Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
habib e najjaar

Poll: NIQAB

Rate this topic

(bismillah) (salam)

"I wear one and think its a personal choice"

I live in a muslim country so may be its not that hard....still I feel extremely blessed to live in muslim country as it safes me from many problems which some women living in non-muslim countries face. :)

I live in a Muslim Country, lol, but never even considered wearing one. I know many people that do wear it, i mean loadz of ppl here wear it, but they just do it to protect their skin from the sun :lol: they wear it sumtimes and take it off the others. umm and oh ya bcz men here have staring problems, so its nice to put sumthing over ur face to prevent men from staring at u :lol: its ew, or just don't go to the souqs :angel: , i mean i know ppl that just wear their niqab for the souqs but otherwise don't wear one.

I think men all over the world have staring prob...Don't u think that way??

I'm not as bpretty as her and I live in a society where women show thier chests so the men aren't looking at my EYES.

:D

Wassalam.

I think men all over the world have staring prob...Don't u think that way??

:D

Wassalam.

Iam pretty sure women staring at each other more than men do stare at them :wacko: iam curious to know why?

yeah, got it :D lil hijabi :P

How about trying the shuttlecock burqua . . . the kind the Taliban filth made mandatory in Afghanistan

hmmm... :Hijabi: good idea

hehe, well for all the bad vibe i've heard about it, it doesnt look bad to me,*shrug* but i guess its a personal thing.

Yeah, quite personal . . . as in choosing a donkey for travel when you can fly . . .

I voted "I am thinking of starting".It is my (future)hubby(shia from Algeria) who has made me VERY interested in it cause he supports niqaab soooo much.I really admire the women who use it and inshallah I get the courage to start when he comes here or when we inshallah move to Algeria.He often encourages me to start using it.He REALLY likes that I start to use it but he does NOT pressure me or nags.Just encourages me in a VERY nice and friendly and little funny way...I have never seen a shia using it here in Norway,only salafia/wahhabi.Sometimes I can't wait about starting...hehe.I look forward to start actually.The problems are my oldest kids.They have said that if I start with it they don't wanna walk together with me.But the more I think about using niqab the more i want to start using it.

Edited by ummleyla

So please niqaabis in the forum , contact me by email(says in my profile) or send me PM so I get some more encouragements from niqaabis also to start with this,not only from my hubby.

^Its good your husband encourages it ummleyla... while I was married I mentioned wearing it to my husband and he was like noooo way. I think somehow he associated it with being "wahhabi." So I never pursued it further. Now I think I need some PMs from sisters to convince me to even wear hijab... im a mess.. lol

The women who use it here are mostly from Somalia actually.Not many arabs.There were a couple Norwegian converts who used it before but not anymore.They were married to Libyan men(but both are divorced from them).One of them didn't really support his wife to use it either.Here it's bit difficult to use the niqab,especially if you are alone without husband(my hubby lives in Libya).

I started with hijab step by step in 1993 but permanently in 1994.I started with hijab 3 month before I lerned how to pray to get used to having it.Now I would feel naked out without it.I don't understand those who have used it for years suddenly throws it and don't use it anymore.One authorhere has done it andwent out to edia telling why she did it.This author talked SO nice about the hijab before.

Before I conciderated niqab as wahabi but my hubby told me niqaab is actually from shia,not sunni...He as been sunni before.I look forward to start using it though.Will be a little unusual in beginning but inshallah I will get used to it and like it.

Edited by ummleyla

I don't wear one, but I love them... if i was in a different life situation, I would love to take on the niqab inshallah. I think that it is a confirmed sunnah of Fatima (not sure the appropriate thing to say after mentioning her name... I apologize... ) I am new to becoming a shi'a... but even before this "second conversion" I had this knowledge and this feeling. I also look at it this way... In a class, a person will do whatever they can to get the highest score possible on their exams. They would also do any extra credit to ensure that they will have enough points to get an "A"... should we not be concerned with our test in this life? Should we not constantly be "studying" to have full knowledge? should we not do more than the bare minimum required... don't we want to ace this test? I look at things like niqab as extra credit... why would you criticize someone for doing as much as they possibly can for the sake of Allah swt? Isn't the ultimate goal to make it to jannah? We should not be concerned with petty and trivial things and should not look down on the sisters who choose to do this extra step... we should support them and encourage them... and we should never look at a commandment from Allah as a burden, nor any of the Prophet's (saw) sunnahs as burdens either... astagfirullah...

