Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Difference between an Apple Laptop and a Regular one

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I've never used an apple laptop, but generally in terms of hardware and components they almost all appear to be the same as other brands. From the technical specs Apple seems to have attention to detail and appear to have a quality product. But you can get a quality laptop that's not apple as well. The only real difference is in what operating system is used. Apple uses a different operating system and can still support windows running within it's own OS. That's the only real advantage I see with an Apple, other than the quality of their product which seems to be well packaged. It is a bit more secure, software wise.

But one thing I don't like about the Apple is that you can't really customize it. If you want to inter-change programs between non apple computers you would have to convert them to be compatible. Some programs also might not be compatible at all, and I'm not sure how well the Apple runs different software applications. I would only get an apple if you're just using it for school, work, browsing the net, those types of things.

ws

• Advanced Member
Yeah, without a dedicated graphics solution. :dry:

Integrated is good too. It saves you money. It wouldn't make sense to pay the extra for a desktop with a high-end graphics card if you're not going to use its full potential. It's a 13-inch machine. It wasn't meant to pull off intense graphic operation like with some of the games out there today. Had I been a gamer I'd go PC, but I'm not. I only need something to work and live with. The highest fps rate I would pull off would be when it goes to screensaver mode.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

My beloved brothers, I highly appreciate all the advice, and May Allah (swt) shower you and your families with infinite blessings!

Brother Majnoon's post really won me over, I decided to get an Apple. I love the fact that they never crash. Just Today I was reading a book online than without any reason the "blue screen of death" came up... it said physical dump of memory.

And I also love the fact that they boot up so quickly and how thin they are.

I don't play games, but I do want a laptop that'll last me several years.

So Thanks Again Brothers At Shiachat... and Sister Zuljena( I hope I spelled your name right)

With Salams And Duas'

Your Humble Brother SlaveofGod

It's like the difference between heavan and hell.

(salam)

Which one is heaven and which one is hell?

Thanks Brother

Had I been a gamer I'd go PC, but I'm not. I only need something to work and live with. The highest fps rate I would pull off would be when it goes to screensaver mode.

(salam)

My Situation Exactly.

Edited by SlaveofGod
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

My beloved brothers, I highly appreciate all the advice, and May Allah (swt) shower you and your families with infinite blessings!

Brother Majnoon's post really won me over, I decided to get an Apple. I love the fact that they never crash. Just Today I was reading a book online than without any reason the "blue screen of death" came up... it said physical dump of memory.

And I also love the fact that they boot up so quickly and how thin they are.

I don't play games, but I do want a laptop that'll last me several years.

So Thanks Again Brothers At Shiachat... and Sister Zuljena( I hope I spelled your name right)

With Salams And Duas'

Your Humble Brother SlaveofGod

(salam)

Which one is heaven and which one is hell?

Thanks Brother

(salam)

My Situation Exactly.

I used to get a lot of memory dumps on the dell machines running xp I used to support on the network. Generally it was bad memory stick or hardrive but generally speaking its bad memory, replease your memory and you should be good.

ps

by memory stick I mean RAM

Edited by Ojum
  • Advanced Member
Apple is like driving a smooth BMW

Dell/PC is like driving the old relic Model T Ford that jumps about all over the place - and goes up in smoke if you press the wrong key.

I dont believe that because i have a dell and its works like a bmw!!! :D but yes i like apples too!!! :)

• Advanced Member
I dont believe that because i have a dell and its works like a bmw!!! :D but yes i like apples too!!! :)

at my job we have had so many peoplems with dell its not even funny. We have replaces 150 motherboars in one building on some Dells because of a "thermal failure" and the custmer service is terrible.

I have a dell xps 400 at work and man the third week I was using it i got a memory dump error. Also did you hear about the Dell laptops that have been over heating and burning peoples homes down? We have had several situations like that down here. To be fair I think gateway is hving the same issue with the heat.

• Advanced Member
Dell admitted the over heating issue here but again I have a gateway laptop, a 17 in monster and I can tell you. That thing gets so hot it just shuts off when ever it feels like it.

(salam)

That's back from 2004 :Hijabi: , the dual cores produce LOW heat, p.s. the Apples were also having a HEATING problem when they released with Dual-cores, it was a problem with their firmware or something, that's not two years old even but just recent, you may search for it anywhere.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Slightly off topic - just wanted to ask, how much of an issue is it for you guys that Intel is on the ban list and now Apple are using them in their machines?

If its been discussed, sorry, just point me to the right forum.

Intel is on the ban list? :Hijabi: Clarify!

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

Slightly off topic - just wanted to ask, how much of an issue is it for you guys that Intel is on the ban list and now Apple are using them in their machines?

If its been discussed, sorry, just point me to the right forum.

that ban list means nothing to me

(salam)

That's back from 2004 :Hijabi: , the dual cores produce LOW heat, p.s. the Apples were also having a HEATING problem when they released with Dual-cores, it was a problem with their firmware or something, that's not two years old even but just recent, you may search for it anywhere.

this was more recent

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/del...ames-182257.php

as i said though I work in the field, i see computers all day every day. They still have heat issues.

• Advanced Member
at my job we have had so many peoplems with dell its not even funny. We have replaces 150 motherboars in one building on some Dells because of a "thermal failure" and the custmer service is terrible.

I have a dell xps 400 at work and man the third week I was using it i got a memory dump error. Also did you hear about the Dell laptops that have been over heating and burning peoples homes down? We have had several situations like that down here. To be fair I think gateway is hving the same issue with the heat.

lets pay attention to what I said, read my last sentence. Now if we take one of the links you provided we get the qoute "In 2004 and 2005, Apple, Dell and Hewlett Packard collectively recalled more than 300,000 laptop batteries "due to fire hazards." you going on about apple has this issue too really is a bit off topic as this was never the argument but thx for proving my point though ;)
  • Advanced Member

Yeah it is, just go to www.inminds.com u'll see a host of companies but Intel has been there for years.

There's been a few discussions about it, not just by Muslims but non-Muslim's too. Intel will be one of the biggest foreign investors in Israel.

I do feel bad cos personally I really like mac's (more for the design-well i am a gal) but now with the intel chip it just sucks :angry: What was wrong with AMD chips instead?

And the other thing I don't understand is that are Mac trying to take over MS or something? I mean you have MS Office for Mac and now they are using the same chip, so whats the point? Where's the difference? And what about security? Has SJ run out of ideas or something?! Next thing we'll hear is the MS-Apple merger...!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

If any of you are students, don't forget to take the education discount and the free ipod nano being offered right now. I'm just about to buy an apple desktop. I have 2 ibooks and LOVE them (I need many computers in my profession). Last year I changed my parents over to Apple. Apple is the best - all the reasons have been discussed already.