In the Name of God بسم الله

Al-Askariya Shrine damaged by Explosives!

Rate this topic

skylight1

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I would just like to show my deepest condolence May Allah SWT take revenge in his own way and seek guidence to all May Allah SWT grant all the momins Jannah Inshallah, who eva comes across this plz recite Al-Fateah for all the people killed in the attack. Much appreciated.

ma slaam

Edited by syeda_786

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle....ml&related=true

Iraqi cleric Sadr vows revenge over shrine blast

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:53 AM ET

Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Shi'ite Muslim cleric Moqtada al-Sadr blamed the bombing of a Shi'ite shrine in the Iraqi town of Samarra on Wednesday on Sunni Arab militants and vowed to take revenge, a spokesman for Sadr said.

"We will not only condemn and protest but we will act against those militants. If the Iraqi government does not do its job to defend the Iraqi people we are ready to do so," said Abdel Hadi al-Darajee of Sadr's position.

Members of Sadr's Mehdi Army militia have already clashed with Sunnis in Diwaniya and Basra.

Sunni Arab militants loyal to al Qaeda have claimed responsibility for many of the bombing attacks that have killed thousands of Shi'ites.

Sadr, who led two uprisings against U.S. and Iraqi troops, has become a kingmaker in Iraqi politics after joining a Shi'ite alliance that will have the biggest bloc in parliament after December 15 elections.

Witnesses said scores of his militiamen armed with AK-47 assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenades took over streets in his Baghdad stronghold of Sadr City after the Samarra attack.

I pray that Syed Sistani(ha) and Syed Modaressi(ha) can prevent a civil war and calm down Syed Sadr, as he could be a threat to stability in the region.

Peace

Was salams

• Advanced Member

Al-Khoei Foundation Expresses Indignation at the Blast Damaging the Holy Shrine in Samarra, Iraq

Available at: http://al-huda.al-khoei.org/news/44/ARTICL...2006-02-22.html

Al-Khoei Benevolent Foundation expresses its indignation at the bomb blast that damaged the Holy Shrine in Samarra, Iraq and took the lives of an unknown number of innocent worshippers.

A statement released early morning on Feb 22, 2006 said, “We are saddened and angered over the attack and urge Muslims wordwide to come out openly and peacefully to condemn this act of terrorism.”

“It is not an attack on a Shiite shrine, but an attack on human civilization and an attempt at creating disunity among Iraqis. No matter how calm and quite we may seem, but the fact is that this action has left an indelible mark on our hearts and minds.” said Sheikh Fadhel Al-Sahlani the US Representative of Ayatollah Sistani and the director of the Foundation.

Beneath the golden that is destroyed are four graves, those of Imam Ali al-Naqi (10th Imam) his son, Imam Hasan al-Askari (11th Imam), Hakimah Khatoon, the sister of Imam Ali al-Naqi and Nargis Khatoon, the mother of Imam al-Mahdi.

“Bombing of this religious site in the holy month of Moharram is very symbolic. It embodies the hate terrorists and their allies keep for the Muslims of Shiite pursuation and other faiths in their heart. It has become more important now for the larger Muslim Ummah to dissociate itself with such attacks and join us in a compaign to stomp extremist elements”, said Syed Meesam Razvi, the United Nations Representative of the Foundation.

Al-Khoei Foundation expresses its condolences to the Leader of our time (Imam Al-Mahdi) and families of the victims of the wanton carnage in Samarra and prays for the speedy recovery of the injured victims of the senseless, cowardly act of the anti-Islamic inimical forces.

Al-Khoei Benevolent Foundation, established by Grand Ayatollah Al-Khoei (ra) in 1989, is the largest Shi’a Muslim religious-charitable organization. The Foundation has more than 15 branches all across the world, where it is responsible for the maintenance of Schools, Colleges, Universities and Islamic Centers. The Foundation is the only Shi’a Muslim organization that enjoys a General Consultative Status with United Nations.

