Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Peaceful-sunni

Execution of a Teenage Girl

Rate this topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/progr...0_4224_38311_50

On August 15th, 2004 a 16-year-old girl was hanged in a public square in Neka, Iran, a small industrial town by the Caspian Sea. Her death sentence was for crimes against chastity. Her name was Atefah Sahaaleh. The only evidence against Atefah was her own forced confession.

Atefah railed against her judge in court for its unfairness, but this was her undoing. Judge Haji Rezai, who was also the local mullah, prosecutor and head of the city administration, personally obtained permission from Iran's Supreme Court to execute her, and put the noose around her neck himself before she was hoisted on a crane jib arm to her death.

Using undercover footage, eyewitness accounts and drama recontruction, this film tells an unforgettable story of the life and tragic death of an ordinary teenage girl under Iran's mullahs.

What happened to the guy? And how do they know she lost her virginity, did they check to see if she still had a hymen?

that doesnt matter. some girls are born with out hymens...and you can lose them inother ways than sex.

my cousin tripped on a rug and fell on teh edge fo a chair and broke her hymen..and shes only 4 years old...

Do not question the doings of teh Mullahs. They are infallible.
They are not.

TrueMuslim, this chap 'Submitter' believes in mocking us---- People like him mocked prophet (SAW) what’s new .

Did you not see, it didn't take him minute to draw a conclusion that mullah are guilty, AND he even checked the story reported by our enemies to be authentic so quickly.

How do you weigh a person like that on the scales of credibility? Giving him a Zero would be an insult to zero

Edited by Ali Fazel

The only evidence against Atefah was her own forced confession.

is there any evidence showing she was forced?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Do not question the doings of teh Mullahs. They are infallible.

They're human beings. ALL human beings are fallible, with the exception of the Prophets (pbuh) and the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

(salam)

Sometimes I am suprised if this is happening in Iran. Because there was a recent Iranian movie (http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88121) about Capital Punishment in Iran. It really showed a humane sides of the Judge, prosecuter, defender and victims family. And when I am faced with this news..I just dont understand :huh:

May God curse those who accuse the Holy IRI of corruption! Astaghfirullah! Do you people not fear the wrath of the Almighty that awaits you?

No, may God curse those who ignore the advice of the Qur'an,

íóÇ ÃóíøõåóÇ ÇáøóÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ Åöä ÌóÇÁßõãú ÝóÇÓöÞñ ÈöäóÈóÃò ÝóÊóÈóíøóäõæÇ Ãóä ÊõÕöíÈõæÇ ÞóæúãðÇ ÈöÌóåóÇáóÉò ÝóÊõÕúÈöÍõæÇ Úóáóì ãóÇ ÝóÚóáúÊõãú äóÇÏöãöíäó {6}

'O you who believe, when a corrupt person comes to you with news then verify it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for what you have done'

ws

(salam)

The whole episode is sad. Furthermore, the Quran does not say to put people to death for adultery.

From what I read of the Aisha episode is that the Prophet (pbuh) was willing to forgive her even if she did it. In the Quran we are told that in the Prophet (pbuh) we have the supreme example I just wish we would take the Quran's advice the Author(SWT) , I hear, knows a thing or two.

WS

For about 6 years now, I have heard about this innocent Iranian girl being executed. In fact, it seems that shes been executed every year since 1999.

If you can't even deliver a picture of the girl, her relatives coming forth, or any details whatsoever to prove that this event occurred in reality, perhaps you should realize that we are not so stupid as to believe these lies about iran.

especially in teh face of condi's 170 million dollar anti iran propoganda budget.

-

rahat

íóÇ ÃóíøõåóÇ ÇáøóÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇ Åöä ÌóÇÁßõãú ÝóÇÓöÞñ ÈöäóÈóÃò ÝóÊóÈóíøóäõæÇ Ãóä ÊõÕöíÈõæÇ ÞóæúãðÇ ÈöÌóåóÇáóÉò ÝóÊõÕúÈöÍõæÇ Úóáóì ãóÇ ÝóÚóáúÊõãú äóÇÏöãöíäó {6}

'O you who believe, when a corrupt person comes to you with news then verify it, lest you harm a people in ignorance, then be sorry for what you have done'

Aww, and let me guess, Allah (swt) has bestowed your worthy self the honour of identifying who is and isn't corrupt? Shouldn't you verify news regardless of who brings it to me?

Bruce Almighty anyone?

So this means there should be no law enforcement according to you?

Cyan you're implying something that hasn't been said. In the absence of Imam Al-Hujjah (as) such punishment cannot be carried out, according to many eminent scholars of the past. It's merely another view, not a free-for-all ticket for 'criminals'.

So who was the holy man who cast the first stone, I would love to have the oppertunity to do his ziyarah, insha'Allah.

SHE WANT EVEN MARRIED> Why the F*** did the f****** Mullah hacve to kill her?

Instill fear in hearts and minds and subdue the people!

Cyan you're implying something that hasn't been said. In the absence of Imam Al-Hujjah such punishment cannot be carried out, according to many eminent scholars of the past. It's merely another view, not a free-for-all ticket for 'criminals'.

Hasnain, I was just asking him. That's all.

:mad:

If someone accuses a muslim of adultery or fornication it is a duty that they present 4 witnesses to back up their claim. If 4 witnesses are produced who actually saw the alleged event then the punishment of one who is married is that of stoning and that of an unmarried person is flogging. So even if she was guilty which wasnt proven, her punishment should of been flogging not execution. I really wonder where all the mercy and compassion has gone if in fact this story is true . There is a hadith in which a women come to the most merciful of all creation sayyiduna Muhammad (pbuh) and told him that she had committed adultary. The blessed Prophet tried to turn away from her and ignore what she said hoping knowing that that if she made sincere tawba she would be forgiven. I f only we knew him (pbuh)

:mad:

If someone accuses a muslim of adultery or fornication it is a duty that they present 4 witnesses to back up their claim. If 4 witnesses are produced who actually saw the alleged event then the punishment of one who is married is that of stoning and that of an unmarried person is flogging. So even if she was guilty which wasnt proven, her punishment should of been flogging not execution. I really wonder where all the mercy and compassion has gone if in fact this story is true . There is a hadith in which a women come to the most merciful of all creation sayyiduna Muhammad (pbuh) and told him that she had committed adultary. The blessed Prophet tried to turn away from her and ignore what she said hoping knowing that that if she made sincere tawba she would be forgiven. I f only we knew him (pbuh) :wub:

of course this news needs to be verified becasue other news from iran has been manipulated in the past.

i think this news was taken by amnesty from iran focus and an article on that anti islamic site says:

According to judicial records, by the time Atefeh was 16, she had been convicted five times of having sex with unmarried men. Each time she spent some time in jail and was given 100 lashes (Under Iran’s law, punishment for having sex with a married man would have been far heavier.)
Edited by Muhammed Ali

They (reference to Iranian People) managed to bring that system (Monarchy) to its knees and create a government of the people which was based on Islamic tenets and spiritual principles. Its (reference to the government) actions are relatively Islamic. Our spirit is Islamic. I cannot say that our actions are totally Islamic. They are relatively Islamic and, God willing, they will have to become more and more Islamic every day. They brought such a state to power.

Ayatollah Khamenei

is there any evidence showing she was forced?

i wasn't aware that a woman was required to prove her innocence in Islaam.

Additionally, i'm wondering where the 4 witnesses to her WILLING having sex were. They are QUR'AANICALLY required if she DENIES consentual sex.

EVEN THEN, that is required for LASHING. A death sentence is anti-Qur'aan BIDA.

Wa-Salaam