Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yasrebiami

are elephants halal?

Rate this topic

Yea also always wondered Because there is thing african barbeque place and I thought hey I wanna try out the elephant kebabs :Hijabi: but Im not sure if it has to be cut in halal to eat it ? :huh: Im guessing if were allowed it has to be halal elephant :D

(bismillah)

(salam)

are elephants halal to eat? just wondering.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R Elephants halal to eat why would you wonder that. Y not just stick to chicken, goat, sheep etc or is becuase thiers CJD and Bird flu around that ur looking for an alternative to regular meat. Just jesting lol. :!!!:

Guest THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

Does anyone have sources that says it's prohibited?

Ws, Sah

(bismillah)

(salam)

i thought of this question, because i knwo that elephants are vegetarians...and that if a land animal is a vegitarian and someother things it is halal to eat...thats hwy i asked.

ALi

Kangaroo's are halal so why not elephants :huh:

(bismillah) (salam)

This may be hard to belive but quite possibly its becuase of what they were before taking on the form of being an elephant, like the Pig and the Monkey, we cant eat humans even if they r not meat eating same rule applies to the above 3 animals. Not sure to wat extent but i have heard that they were nations from time long ago that were condemend to thier form becuase of wat they were doing. Perhaps some one has more info on this.

As you ppl may be aware that Pig and Monkey Organs have been and can be transplanted into humans thier must be a logical reason for this apart from the Medical answers reason enough to be true that they were humans. ?

Probaly will start a heated debate about this elephant thing now and the other 2 as well about it being absurd but look in to it i think it should have an intresting outcome.

(bismillah) (salam)

Mashallah at the OPT....... :D

Cant wait to get the answer.......but even if it is Halal I m not sure will it be possible for me too eat it ever. :unsure:

And Are kangroo's really halal :huh:

Wassalam.

Salaam

but i have heard that they were nations from time long ago that were condemend to thier form becuase of wat they were doing.

Not all of the thirteen animals/reptiles/sea-creatures generally listed under the category of transformed beings (masukhat) were nations. The monkeys are of course the well known 'Jewish' people mentioned in the Qur'an, who were transformed because they transgressed on the Sabbath.

Various aHadith reported from the Prophet (pbuh) , and Imam `Ali and Imam al Sadiq (`alaihima al salaam) say that the elephant was a tyrant and oppressive man/king who indulged in fornication and sodomy, and even acts of bestiality. In fact he wouldn't leave anything/anyone, neither wet nor dry.

Zahra

Elephant's are among the cursed animals

So are the bears, rabbits, gazelles, scorpions, spiders, bats, pigs, monkeys... I don't know how to translate the rest: Sahil, Daàmus and Alhaaj

how do you know what a cursed animal is?

(salam)

the animals bani-isreal turned into are said to be haram in a hadith, this perhaps what he is refering to

(bismillah)

(salam)

Didn't Imam Ali tell the guy if an animal's ears are outside then it is haram :huh:?

Can you guys spot the ears on an elephant :huh:? Are they that hard to find :angel:?

what about cows?

(bismillah) (salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Didn't Imam Ali tell the guy if an animal's ears are outside then it is haram :huh:?

Can you guys spot the ears on an elephant :huh:? Are they that hard to find :angel:?

Brother as far as my memory works that was about which animals give birth to their babies and which animals lay eggs.I think it was not about halaal or haram.

Wassalam.

(bismillah)

(salam)

are elephants halal to eat? just wondering.

(salam)

Fanged animals or animals with claws which are made to hurt or kill another animal are forbidden and Elephants have 2 huge fangs and thus they are forbidden to eat.

(at least to my knowledge) But I could not find this ^ statement in the Qu'ran.

Wasalam

Salam Alaykum,

I emailed the office of Ayatullah Seestani and asked them whether or not Elephant meat is Halal, and the answer was as follows:

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

No, it is not.

Assalamu Alaykum

I'm still waiting for a reply from the office of Ayatullah Khamanei. As soon as i receive that, i'll post it up inshAllah, if someone else hasn't.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/bismillah.gif

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/salam.gif

O man O man O man,,,,,think about the size of the steak you can get if its halal!!!!!! You'll need a George Forman Grill!!

Yeah right? Something from the flintstones, that steak! I'm bumping this very old thread because I need an answer to this (and reason) as the previous comments didn't really answer the question. Thank you!