• Advanced Member

Dear Momineen and all those who are effected by this Tragic act

Salam Alaikum - May Allah Hasten the reappearance of Imam (as) to avenge this tragic and brutal act.

I have been contacting well connected people in Iraq, Lebanon and UAE and they are all raising their doubts on Hamas for this incident. I dont know if this is true or not but well resourced officials are connecting HAMAS Group in this incident.

Point to note here is that Hamas and Al fatah who were staunch opponents to each other and have been fighting each other for so long - even Yasser Arafat one of the founders of Al Fatah was not able to bring the 2 groups together - All of a sudden they have joined Hands and are preparing to make a joint Govt. Which is very very strange and may have deeper things to it than we can see or hear.

I am telling you what i those people across the arab world are saying. We have to look at everyone with caution Now.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Qom Ulema declare Thursday as mourning day for attacks on holy shrines in Iraq Qom, Feb 22, IRNA

Iran-Iraq-Mourning

Following the bombing of the Shiite shrines of Imam Ali al-Naqi and Imam Hassan al-Askari in Samarra, north of Baghdad, Ulema along with theological students in Qom declared Thursday as mourning day, Manager of Qom Seminary School Hashem Hosseini said on Wednesday.

A special ceremony is to he held in A'zam mosque in Qom on Thursday to protest the savage act, he said.

All seminary schools nationwide will be closed on Saturday and ceremonies will be held in condemnation of such sacrilegious attack, he said.

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-234/0...21113180722.htm

• Advanced Member
Alright, i want to know what exactly is al Askariya Shrine?

Secondly, i want to know why are shias always blaming us sunnis for such acts?

Thirdly, we should be striving for shia-sunni unity at this moment in iraq, instead of fighting amongst ourselves which resulted in saddam backed govt. eliminating shia extremists.

Lastly, i would like to congralute Djibrillcisse, Ehsan, Shabbirhassanally and others for posting such wonderful posts in favor of sunnis. They have highlighted the situation perfectly.

SubhanAllah, we need more shias like them :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

This is also a time for Sunni's around the world to condemn this attack against every Shia around the world. If the Shia of Iraq do not hear condemnations (and some courageous Sunni Ulama already have, alhamullilah) from our Sunni brothers and receive their COOPERATION in finding those responsible then this will become a serious issue. InshahAllah, we will receive help and support in this matter from those who call for unity.

Guest Kawthar
iraqis (in general, shias/sunnis etc.) have always been persecuted and oppressed..

and noone does anything about...

its going to continue til..

God only knows...

(salam)

You will be oppressed as long as you allow others to oppress you. No one can help you when you don't do anything to change your situation.

(salam)

• Advanced Member
(salam)

You will be oppressed as long as you allow others to oppress you. No one can help you when you don't do anything to change your situation.

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you sayin shias in iraq allowed themselves to be oppressed,,,change their situation???

lets go back to the uprising (why saddam is in trial) and they did try ..n noone helped...

...just one out of many examples..

(salam)

• Advanced Member

Any sunni groups outside of Iraq condemning this? Any protests? Any embassies being burned? Any flags being torched? Any cars being destroyed? hmm.... I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

22cnd-shrine.2.450.jpg

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Edited by Dhulfiqar

• Veteran Member

Power of justice goes to Allah in this sad day. We need to stay calm and not to fall in the trap set by our enemies (Lord knows who they really are).

Dear Momineen and all those who are effected by this Tragic act

Salam Alaikum - May Allah Hasten the reappearance of Imam (as) to avenge this tragic and brutal act.

I have been contacting well connected people in Iraq, Lebanon and UAE and they are all raising their doubts on Hamas for this incident. I dont know if this is true or not but well resourced officials are connecting HAMAS Group in this incident.

Point to note here is that Hamas and Al fatah who were staunch opponents to each other and have been fighting each other for so long - even Yasser Arafat one of the founders of Al Fatah was not able to bring the 2 groups together - All of a sudden they have joined Hands and are preparing to make a joint Govt. Which is very very strange and may have deeper things to it than we can see or hear.

