Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

hazrat abu talib

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I have three simple proofs that Hadhrat Abu Talib i.e. Hadhrat Imran was not a Kaafir

#1: For Shia's, we all know that Imam Ali (a.s) is the distinguisher between Al-Jannah and Al-Jahanam. How can Imam Ali (a.s) allow his own father to be put into the hell fire ?

#2: Hadhrat Imran read the nikah of the Prophet of Allah and Bibi Khadija. Only a Muslim can read the nikah for two muslims.

#3: Hadhrat Imran was married to Fatema binte Asad. We all know that Fatima binte Asad accepted Islam from a young age and we all know that we are not allowed to marry a kafir. If Hadhrat Imran was a kaafir, then Fatima binte Asad must divorce Hadhrat Imran straight away -- clear proof that Hadhrat Imran was a Muslim too.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veteran Member
I have three simple proofs that Hadhrat Abu Talib i.e. Hadhrat Imran was not a Kaafir

#1: For Shia's, we all know that Imam Ali (a.s) is the distinguisher between Al-Jannah and Al-Jahanam. How can Imam Ali (a.s) allow his own father to be put into the hell fire ?

#2: Hadhrat Imran read the nikah of the Prophet of Allah and Bibi Khadija. Only a Muslim can read the nikah for two muslims.

#3: Hadhrat Imran was married to Fatema binte Asad. We all know that Fatima binte Asad accepted Islam from a young age and we all know that we are not allowed to marry a kafir. If Hadhrat Imran was a kaafir, then Fatima binte Asad must divorce Hadhrat Imran straight away -- clear proof that Hadhrat Imran was a Muslim too.

salaam, thanks brother that was covered on this thread but it wasn't good enough for some people, hnce the xtended thread

salaam

• Veteran Member
could those ayats about the prophet being told to not pray for his pagan relatives really be about abu lahab?

salaam, it goes against the grain to believe that the Holy Prophet (pbuh)was reprimanded even for the likes of Abu Lahab. This is a general rule for the believers and the Holy Prophet (pbuh) . Perhaps one of the companions asked the Holy Prophet to pray for one his Kaffir relatives and this verse came down.

salaam

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam,

READ! ABU TALIB WAS NOT A KAFFIR!!!!!!! there are many proofs, one, fatima bint asad (sa) would have not stayed married to him, because according to you guys, hes a kaffir, he was also the father of the first imam, the best of creation aside from prophet muhammad (pbuh), i have never heard of the father of a prophet or sucessor of a prophet being a unbeliever. From the book "one hundred virtues of Ali ibn Abi Talib and his sons the imams."

The judge Abul Hasan, Muhammad ibn Uthman ibn abdullah al nasibi narrated from jafar ibn muhammad al alawi from abdullah ibn Ahmad from muhammad ibn Ziyad from al mufaddal ibn Umar from Jafari ibn Muhammad (Imam Al sadiq) from his father Ali ibn al-Husayn who said: Ali ibn Abi talib, the commander of the believers, was once sitting in an open area surrounded by people one of whom stood up and asked, "O commander of the Believers: How is it that you are enjoying such and elevated rank (in the view of Almight Allah) while your father is tortured in Hellfire?"

Angrily, Imam Ali replied, "Be quiet! May God shut your mouth! I swear by Him who has sent Muhammad with the truth as a prophet; If my father intercedes for all of the sinners on earth, Almight Allah will accept it.

How can my father be tortured, while I, his son, am the one who seperates the people of Paradise from those deserving Hellfire?

I swear by Him who has sent Muhammad with the truth as Prophet; verily the light of Abu Talib, my father, will exceed the lights of all of the creatures on the ressurection day except five lights: the light of muhammad, my light, the light of fatima, the light of al hasan and al husayn, and the light of the imams, his descendants.

Verily, Abu Talibs light is part of our lights. Almighty Allah had created his light two thousand years before he created Adam.

Bihar Al anwar V27 P120 H101. <<<<(this is just one of the sources)