Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I won't be doing Nade Ali Kabeer dua anymore

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

The reason I would be doing dua Nade Ali anymore

1) Ayatollah Khui and some other ulema have considered it not authentic

2) Prophet Muhammed has said: "Ask your heart regarding it. Piety is that which contents the soul and comforts the heart, and sin is that which causes doubts and perturbs the heart, even if people pronounce it lawful and give you verdicts on such matters again and again.''

3) Hasan bin `Ali (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I have retained these words of Messenger of Allah (pbuh), "Leave what causes you doubt and turn to what does not cause you doubt.''

Because of number 1, I began to doubt it

1 + my own previous doubts (after reading the translation of it) + 2 + 3 = me not doing Dua Nade Ali anymore

However, I'd like you hear someone your opinion :)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

When we have Collection of duas like Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya , Sahifa-Kamilah, Sahifa Alawiyah, Dua e Kumayl etc etc, why do we need to read Duas which are not authentic ?

ÅöíøóÇßó äóÚúÈõÏõ æÅöíøóÇßó äóÓúÊóÚöíäõ

Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.

wsalam.

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

When we have Collection of duas like Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya , Sahifa-Kamilah, Sahifa Alawiyah, Dua e Kumayl etc etc, why do we need to read Duas which are not authentic ?

wsalam.

(bismillah)

(salam)

which ones are the sahifa kamilah an sahifa alawiya? i haven't heard those names before.

(salam)

• Veteran Member
do you have any authtentic references to the ulema you are taling?? Give Authentic Reference else just keep your mouth shut!

:D yay, a typical muslim respond

maybe if you took 5 minutes of your time to do a quick a search in this forum, you'd see your own references.

Edited by SoRoUsH
  • Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

which ones are the sahifa kamilah an sahifa alawiya? i haven't heard those names before.

(salam)

Sahifa kamilah is actually part of Sahifa al-Sajjadiya , htp://al-islam.org/sahifa/

and this is Al-Sahifa e Alaviya (Duas by Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib) :

http://www.duas.org/alaviya/

w/s

Edited by coloreal
  • Advanced Member
Sahifa kamilah is actually part of Sahifa al-Sajjadiya , htp://al-islam.org/sahifa/

and this is Al-Sahifa e Alaviya (Duas by Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib) :

http://www.duas.org/alaviya/

w/s

(bismillah)

(salam)

jazakum Allah khaiyr brother/sister...

Im definately looking forward to going through and reading these dua;a...

so in conclusion readin dua'a nad-e-Ali is not right???

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

here are more :

Sahifa Razavia and Sahifa's by other Imams (as) : http://www.duas.org/Sahraz/razavia.htm

---

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

As u wish Brother......But I wont leave reading it. :)

Wassalam.

(bismillah)

wsalam.

MashaAllah we have great duas of Ahlulbayt (as) and the best book "The book of Allah Almighty-The Holy Quran" so this dua won't deceive my Iman Inshallah(My Opinion)

I don't doubt it. :)

Wassalam.

• Advanced Member

asaalamu alaykum

becoz the ulema have deemed doubt of it authenticity , one shud either avoid it or look into its autheticity him/her self otherwise you cannot say its authentic or unauthentic sooo i say better safe than sorry

my opinion ^

fe amanillah

• Advanced Member
asaalamu alaykum

becoz the ulema have deemed doubt of it authenticity , one shud either avoid it or look into its autheticity him/her self otherwise you cannot say its authentic or unauthentic sooo i say better safe than sorry

my opinion ^

fe amanillah

I think Ulema never said not to recite it........Please if anyone has ever asked the question to any Ayatullah, then it will be much helpful :)

Wassalam.

Guest SayedM'sSister

(bismillah)

(salam)

Many olama say that dua al tawasul is also not authentic, however does it really matter if somebody recited this dua before? the dua itself is very powerful and if it doesn belong to somebody from the past make it your dua, insha'Allah any pure heartedly said dua will bring you hasanat.

