Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Peaceful-sunni

Execution of a Teenage Girl

Rate this topic

you gave the answer smart guy, sex without being married

not so smart guy, in Islam if ur not married and have sex then the punishment is lashing...Is it that difficult to understand? learn Islam properly before u come here from school.

^if she wasn't married, I don't believe she got killed, she would've just got lashed

I believe this is propaganda, I don't believe it

EVEN THEN, that is required for LASHING. A death sentence is anti-Qur'aan BIDA.

Wa-Salaam

according to many websites she had allready been convicted 5 times for fornicating by the age of 16.

so according to ayatullah khui, its the death penalty:

2795. If a free man commits adultery he should be whipped one hundred times, and if he commits adultery thrice and is whipped one hundred times on each occasion, he should be killed, if he commits adultery for the fourth time.

heng please dont make this sort of mistake again.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

It okay cat where not critising Iran as a whole or even the whole regime where only critising this indivial Imam and i would ask other to do so to.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...-name_page.html

"IT WAS exactly 6am and the start of another blisteringly hot summer day when 16-year-old Atefeh Rajabi was dragged from her prison cell and taken to be executed.

Every step of the way the troubled teenager plagued by mental problems shouted "repentance, repentance" as the militiamen marched her to the town's Railway Square.

The Iranian judge who had sentenced Atefeh to death was left unmoved as he personally put the noose around her neck and signalled to the crane driver.

Kicking and screaming, Atefeh was left dangling for 45 minutes from the arm of the crane as the crowd sobbed and - under their breath - damned the mullahs.

Atefeh's crime? Offending public morality. She was found guilty of "acts incompatible with chastity" by having sex with an unmarried man, even though friends say Atefeh was in such a fragile mental state that she wasn't in a position to say no.

But Judge Haji Rezaii was determined she should hang, regardless of the rules of international law which say only adults over 18 can be executed, and that the courts have a duty to children and the mentally ill.

Advertisement

The brutal end to Atefeh's short life has shone a new light on Iran's Shariah law, where adultery, theft and rape all carry the same punishment - death. Officially around 100 people - some just children like Atefeh - are executed each year. But human rights groups say the true figure could be much higher in a country where only half of the women can read, only one in 10 have a job and two-thirds are beaten in their homes.

Life was never easy for Atefeh, who was brought up in the industrial town of Neka, 250 miles from Tehran and close to the Caspian Sea. Her mother died when she was a child and her father Ghasseem, a heroin addict, left her grandparents to bring her up. She suffered from bi-polar disorder, which led to severe mood swings from hyperactivity to depression. Worried parents told their children to stay away from her - something many regret now. "Perhaps we should have helped her instead," said Hamid. "I think the death of her mother had a devastating effect. Before that, she was a normal girl. Her mother was everything to her. After she died, there was no one to look after her."

Mina, a childhood friend, said Atefeh was abused by a close relative. "She never dared talk about it with an adult," said Mina. "If she had told her teacher they'd have called her a [Edited Out]. Tell the police? They lock you up and rape you." Atefeh first appeared in court, accused of having sex with an unmarried man at 14. Over the next two years she was accused of the same crime with different men.

They denied it and were sentenced to the lash and then released. But Atefeh pleaded guilty and each time received 100 lashes and a prison term. Mina said: "Atefeh sometimes talked about what these 'moral' Islamic policemen did to her while she was in jail. She still had nightmares about that. Atefeh said her mood swings made it easy for men to take advantage of her, and that most of her lovers were in the security force."

Two of them were members of the anti-vice militia. They encouraged other men to sign statements saying Atefeh had engaged in vice, and even claimed she had AIDS.

It was when Atefeh appeared before Judge Rezaii for a fourth time that she lost her temper - and also her life. In a rage she tore off her hi jab - a headscarf - and told the judge she had been raped and it was his duty to punish her tormentors, not their victim.

Rezaii told her she would hang for her "sharp tongue" and that he would put the noose around her neck himself. It became a personal crusade as he travelled to Tehran and convinced the Supreme Court to uphold his verdict.

Two petitions by her friends, saying she was mentally unwell, were ignored. Her father produced her birth certificate proving she was 16. Yet the judges "decreed" she was 22.

Atefeh also wrote to the Supreme Court: "There are medical documents that prove I have a weak nerve and soul. In some minutes of the day and night I lose my sanity. In a society where an insane person can be serially raped it is no wonder that a person like me is the victim of such an ugly act."

