Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Al-Askariya Shrine damaged by Explosives!

Rate this topic

skylight1

• Advanced Member
[edited]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why should I start on someone that is my brother or sister, when there are more imporatnt people we need to start on?!?! :shaytan: ...brother i have to break this to you- if every shia thought like you then us muslims will disolve our religion from the world ourelves...why are you giving the US what they want to hear?!?!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

005.jpg

المرجع الديني آية الله العظمى السيد محمد تقي المدرسي (دام ظله الوارف)

ان الاساءة الى مراقد آل الرسول هي اساءة الى الرسول ، واننا اذ ندين هذه العملية نؤكد على ما يلي:

1ـ على كل المسلمين في العراق الدفاع عن المقدسات بالمسيرات الحاشدة وبالتنديد المستمر.

2ـ على وزارتي الداخلية والدفاع تحمل مسؤوليتهما كاملة في الدفاع عن المقدسات في العراق، وحمايتها بكل ما أتوا من قوة.

3ـ على المسلمين الدفاع عن اهل البيت باعتباره دفاعا عن الرسول الاكرم صلى الله عليه وآله.. وان التقصير في هذا الشأن لا يغتفر عند الله سبحانه.

4ـ على علماء السنة في العراق الوقوف امام الفتنة الطائفية التي يشعلها بعض الجهلاء، وان يكون تنديدهم لمثل هذه الاعمال بمستوى هذه الجرائم المرتكبة.

This is an insult to the honour of Ahlul ALabyte; this horrible crime must be repelled by the following:

1) All Muslims in Iraq must defend the honour of our Imams by forming massive demonstrations and constant condemnations.

2) The interior and defence ministries must take it upon themselves in embracing their responsibilities by protecting the Holy Shrines and repel all assaults with all the power they have.

3) All Muslims must defend Ahlul-Alabyte because it is defending the Holy Prophet himself; those who don’t participate in this shall see no forgiveness for their actions.

4) The scholars of Ahlul Alsunna in Iraq to stand before sectarian divisions that is ignited by some ignorant people; their condemnation must be on the same level as that of the crime.

And to Allah we grieve.

http://www.ebaa.net/khaber/2006/02/22/khaber005.htm

(salam)

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Regardless who done this, the fact is, when Shia appear to be working with America, (which is actually true), then we are essentially inviting the ignorant Muslims to attack the Shia. This reliance on America is not only a political disaster, but its deepening the divide between the Shia and Sunni.

How is America's presence helping the Shia when they are more vulnerable now then under Saddam?

InshaAllah these bombings will in the very least awaken the Shia of Iraq to the realisation that its relationship with America must end immediately without delay.

• Advanced Member

just have a read on the follwoing website under 'have your say' and you will read comments from some people who truly hate Islam and it makes me sick....you will know what i mean when you read them.... and here are some people creating strife between our own brethrins?? What for?? Please unite oh muslims!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4738472.stm

May Allah hasten the re-appearance of our 12th Imam (a.s).

• Advanced Member

i think what son of fatima means is

do not make urself a slave to the sunni, he is tekniakkyl and correctly saying to foget the happy cheerful side of it, not to fite them!!!

i agree, over time us tryin to peace with sunnis has resulted in.......NOTHING

each time we jus get more attacked, now tell me in history, is this not true?

yes no?

so brothers and sisters it in our best wish to stop persecutuin one another, and causing a more major divison and UNITE on this board before worrying about whther not to unite with sunnis?

unity sounds like a way of sayin u agree with the allie and joining their forces

unitin with sunni, and only sunni (sunnis are open mineded and undersatanding) thats one thing...but to unite with sunni (the ones responsible for this!!!!) astaakfarllah...NEVER

in this time we must follow our marja strictly, and be patient

remmber, you can be un-united and still be right, jus be peaceful

shake the hand of the enemy (4 peace)if u HAVE to, dusnt mean u are with them

so people on the board i say chill out,

BRAINS FULLL OF WISDOM IS BETTER THAN A FIST FULL OF ANGER

-says aya.Sistani rep, on sky news

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

See by yourself how their headlines appear n tell me wat is the common goal they r all tryin to acheive..

