In the Name of God بسم الله

Al-Askariya Shrine damaged by Explosives!

Rate this topic

skylight1

• Advanced Member
In His Name, the Most High

Salaams

There are countless reasons why there are some of us who will fight actively to quell and quash the flames of sectarian strife.  Why we constantly advocate Islamc Unity, and why we condemn in the strongest terms any activity that will cause division - including (but not limited to) cursing the kaliphs of the Muslims - including Abu Bakr, Umar ibn al-Khattab and Uthmaan bin Affan.

If only you could understand why.

We - as Shia - constantly claim to follow the line of Imam Ali(A), who in turn followed the line of Rasul Allah(S), and yet; there are many i our rank who are an abomination to the line of Imam Ali(A).  Why do I say this?  Simple; because when we start speaking evil about the kaliphs and the wife of the Prophet(S), Aisha, and others; we are driving a knife - a rusty knife - through the heart of Islam.

This is the net result.  Hatred breeds hate.

I am a Muslim, a lover of the Ahl al-Bayt(A), how is it that there are those who claim to be lovers of Ahl al-Bayt(A) but who drive people away from Ahl al-Bayt(A) and create a climate where Muslms are being actively repelled from Ahl al-Bayt(A), because of those who claim to follow Ahl al-Bayt(A)?

Think about what I'm saying.  Please for the sake of Allah, think about what you're doing.

There are those who say that "cursing is part of Islam"- and they cite the concept of Tabarra, well with respect; Tabarra is disassociation from those who have enmity towards the Prophet(S) and Ahl al-Bayt(A) - but you can take a slightly more in-depth look at that; it's not just those who bear enmity towards the Prophet(S) and Ahl al-Bayt(A); but also those who through their actions, words and deeds push people away from the Prophet(S) and Ahl al-Bayt(A).  Understand what I am saying.

During the time of the Aimmah(A); there were many people who hated them, and bore them ill will; yet tell me - did the Aimmah(A) start cursing them?  Calling them by terrible names - such a "bakris" or "nawasib", etc, etc?  Or did the Aimmah(A) always work towards reconciliation, towards moving the Ummah together?

The answer is obvious, as can be seen from the reaction of Imam Ali(A) towards even that person who wanted to murder him.

It is important for us to realise that this activity of cursing and name calling, serves only those who hate Islam, and wish to see the Ummah fragmented, disunited and weak.

Please think about this.

Let us rise above all this sectarian rubbish, and learn to become Muslims of whome Prophet Muhammad(S), and the Ahl al-Bayt(A) would be proud.

A "Shia" is one who follows the line of the Prophet(S) and the Ahl al-Bayt(A), let us work to become true partisans, true followers of Prophet Muhammad(S) and the Ahl al-Bayt(A), rather than those wannabe "Shias" who prefer to succumb to their hidden and base desires and who succumb to vain cliquisms that tear the Ummah into shreds, thereby tearing the heart of Prophet Muhammad(S), the Ahl al-Bayt(A) and the Imam of our Time(AJ), Imam al-Hujjah(AJ)'s hearts into tiny tiny peices.

It is important that we not use Islam as a venting post for our own desires, hates and problems; we are dutybound to follow the path as laid down by Prophet(S) and the Ahl al-Bayt(A), it's high time we started to do that as opposed to simply claiming to do so.

With Salaams and Dua's

Shabbir

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam) yaa sayyiduna!

Ya Azizi, I agree with most your post but I think you`ve got me wrong. Firstly, when it comes to cursing - I do believe that it should be refrained from public, especially infront of Sunnis and keep it private. We have ahadith where our Aimmah (as) curse the enemies of Ahl ul Bait (as), however it should be done discretely, especially when some particularly sensitive historical characters are in question. I do admit that I`ve sometimes went too public but Insh`Allah I`ll try to put my emotions more under control.

Secondly, I made my views totally clear on my previous posts when earlier on. I completely agree with you that behind this are those diabolical Western powers like the British, the Americans and the Zionists .. however they did not do this alone, but used a bunch of stupid heretical nawasib to caree out their acts. It`s why I said that I smell an imperialist-nasibi connection in my first posts. These views of have been intact with views of our leaders Sayyid Khamenei (HA) and commander Sayyid Nasrallah (HA).

Finally, I would like to tell you that my problem lies with the nawasib, but don`t get me wrong - the seriousness of my issues with them isn`t much different than those taghoot amongst our own midsts who go by the name Shia. However just to make it clear, I am repeatedly defended the likes of br. Khaled Mishaal (HA) several times on this board and praised him along with his political-islamic party Hamas. So I do not have problems with such persons who happen to be among our brothers of Ahl Sunnah (the real kind, and not the degenerated takfiri type).

(salam)

Edited by Hezbullahi

• Advanced Member

(bismillah) (salam)

scroll abit down to see the clips on the site.