The day before she died she wrote again, saying: "Repentance, repentance, repentance." In Iranian law anyone who shows remorse has an automatic stay of execution and a right to appeal, but she was ignored.

A local pharmacist watched Atefeh's execution on August 15, 2004. "She looked so young standing there," he said. "Rezaii must have felt a personal grudge against her. He put the rope around her neck himself. I looked around and everyone in the crowd was sobbing and damning the mullahs." The family's lawyer has now filed a suit of wrongful execution against the judge and is preparing a murder case. Her life is also the subject of a secretly filmed documentary, Execution of a Teenage Girl, which will be screened on BBC2 on Thursday.

One of Atefeh's teachers said the authorities wanted to make an example of her: "She wouldn't take injustice from anyone, but the mullahs equate these qualities in a girl to prostitution and evil. They wanted to give all the girls and women a lesson."

Amnesty International UK director Kate Allen said: "The killing of Atefeh is a catalogue of the most appalling human rights violations. The public hanging of a child, believed to be mentally incompetent, totally beggars belief. To hang a child flies in the face of all that is humane."

some iran-lover is probably gonna say its an american conspiracy or that all of this is either Abu Bakr or Umar or Uthmans fault?

(betting its Mr. Logic)

SOME LOVERS OF THE THREE KHALIF AND THE ENEMIES OF IMAM ALI(A) AND THE AHLULBAIT(A) WILL BELIEVE KAFIRS VERSION - EVEN WHEN, AT TIMES WHEN THEY KNOW ITS NOT TRUE ------ANYTHING TO HATE SHIAS

DO THEY COMENT ON HOW WOMEN ARE TREATED BY SUNNIS IN SUNNI CONTROLLED PLACES -- LIKE PAKISTAN AND SAUDI ARABIA?

Edited by Ali Fazel

Ok just finished viewing it now i idednified some clear anti-regimist centimeant but not as much as i expected.

As for the girl it is clear to me that she was in fact inoccent of all charges against her this is mutally agreeded by many Iranians inculding the simple peseant on the street. The main critisims of the system in Iran seem to be mostly why have women been given a harsher punishment that men? You see this girl had three pervous conviction most of the crimes she was accused of she was in fact inoccent of.

Secondaly she had been raped when she was 13 by a 51 year old man who used to work for the Revoulationary guard. One of the most shocking aspects of this hole matter is the speed in which this girl was excuted. She was tried against non-existance evidance no witnesses and from this the judage decided to excuted her. She appeled the supereme court answered her in a day and said she was 22 and that she should be exucted even though they knew she was 16.

However most of the people involded in her rape where later arrested for running a kiddy prostaituion ring.

salam

this isn't exactly 100% on topic, but it is relevant.. I saw someone mention an Episode with Aisha..

Did Aisha commit adultry or fornication???.. can someone please explain.. I've never heard about this before..

salam

After seeing the program I think I should change my view. I think that it was not the fault of the Iranian regime but just the stupidity and cruel heartedness of one mullah that resulted in this murder. However I would like to know if this judge/mullah has been punished.

cat stevens

watch ur language

u are a foulmouthed person. here is a place for polite ppl not rude men like u.

so all those people who swear at abu bakr umar and uthman are not foul mouthed? and i want to ask u what part of that particular post was foul mouthed?

Wow did i see someone talk about Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) not executing Aisha? Thats a good point..

Aisha never committed anything that she should be excuted during Mohammad's (pbuh) time.

i cursed someone who was responsible for the murder of a mentally disabled 16-year old girl.. And its not like he is one of the mujtahids.

^ how do u know that? she was seen with someone..

read surah 24, ayats 11-16. May Allah forgive you for trying to spread rumours among muslims and slandering a chaste woman

Those verses are not for Aisha. They are for Maria (as) the Copt, and it was Aisha who spread rumors against her amongst the "muslims"

(salam)

Do you have any sources for this?

Those verses are not for Aisha. They are for Maria (as) the Copt, and it was Aisha who spread rumors against her amongst the "muslims"

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 24:11]

The particular incident referred to here occurred on the return from the defensive expedition of the Bani Mustaliq in 5-6 Hijra. At one of the halts, A-isha, the Holy Prophet's wife, ...