I am telling you what i those people across the arab world are saying. We have to look at everyone with caution Now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to say that this kind of assumptions is a sign of weakness for us since we are easily manipulated these days (see the caricatures of our Prophet (pbuh) , so we should stay conscious and not let our passions lead our actions.

Prayer and Du'as

Salams

Guest TheFollower
Any sunni groups outside of Iraq condemning this? Any protests? Any embassies being burned? Any flags being torched? Any cars being destroyed? hmm.... I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

22cnd-shrine.2.450.jpg

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

INNA LILAH WA INNA ILAHE RAJIOUN!!!

the above pic really concerns me.............i am hoping if anyone cound help me understand that if the dome is fully blown up,this means the bombs were placed just by the shrine below cuz the dome is directly above the shrine.And if this is the case,is the zareeh is completely destroyed??? And wht of the actual graves???

PLZ reply me ASAP.................

WAI AAZ DIL E HUSSAIN!!!!

• Site Administrators

Salams,

It seems like the dome was hit from outside, causing all the rocks, cement and debree to fall on top of the actual shrine.

If this is the case, it means our Imam is under the rubble :(

• Site Administrators

I just had br. Abdul Hussain telling me he saw on TV the sword, shield and turban of the Imam (as) being carried out of the shrine, meaning the debris did fall on the actual shrine and destroyed it.

I remember from my visit to Samirra that the shrine WAS in fact directly under the dome.

Ya Mahdi :(

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I confess I'd grown somewhat immune and desensitized to the reports of daily bombings and such in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. Until I heard about what happened today. Nothing else has so horrified and shocked me to the core like this has. This attack feels so different from all the other suicide bombings and stuff...this feels as if someone actually attacked one of the Holy Imams (as) themselves. :cry:

What irks me is seeing some of our Shia brothers rushing to defend the Sunnis and even Wahabbis and blaming it on the US/Zionist boogeyman as Muslims have sadly become accustomed to doing. Puleeeeese!! Are you really so naive as to believe no Wahabbi would dare harm the shrine of a Shia Imam? Have you forgotten about the monsters who blew up Jannat ul-Baqi? Are the Israelis the ones bombing Shia mosques left and right or your Taliban friends? Anyone with half a brain can see this is the work of al-Qaida and/or the Baathists. What could the US or Israel possibly have to gain from bombing the shrine? They have enough problems already with the war in Iraq and Muslim anger directed at them why would they want to fan the flames of the fire? They may be kafirs but they've respected our religious institutions far more than Wahabbis ever have. I agree with Ayat. Sistani's call to refrain from violence against Sunnis but every al-Qaida terrorist should be hunted down and snuffed out.

• Advanced Member

(salam) "Only a fool follows fool." Some persons in here have openly decided to fall into the trap that has been set up for them to fall into. They don't think, they don't observe, they just see, become emotional and turn reactionary. The dome is blown off a shia shrine and it becomes the Sunnis who have done this. In a place where war is raging, did it ever occur to some of you that maybe the bigger enemy has done this in order to create further divisions between two parties? Who benefits from this blowing up? What benefits are gained from it for the sunnis? Some of you want to yell WAHABI WAHABI WAHABI but issued from the same person are the words and actions cut from the same cloth. Why don't you emotional people who react based on emotion sit for a while and think about things first? Everything is not as it seems. And ask yourself this question...what do the Iraqis themselves think? They are the ones over there. They're the ones with the most to lose in terms of family and loved ones and with this shrine that is in their neighborhood. What do they think and feel about this? They'd be more justified in giving us an analysis as opposed to some person sitting here in other parts of the world relying on BBC or CNN. A warning to some of you. Stop trying to cause division. You do absolutely nothing for the diin except to further hatred bewteen brothers.

• Veteran Member

^^

(bismillah)

(salam)

What proof do you have that the "bigger enemy" is behind this? Based on past-precedent and logically speaking the al-Qaida terrorists are the only ones who would have motive for doing this. I'm really tired of how Muslims make the US and Israel the scapegoat for every problem. Why is it ok to jump to conclusions about America but not Sunnis? Has it ever occured to you that maybe the enemy lies amongst us?

