Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is the meaning of this statement

Rate this topic

HR

• Advanced Member

Once Prophet Mohammed had said that if Hazrat Abuzar knew the difference between his degree of Iman and Hazrat Salman's, he would kill him.Not really sure about the exact hadith but the meaning of the the Hadith was the same and can anyone simplify the meaning of prophet's(s.a.w) this statement that Salman holds the tenth degree of Iman and Abuzar holds the ninth? :donno:

Edited by Hussain rizvi

• Advanced Member

We had this discussion in the old Chatroom. There were quite a number of people there. I think there was a knowledgeable Brother who gave the level of Iman for each Sahaba. Salman was at level 9, Abu Dhar and Ammar was at level8, Miqad was 7.etc

Guys, does anyone of you still remember this conversation. The Brother even explained what Imam Ali meant when he said that Abu Dhar would kill Salman if he know the level of Salman Al Fars.

I have forgotten. :(

• Advanced Member
We had this discussion in the old Chatroom. There were quite a number of people there. I think there was a knowledgeable Brother who gave the level of Iman for each Sahaba. Salman was at level 9, Abu Dhar and Ammar was at level8, Miqad was 7.etc

Guys, does anyone of you still remember this conversation. The Brother even explained what Imam Ali meant when he said that Abu Dhar would kill Salman if he know the level of Salman Al Fars.

I have forgotten. :(

salamz sis...zareen

what i hav heared from an Alim...is the HAZRAT SALMAN (ra) were at the 10th and the top most imam as well HAZRAT ABU ZAR GHAFFARi (ra) was at 9th darja of IMAN...

the difference was that once IMAM ALI (as) was chained and ppl started hitting Him on the ground...HAZRAT ABU ZAR AND HAZRAT SALMAN FARSI (ra) were standing there...

when ABU ZAR GHAFFARI saw this He took his sword out and said "im a old person...but not that much old person that i cannot defend my MOLA " (these were not the exact words..but im telling u the point) on the other hand HAZRAT SALMAN FARSI (ra) He has his hand on the sword...and didnt take it out...and said "i wont take my sword out untill my MOLA orders me to do so "

this was the difference

wa salamz

kumayl

• Advanced Member

Thanx for the replies :)

I knew about this incident where Salman Farsi was standing calmly when Ali(a.s) was tied with a rope.Surely something to ponder about.

What I wanted to know was what is the actual(deep) meaning of the "Darja of Iman" and what is the difference between Abu Zar and Salman's darja of Iman?

Sis Zareen I would look for the thread you have mentioned.Thanx

I have heard that Salman-e-Farsi's age was about 500 years old. Is that true?

Salam

• 12 years later...
  • Advanced Member

I have forgotten. sad.gif

We do have a hadeeth mentioning [if I remember correctly] Salmaan's faith is at 9 [out of 10], Abu Dhar's is at 8, and Miqdaad's is at 7. The specific hadeeth I read only mentioned them 3. I heard a lecture by Sayed Mahdi Modarresi [i think it was him] where he mentioned a hadeeth we have where someone asked our Imam (as) about the true Shia, and I think Imam (as) mentions Salmaan, Abu Dhar, and Miqdaad. The guy continues to ask about Ammar bin Yasir, but Imam (as) mentions that he's not on the level of the 3, and that the 3 NEVER doubted in them (as). Of course, I'm paraphrasing what I remember. 

Edited by NaveenHussain