Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Peaceful-sunni

Execution of a Teenage Girl

Rate this topic

This documenatry had nothing to do with the Iranian regime and was more to do with one Muller. And it was pointed out that the miscarraige of justice was a miscarriage under Iranian Laws there not cristisng Iran laws there crtising this judage.

I saw that program too, and I think it only proves how problematic a country can be when it is NOT run according to Islam.

Take for instance a number of descrepancies that are not part/were missed out of Islamic Due process:

1)The accusation against the girl atefah was doen by anonymous petition- this is unislamic for reasons that require witness not Anonymous rumour.

2)Her previous convictions for 'lewd conduct'- while understandable, do not come under Islamic Hudud (rights of Allah) punishments, thus she could not be whipped for such behaviour. e.g. being in a car with a boy may be haram; it does not qualify as Zina (fornication) due to absence of proven penetrative sex.

3)furthermore, if it were proved that a 'virgin' does not have her hymen, this would be insufficent evidence to convict- due to the reasons mentioned by someone, that there is still possibility of doubt.

4)One of the worst Unislamic verdict given by the judge, is the sentence to death by hanging. In Islam, even though a person were guilty of continous fornication- the death pealty cannot be applied unless they are adulterer's.

5)They can be no such thing as 'forced' interrogations in islam- torture is STRICTEDLY prohibited- even if the crime is grevious, or the evidence could save other lives. Muslims are a people of principle, not convienience.

6)The Man that was accused by atefah of raping her- should of been subject to a rape trial- and if proven guitly- executed not whipped 95 times (which is 5 less than the punishment for fornication- zina).

Salaam,

Shi'ite jurisprudence is much more open to interpretation than is Sunni Jurisprudence. You mentioned a number of reasons... I would like to answer reason number 3. In Iran, if the hymen is removed due to strenuous physical activity it is the duty of the female to get a notice or paperwork of somesort from a Doctor indicating the reason for such. Nonetheless, though the rules you pointed out might be a guiding factor for a Jurist to establish a verdict by, it is very much important to know that the Shi'ite jurist must take into consideration all sorts of extenuating circumstance that come into play in this situation. You mention 5 less whips, the Quran states in surah 24, ayat 2: "The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment." The Shi'ite jurist can even give 50 whips if the person is of minimum strength or is ill...

You can imagine the disadvantages in Sunni Jurisprudence where the Jurist has a stronger restriction on the use of the aql.

wa allahu alam

(as)

(bismillah) (salam)

In Iran, if the hymen is removed due to strenuous physical activity it is the duty of the female to get a notice or paperwork of somesort from a Doctor indicating the reason for such.

(this is not directed at you, but regarding the above mentioned "law") Personally, I find that offensive, intrusive and disgusting. Men don't have to PROVE their virginity, women have no choice but to take them at their word. Being EQUALS, women should ALSO be taken at their word. :huh:

And please, nobody start spouting that "there's no such thing as a male virgin" baloney. If you've had sex you're not a virgin. Period.

Edited by AnonyMuslima

"Shi'ite jurisprudence is much more open to interpretation than is Sunni Jurisprudence. You mentioned a number of reasons."

I think it a sorry state then when a girl is killed you use this oppourtanty to Sunni bash not realising that Sunni Islam is the majority and follow diffrent schools of thought. techically Sunnism is more open because there is not offical school of thought amgost sunnis.

Do not question the doings of teh Mullahs. They are infallible.

Some Muslims do think that Mullah's are Infallible. If you look at the Al-Qaeda closely you will notice that level of ignorance among people and the way Mullah Omar took advantage of the ignorance of the locals by bending the religion in every possible way and making himself look like an infallible.

"Shi'ite jurisprudence is much more open to interpretation than is Sunni Jurisprudence. You mentioned a number of reasons."

I think it a sorry state then when a girl is killed you use this oppourtanty to Sunni bash not realising that Sunni Islam is the majority and follow diffrent schools of thought. techically Sunnism is more open because there is not offical school of thought amgost sunnis.

You continually argue this point, but you still haven't verified the facts of the case. I don't know why yuo can't comprehend the fact that the docimentary was DRAMATISATION, therefore provides no evidence. I have come across such stories before that have truned out to be totally wrong. When you can bring REAL evidence, then there can be something to talk about, until then it's all just propganda.