Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
bitto

wearing socks

Rate this topic

:Hijabi: :mad:

Salaamalaikum

i like wearing socks but can't agree always

cause once i went in a majaalis there some women criticised my wearing socks saying that how can one who is wearing socks be in wuzu.then later o i went to Imambara with wuzu but no socks and that day too women criticised me for not wearing socks .:) oh dear what to do?

Edited by BanuShia

Do want you want to do my friend...people sometimes just talk too much, if you have an attitude of only impressing Allah you'll progress a lot in life....letting people tell you what to do unjustly is not the way to go about it.

I do wuzu and wear socks to go to mosque....otherwise my feet will freeze!!!...and some in some mosques you'll have feet like coal by the end of the night ;)

Try this and they will never bother you again...tell them you have a problem with foot odor and need to wear socks but if they don't believe you they are free to sniff your socks, :P

Just Kidding, u will be known as girl with foot odor problem, lol

IGNORE them and do what you feel is rite

(bismillah) (salam)

The sock debate...............Love it

what these aunties have to do with our personal lives i dont know but in regards to socks i thought i might add something here that once you learn, thats assuming you dont already know it, so forgive me if you do, might be words to pass on

In Ayatullah Seestanis risallah it is said in rule 797 As a recommended precaution, she should also cover the soles of her feet.

So if we are meant to wear socks in front of our creator in namaz and our hijab emmulates the way we dress for namaz too, then doesnt socks then become part of our hijab too????

SALAM ORLITH

As a precaution do not wear black socks wear some other color sister,cause the cloth that cover KHANA-E-KAABA(the Holy Kaaba u know) is black.So for the purpose of EHTERAM(respect) ,i do not wear black socks ,i wear other color.I only suggest.

(salam)

Ruqayah I know the mujtahid has made it must for lady to wear socks,but he did not made it

must to wear BLACK socks.that it is what i was explaining to Orlith that the precaution I explained was not of socks ,but wearing color black below ur feet as i thought it is better to avoid black socks and wear colored socks as a sign of Ehteram for the Holy Kaaba.

Please read all the post so that u understand better.

Edited by BanuShia

(salam)

Ruqayah I know the mujtahid has made it must for lady to wear socks,but he did not made it

must to wear BLACK socks.that it is what i was explaining to Orlith that the precaution I explained was not of socks ,but wearing color black below ur feet as i thought it is better to avoid black socks and wear colored socks as a sign of Ehteram for the Holy Kaaba.

Please read all the post so that u understand better.

yes i know about this and asked sistanis staff of scholars and they said it is halal and that it is better to cover the feet with black sock in a society that doesnt like too much color. where im from colorful socks draw alot of attention cause black socks are the norm specially with sandals and most times the sock arent true black for long sometimes they are more dark dark grey atfter a few washings. and i buy them on sale and black socks are cheaper here but i will take your precaution underadvisement

Gosh! just tell them its part of hijab D=

PLUS, If you're already in wudhu, wearing socks wont break it. and when you have to perform wudhu just take the socks off and do it. Simple, innit?

:Hijabi: :mad:

Salaamalaikum

i like wearing socks but can't agree always

cause once i went in a majaalis there some women criticised my wearing socks saying that how can one who is wearing socks be in wuzu.then later o i went to Imambara with wuzu but no socks and that day too women criticised me for not wearing socks .:) oh dear what to do?

wa alaaykum salaam wr wb

Wearing socks has nothing to do with wudhu - you take them off to wipe your feet then put them back on.

You should wear socks whenever you are in a situation where namahram might see you, because covering the feet is part of the hijab (Islamic modest dress) requirements - i.e. it is wajib to cover the feet.

Salaam alaikum,

I have been said that old people wear black socks

but in my culture its otherwise old people wear brown socks...

well I wear both black and brown ones with my other hijab clothing.

Salaam alaikum,

I have been said that old people wear black socks

but in my culture its otherwise old people wear brown socks...

well I wear both black and brown ones with my other hijab clothing.

wa alaaykum salaam wr wb

Religiously speaking, the color, as far as I know, doesn't matter, as long as it covers fully. There is no objection to following the cultural norm, but one should not confuse the culture with the religion, as that leads to things like making haram what Allah swt permitted, etc.