Clips of the Destruction of Al3askariyan(as) with Latmiya. 7:26 minutes.

http://www.ansaralhusain.net/waves_detail_...en_51_1699.html

Protest + Clip of the 4 grand Ayatollahs. 2:58 mintues

http://www.ansaralhusain.net/waves_detail_...en_51_1698.html

Documentary about the history of Samara produced by Manar TV, 32:00 Minutes.

http://www.ansaralhusain.net/waves_detail_...en_51_1700.html

(salam)

This is an example model Sunnis I expect that I should be sunni like Samarra Sunnis:

Life returns to Samarra in wake of shrine’s bombing

By Abdulsamia al-Samarrai

Azzaman, February 28, 2006

Life is back to normal in the northern city of Samarra which was placed under a 20-hour-a-day curfew following last week’s attack on the Shiite holy shrine there.

The shrine, one of the holiest for Muslim Shiites in the world, was still closed but preparations were underway to repair the damage it sustained as a result of the bombing.

The outer walls of the once golden dome shrine are clad with black placards as a sign of mourning.

The placards were put in place by the mainly Sunni-dominated tribes in the city, declaring their denunciation of the attack.

Iraqi security forces had cordoned off Samarra and only allowed traffic to and form the city on Monday.

Fuel and food was running low in the city, home to nearly 250,000 people but supplies began flowing once the troops removed restrictions on movement of people and vehicles.

Samarra, a bastion of U.S. resistance, is a tribal society. Powerful tribes, inside and in the outskirts, are know to have opposed coercive measures from any government in the past.

The Sunni tribes have for centuries guarded the Shiite shrine in their midst and have vowed to contribute to its reconstruction.

Scenes of mourning and grief were still evident in the mainly Sunni city on Monday.

Defying the curfew, group after group representing the city’s tribes and trade unions have been passing by the shrine, hoisting banners and shouting slogans in denunciation of the bombing.

Tribal representatives stand guard at the shrine and their members have already began removing the debris and cleaning the site.

Sheikh Ahmad al-Dhai, the Imam of the major Sunni mosque in Samarra condemned the attack, saying the perpetrators wanted to ignite a civil war in the country.

Addressing more than 1,000 worshippers who had crammed the mosque, Dhai said: “The people of Samarra have protected the shrine for centuries and no one dared to touch it. Those committing this vicious crime wanted evil for this city and its inhabitants.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi guys. I have a couple of questions about this bombing.

1. Does anyone know how many people were involved? Is there a consensus? When did the bombs get planted?

2. What is the media consensus as to who is responsible? Please don't respond that it was the zionist or the US or even the Iranians. I am looking for mainstream opinion; whether or not that is accurate is a different issue.

3. Does anyone know if the explosives were detonated by a timer or with some sort of remote device?

Thanks much

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Why do we forget? – Samarra 22/2/2006

It surprises me that absolutely no one seems to talk about what is probably the greatest calamity that has hit the Shia world for more than a hundred years.

Where are all the scholars, thinkers, politicians, activists, and youths? Where is the SHIA? The gravesite of the Imams has been uncovered for 2 months now and not a word is being said.

The Silence is Deafening O Shia of Ali (as)!

The above is from a blog I came across; The thoughts of many Shia, inshAllah.

We've rarely heard anything since, does anyone know what's happening and if it's safe for Ziyarah, or if Ziyarah is permitted? The last I heard was, Iran is taking the lead role to reconstuct the Aaskariya shrine.

Please let us know of any progress, the latest updates and if we can do anything to help.

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

I was listening to a speech today, and I heard something that I thought made a lot of sense.

The destruction of the Al-Askariya shrine, and the increasing destruction of Mosques around the world, is to make Muslims around the world get use to seeing this. As a result, we will pay less and less attention to each house of God, that is demolished.

So when the destruction of Al-Aqsa nears (God forbid), Muslims watch silently. This is all part of their planning and plotting, for somewhat of a dispassionate and unconcerned response from Muslims.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

I was reading an article about the Al-Askariya Shrine damage, and it mentioned that the death of Attwar Bahjat was connected to this incident. I found it interesting, and wanted to know what you thought about it and whether or not you think they are right in suggesting this:

Attwar Bahjat was the Al-Arabyia news anchor in Iraq who was abducted with her 3 crew and left for dead on the roadside while covering the aftermath of the destruction of the Shiite Shrine in Samarra, Iraq ...

One of her crew, Ahmed al-Saleh, miraculously? managed to escape from the ambush and told police about the kidnappings and said: "Attwar being born in Samarra, her relatives and friends are still there, she managed to interview eyewitnesses of the explosion and people who live in the area around the mosque"

In other words the film may have contained some uncomfortable truths that perhaps the US propaganda machine did not want us to hear. The film that Attwar shot is missing!!!

The article also mentions that she had previously been questioned by the US military for braking unspecified "ground rules". Did anyone else have a motive to kill her?

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sorry to bump up this thread but I was searching for videos in connection with this tragedy and came across a video so I thought about sharing with other members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXL6ze4zGy0

A sad day for the Shias all over the world...

May Allah hasten the reappearence of our Imam [ajtf]..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

Sorry to bump up this thread but I was searching for videos in connection with this tragedy and came across a video so I thought about sharing with other members:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXL6ze4zGy0

A sad day for the Shias all over the world...

May Allah hasten the reappearence of our Imam [ajtf]..

Wow, that is a great footage. Shows how really big of an explosion this was.

Lanatuallahi Alal Qaumiz Zalimeen

• 7 years later...