... Ali ibn abi Talib knew that it was an obvious lie (as said in verse 12), concocted to hurt the Holy Prophet, so he asked Burayrah, the maid of A-isha, to tell the mischief-makers the truth about her mistress. On Burayrah's report the scandal was diffused.

http://al-islam.org/quran/

"Basically, the Ahadith regarding this incident in which Ayesha was

wrongfully accused of immodesty is narrated by all Muslims in the same

manner. Shi'ah scholars are more emphatic, however, that the wives of the

Holy Prophet (S) were all chaste women. ..."

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/Aali...k/msg00665.html

Allamah Tabatabayee in Al-Mizan:

æ åÐå ÇáÑæÇíÇÊ áÇ ÊÎáæ ãä äÙÑ: ÃãÇ ÃæáÇ: ÝáÃä ãÇ ÝíåÇ ãä ÇáÞÕÉ áÇ íÞÈá ÇáÇäØÈÇÞ Úáì ÇáÂíÇÊ

"and these narrations (that say the verses are about Maria) are not flawless, Firstly because the story they are telling does not fit with these verses ...

http://www.holyquran.net/cgi-bin/almizan.p...p;sp=5&sv=0

Edited by Student

(salam)

Now does anyone have any solid evidence that this story about the execution is true?

There are a few reasons i doubt the truthfullness:

1) The crime is not punishable by death in Iran.

2) Iran Focus is not areliable source.

3) The video footage was dramastisation, not actual footage.

4) It seems highly unlikely the Supreme Court would return a verdict so quickly.

5) No independent sources confirm the incident.

6) There seems to be confusion over her name, Rajabi or Saalaheh?

7) If she was mentally handicapped she would be exempt from the death penalty.

I do not believe that the death sentance would be dealt out so easily, without any checks and balances. It is incompatible with the penal code, constitution and ethical basis of the Islamic Republic.

Edited by Asif_Ali

salam

IF a girl really commits such this shameful sin,she must be punished.

isnt it islam's rule?

She can be spared. A number of questions are asked. However, if no one saw her or the guy then there should not have been a case. It's not just a matter of a 16 year old girl committing a sin. The facts we don't have before us are: Was she seen? Where did it take place? Did it take place before other people? Was there drunkedness or some mood altering drug involved? If she was not seen, and confessed to the crime, how many times did she confess? If she confessed less than 3 times she should have been spared and her accusers, if any, she should have been punished.

You can't take anything at face value.

I think we can all agree that this is not the norm in iran but was a miscarriage of justice...but how come the boys involved havent been punished and also the ruthless mullah who murderd this girl?

Remeber this story is only being told from one side, and many such stories like this have come out before only to be proven false or innacurate. I remember a little while ago all these sites were posting pictures of some boys who were executed, for apparantly being gay. It turned out they actually committed multiple rape, and that was the crime they were executed for. I think we need to take this information with a pinch of salt. For starters the show broadcast was of dramatised footage, not what actual happened.

I don't undersatnd you people your quick to condem whabbies and there crimes but when one of your muller is at fault you defend him.

Is this the staged you guy have reached where you ignore the teaching of Islam and you refuse to see your own fault?

Another chance for the BBC to show the apathetic masses of the UK a fabricated take on miscarriages of justice in Iran. Why not make documentaries about the HUNDREDS of miscarriages of justice in the UK instead, maybe the family of De Menezes could have the heads of those people who killed her son on a platter, and I can get into London for less than £12. I guess it's because they'd use up all the dramatic music.

So Goddamn sick of hearing some liberal English/American tourist basically going into a country whose history they are totally naive of, and whose culture they have no respect for. They just read a news headline, and think "oh that sounds very exotic and barbaric!", book a ticket to the country and start to point out the flaws of the country without really putting in any thought as to why these tragedies happen, and whether or not there is more to the story than meets the eye. I remember a while back the Western media shed crocodile tears over the two Iranian fags who were executed. They seemed to not report that the two were actually executed for being rapists - but who cares! It's Iran/North Korea/Venezuela/Cuba, we can make up whatever we like about these countries because nobody seems to do any research themselves!

unfortunately, this story reminds me of the "keys to paradise" news reports about Iran. durring the Iran-Iraq war, Mullahs would give the souldiers 2 books, a copy of the Quran and a copy of "mafatih al-jinan" In english translated as the keys to paradise.

When the news was being reported in the western hemisphere, they claimed that Iran's Mullahs would give their soldiers a copy of the Quran and plastic keys imported from Taiwan to open the gates of paradise.

It's quiet rediculious and i'm sure some people believed it.