• Advanced Member
In His Name, the Most High

Salaams

I mean come on people; we've just passe the time of Ashura; and coming upto Arbaeen, we know what Sayyedah Zaynab(A) and Imam Sajjad(A) experienced in Kerbala, Shaam (Damascus), Kufa, etc; but they were advised NOT to curse randomly and such.

az-Zahra(A) was told by Ali(A) not to curse those who harmed her.

Yet it's okay for us to curse and create problems?  To play into the hands of the enemies of Allah who want us to be at each other's throat so that they can rape and pillage our land and resources; destroy our generations through their corruption and vice?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

first of all they wer told nt 2 curse ppl who harmed thm because ther whole nasl wud b cursed... it wud actually affect them... ther curse cud ruin a person thts y they wer stopped... not coz it ws wrong... oh no

ur 4gtin Tabarra is part of the Usool-e-deen... our curses do not effect the lanatis but show our love for the Ahlulbayt (as) and how much we h8 their enemies...after all their enemies r our enemies!!

2nd of all wahabbis say tht if u kill 1 shia u will go 2 heaven...wen they believe tht u think they cannot harm the shrine of Imam Hassan Al Askari (as)???

u tell us 2 do sabr...sabr 4 wt??? more bombings... the more silent we stay the more

they will attack us... its time we stood up 4 ourselves and showed ppl we r nt cowards... they have attacked us its time we defended...

its time 4 JIHAD!! B)

• Advanced Member
INNA LILAH WA INNA ILAHE RAJIOUN!!!

the above pic really concerns me.............i am hoping if anyone cound help me understand that if the dome is fully blown up,this means the bombs were placed just by the shrine below cuz the dome is directly above the shrine.And if this is the case,is the zareeh is completely destroyed??? And wht of the actual graves???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salams,

It seems like the dome was hit from outside, causing all the rocks, cement and debree to fall on top of the actual shrine.

If this is the case, it means our Imam is under the rubble :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but the graves are underground.. the zareeh is only a symbol on top of it, so if all the rubble fell on the zareeh, wouldnt it still be protecting the grave? :unsure:

Guest newsbot

Salaam,

Theres a simple answer for which many shiachatters are struggling for.

Both dajjal and abu-sufiyani's army are our enemies. The act itself is done by the wahhabis but is supported by americans.

There is a hadith which says that abu-sufiyani will rise in the name of islam killing shias while he'll be backed by christians and jews.

end of discussion

khudahafez

Edited by newsbot

• Advanced Member

(salam)

The lack of condemnation by the sunnis at the bombings of innocent shia in Iraq is worrying, to say the least.....

Inshallah this contemptible attack will not have the same silent result and will be condemned by every Muslim.

May Allah(swt) never give the perpetrators of this savage attack peace.....

• Site Administrators

Salam,

Obviously the body of the Imams (as) were not harmed in any way, but the symbolic shrine along with the dome being attacked or damaged is just like if the body itself was damaged.

When people want to come close the body they kiss the walls of the shrine because these walls have become holy as well - Same issue here.

Guest Kawthar

(salam)

It is ridiculous to blame Hamas. Their leader is in Iran right now and they have Iran's support.

(salam)

• Site Administrators
(salam)

The lack of condemnation by the sunnis at the bombings of innocent shia in Iraq is worrying, to say the least.....

Inshallah this contemptible attack will not have the same silent result and will be condemned by every Muslim.

May Allah(swt) never give the perpetrators of this savage attack peace.....

The sunnies ARE condemning it. Watch the news. The majority of the sunni leaders are speaking out alhamdullilah.

• Advanced Member

a wery sad incident indeed

if there was any person who got martyred during this attack , may Allah swt give the person jannah. inna hi lillah wa innah i leihi rajeoon.

i hope that members of the sunni and shia aqeedas dont use this as a excuse to make a further war between each others. both our fiqhs cooperated during the mohammad saww paintings...