• Advanced Member
asaalamu alaykum

my opinion ^

fe amanillah

(salam)

Even if we recite the dua'a, what's the harm? Dua'a is invoking Allah through wasila of the Ma'asoomeen (as).

Your personal dua'a is also a prayer. How authentic is that?

• Advanced Member
I don't know abt u guys but every time I read it I feel like all my problems r solved!!! I really love this dua and never doubted it once and inshahallah I never will

Same here.

(bismillah)

Nade Aliyyan mazhar al-ajaib

Tajidahu auman lakafin-nawaib

Kullu hammin wa ghammin

sayanj-i Ali Bi azmatik-a ya Allahu

bi nabuwatika ya Muhammad

bi wilayatika, Ya Ali! Ya Ali! Ya Ali! Adrikni!

It's beautiful!! :wub: I don't see anything wrong with reciting the dua even if its authenticity isn't confirmed.

Edited by Chronic
  • Advanced Member

yeh i agree its very beautiful

its soo strange that we guys the pakistanis have been tryin to prove its authenticity through majalis and now i come to know that a lot of ulemas have said that it snt authentic

strange isnt it??

• Site Administrators
(bismillah)

wsalam.

(salam)

This is not the precise translation of the Arabic verse.

This is how its supposed to be:

Iyaka Na' budu : We practise your worship [ Urdu: Hum tumhari hi Ibadat kertay hain ]

Wa'Iyaka Nasta'een: and we seek your help. [urdu: Aur Tumhari hi madad chahtay hain ]

And Maula Ali is definitely the help of Allah, Authority of Allah, Hand of Allah, Nafs of Allah, Ism of Allah.... He is the source of guidance ( after Our Muhammad P.b.u.H ) sent by Allah to Mankind.

It is a completely wrong ideology ( and contradictory to that of shia school of thought ) that help should only be asked from Allah and not from Ali a.s since He is "Ghair Allah " i-e other than Allah. An authority sent by Allah is not classified as 'other than Allah'; instead, it is 'from Allah' i-e Bi Amrillah.

Can any Muslim in this world claim that He worships pure and direct, GOD only i-e without involving authorities of Allah ? Can any shia, here, tell me what picture does He or She keep in mind when reading Salaat ? Is it the Kaaba ? If yes, Kaaba is also Ghair Allah. If it is names of Allah, then Names of Allah are also not Allah but 'other than Allah' in literal sense. And based on this concept, there is no difference between a Hindu worshipping Bhagwaan and a Muslim worshipping Kaaba.

But how exactly do we establish this difference between others and Muslims ? It is because we use authorities of Allah to worship Allah. Literally, Kaaba is other than Allah but ideologically it is 'from Allah'. Similarly, names of Allah are not Allah themselves but we recite them to worship Allah because they are chosen by Allah ; they are 'from Allah'.

Similarly, Ali is 'from Allah', the authority chosen by Allah and the authority most closest to Allah ( after Our Muhammad P.b.u.H ). How can one even think of worshipping or submitting before Allah without the use of authorities of Allah?

Our shia bretheren need to read Tafasir e Ehlul Bait and their Supplications. It is Maula Ali a.s who is the Salaat of Every Momin. And Quran says:

" And seek help from Sabr and Salaat, and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones. Baqra 45 "

Even if someone is not willing to believe that Maula Ali is the Salaat of every momin, still in that case, the dhahiri Salaat ( known to everyone ) is ' other than Allah ' as per opposition's definition.

Fi-Amanillah

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

Hmm. That is very interesting. It is believed that Muhammad (saw) recited this Dua when he needed Imam Ali (as) during a battle. I can't remember what battle though, but I do remember that all 3 stooges ran away, and imam Ali (as) came to help the prophet (saw) as usual.

how can it than not be authentic? It has been given to us by the Imam's (as) as far as i remember.

Ma Salaam

Sayyid Ali Naqvi

• Advanced Member

yes i believe it was during Battle of Khaibar the prophet called Imam Ali to come to the battlefield.

everything in the dua is true and makes sense. so whats the problem? do u really think Imam Ali will not help u if u read it?

• 4 years later...

