Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Christians Targeted by Muslims

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Christians Targeted as Bloody Cartoon Violence Continues

By Patrick Goodenough

(CNSNews.com) - More than two dozen people have been killed in another weekend of Muslim rioting linked to cartoons of the Muslim prophet Mohammed, with the most serious violence occurring in Nigeria, where Christians bore the brunt of Muslim anger.

At least 16 people were killed in the country's northern Borno state, and Muslim rioters also torched more than a dozen churches and businesses linked to Christians, according to police figures.

A Nigerian national daily newspaper, This Day, reported that Muslims armed with machetes, sticks and iron rods had ran amok in the state capital, Maiduguri, for about three hours before troops restored order.

"One group threw a tire around a man, poured gas on him and set him ablaze."

The victims included three children and a Catholic priest, and a representative of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Joseph Hayab, was quoted as saying some of the killings took place inside churches.

He also said troops had also shot dead "one or two" of the rioters.

Borno's Muslim state governor, Ali Modu Sheriff, said in a radio broadcast that those responsible for the violence would be punished.

He said he sympathized with the feelings of Muslims offended by the cartoons satirizing Mohammed - which were published in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten newspaper last September and in many other papers in Europe and elsewhere this month - but that Nigerian Christians should not be blamed for them.

Borno is one of a dozen states in Nigeria that have imposed, or tried to impose, Islamic shari'a law, sparking tensions between Muslims and Christians.

Muslims comprise a small majority in Africa's most populous nation, which has witnessed violence in the past over perceived slights to Islam, such as a plan for the country to host the Miss World beauty pageant in 2002.

The This Day newspaper was caught up in that dispute after a columnist argued that the fuss was overblown and suggested that Islam's prophet -- if alive today -- would likely have approved of the contest and taken one of the beauty queens as a wife.

In the end the contest was relocated to Britain, but not before hundreds of people of both faiths were killed in rioting instigated by Muslims.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus....R20060220c.html

• Advanced Member
it goes back and forth, muslims kill christians and vice versa. no side is innocent

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse me, but these Christians had nothing to do with the cartoons which is what this is all about! I would say they were indeed innocent.

We can expect no outcry from from the likes of those like yourself, who would rather trivialize these horrific acts by making a statement like you did.

The bottom line appears to be that you can't find it in your heart to feel anything for anyone who isn't a Muslim. :mad:

Edited by way2go
  • Advanced Member
The bottom line appears to be that you can't find it in your heart to feel anything for anyone who isn't a Muslim.  :mad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My friend, the hypocricy in your statement is unbelievable.

From the invasion of Iraq until October, 2004 over 100,000 MUSLIM civilians have been killed by the overwhelmingly CHRISTIAN soliders, and yet, the only stories we every see on American t.v. are about the 2200 SOLIDERS killed. So I will admit to ignoring 16 deaths if your will admit to ignoring over 100,000!

SOURCE: http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/iraq.deaths/

and http://www.time.com/time/columnist/karon/a...,933405,00.html

Or, we could say that some terrorists and murderers killed 16 innocent people, and take religion out of it. Either choice is acceptable to me. May the curse and punishment of Allah (s.w.a.) be on ANYONE (regarless of religion) that kills or injures innocent people or detroys their property (as I have said many, many times before).

Edited by Ali Zaki
  • Advanced Member
Where do Christians riot and kill Muslims out of love and respect  for Jesus and the dignity of Christianity?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you know absolutly nothing about northern nigeria i see.

Also when the last temptation of christ came out christians threated bombings of theaters and last time i checked it was christians who were blowing up abortion clinics in the southern states of USA also murking out abortion clinic doctors. Also they think timothy mcveigh and his crew may have belonged to some group called Gods army or something like that. So while I understand where you are coming from, ie a world via which is based on fox and cnn news I have to say your factual ideology is lacking.

• Advanced Member
My friend, the hypocricy in your statement is unbelievable.

From the invasion of Iraq until October, 2004 over 100,000 MUSLIM civilians have been killed by the overwhelmingly CHRISTIAN soliders, and yet, the only stories we every see on American t.v. are about the 2200 SOLIDERS killed. So I will admit to ignoring 16 deaths if your will admit to ignoring over 100,000!

