Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Kizilbash

Iran's top female race driver gets her license

Rate this topic

NICOSIA -- Iran's best female racing car driver Laleh Seddigh was awarded on March 17 her International Racing Driving License during the BMW School Series at the Bahrain International Circuit in Manama.

Seddigh, a PhD student from Tehran, is considered to be one of the most promising-ever racing drivers in Iran. She has even outperformed the best male racing drivers in the country.

Seddigh's driving skills have earned her the nickname "a little Schumacher" after the German Formula One champion.

Asked by the BBC how men felt about her success, Seddigh, 28, replied, "Most of them, I think, are jealous, and I don't care about that."

"I am just going and going and hoping to be champion in the next years and I will really try to achieve that goal," she added.

Seddigh said that she hoped that her example would inspire more women to take up car racing. Indeed, the sport is seen to be attracting growing numbers of Iranian women.

http://metimes.com/articles/normal.php?Sto...21-055101-3010r

post-8027-1143253622_thumb.jpg

(salam)

I am not! I don't know driving yet, why would I be jealous? :P

Said the point on hijaab cz she'll be getting International appearances now. It will be really good if she really sticks to hijaab, and extend it a few inches towards here forehead. Her own choice anyways. But I don't want something like, hijaab when she's in Iran, and when she moves out, no hijaab.

Off topic; Mrs. Seddigh wears hijab whenever she leaves the country for races, public appearances etc. I think shes the only exception for a excellent female driver :P

Edited by Kizilbash

(salam)

You guys are just jelous because she is a better driver than most men :!!!:

(salam)

(bismillah)

Which is surprising for an Irani woman! :!!!:

No offence, just jokes. :P

Guest Elwiya
I think shes the only exception for a excellent female driver :P
Boys and their insecurities :dry:
(salam)

(bismillah)

Don't you mean ... surprising for an iranian :!!!: ?

(salam)

(bismillah)

LOL.... :P ...the 'just jokes' bit saved you :P

Boys and their insecurities :dry:

Don't you mean ... surprising for an iranian :!!!: ?

LOOOOOOL...has to be said, driving in Iran is 'exciting' and horrific but ppl don't often have accidents which means that they do have driving talent after all! :P

^

I hardly ever saw any. I mean my ucle is a crazy driver in Iran and he has never had an accident and when your sitting in his car you think he's going to hit into another car or post or something but then he dodges it reallly well...and for me its like :o WOW

(salam)

I don't want to sound like a wahabi here but aren't these risky sports haram? What is Islam's stance on risky sports such race driving?

Everythings a risk in life. :huh:

^

I hardly ever saw any. I mean my ucle is a crazy driver in Iran and he has never had an accident and when your sitting in his car you think he's going to hit into another car or post or something but then he dodges it reallly well...and for me its like :o WOW

Not every1 can drive like your uncle unfortunately :P

Guest Elwiya

^Agree on both points.

LOL.... :P ...the 'just jokes' bit saved you :P

LOOOOOOL...has to be said, driving in Iran is 'exciting' and horrific but ppl don't often have accidents which means that they do have driving talent after all! :P

LOL Al Aleemu .. have you seen Iranian drivers come out of Iran and drive??? People honk at them the whole freakin time!!!

And don't get me started on drivers in IRAN !!!! They're always banging into your mirror because they drive so freakin close to you! And yeah, if you manage not to crash into someone, someone will manage to crash into you. Or you're driving real fast in the highway and some mofo is riding his donkey in the highway !!! OK ... so that doesn't happen too often, happened to me once and it wasn't a donkey it was just a really REALLY slow tractor.