Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Advanced Member

Voted for:

It is unnecessary at all

I dont get why someone would want to have plastic surgery? There are many people in this world who are not "pretty" or "beautiful" or "blessed" if you can say that, you dont see them complaining. There are many people who are "pretty" and "beautiful" but i dont understand why they arent pleased with themselves. They should think about others who are not like them and how they deal with it.

• Advanced Member

Sometimes plastic surgery is functional (like reconstructing air passage blocked by a nasal septum deformity) or necessary (the plastic surgeon is the one that removes larger skin cancers). Sometimes it is for reconstruction of a harmed body (like breast reconstruction after amputation).

Lastly, having a different look can REALLY cost quality of life. In two weeks of ENT surgery, I have seen several kids who were in tears asking for a humped nose (esp after trauma) or flappy ear correction, because children can be sooooo mean to each other! And what to think of severe scarring from eg burns? Just tell them to live with a skin they can hardly move in, and the eternal people staring if it's in your face?

• Advanced Member
It is unnecessary at all.

It's haram, as far as I know.

(salam)

but sayed sistani`s rule is different from u

Question:Please could you let me know if a plastic surgery is permissible in Islam?

Answer:It is permissible

I really am suprised by replying of some ppls,no wonder most of them young don`t have much knolwedge abt plastic surgary,

further more to what sister zainab-kubra mentioned,thanks to her,there r so many children defects need to be corrected by palstic surgary ,like cleft palate,cleft lips cocceygeal sac ..as well as romoval of skin cysts ,skin craft for those poor ppls who get burning which gave them ugly scar affect them psychologically specially females more specially in exposure areas like face .

even for purpose of beautifying ,i don`t see any harm in it ,

Edited by ahmed nasery
Guest Hope.

Salaam,

Im one of those people who stronly advocate the saying beauty is inside not outside. I think that religousness and modest makes beauty in a women not hair or eye color . Still there are several instances where plastic surgery is needed . Such as gastric by pass surgery which helps comabt obesity . Also its necessary to fix accident induced deformations which amny accident victims have . Its not only needed to make ones self look like nancy ajram . I think people need to be a little more open minded to understand that plastic surgery isnt a taboo . Its something that many people use to help fix their appearnce after an accident or other traumatic experience which has made a negative effect on their physical appreance . Also some peopl use it to help with nasal and breathing issues .

salaam

aaliyah

• Advanced Member

^ I agree i mean if its something to do with nasal or breathing problems or any other medical problems then i guess its okay. But like in my opinion if you just want to change your appearance so you can look better and more attractive then i think its wrong i mean as sis Hope said.

I think that religousness and modest makes beauty in a women not hair or eye color .
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

Where indicatd as necessary by professionally qualified opinion, it should be done . . .

Agree......

Hope never such situation occur in Life....May AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáìhelp all(Ameen)

Come on folks, spare the "we are all beautiful and we don't need it" rant, question should be who can afford it? :P

:lol:

Wassalam.

:Hijabi:

Bit ashamed to admit it but i have had a nose job and will be having another soon, I never like my nose, I guess wasn't grateful for what I had and then I had an awful car accident in which I broke it. It was awful, couldn't breath through it for ages. So I had to have a nose job for medical reasons. My nose is still pretty bad so now I'm gonna be having another. But the worst thing is it never was that bad to begin with, so I guess what I'm trying to say is be grateful to Allah SWT for what he has blessed u with. Always remeber it could be worse and be careful what you wish for... u just might get it. :unsure: But above all be grateful to The Almighty. Did I already say that? Be GRATEFUL!! THANK THE LORD!!!!

• Advanced Member

Salam,

is anybody ever completely happy with their body? I mean come on show me a woman who likes her bum and i'll show u a liar!! :!!!:

When I was younger I was desperate for a nose job, but now i'm older Alhumdulillah i've gained more self confidence (well a little!) and i can do without. However some people get really miserable and ok plastic surgery might seem like a quick fix but end up having something u don't want which can make things worse! Bt if having plastic surgery really is going to help then I don't think it's a bad thing. My mum still wants me to have the nose job lol :lol: make it easier for her to get me married off :!!!: :!!!: .

N sis Hanieh I don't think there is any reason for u to be ashamed for having a nose job although yeh i agree Allah SWT blessed us and we should be grateful!

Kh, Ma salama, Byeeee

:)

I hope i haven't offended anyone :unsure: Sorry if i have

• Advanced Member
LOOOOL big nose is beautiful?!

Assalamalaikum,

Yes big beautiful Arab or Iranian nose. I have a generic white girl nose. I would never have surgery except for medical reasons. I would get electrolisis if I was hairy though especially if I had a unibrow.