CNN, USA

Shiite mosque bombing sparks attacks on Sunnis

27 Sunni sites targeted; 3 imams killed.

ABC NEWS, USA

Sunnis Hit After Shiite Shrine Blast

ABC, Australia

Iraqi cleric Sadr vows revenge over shrine blast

BBC, UK

Iraq shrine blast sparks protests

Tens of thousands of people have staged protests across Iraq after a bomb attack heavily damaged one of the holiest sites in Shia Islam.

FOX NEWS, USA

Shrine Attack Brings Reprisals and Fear

A large explosion heavily damaged the golden dome of one of Iraq's most famous Shiite shrines Wednesday, spawning mass protests and triggering reprisal attacks against Sunni mosques. It was the third major attack against Shiite targets this week and threatened to stoke sectarian tensions.

MSNBC, USA

Iraq mosque blast sparks sectarian anger

Reprisals, protest following attack on shrine raise fears of civil war

CHANNEL4, UK

Iraq could be heading for civil war as one of its holiest Shi'ite shrines was destroyed by Sunni militants.

CHANNEL5, UK

Violence Erupts After Shrine Bombed

The Prime Minister said Britain was ready to make a contribution towards rebuilding the Askariya mosque.

The bombing has already sparked a wave of violence which has seen six Sunni Muslims killed and dozens of Sunni mosques attacked.

SKY NEWS, UK

Anger Over Shrine Attack

The bombing has already sparked a wave of violence which has seen six Sunni Muslims killed and dozens of Sunni mosques attacked.

n last but not the least

THE WHITE HOUSE

President Extends Condolences and Condemns Bombing of the Golden Mosque in Samarra to Iraqi People.

The United States stands ready to do all in its power to assist the Government of Iraq to identify and bring to justice those responsible for this terrible act. And the American people pledge to work with the people of Iraq to rebuild and restore the Golden Mosque of Samarra to its former glory.

Unite All Lovers of Allah, Muhammed (pbuh) and AhlulBayt (as)

wa salaam

Edited by arsh_hussain

• Advanced Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just can't belive this happend?!?!?!

May Allah throw those involved in the deepest part of Hell ilha yameen!

May all our shia brother/sisiters have sabar, this is really heartbreaking!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Advanced Member
(salam)

Regardless who done this, the fact is, when Shia appear to be working with America, (which is actually true), then we are essentially inviting the ignorant Muslims to attack the Shia. This reliance on America is not only a political disaster, but its deepening the divide between the Shia and Sunni.

How is America's presence helping the Shia when they are more vulnerable now then under Saddam?

InshaAllah these bombings will in the very least awaken the Shia of Iraq to the realisation that its relationship with America must end immediately without delay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I feel what you are saying brother!!!

• Advanced Member
(salam)

[edited]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro as much as i may agree with you, we must show a degree of patient with todays calamities. Us shia are not a nation of words, we are a nation of action, and when action is taken against those responsible, trust me they will perish.

Its true what the brother said about the killers of fatimah zahra s.a, some would rather keep relations with people, then show their animosity towards something.

Do you not realise that in regards to the ahlul bayt, ' we are war with those at war against you, and we make peace with those who make peace against you. Decide what you are, a lover of ahlul bayt (as) or a friend of those who support her killers.

ya imam zamana adrikni. our condolences on todays massacres, we are with you. we call upon you, and seek your guidance so you can avenge the door that broke the rib of your mother. adrikni ya imam.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

For those who are interested in watching live coverage of this sinful crime against the Family of the Holy Prophet and listen to callers from all over the Muslim world condemning the attacks: Please click on ‘Live Broadcast’ icon and you’ll be able to be connected live on Al-Anwar Channel in Arabic:

http://www.alkarbalaeia.net/

(salam)

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

See by yourself how their headlines appear n tell me wat is the common goal they r all tryin to acheive..

CNN, USA

Shiite mosque bombing sparks attacks on Sunnis

27 Sunni sites targeted; 3 imams killed.

ABC NEWS, USA

Sunnis Hit After Shiite Shrine Blast

ABC, Australia

Iraqi cleric Sadr vows revenge over shrine blast

BBC, UK

Iraq shrine blast sparks protests

Tens of thousands of people have staged protests across Iraq after a bomb attack heavily damaged one of the holiest sites in Shia Islam.