(salam)

As a shia since Im born ,I have never never heard about Nadi ali doua ......what is it ? where can I find it?

:unsure: But i already heard about nade ali song ...we sing it and clap our hand every year at eid al-ghadeer in our mosque ,it starts like this ''Nade Aliyyan mazhar al-ajaibTajidahu auman lakafin-nawaib''

It's a SONG , not a dua ! .

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

(bismillah) (salam)

Now a days what isn't right? Questioning dua kumayl, hadith e kisa.. I appreciate the information but I don't think such a dua would go on after the occulation of Imam without a big Scholar emphasizing the fact that it isn't authenctic. Anyways Sahifa Al-Sajjadiyya is filled with great prayers. The prayers are so beautiful that it has made people convert from the sheer beauty of it an example being Sheik Jehad Ismael. Do what your heart says is right.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

2) Prophet Muhammed has said: "Ask your heart regarding it. Piety is that which contents the soul and comforts the heart, and sin is that which causes doubts and perturbs the heart, even if people pronounce it lawful and give you verdicts on such matters again and again.''

3) Hasan bin `Ali (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I have retained these words of Messenger of Allah (pbuh), "Leave what causes you doubt and turn to what does not cause you doubt.''

1 + my own previous doubts (after reading the translation of it) + 2 + 3 = me not doing Dua Nade Ali anymore

RE: ‏

Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 10:17:29 PM

To: '-----------------------------------------

Asslamoalaikum please reply me the following questions at earliest because i remain waiting for the answers. Some of the questions i asked twice but did not get the answer.

1. While offering Salam to Imam e Zaman (a.s) in the mosque, i bowed my neck and turned myself near to Raku condition (not exactly raku) as a respect of Imam (a.s)(May My life be sacrificed on Him a.s). A elderly momin their told me later that this is not allowed as it is Shirk. I told him that i was not prostrating (Sajda). I was just bowing my back bit in respect of Imam (a.s). Is it allowed to do so or i should not do it?

2. There are many prayers like Istaghasa Syeda Zahra (a.s), Istaghasa Ghazi Abbas Alamdar (a.s) and many more where there are certain supplications and then prayer with the niyat of Istaghasa Syeda Zehra (a.s) etc. Are these prayers allowed? I am asking this because there are many writings in the mosque about these prayers in the mosque (Imamia Masjid Samanabad, Lahore)

3. Some people say that "Nad e Ali (a.s)" is not authentic and we should refrain from reciting it. Is it true?

Please feel free to answer. I want honest view by you. I know many scholars do not answer because of this fear that many people will not agree with them but i am not one of them. I honestly want guidance.

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

1- the narration mentions the imam (as.) stood up and put his hand on the

head

2- there is no problem in that

3- there is no problem in reciting that

Wassalamu Alaykum

This is reply by Ayatollah Ali Sistani (Hz).

Edited by Aabiss_Shakari

(salam)

well done brother

this dua goes against the spirit of tawhid and tashayu without a doubt.

• Advanced Member

Not one dua in the quran was asked to other than Allah. Even shaytan asked Allah and Allah granted his wish.

Leave this innovation as fast as you can, and don't listen to anyone who tells you it is permissible, even if it is a scholar. If a doctor tells you to jump into the fire to cure your disease, would you follow him just because he's a doctor? Are scholars capable of changing haram into halal? Dajjals are all over the place, and people have made it obligatory to never question their motives. Almost a form of worship.

Some people don't trust Allah enough, or believe that other than Allah is all hearing, all knowing and capable of helping you. Some people here are ridiculous that they need to compare Allah to creation in order to make this practice sound correct. May Allah save us from the different forms of shirk. All your duas have to be made to Allah only, dua is the essence of worship.

Leave it in the fire where it belongs.

• Advanced Member

Even shaytan asked Allah and Allah granted his wish.

Interesting that one, since Shaytan asked "Fa bi'zzatika" so he was using the honour of Allah as a waseela, and Allah granted him. Yet you fundementally continue to misunderstanding the meaning of waseela.