SOURCE: http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/iraq.deaths/

and http://www.time.com/time/columnist/karon/a...,933405,00.html

Or, we could say that some terrorists and murderers killed 16 innocent people, and take religion out of it. Either choice is acceptable to me. May the curse and punishment of Allah (s.w.a.) be on ANYONE (regarless of religion) that kills or injures innocent people or detroys their property (as I have said many, many times before).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Address this article instead of deflecting attention away from it or get lost! :mad:

Start another thread if you want to discuss other issues. Your lack of heart is obvious and sickening!

• Veteran Member

Also when the last temptation of christ came out christians threated bombings of theaters and last time i checked it was christians who were blowing up abortion clinics in the southern states of USA also murking out abortion clinic doctors. Also they think timothy mcveigh and his crew may have belonged to some group called Gods army or something like that. So while I understand where you are coming from, ie a world via which is based on fox and cnn news I have to say your factual ideology is lacking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will concede that I know little about northern Nigeria - but not "absolutly nothing".

The rest has nothing to do with targeting Muslims.

You have made an assumption that you know where I am coming from - and as assumptions usually go - it is incorrect.

Isn't factual ideology an oxymoron?

Edited by forte
  • Advanced Member

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro, does that really surprise you? All these anti-muslim people have to see is a headline of muslims killing non-muslims and they draw their conclusions without understanding an iota of history or current events.

Wasalaam

• Veteran Member
Bro, does that really surprise you?  All these anti-muslim people have to see is a headline of muslims killing non-muslims and they draw their conclusions without understanding an iota of history or current events.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I asked a question for understanding of a posters point. I made no judgement. Does that make me anti-Muslim?

• Advanced Member
I will concede that I know little about northern Nigeria - but not "absolutly nothing". 

The rest has nothing to do with targeting Muslims. 

You have made an assumption that you know where I am coming from. 

Isn't factual ideology an oxymoron?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i·de·ol·o·gy  Audio pronunciation of "ideology" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (d-l-j, d-)

n. pl. i·de·ol·o·gies

1. The body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture.

2. A set of doctrines or beliefs that form the basis of a political, economic, or other system.

link
fac·tu·al  Audio pronunciation of "factual" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (fkch-l)

adj.

1. Of the nature of fact; real.

2. Of or containing facts.

link

Put the two together and you get someone’s ideals or doctrines which were born out of reality or facts as they are on the ground ;)

Both my statements and Ali's statements pretty much addresses the issue that this thread incorrectly attempts to convey.

People on both sides do barbaric things; this has nothing to do with being Muslims or belonging to any other religion or ethnic group. Until ignorance and hatred is whipped from mans heart situations like these will arise. I believe ignorance and hatred can also be labeled as the culprit for such silly one sided threads such as these. Many of you people only purpose is to fuel the flames of their love affair with mental ineptitude.

See a forum is for the sharing of ideas with the hopes and aspirations of learning and growing from the exchange of views, idea and most importantly FACTS. Facts can not be discerned when your only objective is to post such one sided dribble. Instead do some research, find out both sides and try to think objectively. You do that and I think your world view will change and you will become a better person.

• Veteran Member
Wasn't talking about you specifically.  Just making a broad generalization based on the observations I have made.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Broad generalizations and are the seeds of misunderstanding. I find it is better to ask than assume. That is what I attempted to do here - but it was not welcome.

• Advanced Member
Bro, does that really surprise you?  All these anti-muslim people have to see is a headline of muslims killing non-muslims and they draw their conclusions without understanding an iota of history or current events.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My parents in law happen to have spent their lives as missionaries in countries throughout Africa. I have more than an iota of understanding about Africa, tribalism, history and culture, so you are the one guilty of drawing conclusions in ignorance!

Address the issue and tell us what you know about the cartoons and the barbaric actions of these Muslim lowlife who burned down more than a dozen churches and businesses and brutally murdered people in churches, for the simple reason that they were Christians?

• Advanced Member
Address this article instead of deflecting attention away from it or get lost! :mad:

Start another thread if you want to discuss other issues. Your lack of heart is obvious and sickening!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You post had two parts, and I addressed both.

Part 1- What actually happened (which I condemned in my post)

Part 2- You personal interpretation of the events as a symbol of Muslim not caring about innocent people being killed if they happen to be Christians. I demonstrated they hypocrisy of your statement.