FOX NEWS, USA

Shrine Attack Brings Reprisals and Fear

A large explosion heavily damaged the golden dome of one of Iraq's most famous Shiite shrines Wednesday, spawning mass protests and triggering reprisal attacks against Sunni mosques. It was the third major attack against Shiite targets this week and threatened to stoke sectarian tensions.

MSNBC, USA

Iraq mosque blast sparks sectarian anger

Reprisals, protest following attack on shrine raise fears of civil war

CHANNEL4, UK

Iraq could be heading for civil war as one of its holiest Shi'ite shrines was destroyed by Sunni militants.

CHANNEL5, UK

Violence Erupts After Shrine Bombed

The Prime Minister said Britain was ready to make a contribution towards rebuilding the Askariya mosque.

SKY NEWS, UK

Anger Over Shrine Attack

Unite All Lovers of Allah, Muhammed (pbuh) and AhlulBayt (as)

wa salaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahsent brother i see what u mean, the line betwenshia and sunni is bein drawn

and this is praktikally one of those times in history where...

by choosing peace us shia can either keep islam ONE religion

or be like moqtada, and make it 2

the choice is there brothers and sisters

DO THE RIGHT THING AND LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE SISTAANI

FOLLOW WHOEVER UR MARJAE IS PLZZZZ

this is IMAM AL MAHDIS biggest wosh without doubt, dont lt him return to a shia ummah which is divided :cry:

• Advanced Member
More Wahabi inspired fitnah by the looks of it. May those responsible be destroyed by the Almighty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When ever there is a crime committed there is condemnation from all quarters of the world.

If all the Muslim people (Shia, Sunni all ) openly condemn this crime – Especially all the Sunni mosques and leaders in Iraq --- and there is open condemnation from all the Muslim countries and organizations round the world --- and Wahabi are made to explain their stand as they are most likely to commit this crime, ----- This will force the Americans to provide answers for all the atrocities we see in Iraq.

If they (the Americans) are not fueling the sectarian crises they should withdraw and allow the Iraqi people to form their own unity government under the observation of the neighboring states

Edited by Ali Fazel

• Advanced Member
[edited]!

America hate the Shia if not more than the Wahabi's as they see the Shia just as expendable as do the Wahabi's. So I am at a loss as to why there is such a furor over a mob of village Muslims and no furor over a powerful nation like America that has systematically killed the Shia of Iraq for 30 years.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

I besiege all Shias to hold their emotions, and not attack the ignorant masses of Ahlul Alsunna; I agree with all of you that those who have done this are the neo-Nawasib of our time – Be patient and ask for the hasten advent of our Holy Mahdi!

Those who insult other members or other sects will be warned; control your emotions; leave the internet and pray/read the Qur’an.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
Decide what you are, a lover of ahlul bayt  (as)  or a friend of those who support her killers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a Lover of the Ahlulbayt (as) ...always have been and always will be!!!

But i'm not going to call them 'killers'...some of them aren't even aware of these stories...why should i mistreat them when there only wrong-doing was not doing more research into their sect...Islamic Unity is the only thing we need in this era...we have enough enemies as it is, lets stand together and stop looking at our diffeences!!!!! *i don't know how many more times i have to say this :Hijabi: )

Stupid US...with stupid Bush, they know what they are doing back in the white house...causing fitna that seems to have actually worked...Down with them :mad:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wo...dnews-headlines

last at Iraqi Shiite Shrine Spawns Reprisals Against Sunnis

Email this story

Printer friendly format

Photo Gallery

A Shattered Shrine

A Shattered Shrine

Breaking News Alerts

Be the first to know when news happens on Long Island.

Click here to subscribe.

By Louise Roug and Zaydan Khalaf

Times Staff Writers

February 22, 2006, 2:59 PM EST

SAMARRA, Iraq -- Armed and angry Shiite Muslims attacked several Sunni mosques in Baghdad today after insurgents destroyed one of the country's holiest Shiite shrines here during a morning assault, stoking the deep sectarian conflict in the country.