• Advanced Member

Interesting that one, since Shaytan asked "Fa bi'zzatika" so he was using the honour of Allah as a waseela, and Allah granted him. Yet you fundementally continue to misunderstanding the meaning of waseela.

Shaytan was still adressing Allah in his wording and he was directing the dua to Allah.

You're confusing using the honor of a thing in a supplication and calling upon someone other than Allah.

"Ya Allah, for my love of Muhammad" is different than "Ya Muhammad, so and so"

In the first case, I wasn't adressing anyone other than Allah both in my intention and my wording

the second case you're adressing Muhammad and not Allah, in your intention and your wording.

Try again.

Edited by fallah
  • Advanced Member

Shaytan was still adressing Allah in his wording and he was directing the dua to Allah.

You're confusing using the honor of a thing in a supplication and calling upon someone other than Allah.

"Ya Allah, for my love of Muhammad" is different than "Ya Muhammad, so and so"

In the first case, I wasn't adressing anyone other than Allah both in my intention and my wording

the second case you're adressing Muhammad and not Allah, in your intention and your wording.

Try again.

You don't know the intention of the people, so be silent.

Answer me this: why did Allah sent 124,000 people, do you believe that Allah was not capable of delivering his message directly to each one of us?

Edited by Socrates
  • Advanced Member

You don't know the intention of the people, so be silent.

So why are you not silent when people praise Yazid, maybe they were calling on Allah through Muhammad, just like you call Ali and expect us to believe that you are calling Allah.

There are certain things that do not need intention to be called haram, such as making dua to other than Allah, bowing down to a statue, fasting for Vishnu, paying zakat to glorify Buddha, saying that one is god, insulting Allah, etc.

Answer me this: why did Allah sent 124,000 people, do you believe that Allah was not capable of delivering his message directly to each one of us?

Don't compare creation to the Creator. Allah does what He wills, while you are to respect the commands of Allah. If He says it is shirk to call on other than Him, you shut up and obey.

Instead of asking a question to why Allah does things the way He does, you should have asked "Why did Allah create" it would have summed up the position that we are not to Question Allah's ways, rather we will be the ones questioned by Allah. Stick to the quran and leave your cultural practices and stop mixing Islam with superstitions derived from a culture that was exposed to polytheists all over it's history.

• Advanced Member

So why are you not silent when people praise Yazid,

Because Imam Ja'far Sadiq (as) ordered me to disassociate with him and his ilk. As for people who praise him, I glad they do, because it exposes their real position that they are on the side of baatil and opposed to the Holy Prophet (pbuh).

Don't compare creation to the Creator. Allah does what He wills, while you are to respect the commands of Allah. If He says it is shirk to call on other than Him, you shut up and obey.

Instead of asking a question to why Allah does things the way He does, you should have asked "Why did Allah create" it would have summed up the position that we are not to Question Allah's ways, rather we will be the ones questioned by Allah. Stick to the quran and leave your cultural practices and stop mixing Islam with superstitions derived from a culture that was exposed to polytheists all over it's history.

I thought you might come out with the typical wahhabi bile. You can't even answer a simple question yet you consider yourself an expert on tawheed and shirk and do not hesitate doing takfir on people while you don't even understand the most basic of concepts.

I believe in a religion that has all the answers. You clearly don't.

Edited by Socrates
  • Advanced Member
you should have asked "Why did Allah create"

actually oddly enough, I did ask this question, and it led to the absolute most beautiful aqeeda and the utmost of yaqeen in all things in this beautiful religion (shia islam)

perhaps this is a question you yourself should explore

Fi Aman Allah

Edited by GhulameSayyeda
  • Advanced Member

actually oddly enough, I did ask this question, and it led to the absolute most beautiful aqeeda and the utmost of yaqeen in all things in this beautiful religion (shia islam)

perhaps this is a question you yourself should explore

Fi Aman Allah

He will never explore this question because using aql is haraam in his aqeedah. But as you say those who do explore it reach the depths of ma'arifat that not everyone can achieve.

May Allah save us from an aqeedah which devoid of aql.

Edited by Socrates