I dont wear one. I dont mind if women wear it in an Arabic/Islamic society but I dont think women need to wear it in a Western society. Almost all women who wear one here in Holland are wahabi, I dont think niqab is a common thing in Shia communities. I wore one once when I visited Iraq, not at all places though, because it was necessery (men can be so annoying there) but I would never wear one in Europe.

Edited by Iraqiah_Shia

Since i have just moved to riyadh i have seen many ladies wearing Niqab( may b the place demands it ).....i sumhow associate it more with the wahabbism( i may b wrong thou). I havent starting wearing niqab as yet......but u never knw :unsure:

Since i have just moved to riyadh i have seen many ladies wearing Niqab( may b the place demands it ).....i sumhow associate it more with the wahabbism( i may b wrong thou). I havent starting wearing niqab as yet......but u never knw :unsure:

I understand why u would think that..but it is wrong. I know many Shia ladies who cover their whole faces. If I'm not mistaken, Fatima Zahra (as) , the Prophet's wives had this form of hijab.

salam

i dont normally wear it..but when i go pakistan i do simply because of the culture and the family are like you are SYED so you like HAVE to cover your face ..

and we would get into trouble if we dont. i personally wear it because of societies staring problems too. but i have argued against it many times,

i dont agree with your eyes showing ..i have said to them look, i will cover my face full or show my full face. half isnt acceptable for me coz Eyes are one fo the most

attractive part of most women, the fact that the eyes are showing just gives men more of a chance to look at her eyes simply because only

they are showing. My sister came home one day from school saying that her man teacher was taking about niqab. he said he once saw this girl and BADLY wanted to see her face..what if he riipped it off?. and there actually have been MANY instances where womens veils were just pulled off by non-muslims..so society is vital also..

Another thing is that ive seen some girls in niqab who have full eye make-up and green eyes...then niqab..im like why?! but it could be argued that it doesnt apply to everybody. it is not compulsory niqab itself i mean as far as my knowlede goes. Some people have good intentions and may Allah reward them.. And yup ive seen a girl who covers her WHOLE face AND WEAR gloves now thats woah..lucky her mashAllah. here, in England thats almost impossible due to I.D. purposes etc. if i chose to cover then it would be my whole face.

I dont have the right to judge people nor am i coz i dont know whats in the heart.., this is based on personal exp.. some of you may agree ..some may not. but hey..thats life :)..

Salam aliakum sisters!

I am new to ShiaChat.com as well as a newly reverted muslim. I have worn niqab a few times and must say that I really do love it. I leave my eyes uncovered, mostly because I have vision problems and can't actually function in any useful capacity if they're even lightly veilled, but also because I live in Canada and eye contact is essential when communicating in public. Shopkeepers are nervous when I go into a store wearing niqab but if I smile and they can see that smile in my eyes they are much more at ease.

Other Shias in my community say that I shouldn't wear it because people will think I'm wahabi :squeez: or give Muslims a bad reputation but I think that it's important that the women that feel they wish to wear it to do so. People will always have their opinions and sometimes those opinions will be bad or incorrect, however, we will never be able to change those opinions, or even try to change those opinions, unless we are out there, in our niqabs, being the best, most respectful & polite, Allah-fearing Muslimas that we can be.

That said, I almost never wear a black niqab. Usually, I just wear a coloured hijab to go with my clothes that day and then pull it across my face. People seem to be less discouraged when you have colour around you.