The golden dome of the once-majestic shrine along the banks of the Tigris River was completely sheared off. Gunmen stormed the shrine, kicked out the guards and set the explosive devices that destroyed the dome, according to witnesses.

At least 10 Sunni mosques throughout Baghdad were attacked in apparent reprisals, some of them torched or shot at with rocket-propelled grenades, police said. Government officials and powerful clerics called for calm, but their statements were tinged with anger.

Even Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani, long a voice of restraint in the face of violence against his Shiite followers, hinted that the attack on the shrine required a militant response.

"The Iraqi government now is supported more than ever, and if its security apparatuses are not able to offer the required security, then the faithful must be able to do it, with the help of God," according to a statement released by Sistani's office in Najaf.

U.S. officials condemned the attack in a statement and vowed to fund the rebuilding of the shrine, a call echoed by Samarra tribal leaders, most of them Sunnis, and Iraq's Kurdish president, Jalal Talabani.

"Terrorists in Iraq have again proven that they are enemies of all faiths and of all humanity," President Bush said today in a statement.

He echoed the call for restraint among Iraqis.

"I ask all Iraqis to exercise restraint in the wake of this tragedy, and to pursue justice in accordance with the laws and constitution of Iraq," Bush said. "Violence will only contribute to what the terrorists sought to achieve by this act."

Meanwhile, in the southern city of Basra, angry Shiites stormed and burned the office of the Iraqi Islamic Party, a Sunni political group, as well as the main Sunni mosque in the city, officials and witnesses said.

The morning attack on the Samarra shrine — one of four major Shiite holy sites in Iraq — sent waves of shock and panic across the country as Iraqis of all sects and ethnic backgrounds braced for reprisals and regional consequences. Prime Minister Ibrahim Jafari ordered government offices closed while Sistani called for a week of mourning.

"Many ignorant people will be pushed to do the same to the Sunni sacred places," said Brig. Gen. Mudhir Moula, a high-ranking official in the Iraqi Defense Ministry. "This may be the start of the civil war."

Demonstrations broke out in the capital and throughout Iraq's mostly Shiite south. In Baghdad's Sadr City, loyalists to rebel cleric Muqtada Sadr wielded AK-47s and chanted condemnation.

Abdelaziz Hakim, leader of the largest Shiite party, the Supreme Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq, blamed recent statements by U.S. Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad that he called "irresponsible." On Monday, the ambassador encouraged the formation of a national unity government that would include Sunnis and sharply criticized the conduct of Shiite-dominated security forces.

"He did not act like an ambassador," Hakim said. "His statement gave the green light to the terrorist groups and therefore we blame him for part of what happened."

The attack in Samarra also fueled anger in Iran, Bahrain, Lebanon and South Asia, with Shiite leaders demanding apologies and the safeguarding of sites sacred to their sect's followers. Iran's supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, also called for a week of mourning.

No one took responsibility for the near destruction of the shrine, where the remains of three of the faith's 12 chief imams, or saints, are believed to be resting.

Shiites and Sunnis both revere the prophet Muhammad but split over the lines of succession early in the history of Islam. Sunnis believe the various caliphs were the leaders of the faith, while Shiites revere 12 descendants of the prophet.

The 10th and 11th descendants, the imams Ali Hadi and Hassan Askari, are buried in the gold-domed shrine. A nearby blue-tiled shrine houses the cellar where the last saint, the imam Mahdi, was said to have disappeared. His return is said to herald the start of a new age.

The government put the security forces on high alert. Hundreds of Iraqi soldiers were dispatched to protect Sunni neighborhoods in Baghdad. In the western neighborhood of Adamiya, security forces closed off streets, preventing access to Abu Hanifa, the capital's main Sunni mosque.

Across the river, in the predominately Shiite neighborhood of Kahdimiya, closed shops were draped with banners condemning the attacks.

Groups of men, wearing black headbands and carrying AK-47s, surrounded throngs of demonstrators. Some of the protesters were crying or beating their chests in despair.

