Sign in to follow this  
AliAbbas

'Kill Iraqis' song - posted by a US marine

Rate this topic

'Kill Iraqis marine song' probe

By Adam Brookes

BBC News, Washington

The US marines have launched a probe into a video posted on the internet that apparently shows a serving marine singing about killing Iraqi civilians.

A spokesman described the video as "clearly inappropriate" and contrary to the standards of the marines.

Posted on the YouTube website, the video shows a man in uniform strumming a guitar while singing about killing Iraqis, as others laugh and cheer.

The marines said they did not know immediately if the film was genuine.

The lyrics caught on video refer to the shooting of Iraqi civilians, especially children.

As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally

Song lyrics

It also refers to Iraqis as "hajis" - a term usually applied to someone who has completed the pilgrimage to Mecca, but commonly used as a term of insult against Iraqis among US troops.

The marines are currently embroiled in controversy over the deaths of 24 civilians in the Iraqi town of Haditha last year.

The four-minute song includes graphic descriptions of killings, real or imagined.

Dressed in a green T-shirt and military style trousers and boots, a man sings: "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me.

"As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally."

Marines spokesman Lt Col Scott Fazekas said: "The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all marines."

Asked whether the singer was a real marine, Mr Fazekas said it was impossible to know: "I can't tell. In looking at it, it could be anywhere, it could be anybody.

No decision had been made on whether to launch a formal investigation, the spokesman said.

Edited by AliAbbas

No right minded Muslim woman would depend on the American military (inclusive of marines) for their security... remember it is the women and children who have been killed in large numbers because of the American invasion - and b/4 that the genocidal sanctions. Nope, it aint the women who are seeking this kind of security... infact these are some downright foolish men who think it is OK to depend on the Americans for anything...

(bismillah)

I was out in the sands of Iraq

And we were under attack

And I, well I didn't know where to go

Then the first thing that I could see

Was everybody's favorite Burger King

So I threw open the door and I hit the floor

THen suddenly to my surprise

I looked up and I saw her eyes

And I knew it was love at first sight

And she said 'Dirka dirka Mohammed jihad, sherpa sherpa bakala

Haji girl, I can't understand what you're saying

And she said 'Dirka dirka Mohammed jihad, sherpa sherpa bakala

Haji girl, I love you anyway

Then she said she wanted me to see

Wanted me to go meet her family

But I, Well I couldn't figure out how to say no

Cuz I don't speak Arabic, so

She took me down an old dirt trail

And she pulled up to a sod shanty

She threw open the door and I hit the floor

Cuz her brother and her father shouted:

'Dirka dirka Mohammed jihad, sherpa sherpa bakala

They pulled out their AK's so I could see

And they said

So I grabbed her little sister

And I put her in front of me

As the bullets began to fly

The blood sprayed from between her eyes

And then I laughed maniacally

Then I hid behind the tv

And I locked and loaded my M-16

I blew those little ****ers to eternity

And I said:

They shoulda known they were ****in' with a Marine

Iraqi Bush supporters , if this doesn't wake you up, then I don't know what will.

No right minded Muslim woman would depend on the American military (inclusive of marines) for their security... remember it is the women and children who have been killed in large numbers because of the American invasion - and b/4 that the genocidal sanctions. Nope, it aint the women who are seeking this kind of security... infact these are some downright foolish men who think it is OK to depend on the Americans for anything...

I love how you fail to mention that most civilian casualties since Saddam's army surrendered have been caused by your "Mujahideen" and fail to mention that the "genocidal sanctions" were actually put in place by the UN due to Saddam Hussein.

But why should muslims ever blame themselves when they can blame the West? Its so much easier isn't it?

And how is a random guy singing a stupid song so offensive? Grow up.

So it's okay to make a song about the Dirty Kuffar then?

You guys need to stop generalizing.

You all cry foul when most people claim all Muslims support terror, yet you have no problem generalizing the entire US military over one song?

Hypocrites.

http://www.inthebullpen.com/archives/4932 :

Hadji Girl -

The entire “dirka, dirka, jihad” line that’s straight out of the movie ‘Team America: World Police’ should give this whole thing away as comical relief. Yes, even our soldiers who are in harms way need comical relief. The story of the song is that this Marine met an Iraqi woman who asked him to go meet her parents. On the way to her home, the woman’s brother and father came out and shot the woman. At about halfway through the video, the Marine sings “but her brother and father shot her.” Apparently this is missed by the BBC, Reuters and CAIR. The line regarding what the BBC and Reuters quoted was after this shooting. The Marine then took cover and shot back. “They should have known they were f____ with a Marine.”

