some parts of Israel itself as it is in Lebanon, the Syria- and Iran-supported group's base since its formation in 1982 in response to Israel's invasion of the country. Among the narrow streets and alleyways of old east Jerusalem, occupied by Israel in 1967, cassettes and CDs of songs praising Hezbollah and Nasrallah are on sale. Nasrallah, 45, is a skilled orator with a sense of humour unusual among fundamentalist movements in the Middle East. He was elected Hezbollah secretary-general in 1992 after Israel killed his predecessor Abbas al-Musawi, his wife and three-year-old daughter in a air strike.

Jerusalem Arab traders bereft of the usual tourist custom huddle to discuss the latest developments in Lebanon and Israel. "I'm happy to see Israeli soldiers drop like flies," said Jabra Nazmi, 25, owner of a store that sells cloth. "Killed Hezbollah fighters? They go to paradise as martyrs." Khaled Tamimi, a 42-year-old boutique proprietor, said people "admire Nasrallah as they admired (former Iraqi president) Saddam Hussein. He's someone who has stood up to Israel that has occupied us for 40 years." He explained that Palestinians feel so let down by Arab presidents and kings that they bestow hero status on "whatever leader hostile to Israel and the United States".

"Israel was considered the greatest military power in the Middle East, and Hassan Nasrallah has dragged it through the mud," added Jawad Al-Risheq, 54. According to Tamimi, Arab leaders such as Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and "the two Abdullahs" - the kings of Jordan and Saudi Arabia - "are accomplices" in Israel's Lebanon offensive. "Certainly Nasrallah is a hero," he said, "especially when you compare him to a traitor like Mubarak."

In an interview published on August 3 by two Jordanian dailies, King Abdullah II admitted that for many Arabs Hezbollah has indeed assumed a heroic mantle. "The Arab people now considers Hezbollah a hero because they are confronting the enemy (Israel) and protecting their land," the monarch said. "Even if Hezbollah is destroyed, another Hezbollah would emerge within a year or two somewhere else, maybe in Jordan, in Syria, in Egypt or in Iraq. Israel must realise that," he warned. - AFP

And bro Akwa LOL. First of all, calling someone a 'munafiq' is the biggest insult but sis Zareen has a lot more dignity than you do and responded with something that was perhaps a little bit more fitting to the way you were/are behaving ;)

Yes, Zareen has a lot more dignity than me,......thats why she called me a munafiq first:

That is hypocricssy/Munafiq.

A lot of dignity indeed.

Edited by Akwa

You saying "10 paragraphs" is over praise is not enough to convince me that it is. Bring forward proof and then we can have a discussion about this.

Do you also want proof that the Sun rises in the east??

There are some things you don't need to "proove". They are readily apparent.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

Yes, Zareen has a lot more dignity than me,......thats why she called me a munafiq first:

A lot of dignity indeed.

She said "that is hypocrisy" - not "you are" in psychology there is a HUGE difference when those labels are attributed to someone. I'm not about to bother to go into the differences between the two. I have already spent wayy too much time on this thread here.

Do you also want proof that the Sun rises in the east??

There are some things you don't need to "proove". They are readily apparent.

:lol: deary deary me.. clearly you have run out of arguments when this is all you have to say!

This ShiaChat is fast becoming an Idol Worshipping place?

No, a place where things are said as they are. Sayyid Hassan is NOT the greatest person to have walked this earth.. but he is one amazing man. The title of this thread is not "Why Hassan Nasrallah is the Greatest" .. the title clearly says "Why Hassan Nasrallah is Great".

• Advanced Member

salam

Some sectarian sunnis will raise a stink becoz they cant bear to face the truth that its a Shia who is leading the ummat in its fight against Israel and America. The options they had in Laden/Saddam/Zarqawi have brought only shame to them.

The other options like the 2 Abdullahs , Mubarak and the emirs of small fiefdoms are bloody gold-diggers and publicly lick Bush's sole for their own survival. Fortunately the majority of Muslims have got self respect and have united with Shias to fight the common enemy . Today Hizbollah and Nasrallah are in the prayers of all the Muslims all over the world. The greatness of Nasrallah is that he has been instrumental in uniting the Muslims.

Wassalam

Edited by AliAbbas

^

Your post is entirely baseless.

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due. However I do have a problem with superfluous praise. Personally I don't look at the ummah in terms of leadership. We shouldn't be looking for leaders we should be making leaders. All those Sunnis you mentioned,...I don't and have never thought of them as leaders.

You, like all the Shias that are critical of what I'm saying have missed a fundamental point. The point is that my concern HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NASRALLAH AS A PERSON. ONLY WITH THE CONCEPT OF OVERLY PRAISING ANY PERSON. If you said the same thing about a contemporary Sunni,..I would say the EXACT same thing. You are the ones twisting this into a Shia-Sunni thing,....not me.

Honestly,...the OP made me cringe. It is presumptuous for us as Humans to heap that degree of praise on people especially since there is no guarantee of Nasrallah's end. Only Allah knows .

When all of you are so combative toward this it says alot about YOU.

Its funny how defensive you people get. You can tell when people get defensive because they attack the person instead of the argument. A couple of posters were like "Oh yeah, look at your avatar blah blah blah" ,....lol, ridiculous.

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

She said "that is hypocrisy" - not "you are" in psychology there is a HUGE difference when those labels are attributed to someone. I'm not about to bother to go into the differences between the two.

Then she said.." /munafiq". So what did she mean?? Obviously she called me a munafiq,..because words aren't "munafiq", people are.

Edited by Akwa

• Advanced Member
The point is that my concer HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NASRALLAH AS A PERSON. ONLY WITH THE CONCEPT OF OVERLY PRAISING ANY PERSON.

Perhaps you should have pointed out where the original poster was overly praising Sayid Nasrallah and commented on those points.

Your constant rhetoric and babling about "over praise" (without metioning where it happened) make your intentions sound "fishy".