Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

For Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jamah

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalamualaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

This is a message to the Ahlul Sunnah who frequent this site. I ask of you to leave this site. I don't think we will achieve much by coming here. I thought I would come here to learn about the Shia in order to be closer to them our Muslim brothers/sisters. But the more I learn the more I feel like I drift apart from them. Before I came here I would defend the Shia and say they don't talk bad about the Ummat Al Mo'mineen (as) or the Sahaba (ra) unfortunately that is not the case. The only thing I ended up with was a weakend Iman. In order to Unite the Ummah if that is the goal to bring together various sects. And if thats the goal of the Sunnis coming together to learn more to bring unity, it's not going to achieve anything by arguing about the Sahaba (ra) and others to people who mostly live in the West. We need Unity in the Muslim lands not for the Muslims living among the Kuffar. So in order to protect your faith, I ask all the Ahlul Sunnah to leave. As others have done and as I will do now. May Allah Azza Wa Jal guide us all to the straight path.

Wasalam

• Advanced Member

This is a message to the Ahlul Sunnah who frequent this site. I ask of you to leave this site. I don't think we will achieve much by coming here. I thought I would come here to learn about the Shia in order to be closer to them our Muslim brothers/sisters. But the more I learn the more I feel like I drift apart from them. Before I came here I would defend the Shia and say they don't talk bad about the Ummat Al Mo'mineen (as) or the Sahaba (ra) unfortunately that is not the case. The only thing I ended up with was a weakend Iman. In order to Unite the Ummah if that is the goal to bring together various sects. And if thats the goal of the Sunnis coming together to learn more to bring unity, it's not going to achieve anything by arguing about the Sahaba (ra) and others to people who mostly live in the West. We need Unity in the Muslim lands not for the Muslims living among the Kuffar. So in order to protect your faith, I ask all the Ahlul Sunnah to leave. As others have done and as I will do now. May Allah Azza Wa Jal guide us all to the straight path.

Wasalam

If everyone worried about uniting others, we would remain seperated, as Allah has made us into seperate and different cultures and peoples. So it is for everyone to ponder upon themselves. So if they should recognise truth, then ofcourse they will join other who follow it, just as people share a common goal or interest.

wa'salaam

• Advanced Member
"Shi'ite and Sunni brothers should avoid every kind of dispute. Today, discord among us will only benefit those who follow neither Shi'ia nor Hanafi. They neither want this nor that to exist, and know the way to sow dispute between you and us. We must pay attention that we are all Muslims and we all believe in the Qur'an; we all believe in Tawheed and must work to serve the Qur'an and Tawheed." -Ayatollah Ruhollah al- Musavi al-Khomeini (ra)

Hasan Sajjad

President

I don't believe in fake or pretended friendships or affiliations. I prefer to be polite to the people I don't know, and openly truthful with those whom I do know. But I understand his tactics.

-wa'salaam

• Advanced Member
"Shi'ite and Sunni brothers should avoid every kind of dispute. Today, discord among us will only benefit those who follow neither Shi'ia nor Hanafi. They neither want this nor that to exist, and know the way to sow dispute between you and us. We must pay attention that we are all Muslims and we all believe in the Qur'an; we all believe in Tawheed and must work to serve the Qur'an and Tawheed." -Ayatollah Ruhollah al- Musavi al-Khomeini (ra)

Hasan Sajjad

President

You missed my point. Just two days ago, he was shi'a. He was sunni before, then shia, now sunni again, this time, warning all the sunnis to leave this site. It appears that the brother has some problems with indecision. But thank you for posting that beautiful quote by Imam Khomeini.

Ali08, I'm sorry to hear that being on shiachat weakened your imaan. May Allah (swt) strengthen your imaan from now on.

Wasalaam

Edited by Path2Felicity
Guest SayedM'sSister

(bismillah)

(salam)

lol i pity you Ali08 im serious. What this shows is yes, ur iman IS very weak, but its not us who have weakened it, seeing as uve been going from sunni to shia to sunni to shia to sunni a million times, all it shows is u have no iman in anything. so instead of warning people to leave this site, let them be, seeing as they have iman and are learning and teaching, while you should leave this site and go learn something about religion.

Edited by SayedM'sSister
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Maybe I will get attacked and insulted for making this post later by the masses...

