Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous-Male

Spouse or child?

Rate this topic

Salam alikum,

If you were in an emergency situation where the lives of your spouse and your child were in danger, and hypothetically speaking you could save only one of them, then from the Islamic point of view, would you consider it more important to save your child or your spouse?

Maybe this has been discussed before? In that case, sorry for the redundancy.

-----

There seems to be some problem with the poll options...well, anyway!

Edited by -ZeinaB-

I think I just ruined your thread!

I'm so sorry, I was trying to edit the poll, and I did, but then it just disappeared when I saved the edit. I think you should make another thread on your topic, and I won't go near it, promise! :blush:

P.S- It's not letting me create another poll for you, I don't know why; Otherwise I would have done so.

Edited by -ZeinaB-

Everyone thank Zeinab for ruining the thread. :P Ok now...

Such situations only accur in movies, but let us ponder about it anyway.

If we do not involve emotion, then one chooses for the most logical choice. The most logical choice in such a situation is to save your husband/wife, and let your child die.

Just like one would not trade a cow for its milk, a money printer for money, etc. Besides that, a child has a guarantee of entrance to heaven.

If we do not involve emotion, then one chooses for the most logical choice. The most logical choice in such a situation is to save your husband/wife, and let your child die.

Just like one would not trade a cow for its milk, a money printer for money, etc. Besides that, a child has a guarantee of entrance to heaven.

(salam)

I heartily endorse your mtion about thanking sister Zeinab for ruining the thread.

I also thin, that like me, peole have time heavy on their hands . . .

id probably save my spouse, bcoz the child would go to heaven and if i saved the child i wouldnt want him/her to grow up with out a dad :blush:

ws

Edited by nice-eyes

(salam)

I think it will depend on what the relationship with your husband/wife was. I mean if one wasn't happy living with thier spouse, they'd choose thier child. This is just my opnion.

I think it would be hard not to involve emotions in such situations. Especially for mothers...

Wasalam

BintElShia

Edited by ~*~Bint~El-Shia~*~

If you were in an emergency situation where the lives of your spouse and your child were in danger, and hypothetically speaking you could save only one of them, then from the Islamic point of view, would you consider it more important to save your child or your spouse?

:(

Spouse

My view-point is subjective (non-Islamic)

It's implausible that we reach a rational conclusion in wake of such circumstances or choices. Emotions are one decisive factor.

(bismillah) (salam)

Agree completely......

Mostly its during childbirth that the life of one(mother or child) gets in danger.....other than that I cannot think of the situation :unsure:

I m female and there isn't any poll STILLl i'll go with I'll save my husband, anywayz who am i to save anyone its Allah(swt) who will save whomsoever he wants.....And he will alwayz do what is best for us. :angel:

Wassalam.

(salam)

i will definitely save my child & will regret my whole life not saving my wife .my wife will do exactly the opposite.& wat if i failed to save my child too ...............uhhhhhhh.....a single breath would then b difficult for me .

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't think people will have time or ability to always think logically and I personally beleive that its natural to want to save your child. I think any parent would insist that their children are saved over themselves. At the time of childbirth its different (for fathers)because you dont know the child yet but once its born, its instinctive of parents to do what they can to save them. I dont think you can compare this with cows and printers....

wasalaam

Edited by Ishq-e-Batool

The question is not silly. Situation analyses, pondering about everything that could or might occur, even if improbable, is something intelligent people do all the time.

Now let us discuss the more interesting side of this. Is there a right choice, and why? :D

In such a situation, the right choice is spouse (wife, in my case). I would save her first because she is someone else's amaanat (property) meaning she is someone else's daughter who i vowed to take care of in every situation. Though, it will be hurtful to loose a child, but it was an accident and inshallah we can make more..

Even during the labour situation when either the child or mother can be saved, i'd call for mother to be saved..

A silly question unless you tell us what kind of situation you are talking about. Have they faced an accident? Am I a doctor? is there no one else around? and so on. Obviously without having a specified situation everyone is going to SAVE the person they love most.

Besides, If such a situation occurs it becomes a strictly humanitarian issue. I am supposed to save the person who has a better chance of surviving.

Supposing they have faced an accident and are lying on the street with quite a lot of distance between them, I'll give first aid to the person nearer to me rather than wasting my time running to the far end of the street.

(bismillah)

(salam)

thanks for ur interesting topic.

At fisrt I must say that, real love and spouse is more important than other matters and marrige is based on real love and friendship between two person as holy dear Quran say.

so the mian base of marriage is not for child. If somebody marry for getting children only, I must say that such this person is in deep hole. :angry: :(

so , if after marriage dear Allah gives child to spouses they must try to treat with their child in best way and with their deep love for each other , teach the real taste of live to their child. :)

So the real islamic marriage never is never based on getting child and never somebody can compaires real love between her/his spouse with children.

Children must grow under the real love between their parents. :angel:

this is must imprtant point that , each spouses should pay attention to that and act like that. :wub:

"MAY DEAR Allah help us and all real muslims to learn real love and its effects in each face of live" :angel:

ELTEMASE DUA :angel: :wub:

fatemeh