"This will ignite problems between the Sunnis and Shiites," said Haider Hazem, a 24-year-old shop owner who was taking part in the demonstration. "The Shiites are very angry. The Wahhabis committed the ugliest thing ever. We can't stand it any longer. We are ready to sacrifice our lives."

Is that the way to behave, kill sunnis and destroy their mosques in the stead of zionist american forces behind this? :mad:

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Is that the way to behave, kill sunnis and destroy their mosques in the stead of zionist american forces behind this?

Please control your emotions; if the Zionists and Americans were truly behind this, they would have destroyed the Masjid Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock long ago – Lets not shift the blame away from those who truly are responsible for this.

Calm down and be sensible.

(salam)

(bismillah)

CONDOLENCES TO IMAM MAHDI (ATFS) AND THE SHIA WORLD IN THIS SAD DAY.

IT IS EVEN MORE SAD TO SEE SO MUNAFIQ WANKERS PRETENDING TO BE SHIAS VEHEMENTLY DEFEND THE NASIBIS AND BAKRIS.

IT IS TRULY THEIR INTENTION TO SPARK HATRED WITHIN THE SHIA COMMUNITY.

THEIR INTENTIONS HAVE BEEN KNOWN FOR LONG TIME, WE ARE ALL AWARE OF THEIR CUNNING PLANS.

IT IS VERY FUNNY HOW THE ISLAMICDIGEST IDIOTIC CREW ALL FLOCKED IN HERE AT ONCE. SOME OF THESE IDIOTS HAVE SUGGESTED IT IS THE SHIAS FAULT FOR "COOPERATING" WITH THE OCCUPIERS.

AS IF THIS IS TIME FOR CHEAP POLITICAL GAINS? YES THIS IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT.

EVER SINCE DAY ONE OF ISLAM, SO-CALLED MUSLIMS HAVE SET UP TO DESTROY THE NAME OF ALI (as) AND ANYONE WHO IS ASSOCIATED WITH HIM.

HISTORY RECALLS, WAHHABIS DESTROYED IMAM HUSAYN'S (as) SHRINE IN THE 19TH CENTURY.

THE SAME PEOPLE HAVE KILLED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE; TO DESTROY A SHRINE IS ANOTHER EASY TASK FOR THEM.

IT WAS THE MOTHER [Edited Out]ING SUNNI WHO HAVE DONE THIS.

MAY Allah HASTEN THE RISE OF IMAM TO TEACH THESE BAKRIS A LESSON.

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

Please control your emotions; if the Zionists and Americans were truly behind this, they would have destroyed the Masjid Al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock long ago – Lets not shift the blame away from those who truly are responsible for this.

In that case they wud be uniting the Muslims against them...brother what we are missing is the golden principle of Imperialist powers: Divide and Rule...

It is not difficult to imagine who will be main beneficiary in a civil war situation...

(bismillah)

Calm down and be sensible.

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salam brother,

what are you implying, that sunnis were behind this? Is that why shia militiamen have since destroyed 9 sunni mosques - house of Allah - till now?

IT WAS THE MOTHER [Edited Out]ING SUNNI WHO HAVE DONE THIS.

MAY Allah HASTEN THE RISE OF IMAM TO TEACH THESE BAKRIS A LESSON.

This is sickening. Is that how shias treat the sunnis? Should i recall all you shias what you have done till now. All you have done is to destroy the houses of Allah, which included the attack on Holy Kaaba in the 80s !

Why blame the sunnis for this, what have they done to you? :sick:

Salam

The wahhabis have murdered and abused Hundreds of thousands of Shias in Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan for decades. Yet we always showed restraint and showed who the better people are. I condemn this attack on the sunni mousques, as it shows we are stooping down to the level of the Wahhabi/Deobandi terrorists. InshAllah, Allah will give justice to the Shia for the years of torture the wahhabis/deobandis have given us. We must learn from Ayatollah Sistani and show restraint. May Allah punish those who destroyed the Shrines.

Also many of the Shia bro's here are angry at the sunnis. Remember , sunnis aren't our enemies, it is the wahhabi and deobandis. Wahhabis and Deobandis are the true enemies of Shias, and of Islam and we must protest against them. We should let the world know who the True Terrorists are.