• Advanced Member
My parents in law happen to have spent their lives as missionaries in countries throughout Africa. I have more than an iota of understanding about Africa, tribalism, history and culture, so you are the one guilty of drawing conclusions in ignorance!

Address the issue and tell us what you know about the cartoons and the barbaric actions of these Muslim lowlife who burned down more than a dozen churches and businesses and brutally murdered people in churches, for the simple reason that they were Christians?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a christian tell us how you felt about the christians in rawanda who massacred other christians in churches. Tell us how you feel about the christains in america like Gods army and other such groups.

i would think we could use a discussion board for more than something as silly and trivial as the above questions.

• Advanced Member

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why are muslims invaded and attacked and insulted simply for the fact that they are Muslim? It happens. Everywhere. Doesn't make it right. But it happens.

And as to the broad generalization comment- aha, you see the point I was making. People come in here and make broad generalizations about muslims alllllll the time, to the point that I feel so insulted and I get really upset. Yet as soon as something comes out of my mouth about a generalization, I am attacked about how generalizations are wrong.

Irony.

Wasalaam

• Veteran Member
Why are muslims invaded and attacked and insulted simply for the fact that they are Muslim?  It happens.  Everywhere.  Doesn't make it right.  But it happens.

And as to the broad generalization comment- aha, you see the point I was making.  People come in here and make broad generalizations about muslims alllllll the time, to the point that I feel so insulted and I get really upset.  Yet as soon as something comes out of my mouth about a generalization, I am attacked about how generalizations are wrong.

Irony.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I apologize if I appeared to be attacking you - that was not my intention. I came to this forum to learn - but just in this thread alone I feel as though my questions are not welcome and that there is a lot of animosity towrds me - someone you don't know and don't wish to know. My questions have not been respected or validated so I am guessing my ideas will not be either.

Again, I apologize for any part of your anger I am responsible for.

Peace.

• Advanced Member
I apologize if I appeared to be attacking you - that was not my intention.  I came to this forum to learn -  but just in this thread alone I feel as though my questions are not welcome and that there is a lot of animosity towrds me - someone you don't know and don't wish to know.  My questions have not been respected or validated so I am guessing my ideas will not be either.

Peace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are respected and so are your opinions. Believe it or not, I'm usually the peace-making one lol.

I'm in a bad mood today, and broad generalizations about muslims that people keep putting pressure on me to answer for... is starting to wear at me.

Plus, it's midterms and I'm missing my family, and I have some other issues going on.

Continue to post, please.

Wasalaam

• Advanced Member

Part 2- You personal interpretation of the events as a symbol of Muslim not caring about innocent people being killed if they happen to be Christians. I demonstrated they hypocrisy of your statement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your second paragraph was all you wrote that would have been great but you preface it with an attack against US and making a point to mention your assumption that US soldiers are "overwhelmingly Christian." That had NOTHING to do with the situation in Nigeria where Muslims went on a murderous rampage against Christians because of cartoons.

Can't you see how unfeeling and hypocritical that makes your attempt at sympathy/condemnation seem?

• Advanced Member
As a christian tell us how you felt about the christians in rawanda who massacred other christians in churches. Tell us how you feel about the christains in america like Gods army and other such groups.

i would think we could use a discussion board for more than something as silly and trivial as the above questions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They weren't Christians in Ruwanda as Muslims like to proclaim. They did not slaughter in the name of God, that was tribalism.

I was attacking those who committed those horrific acts in Nigeria, not all Muslims or Islam! As often happens here, many Muslims take it personally as though it was an attack on all Muslims.

I would think we could use a discussion board to discuss currents issues without trying to whitewash these events by projecting the attention elsewhere.

• Advanced Member
I apologize if I appeared to be attacking you - that was not my intention.  I came to this forum to learn -  but just in this thread alone I feel as though my questions are not welcome and that there is a lot of animosity towrds me - someone you don't know and don't wish to know.  My questions have not been respected or validated so I am guessing my ideas will not be either.

Peace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't feel bad forte, it's not you personally. ;) Rather you will find it's the pack mentality which, unfortunately, rears it's head when their perception is that Islam is questioned. You'll get used to it.