Ali08, bro I do understand what you are trying to say and being on this forum for a while now it is visible that there are those who do not wish to have dialogue with the followers of the other school of thought and they would go to extreme measures to prove their point. In the recent days on this forums there has been threads which from their titles is enough to put our sunni brothers and sisters off. Are the followers of Ahl ul Bayt (as) suppose to be like this? that they create fitna and hatred amongst the muslims? Have we the shias forgotten the principles and the teachings of our Imams (as)? Remember the Imams (as) never forced Islam upon any one, they spread the message of Islam through love and understanding. And being the shias of Ahl ul Bayt (as) we should also propogate the message of Islam through love and through having dialogues. What are we gonna achieve by cursing and insulting? Nothing!

And one other point which many shias forget is that the Imams (as) are the leaders of all humanity and not exclusive to Shias. When Imam Al Hujja (ajtf) returns he will be ruling the christians from their book, the jews from their book and the muslims from their book. Isn't this sufficient proof that the Imam (as) is the Imam of All humanity? Shias need to understand the meaning of this word 'Shia' and then apply it. A follower remember tries to apply all the principles and teachings and the way of life of his/her leader and our leaders are the Ahl ul Bayt (as) therefore we need take a leaf out of their book and apply it to our selves and spread the message of Prophet of Islam (pbuh) through dialogue and not by ranting and insulting and cursing....

May Allah guide us all

Wsalaams

• Advanced Member

Wasalam

Salaams.

With all due respect brother, and I've enjoyed your questions & discussions over time...

But frankly it does not make sense that you said a similar thing several weeks / months back.

Yet you have stayed, but at the same time are instead encouraging others to leave ???

Having expressed my confusion over that state, I have just one more thing to say.

You, of all people, ought to know by now that Shias (like Sunnis) come in all stripes.

Infact even muslims come in all stripes.

Should a non-muslim refrain from looking @ Islam, because he bunches all muslims with Zarqawi?

By now, you ought to be extremely well versed that we have our extremists, our moderates & our intellectuals.

I know the extremists can be extremely hurtful, but what you need to open you eyes to is:

All the Shia moderates and intellectuals who oppose the extremist viewpoints.

Give them the credit for keeping things in check as they should be.

Ignore what n who needs to be ignored. Look with a seeking, learning eye, to that which is sensible.

If you keep away from all, just because you are repulsed by some...

Then think- is it right for non-muslims to keep away from Islam because they are repulsed by Zarqawi?

Thats all that I can leave you with.

Was-salaam.

• Veteran Member

Wasalam

Dear Brother,

You have not understood what Islam means...then you went to down further by confusing yourself by trying to solve the muslim ummah long time problems. When you failed and your iman is weakened, you made a bad decision.

Learn and encaurage what Islam wanted out of his ummah, not what you want out of this ummah. In doing so, you should never give up...

The Prophet never give up... Learn from Him.

The Prophet never tell his followers to run away from the arabs. Stick to the purpose of religion even though you will die in the course.

Why run away from the battle ground???

Wassalam

Layman

• Advanced Member
Salaams.

With all due respect brother, and I've enjoyed your questions & discussions over time...

But frankly it does not make sense that you said a similar thing several weeks / months back.

Yet you have stayed, but at the same time are instead encouraging others to leave ???

Having expressed my confusion over that state, I have just one more thing to say.

You, of all people, ought to know by now that Shias (like Sunnis) come in all stripes.

Infact even muslims come in all stripes.

Should a non-muslim refrain from looking @ Islam, because he bunches all muslims with Zarqawi?

By now, you ought to be extremely well versed that we have our extremists, our moderates & our intellectuals.

I know the extremists can be extremely hurtful, but what you need to open you eyes to is:

All the Shia moderates and intellectuals who oppose the extremist viewpoints.

Give them the credit for keeping things in check as they should be.

Ignore what n who needs to be ignored. Look with a seeking, learning eye, to that which is sensible.

If you keep away from all, just because you are repulsed by some...

Then think- is it right for non-muslims to keep away from Islam because they are repulsed by Zarqawi?

Thats all that I can leave you with.

Was-salaam.

