Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Peaceful-sunni

What are iraninas like?

Guest THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH

Most Iranians are Muslim and Shia. Iranis are great!

Khuda Hafiz,

Sah

I was wondering though and though i would ask what are irannians like?

i have herd some disturbing things about irannians such as most irannian are turning away from Islam. This isn't true is it?

Many of the Iranians who move to America or other western countries *coughLasAngelescough* have had that reputation. Unfortunately, many of them have really lost themselves.

But not all. Alhamdullilah. May Alah (swt) keep us strong and on the right path.

Well most of the information i got was from some iraninans living here they say things like mosque attentdance is down. In Iran and i hear that most young Iraninans now look to the internet for relief from the restrictions.

And they main reformist movement in Iran are they for or against the Aytoallah?

And appartly 70% of iranian student are secular is this all misinformation?

because as i am sure your aware for most non-iraninas getting information out is quiet diffcult.

Guest DjibrilCisse

Iranians are basically two-legged (usually) and have black, brown, blond, red or white hair (unless it is dyed, then it can be any colour). They usually have two arms, protruding from their shoulders, and they breathe and make sounds from their mouths to communicate to one another. They have been identified as homo sapiens.

(salam)

In my opinion Iranians can be divided into two categories..those that support the Islamic Revolution and those are against it..

I have had the good fortune of being amongst both these types..

How can formulate my views about them, I can safely that each of them have different merits and would appeal to two totally different ideologies..

You cannot like them both...no matter how hard you try, you have to chose your sides :)

Farsh-e-Aza

Guest THE GUARDIAN OF FAITH
Iranians are basically two-legged (usually) and have black, brown, blond, red or white hair (unless it is dyed, then it can be any colour). They usually have two arms, protruding from their shoulders, and they breathe and make sounds from their mouths to communicate to one another. They have been identified as homo sapiens.

LOL :lol:

Ws, Sah

}Farsh-e-Aza{ said:
(salam)

In my opinion Iranians can be divided into two categories..those that support the Islamic Revolution and those are against it..

I have had the good fortune of being amongst both these types..

How can formulate my views about them, I can safely that each of them have different merits and would appeal to two totally different ideologies..

You cannot like them both...no matter how hard you try, you have to chose your sides :)

Farsh-e-Aza

I diagree. I believe this is not a support , do not suport kind of thing. I think its more like a number line, with support whole heartedly at one end, and despise at the other, and people are spread all over this line. Some support the government more than others, and likewise, some despise it more than others. But I agree, there are few who fall in the middle. Most take the extreme of each side.

BTW

IROONIS ARE GREAT :D

Salam

All the Iranians I know are very kind and usually a pleasure to talk and work with :)

All and literally all the ones I know (except one) are married to non-muslims. I had a work placement with this wealthy Iranian accountant, he too was married to a 'wendy' and was regrettably a huge religion run-away. He claimed to have lived in Mashad where his house was directly outside Imam Reza's (as) shrine. That was the sad part, and apparently he never wants to return.

Another is a simple and a modest one, who lives near my home. Although he's married to a British, he's bent upon his daughters pursuing a 'modest' (to be polite) lifestyle, somthing quite irritating to the wife. He won't allow his daughters to go and study abroad. Nevertheless, he's genuinely a great man.

Generally to me, Iranians are just like how anyone is, but Ireckon the strict rules and regulations of Iran take a heavy toll on most of them thus they tend to flex when they go and live abroad. For example on a direct lufthansa flight to Iran, there will not be a glimpse of a single hijab, its only when the plane hits the ground you get to see all the multicoloured handkerchiefs.

Addios

Malek

Iran as i am finding out is a difficult country to judage. becuase the majority of Iranians appear to back their goverment over the nuclear issue.

Do you think that if the west lauch militray operation agianst Iran that it will further the support of the regime amgost the iranian people? inculding some who have up till now be against the goverment?

I mean if you have seen the film Syriana you will remember at the beginning of the film we saw young iraninans disgracing themselves by drinking women where provative clothing and so on. But in the end the west beytays this group by killing them? the reasons i am saying this is because i believe that even the more secular iranians will probbaly be treated just as badly by the west as say a religous persons.

Do you have any scientific proof for these claims? :lol:

I'm Iranian and I live in the US. Yeah, most of the Iranians here are not the kind of people I would want to associate with...so I don't. But keep in mind that most Iranian immigrants did not leave their country "for a better financial life"...they left because they specifically did not want to live under an Islamic Republic, regardless of whether thats a good or bad thing. So they're not like the typical immigrant from other countries. I would dare say they are comparable to Cuban-Americans, who strongly despise the Cuban government.

There's main types of Iranians...the ones who want democracy (may take place in different form) one way is via the son of Shah and they love their personal freedoms and stufff....the other type is the lovers of the Islamic Republic and their pride in being Shia muslims etc etc...

And then you have ones who are either in the middle (sitting on the fence- go with the flow) or you have ones that don't fit in those categories LOL...

What DjibrilCisse said was true as well...ha ha!

Iran as i am finding out is a difficult country to judage. becuase the majority of Iranians appear to back their goverment over the nuclear issue.

Do you think that if the west lauch militray operation agianst Iran that it will further the support of the regime amgost the iranian people? inculding some who have up till now be against the goverment?

I mean if you have seen the film Syriana you will remember at the beginning of the film we saw young iraninans disgracing themselves by drinking women where provative clothing and so on. But in the end the west beytays this group by killing them? the reasons i am saying this is because i believe that even the more secular iranians will probbaly be treated just as badly by the west as say a religous persons.

from what I know of the majority of Iranian's who are againts the regime or on bad terms or lefties and whoever else they do not want America Uk or any other foriegn country to solve there problems and that internal problems should be dealt with internally by the Iranian people. If there was any group that did initially ponder over this issue, they have definately made up there minds now with the terrible situation in Iraq. I think its only the so called 'mujahideen' people who backs an attack...

There's main types of Iranians...the ones who want democracy (may take place in different form) one way is via the son of Shah and they love their personal freedoms and stufff....the other type is the lovers of the Islamic Republic and their pride in being Shia muslims etc etc...

And then you have ones who are either in the middle (sitting on the fence- go with the flow) or you have ones that don't fit in those categories LOL...

What DjibrilCisse said was true as well...ha ha!

(salam),

There is also another type of Iranian that I like very much. They are the Iranians who might not agree with Sharia law and Islamic government in Iran, but keep their mouths shut because they realise that despite having its flaws, Iran is a fine country to live in and is getting better and better by the day. My father is this type - he doesn't agree with alot of the religious scholars in Iran, but accepts that they are here to stay and supports his country and is not fooled by MKO propaganda.

Of course, I'm one of the loyal followers of Ayatollah Khamenei :) .