In The Name of Allah The Beneficent The Merciful

May peace and His blessing be upon Prophet Muhammad and his pure progeny

salam to all :)

i see this topic as very interesting one. why?? Because , i don't know, all of sudden, i find myself having this urge within me to wear niqab recently :) and i do realize that i love to see woman wearing niqab, they look so nice (in term of modesty), and i can feel as if my heart is blooming and can't stop smiling (feeling happy looking at the way they try to be modest) :) :)

so yep, day by day, i can feel the urge to wear niqab increasing, and yeah i try to search for reasons why i have this feeling, and i've found several reasons ,

no.1 : i feel comfortable, not actually comfortable, but very2 comfortable when i wear niqab, hmm..why..?well...maybe because i feel that whenever i go out people may stare at me (i don't mind woman, but non-mahram men) - my face is not beautiful nor ugly, but i feel more comfortable to cover them up, in other word i have this feeling that "i don't feel comfortable people look at me esp non-mahram men) how do i know they are looking at me?? oh my, i have this 6th sense i would say :) so scary...

no. 2 : shy ..? yeah, i think feeling shy also is one of the reasons especially when i'm in public , you know, having non-mahram men, but even cousins, relatives, i don't know why, but i have this feeling to stay in my room, so that people may not look at my face, if you ask me, why i'm feeling so shy..?then, i guess it just natural for a lady to feel shy esp. in front of men :)

no. 3 :when i wear niqab, i feel so....... happy! maybe because 80% of my worry has been erased by wearing niqab. you know, no need for me to bother whether people are looking at me or not, no need for me to feel shy anymore, no need for me to hide myself somewhere coz i'm FREE! :) is this feeling weird? :)

and whenever i wear niqab instead of busy myself thinking about what other people think about me, about my face etc etc, now i find myself in total peace just thinking about how to please my Lord , and wearing niqab remind me as well to be modest, watch out my behaviour, i don't know, but i'm afraid of the evil within me, i realize the fact that i'm friendly with everyone, smiling all the time, alhamdulillah being friendly is good, smiling is charity, but i tell myself , "Siti, be careful, your character may cause others to fall into sins, your heedlessness, your selfishness, etc etc may cause others to fall into sins, don't try to be innocent and be God-fearing" - stg like that, so yeah hmm.....but....even though i'd love to wear niqab, (trust me, i love to wear one, and i already modified my hijab in such away it is attached to niqab, and i could wear this niqab on-off, whenever i feel i need to)

but, i need to consider some factors...for example

-the view of people, my villages esp, certainly they would feel shocked to see me wearing niqab all of sudden

-the view of those who don't know me, certainly they have this "strange feeling" toward me - and i don't want that, we are but brothers in Islam, and if you are not muslim, we are brothers in humanity, so let's work together, i'm not an alien! :)

-the view of those who know me - they may think i have changed into stg else, certainly they will feel weird/afraid of me, bla, bla, bla...

-then, also, need to remind myself, the fact i'm practising taqiya, i don't want them to accuse me as "Shia" just simply because i wear niqab..you know, here in my country, Shia is .... (sigh..) nevermine....

so yeah, i love niqab, but i need to think of a strategy how to cope with this situation, so yep! this is my strategy, : the objective is one, i want to wear niqab but at the same time i don't want people to feel nervous/afraid of me

1: if i want to meet my near relatives, i would not wearing niqab except in certain occassion when "strange" men are present, but if i still feel it's not appropriate to wear niqab, just run into my room!

2: am not going to wear niqab in front of neighbours, villagers, except if i feel so uncomfortable, having non-mahram men youth looking at me with ....