• Advanced Member

(salam) ,

I believe that it is a very interesting thing. It's really cool seeing people get plastic surgery adn stuff and tehir before and after shots. sweet. I like to look at them on the net. Matter of fact, I'll do that right now.

salaam

• Advanced Member

It's very easy to say that you should be thankfull. Actually it is not about being thankfull or not. Do you think a person who lives all by herself in a cave or whatever would mind if he/she was very very very ugly? I don't think so. It's all the environment which has certain standards. It's all about accepting the other or not. And to be honest, please forgive me that I say it. But I read some hadiths which said that the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said that the best of the world is a beautiful woman and he adviced a man to look at a woman from the ansar he wanted to marry to cause there was something with the eyes of the ansar. They were small. Here is something about it;

The Shari'ah also allows a man to look at a woman with the object of reaching a decision about whether he should marry her or not. The following traditions explain the matter further: Mughirah ibn Shu'bah says,

"I sent a message to a woman asking for her hand. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said to me, 'Have a look at her for that will enhance love and mutual regard between you.' "

Abu Hurairah says that he was sitting with the Prophet when a man came and said that he intended to marry a woman from among the Ansar (Helpers). The Prophet asked him if he had seen her. He replied in the negative. The Prophet told him to go and have a look at her because the Ansar often had a defect in their eyes. According to Jabir ibn 'Abdullah, the Prophet said that when a man sent a request to a woman for her hand in marriage, he should have a look at her to see if there was anything in her which made him inclined to marry her.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/humanrelations....html#adornment

Anyway this shows that also in Islam beauty is important. Which is ok. Women who are ugly just got a hard test. But then why we can't use plastic sugery? I think you can see this from 2 sides. You shouldn't do it, cause that will make your test more simple . Why not use your test to gain Allah's love? But all women wanting to marry. And what if no-one wants to marry them because of their uglyness? Should she then use the new modern methods?

Also; a last note. Something I thought about for a while. It is that I read so many poems or whatever about Western women and that it is all about beauty and that they are oppressed by Western men cause they have to look beautifull. But then I read this hadiths and I think; in the end Islam is just the same. And I don't say that is nessecarily bad, cause Allah knows the best and like I said; it is all a test. But please stop writing those stupid poems cause it is not honest way of promoting hijab. This was little off-topic, Im sorry .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Vanity, thy name is ...

I might consider Botox or something in the future if the wrinkles call for it, but I do believe in aging beautifully. If there's one thing I despise, it's face lifts. They seem to create a new plastic human race, I mean seriously, these people don't look human anymore.

joanrivers.jpg

patrick.jpg

They.cant.move.their.faces. :lol:

• Advanced Member
Salaam,

Im one of those people who stronly advocate the saying beauty is inside not outside. I think that religousness and modest makes beauty in a women not hair or eye color . Still there are several instances where plastic surgery is needed . Such as gastric by pass surgery which helps comabt obesity . Also its necessary to fix accident induced deformations which amny accident victims have . Its not only needed to make ones self look like nancy ajram . I think people need to be a little more open minded to understand that plastic surgery isnt a taboo . Its something that many people use to help fix their appearnce after an accident or other traumatic experience which has made a negative effect on their physical appreance . Also some peopl use it to help with nasal and breathing issues .

salaam

aaliyah

(salam)

I agree with this. Gnerally speaking, I think people should only get them done if it's medically necessary/advisable.

However, as sis seekingtruth pointed out, it's easy enough for us to say to just be thankful. But some people are excruciatingly ugly. I'm sorry if this sounds mean or superficial but, for example, there's this girl who lives in my area, she is so ugly that I can't even look at her without my facial expression changing. So I try not to look at her because I don't want to be rude - whenever I look at her I can't help but stare. I just feel so sorry for her and if I were in her position I'd get it done. These people need to find husbands too and need to feel good about their physical appearance occasionally. If I had the money, I'd pay for her plastic surgery myself - that's how bad it is. Although, her case is an extremely rare one, people like her are not common.

Then you get extremely superficial people like Hunter Tylo who is already extremelyyyy gorgeous and yet they go and get surgery or implants done (even though the lip thing she got done makes her look bad :squeez: she was so much prettier without it).

So really, it depends on the particular situation.

wasalaam

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~

(salam)

I also think that one should only have plastic surgery done for medical reasons for example if someone (la sama7 Allah) has an accident and something goes wrong then obviously it's okay. However I do no think that an 'ugly' person should get anything done no matter how 'bad' looking they are. I mean everybody has different taste and I am sure someone will find him/her attractive. In the end we are all beautiful in his eyes Allah (swt).

Wassalam

Edited by iraqia_uk
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...