There’s more to this story though, as there always seems to be. The story evolved around a CAIR press release. Yes, the same CAIR that was founded by people that at least at one time funded terrorist organizations. It must be nice to write a misleading press release and have it republished by the BBC without any editorial oversight, or so it appears.

Is the song really that bad? I submit that it isn’t and frankly, I am sick and tired of defending Marines from the vulchers that reside within some press organizations. The Marines should know that the entire world’s attention is on them and they must act better than normal citizens of any nation because higher standards have been placed upon them by those that wish to either discredit the Marine Corps or their mission. That said, it’s shameful a complete misrepresentation of the video taken out of context was issued as a press release in the first place, but that the editors in one well-known and historically supurb press organization and a one of the two top wire services in the world runs with the press release and seemingly loses the exact same context that press release also leaves out. Are we to believe either didn’t just regurgitate the release?

Hadji Girl -

The entire “dirka, dirka, jihad” line that’s straight out of the movie ‘Team America: World Police’ should give this whole thing away as comical relief.

:!!!: EXACTLY! Well done!

B0007Y08I8.01._PE58_.Team-America-World-Police-Special-Collectors-Widescreen-Edition._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dirka dirka Mohammed jihad, sherpa sherpa bakala

So it's okay to make a song about the Dirty Kuffar then?

You guys need to stop generalizing.

You all cry foul when most people claim all Muslims support terror, yet you have no problem generalizing the entire US military over one song?

Hypocrites.

I second.

These idiots on this forum who cheer at the death of Americans in Iraq deserve songs like this to be blasted in their faces. It's the same kind of rhetoric that they are unloading on Americans like myself and frankly I'm tired of it. I hate the idea of murdering civilians and clearly this song was not made to focus on that; this song was made to focus on stirring up anger among idiots like the mujahadeen supporters on this forum. I don't have one problem with this song because these soldiers are out there fighting against people even worse than Abdel on this forum and I know that if I were out there fighting people like Abdel I would make the most inflamatory things I could just to encite him to try to attack me so I could show him a piece of American .50 caliber reciprocity.

When the thousands who support the mujahadeen and label america as "kaffir" (however its spelled) stop their sweeping generalizations then maybe I'll start to show some more compassion but for right now I'd defend to the death every american soldier over the accusations and charges from anyone else; regardless.

I second.

These idiots on this forum who cheer at the death of Americans in Iraq deserve songs like this to be blasted in their faces. It's the same kind of rhetoric that they are unloading on Americans like myself and frankly I'm tired of it. I hate the idea of murdering civilians and clearly this song was not made to focus on that; this song was made to focus on stirring up anger among idiots like the mujahadeen supporters on this forum. I don't have one problem with this song because these soldiers are out there fighting against people even worse than Abdel on this forum and I know that if I were out there fighting people like Abdel I would make the most inflamatory things I could just to encite him to try to attack me so I could show him a piece of American .50 caliber reciprocity.

Abdel is a wuss, he's too much of a coward to fight.

The only way for him to fight is by flying a plane into a building, since he expressed support for 9/11 attackers.

When the thousands who support the mujahadeen and label america as "kaffir" (however its spelled) stop their sweeping generalizations then maybe I'll start to show some more compassion but for right now I'd defend to the death every american soldier over the accusations and charges from anyone else; regardless.

Ditto.

Apparently civilian deaths are funny. Especially when a Marine's indiscretions get him into to trouble and he shoves a child in front of a stream of bullets.

People don't seem to understand how the military works. Officers come from the middle class. They are generally more compassionate about other people. The grunts come from the lower classes. They were screw-ups, losers and drop outs. Or just not that intelligent. Generally. So this kind of "humor" is appealing to them. Especially since Iraqis' lives are so cheap to them.

Obviously you are a moron. Being happy about the deaths of occupation soldiers is a lot different (hint: victory vs. defeat) than laughing at the thought of throwing a child into the crossfire to save yourself. More dead soldiers means the US is losing (at least a little bit). More dead children means what?