In the Name of God بسم الله

Serious Question

Rate this topic

Zuljenah

• Advanced Member

Salaam

I was told by someone that if you live alone, Jinn are much more likely to visit you. And this someone ( :dry: ) also told me a story about his friend who saw Jinn in her house and she basically went insane after her experience.

So is this true, if you live alone that Jinn are more likely to vsiit you? Because I will be living alone starting in August :(

Also, if I get a rabbit, will that prevent Jinn from visiting? Cause I don't think I can afford a cat. Are there any animals that will make my apartment safer from Jinn or more vulnerable to Jinn?

Answers would be appreciated!

Thank you

Take care, ma'Salaama

ps--ANSWERS FROM RELIABLE PEOPLE ONLY! Like NoorFatima or Khorasani please. No jokers !! :mad: And sources would be appreciate as well. :) Thank you!

• Veteran Member

Oh God, you can't be serious?

I've lived alone for about 5 months, my dad already lives alone, and he has lived alone for many years before as well, Jinns don't just come and 'visit' you :dry:, I don't even know why I'm replying to this thread, I'm still laughing :lol:. Never heard of Jinns more likely to visit you while you are alone; what's a Jinn going to do come visit you in your apartment building while you are busy studying. Unless he wants to be your study buddy.

Also why would you rely on an animal :lol: (In this case Bugs Bunny) to help you from a Jinn. Just read Ayat-ul-Kursi, or recite Qur'an daily lol that should be good enough.

Edited by Ali_Imran

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) my dearest sister Zuljenah

Ur post crack me up ,really do u believe in such myth! no doubt the jinn is true as mentioned in quran &there is complet sorah abt jinn ,but i don`t think they like human so they live away from cities ,they r always in abandon places ,then be aware some kind of jinn similate themselves as pets like cats,rabbits :shaytan: so ....meuhahah.

Well,seriously ,I advice u a book of Allah which is most protector against bad non-muslim jinns ,also portraits with nice verses of quran like ayat al-kursy,sorat al-falq&sorat alnass ..definetly there won`t be any jinns around inshAllah ....iam sorry u gonna be alone ..but inshAllah Allah swt will be with u .

I really am eager to see jinn oneday ,ok ..i got a question in my mind .

Does mutah or marrying female jinn is permissible or not? :huh:

Edited by ahmed nasery

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I've heard that it's recommended one does not live alone. I've also heard that it's recommended to have pets such as birds so the jinn does not bother your children.

Though this seem to be an Islamic recommendation, I've not yet been able to verify it.

Wa'Salaam

(salam)

^^ hmm ive heard the same too. i hear that unoccupied rooms are a big problem in a house , its like inviting jinns and whatnot to come and stay (so dont move into an 80 room bungalow :P )

as for keeping pets, yeah i hear that they act as 'barriers' if thats the right word ie some of the bad things which were intended for you reach the animal instead (i know a loong story regarding a lady who was cast a spell on (si7r/witchcraft/blackmagic) to have problems during delivery and everytime she was expecting her cat was too, but it was her cat which had problems each time and finally died. when the cat died, she had problems and an aalim was called to pray for her and said the above ie that she had been spell bound and that the animal had been receiving it instead)

besides, keeping an animal (if u dont starve it) will earn you thawaab big time, and the animal will pray for you too.

oh and dont move next to a cemetery :P ( i know an awful lot of things which happen in houses next to cemeteries)

• Advanced Member

I can't remeber exactly who told me the story but I remeber some guy saying that his friend was living out for the first time, and every night he would wake up and he'd be on the floor. It was only when somebody else started staying with him did it stop.

Apparantly some say animals can see Jinns but I don't know if this is true or not.

• Advanced Member

There is a hadith from the Holy Prophet where he says to keep many animals in the house so that the devils are busy with them..

The recomeded animals to keep are pigeons, goats, sheeps and others I can't really remeber right now..

(bismillah)

yes i've heard my mom say tht its good to keep animals [esp. birds] in the house bcz in tht case the jinns [or devils/evil invisible thingies] are busy with them..so in tht case sis i wud advise yu to get yourself a nyce birdie..even if teh myth is not true..look on the bright side..yu'll have some company while yu're living alone.

and they say tht a place..even a house/apartment in a residential area, which is not occupied or used for along time is likely to serve as a home for jinns..and its quite difficult for ppl to start living in it again

i rally feel scared...i advise you to read quran dailyand wear a "taweez" of ayyat ul kursii..

inshallah Allah will protect yu :)

• Advanced Member
(salam)

^^ :dry: ...first try getting to know a living organism then go onto thinking about that :P

Wassalam

:D

(salam) iraqia uk

Ok they r living creatures( not organism) as well ,have look to quranic verses

(bismillah)

Al-Jinn [72:6]

æóÃóäøóåõ ßóÇäó ÑöÌóÇáñ ãøöäó ÇáúÅöäÓö íóÚõæÐõæäó ÈöÑöÌóÇáò ãøöäó ÇáúÌöäøö ÝóÒóÇÏõæåõãú ÑóåóÞðÇ

72:6 'True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly

it means there is female jins as well since it mentioned men from jinn(rejal ,is plural of rajol which means man)

Since there r muslim jinns :

Al-Jinn [72:14]

æóÃóäøóÇ ãöäøóÇ ÇáúãõÓúáöãõæäó æóãöäøóÇ ÇáúÞóÇÓöØõæäó Ýóãóäú ÃóÓúáóãó ÝóÃõæúáóÆößó ÊóÍóÑøóæúÇ ÑóÔóÏðÇ

72:14 'Amongst us are some that submit their wills (to Allah., and some that swerve from justice. Now those who submit their wills - they have sought out (the path) of right conduct:

So why not somebody marry female jinns ,she might looks like miss world LOL

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Not a good idea!........I don't think you can do much with a jinn.......how about kids? :dry:

Get the idea out of your head!