3: wearing niqab only in public, but i'll put on-off according to situation i am in, but.. hmm...don't know....but that's what i think

4: only wear niqab in front of my friends after making sure they would not feel afraid/nervous of me, so how? just smile and talk normally as usual, with friendly fragrance flying in the atmosphere!

so yep. but yeah.... i'm still wondering why i have this sudden urge/desire to wear niqab, and the intensity increases day by day :) may Allah guide me inshaallah to decide what is best , and what will please Him and the ahlulbayt, ameeeen....!

with the prayer of success,

siti

I dont wear one but sometimes and especially in some situations i feel like wearing one. I guess it must be an amazing feeling to be so protected that no na-mahram can see your face. I especially wonder about niqab when i hear this narration by Bibi Fatimaas.gif: The best woman is one whom no na-mehram has seen and whom no na-mahram has seen.

Despite these feelings I am not sure though how practical it is to wear niqab in current times...ermm.gif...as even many scholars dont seem very bent on it...unsure.gif

I dont wear one but sometimes and especially in some situations i feel like wearing one. I guess it must be an amazing feeling to be so protected that no na-mahram can see your face. I especially wonder about niqab when i hear this narration by Bibi Fatima: The best woman is one whom no na-mehram has seen and whom no na-mahram has seen.

Despite these feelings I am not sure though how practical it is to wear niqab in current times......as even many scholars dont seem very bent on it...

You may also find it interesting to know that for women who are used to covering their faces, they are allowed to maintain niqab EVEN IN IHRAM, as long as they use something to keep the cloth away from the skin of their foreheads.

bismillah,

alhamdulillah thank you for your kind word, bro/sis habib , and thank you as well for the interesting info there :)

sis seeker : indeed, amazing feeling, that's the right word! :)

salawat!

bismillah,

alhamdulillah thank you for your kind word, bro/sis habib , and thank you as well for the interesting info there :)

sis seeker : indeed, amazing feeling, that's the right word! :)

salawat!

I agree with you sis, I love niqab... I wear it full time overseas but not here, I wish I had the courage to do it. I agree with you in that it's so comfortable and it to me feels like I'm in a good way imitating Fatima AS, Zainab, AS, etc... not that hijab doesn't do that but I just feel closer to them by wearing niqab somehow.

I agree with you sis, I love niqab... I wear it full time overseas but not here, I wish I had the courage to do it. I agree with you in that it's so comfortable and it to me feels like I'm in a good way imitating Fatima AS, Zainab, AS, etc... not that hijab doesn't do that but I just feel closer to them by wearing niqab somehow.

bismillah,

alhamdulillah, sis lena :) it's great to know that you're feeling comfortable too , so i'm not thinking as if i'm the only one who feels that "special comfort" when wearing niqab! yet, i'm still trying to understand where's this feeling comes from, because it's too sudden :)

hmm...i guess another reason might be...the fact that recently i read many news about raping cases, n i see many things being shown in the magazines, tv, internet, which can disturb the mental state of mind, (sorry i'm not good in english so don't know if i could explain this), so, maybe i feel kind of vulnerable, feeling uncomfortable in front of non-mahrem men coz i realize there is high possibility that they may look/think of me in the wrong way....in other word i have the fear if i expose my face, others may fall into ..... well, i guess it just my feeling :) but yeah, if i wear niqab, i will feel less vulnerable and other people also should feel safe from having improper thought, but again, this is just what i feel, maybe i'm wrong

and another reason might be..the fact that i always wish to improve my hijab, and to wear perfect hijab, and i believe niqab is part of it, because i heard that the ladies of ahlulbayt, they used to cover their face, so yeah...

but yeah we know that hijab is not only from physical aspect, but we too need to lower our gaze, need to be careful with the way we speak, the way we behave etc, etc

hmm..i guess if all people learn to lower their gaze, then we women would feel more comfortable n maybe there is no need to wear niqab, but, what can we do, sometimes we are curious to look at people's face including me :)

haaa..i still remember the moment when i want to go out from religious centre, there were two men (if i'm not mistaken), they were talking to each other in a friendly n decent manner, but when they noticed me, they gave way, n opened the door gently for me without gazing at me, they just bowed their head a little n smiled, very nice attitude indeed!

it just wonderful to see them so God-Conscious i would say :)

salawat,