In the Name of God بسم الله

am i iraqi or half iraqi?

Rate this topic

explore

• Advanced Member

salam alaikum i was wondering about how this works if my parents are born in iraq and mostly everyone from their family as well and my siblings were born in iran and stayed there for 8 years but didn't get iranian citizenship what would that make me? if people were born in a different country of their parents background.

like if an indian guy was born in Canada and you look at him you wouldn't think he's Canadian right?

so please any smart person knows this lol

• Advanced Member
salam alaikum i was wondering about how this works if my parents are born in iraq and mostly everyone from their family as well and my siblings were born in iran and stayed there for 8 years but didn't get iranian citizenship what would that make me? if people were born in a different country of their parents background.

like if an indian guy was born in Canada and you look at him you wouldn't think he's Canadian right?

so please any smart person knows this lol

salam,

No it will still make him Indian. Because his parents are indian. It all goes back to your families country. Like i was born in Liberia(in africa) but my parents are Lebanese, so im still lebanese im not Liberian. Im sure even tho you dont get citizenship to prove it,you will still be what your parents are.

If anyone has a better explaination, feel free to correct me :)

• Advanced Member

something else came to my mind, why is it that a person is the same nationality or culture background as their parents and the children are born somewhere else. also what would my children be then if my parents are iraqi and im born in iran??

this national thing is really confusing how is it determined?? for the parents the children and the grandchildren...(can't breath)

• Advanced Member

Your full Iraqi

It all goes back to where your parents originate from. It has nothing to do with where you lived or where born.

Also as far as being concidered Iranian, you are not concidered Iranian unless either your father is Iranian or you husband (which in my opinion is stupid)

However, if you would like to concider your self iranian or what ever else, then go ahead and to so. Theres nothing wrong with it

• Advanced Member

I think you are supposed to be what ever your ancestors on your dad's side are... ethnically speaking, but you can always be iraqi with a different citezanship. So if you had kids who are born in canada, they r still iraqi, and then if they had kids in pakistan, they r still iraqi. It also depends on the culture you follow, do you talk iraqi at home and eat iraqi food? At the end you chose, but answering these questions would help

Guest iraqi_jewel

you are full iraqi as stated before because you dad is iraqi

Like for example my dad is from najaf and my mom from baghdad and soo what the kids are considered are najafyian

not baghdad even though we were born there

just like when u are born you take your dads last name not mom

Guest iraqi_jewel

wise muslim your alsoo full iraqi

your dad is najafii and i dont know wht your mom is

and you have all your family in iraq and your parents are in iraq right now

so stop pretending to be a pakistani lahan anyii inta iraqi wa nous damick iraqi eftea eyonick

eftaa eyouin aliraq :P

(salam)

you are full iraqi as stated before because you dad is iraqi

Like for example my dad is from najaf and my mom from baghdad and soo what the kids are considered are najafyian

not baghdad even though we were born there

just like when u are born you take your dads last name not mom

I don't think that's right, I don't say i'm half half....I'm not saying it's your fault or anything but that's just the way it goes and I hate it especially with the Iraqis...so yeah :)

Wassalam

• Veteran Member

My ancestors are from Saudi Arabia, migrated to Persian areas, then migrated to Punjab of Pakistan, my dad's from a village which is now destroyed, my mom was his next door neighbour, I was born in Islamabad, I grew up in Jeddah and Riyadh, and now I am finishing high school in Toronto.

What am I?

Edited by Ali_Imran

• Advanced Member

(salam)

:!!!: All the TEAM r here!!

ok guys i`ll explain myself as iraqi ibn iraqi ..well

iam from mosul city which is very very civilized city in the world ..but i live in small village 5 miles away from the city centre my dad&mom r both born their but they both come from an arab trib .very ancient arabic trib my dad`s clan is called 3ageedythis clan mainly in syria but also all over the iraq as well ..like in ramady city..baghdad but mainly in mosul .my mum`s clan called ziheeratalso all over iraqs but mainly in mosul city

i was told that my dad`s clan 3igeedaat its tree belong to ameerol momineen Ali bn aby Talib (as) but not sure so we don`t call ourself as sayed.

But for sure my grand grand father at time there were no borders between countries had come from Syria from city called Deer-azzor still so many 3ageedy clans there even the mayor of all clans which is all over arabs country (Jazeerah arabeyia) is living in Syria in Deer-azzor city .

So am i iraqi? :Hijabi:

• Advanced Member
Ahmed, I think you are Syrian.

No natalie ..cos those arab tribs&clans all over jazeerah arabia it means it means there r such tribs in other Gulf countries ..its not just in Syria ..i gave u details of like hundernds of year .iam 100%Iraqi &never ever Imagine to be other than Iraqi..actually iam PURE arab despite my mother`s tongue isn`t arabic :D .

Edited by ahmed nasery

• Advanced Member
this is SO weird! in the US people can call themselves whatever they self-identify as! you mean there are rules to who you are? does that mean I'm Californian, even though I've never been to California? My mother grew up there. Or maybe I'm German, since some of my ancestors came from there. . . . or am I Welsh? or English?

I just want to be human. Why do you have to segregate yourselves so much?

It's an iranian phenomenon :wacko: , otherwise in most other countries they consider you iraqi, american maltese or whatever just like you were saying and actually give you a normal citizenship!!!

Edited by Someone

• Advanced Member
My mum is a Hobbit and my dad is an Orc, they say you are what you eat so lucky i don't eat pork.

I eat fish, what am I?

Umm...lets see...I don't what you are but.....in whichever case you're most definately NOT considered iranian! :!!!: :!!!:

:lol:

Edited by Someone