+1

@forgeforth

"baaraka allahou fika"

wassalam

• Advanced Member
So in order to protect your faith, I ask all the Ahlul Sunnah to leave. As others have done and as I will do now. May Allah Azza Wa Jal guide us all to the straight path.

(salam)

I dont think running away is a good option or solution. :unsure: Most Sunnis are not aware of Shias because like you they choose to run away and hide in their own "comfortable" belief system. And they tells other to run-away too.

Here on ShiaChat, if you are willing to listen to the other side, you may learn about Shia belief and not the "feel-good version" cough * (Sunnis interpretation of what/how Shias are/should be).

(salam)

Ali08, what changed your mind about obeying and submitting to unjust rulers being wrong?

What does that have to do about how we act, the reason why you came to shism for couple days or weeks, was because you realized the flaw in your theoritical aspects

Saying "I didn't like how the shias on shiachat acted" will not be an excuse on yamal qayama for accusing God and his Messenger of ordering us to obey and submit to unjust rulers

ma'asalama

• Advanced Member

Wasalam

I agree that sc isn't the best place for learning about the diff sects. I wouldn't invite any friends here who want to learn more as they'd probably get the wrong impression. Too many not-thinking-enough people to account for, who forget they're not the only type of people here.

But anyway the answers are always out there. You say about this getting confused and worse thing. Firstly the Prophet (pbuh) said something like seek knowledge even if it takes you to china. And Imam Ali (as) said many things mashAllah including:

"One, who adopts patience, will never be deprived of success though it may take a long time to reach him. "

"If two opposite theories are propagated one will be wrong."

There are many other things but my internet explorer has randomly messed up lol.

But you get the idea, you're not going to be left to handle troubles yourself when your in a search for knowledge. Don't abandon it, that would be a mistake.

WsWrWb

StriveR

• Veteran Member
Thanks a lot to all of you for all the information, really it helped alot. I am trying to see how many more I agree with on one side compared to the other, and also weigh their importance. So far this is what I have.

Allah(swt)- I support the Shia view I feel that it is limiting Allah(swt) to put in him in a visible figure with hands, etc.

Sahaba - I support the Shia view on this as well, it always bothered me that the Sunnis generally accept all of the Sahaba and refrain from looking in depth to find out if they were just or not.

Leadership of the Ummah- Well as far as logic goes I completely agree with the Shia but I have to see sufficient proofs in order to believe this fully.

Rising against the ruler- I definetly support the Shia view. According to the Sunni view we have to submit to people like Yazeed(la)

Prophets- I'm still not sure about the differences between the two groups. If I'm correct the Shia view them as being completely Masum, which I agree with if thats the case.

Intercession- I completely belive in the ability for our Nabi to intercede for us, but I think the Sunnis believe that as well. If I believed in the Imams then I would say that they can intercede too, but until then I guess this one is neutral.

Ok so in summary of these issues I have 4/2 Shia, but If I do see enough proof for the Imams as I do belive in the imamate logically then it would be 5/1 and well 6/0 if if I include intercession from the Imams . Wow never knew thats I would choose that much over the Sunni view. Could anyone please let me know if there are some other issues that are major that I left out? I know I left out some important ones

Brother Ali08 I believe this is a quote from your post from about mid-febuary.

I apologize if I have been rude or arrogant towards you in anyway.

I think you have really worked hard to find the truth, Imam Ali or 4th caliph said something like this "those who seek the truth and do not find it and get lost are better than those who seek falsehood and find it"

rest assured you have done the hard work, we all pray that Allah guide you

• Veteran Member

(bismillah) (salam)

The problem with you Ali08... you make decision on your faith and NOT Allah who will show your the path for your faith. You will loss in every of your battles to find the truth. You fail because of your ownself.

You should only show struggle and let Allah lead you the right path. DO NOT make decision in the matter of faith. Because, this matter belongs to Allah.

You should stick to asking Allah

"Eh dinas sirratal mustaqim......"

"Show ME to the right path...." Surah al-fatihah. Put more emphasize on "SHOW ME"

Now after you are confused, you start to ask others to your path (and not to the path that Allah accepted).

You are making a BIG mistake and you are encauraging others to make mistakes also.

You making yourself as the JUGDE, just like the IBLIS is. Becareful...

Make taubah please before it is too late.

Layman