Wassalam

hahahaha :D I can`t stop thinking abt LOl ..no worries abt kids ,she gonna take contraceptive ,but may don`t work on jinns body LOL

then u don`t know how fast jinns move ..she gonna cook &do all house works withen seconds ..she gonna do lot of favours for me without being visible by anybody wow fantastic

An-Naml [27:39]

ÞóÇáó ÚöÝúÑíÊñ ãøöäó ÇáúÌöäøö ÃóäóÇ ÂÊöíßó Èöåö ÞóÈúáó Ãóä ÊóÞõæãó ãöä ãøóÞóÇãößó æóÅöäøöí Úóáóíúåö áóÞóæöíøñ Ãóãöíäñ

27:39 Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."

Edited by ahmed nasery

• Advanced Member
Get a bird that can't fly (like a chicken)

Gte this in ur patio

rundoor_large.gif

Keeps the Jinns away and u get eggs for breakfast.

In my apartment, we aren't even allowed to have pets. If I get a cat, it would cost $30 extra a month for rent. But of course if I get a cat, I'd hide it from them :Hijabi: But still, cats are expensive and I don't think I can afford one, unless I have a job there too, so we'll see!

So I was thinking of getting a rabbit. Or a bird. But chickens, no can do. If I get a bird, I'd love to get a cockatoo InshAllah ! Do you think its hard to take care of a cockatoo? or expensive? I hear they make wonderful companions!!

• Advanced Member
So I was thinking of getting a rabbit. Or a bird. But chickens, no can do. If I get a bird, I'd love to get a cockatoo InshAllah ! Do you think its hard to take care of a cockatoo? or expensive? I hear they make wonderful companions!!

Yeah they are supposed to be good but because they are fairly intelligent they can bear permenet grudges. If you get off on the wrong foot with ur cokatoo then its likely it'll hate u for life. (Theres a couple of things u can do to get round this though)

• Advanced Member

Found this site: http://exoticpets.about.com/od/cockatoos/p/cockatoos.htm

I think I will InshAllah get a cockatoo. They are very affectionate! :wub: And can live to be up to 80 years old! :o InshAllah I will get one and treat it wonderfully :wub:

^^(salam)

:D Trust you to come up with something practical! :)

Wa`Salaam

:wub:

You need to treat your cockatoo as a companion rather than just a pet. They form very strong bonds with their owners and will love you so much that they may even resent you showing affection to anyone else, be it a family member or another pet. Your cockatoo may even come to regard you as a mate.

:wub: :wub: This bird sounds PERFECT for me :wub:

Yes, cockatoos can make good pets for the right people. However, there are few perspective 'parrot people' that make a good match for these demanding birds.

Before you do anything else, DO YOUR RESEARCH! Read the books, read the web pages and speak to people who own or have owned cockatoos (first hand experience is the best advice you will get!) You might think you can take one on, but can you really? Will you be being fair to the parrot? It's so sad that people don't realise what they're getting themselves into when they buy a cockatoo and sooner or later pass the bird onto someone else because they can no longer stand the screeming, the destroyed furniture, the dust, or they feel they 'don't have the time' for the bird anymore. It's a story I have heard many many times. The poor bird doesn't deserve to be passed around like an object because people don't know what they're doing. I thought I could take on a a large cockatoo but I'm so glad I chose a different species of parrot, because now that I often spend some length of time with Pearl the U2, I have realised how unsuited to that species I was, and how unpopular with my family I would have been! Luckily for me, I hadn't left it too late to realise that! Unlike many people.

Gosh, I would love to get a cockatoo, but I will have to leave it alone for a few hours when I go to class :cry: what to do... I want an affectionate pet like a cockatoo and I can see us having many fun times together playing games... :cry: What to do...

• Advanced Member

Cockatoos normally don't like small children. I have seen otherwise "normal" cockatoos attack small children for no reason.

http://www.mytoos.com/main.shtml

Your cockatoo may even come to regard you as a mate.

Well I guess if u never find Mr. Darcy...

Edited by Bollywood_Hero

• Advanced Member

Holy [Edited Out] :o The bird can cost over $1000 ?!?!?! I can't even afford that!!! :cry:

Cockatoos normally don't like small children. I have seen otherwise "normal" cockatoos attack small children for no reason.

http://www.mytoos.com/main.shtml

Well I guess if u never find Mr. Darcy...

lol, exactly :wub:

I'm doing a lot of reading... But if the bird costs over $200, I can't afford to get it :huh: That's just too much for a bird.

• Advanced Member

Ok...I've been reading about cockatoos for the past half hour or so, and I've decided I can't afford one. The cage alone can cost up to $800, and I can't transport the bird to my house during winter breaks. *sigh*

Ok... so out goes the cockatoo :cry;

perhaps a cat would be better. Relative to a cockatoo, cheaper too in the short run.