Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Solve et Coagula

Bush's Unanswered Letter - A Strategic Mistake

Rate this topic

Bush's Unanswered Letter - A Strategic Mistake

By Tom Porteous

5-13-6

The first reaction of the Bush administration to the extraordinary letter from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been to dismiss it out of hand on the grounds that it does not offer any compromises over Iran's nuclear enrichment program. That's a strategic mistake, because the biggest complaint of Middle Easterners about the United States is precisely that it has consistently failed to listen to concerns of the kind outlined by Ahmadinejad.

Continue to read:

http://www.rense.com/general71/unas.htm

No one evem remembers this letter. Get over it.

The media did a good job of not letting the letter get too much attention didnt they. Imagine if most Americans got to read that letter. Im sure many would have had second thoughts about their opinions on Iran.

Guest TheFollower
No one evem remembers this letter. Get over it.

Hi curious,

Just wanted to know if you are officially the US Government Spokesman on www.shiachat.com ???

:Hijabi:

The media did a good job of not letting the letter get too much attention didnt they. Imagine if most Americans got to read that letter. Im sure many would have had second thoughts about their opinions on Iran.

No the media went nuts for the letter. For 3 days. Now no one cares. Like I said, get over it.

Nah i think most still remember this:

iran_hostage_crisis.jpg

No the media went nuts for the letter. For 3 days. Now no one cares. Like I said, get over it.

Nah i think most still remember this:

iran_hostage_crisis.jpg

Yeah? Do most Americans also remember good ol Mossadeq? Oh, wait... how easily they forget about that...

Wasalaam

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

Not sure if this will crack me up just as much tomorrow morning :lol:

Bush Demands That Iran Halt Production of Long Letters

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200605...z_iran_letters/

Posted on May 12, 2006

By Andy Borowitz

Days after receiving an 18-page letter from Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President George W. Bush called the lengthy missive “an act of war” and demanded that Iran halt its production of long letters at once.

At the White House, aides said that writing a letter of such length to President Bush, who is known for his extreme distaste for reading, was the most provocative act Mr. Ahmadinejad could have possibly committed.

“Everyone knows that the last book the president read was ‘My Pet Goat,’” one aide said. “Expecting him to read an 18-page letter is really asking for it, and that Iranian dude must have known that.”

According to those close to Mr. Bush, the president was infuriated upon receipt of the 18-page letter and asked aides if it was some kind of joke.

The president then demanded that the letter be boiled down to a one- or two-page format, or possibly adapted to a DVD version, just as he had ordered for news reports on Hurricane Katrina.

In Tehran, President Ahmadinejad said he was “taken aback” by Mr. Bush’s refusal to read an 18-page letter, but said that all his future communications to the U.S. president would be in short, easy-to-read instant-messaging format.

In his first IM to President Bush, released to the press today, President Ahmadinejad writes, “Am building nukes. R U angry? LOL.”

Elsewhere, Air Force Gen. Michael V. Hayden vowed today that as director of the CIA he would push the agency to find new and better sources of false intelligence.

Edited by Iman

Hi curious,

Just wanted to know if you are officially the US Government Spokesman on www.shiachat.com ???

:Hijabi:

:lol: LOL

Man, I remember Mosaddeq :wub: :cry:

Americans have no clue who he is though , the majority! :no:

If anything, we need to spread the letter to as many people as we can, start an email chain, post on all websites, let the people hear the beauty of the president of Iran