Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
raat ki rani

Henna/Mehndi

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Salam sisters, do you use henna?

I loveee it, always put it on my hair, gives it a lush red colour and it makes ur hair thicker aswell!!

I hardly use it on my nails or hands thou, only when its eid and i can be bothered, or if im in pakistan.

Some people proper hate it and its' smell, but those peeps are just silly! LOL

Only prob i cant do the designs at all :( i can make like a flower but by the time it dries it looks like a blob.. :squeez:

Yeah i also use it on my hair (coz it is greying at such a young age..)...Actually i already have brownish-red hair so it looks quite OK..

But yes the quality of my hair has become quite good...Alhamdolillah...

(salam)

i personal don't like it!!! :P

why don't u take a short course in college or something. i'm sure there is courses where u can learn to do henna design :D

Just curious, if you use henna on light brown or blonde hair, what color does it turn?

if its your natural colour then its ok, but it wouldn't look that great, it would give it a werid colour. but there is different kind of henna. but please please don't use it on dye/tinted hair it will go orange!!!!

also if u use henna its hard to dye/tint ur hair after that, it would just took long to take the henna colour off.

just curious, if you use henna on light brown or blonde hair, what color does it turn?

well this pack of henna that i had said that it turns light brown hair into light red shade and blond into dark red,but maybe diff brands have different effects.

Edited by farwa

well this pack of henna that i had said that it turns light brown hair into light red shade and blond into dark red,but maybe diff brands have different effects.

BUT THE HENNA ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR HAIR COLOUR SHADE. I WOULD NOT ADVIE YOU TO DO IT ON LIGHT COLOUR HAIR. IF YOU WANT A RED COLOUR THEN I WOULD JUST DYE IT WITH A NORMAL COLOUR TINT, NOT HENNA.

(salam)

I know, but what happens if someone does?

You mean, apart from the fact that you'll have a bad hair month? Or months? :P

I love henna on my hands and feet, but no way on my hair, even though it's supposed to be an excellent conditioner.

Wa'Salaam

(salam)

You mean, apart from the fact that you'll have a bad hair month? Or months? :P

I love henna on my hands and feet, but no way on my hair, even though it's supposed to be an excellent conditioner.Wa'Salaam

NOT REALLY, IT MAKES IT MORE DRY, YES IT MAKES IT THICKER.

(salam)

NOT REALLY, IT MAKES IT MORE DRY, YES IT MAKES IT THICKER.

:unsure: Dry? The salons here insist it is a good conditioner. Personally, I find the process of applying henna to hair quite messy.

Wa'Salaam

(salam)

:unsure: Dry? The salons here insist it is a good conditioner. Personally, I find the process of applying henna to hair quite messy.

Wa'Salaam

THEY MUST MEAN THE HENNA CONDITIONER THAT U CAN GET FROM ANY SUPERSTAR WHICH DOESN'T ADD ANY COLOUR. THERE IS A SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER THAT IS MADE FROM HENNA, WHICH IS GOOD ONLY FOR DARK HAIR.

YOU can't see it, but if I do experiment on myself, I will have a photo taken for the females to see. :P

no need to see it ,its enough to tell us which colour it has turned, we will trust u :D

I don't remember the brand or the exact color, but it was supposed to be auburn, like the color of my dad's hair before his went grey. I had it done at an upscale salon, and just trusted the advice of the woman working there, regarding which brand to use. When I left there, my hair looked actually irridescent! I told the woman that my scalp felt burning, and she told me to not worry about it, that was normal. That was the first and last time I had my hair colored.

Maybe later I'll look for a pic of my dad, to show what color it was supposed to be. :D

BURING OF THE SCALE IS NOT GOOD. SHE IS JUST STUPID. WHEN U FEEL BURING THAT MEANS U HAVE A REACTION TO THE PRODUCT WHICH COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS. YOUR HEAD COULD START TO BLOW UP, WHAT I MEAN IT GETS BIGGER AND U NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL, THAT WHY U NEED TO TAKE A SKIN TEST BEFORE YOU OUT ANY COLOUR ON YOUR HAIR!!!

THE LADY MOST HAVE NOT CHOOSEN THE RIGHT COLOUR FOR UR HAIR TYPE, AND MUST BHAVE USED THE WRONG PROXIDE.

SORRY TO HEAR IT WENT WRONG

(bismillah)

basicly henna&kohl were men make up in the past,i have heard (sorry no refernce)its mustahab to put on kohl&hennah for men ,but unfortunetly women have stolen it from us :angry:

both of them were use as akind of remedy ,hennah for example for rough palms of hands&sole of feet ,kohl for itching eyes ,also for babies with ophthalmia infection

^women have stolen it? why not for men and women?

it was joking ,but i think the henna used as i said for rough ,hard cracked hands&sole of feet which is more come among male cos of hard physical work done by men

but it deosn`t mean women can`t use it

Guest AALIYAH1
Just curious, if you use henna on light brown or blonde hair, what color does it turn?

well

i tried it

i had a natural hair color like honey or a light caramel color more blondish

i put red henna it came out orangish :squeez: lol .after a couple of times it became a really nice shadeof auburn .

i dont use henna as much as i used now i just use hair dye . ;) . but i think henna is awesome and i like the smell of it :wub:

i love puttin mehndi i remember first i couldnt do it i alwayz used to put stupid little squigly lines on my hand but now i can do it i do it for other people n wehn it comes to my turn i cant be bothered and no one else can do it very nice lol

i like henna, but hate the smell...so i dnt eat with henna on my hand

i like applying it to other people though..

I like henna dye. It smell also too good. If you regularly use henna on your hair, it gives you instant result. Henna helps to hair growth, reduce white hair, make thicker and stronger your hair. I always use henna also for hand mehandi designs. It gives me good result. Henna gives darker shade and looks amazing on hand and legs.