• Advanced Member
Don't feel bad forte, it's not you personally.  ;) Rather you will find it's the pack mentality which, unfortunately, rears it's head when their perception is that Islam is questioned. You'll get used to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL you are funny, way2go ... As if the muslims on this board have no reason to be defensive. As if every non-muslim who comes here never criticizes Islam or muslims, and we are just being irrational. In fact, if anybody makes crazy generalizations on this board, it is the non-muslims.

Anyways... I'm not in a good mood as I said earlier... I'm going to stop posting

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bombing of theaters and abortion clinics in the US south? Is that the best you could come up with?

Were those bombings specifically targeting muslims?

And McVeigh was not acting in the name of christianity, and even if he was - his bombing didnt target specifically muslims either. I will assume you didnt have a lot of time to respond, this was one your weaker posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You did neither. Noone on earth saves castro might believe US soldiers have killed 100,000 people, not even close.

And if iwas a betting man, i would expect that the zarqawi dogs and the baathis pigs have killed 50 or 100 times INTENTIONALLY as have the US soldiers in trying to maintain order. But they get a pass because they are muslim.

Why are muslims invaded and attacked and insulted simply for the fact that they are Muslim?  It happens.  Everywhere.  Doesn't make it right.  But it happens.

And as to the broad generalization comment- aha, you see the point I was making.  People come in here and make broad generalizations about muslims alllllll the time, to the point that I feel so insulted and I get really upset.  Yet as soon as something comes out of my mouth about a generalization, I am attacked about how generalizations are wrong.

Irony.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is this taking place? Where are there christians attacking muslims around the world as you claim?

• Advanced Member
Bombing of theaters and abortion clinics in the US south?  Is that the best you could come up with?

Were those bombings specifically targeting muslims?

And McVeigh was not acting in the name of christianity, and even if he was - his bombing didnt target specifically muslims either.  I will assume you didnt have a lot of time to respond, this was one your weaker posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahhh your one of those.

Let me sum up your mentality so you can properly understand where the problem lies and God willing you can correct it.

You lack what is called reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. See the point being conveyed isn't necessarily one of Muslim on Christian hate crimes as much as it is hate crimes being perpetrated by one group of people against another group of people regardless of religion or ideology. In this particular instance the person is trying to show that Muslims are the only adherents of any religion which will actively go out and kill people in the name of their religion when they feel threatened or offended or for whatever reason.

So now here is where the leap of thought and critical thinking comes in. I showed via links and what have you that indeed this is NOT a Muslim issue but an issue which can be seen among any group or sub group of people of any religion who are ignorant and filled with hate and I should add they have a very simplistic and fundamental view of Gods law. I should also state that this “Muslim vs. Christian” issue in Nigeria goes MUCH deeper than religion.

I hope that clears things up for you and I hope and pray that with this issue cleared up, you will now be able to add on to discussions in a more profound manner.

• Advanced Member
Nice try. Start another thread if you'd like to but don't attempt to hijack this thread for the purpose of changing the subject.  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No sir,

This is very much in line with the topic of the thread. The person "exposed" Muslims seething hate and aptitude for harming others based on religion. I and others have shown in this thread time and again that this can be said of ANY religion and its adherents. By doing so we have put this issue to rest by showing small minded individuals who are unable to use critical thinking and employ objective research methods to better understand the human condition.

• Advanced Member
You did neither.  Noone on earth saves castro might believe US soldiers have killed 100,000 people, not even close.

And if iwas a betting man, i would expect that the zarqawi dogs and the baathis pigs have killed 50 or 100 times INTENTIONALLY as have the US soldiers in trying to maintain order.  But they get a pass because they are muslim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you look at the source I was using, it was CNN (which doesn't stand for Castro News Network, by the way).

The overwhelming majority of those on this site have condemned bin laden and zarqawi clones with more vigor then the U.S. (including myself), however, this topic was started to accuse Muslims of not having sympathy when innocent Christians are killed. If you want to talk about intra-Muslim issues, please start a new topic.

Edited by Ali Zaki
  • Advanced Member

(salam)

For those who don't know already (and I apologize to THE MAJORITY of you), here is the agenda of this thread and hundreds like it.

Part 1- The Set up

- Why don't you Muslims condemn others Muslims for attacking Christians?

Part 2- The "Dumping Down" of Condemnation

- If answers of condemnation without reservation are given, they are prasied

- If answers of condemnation with any reservation or clarification are given, they are condemned as being off topic.

Part 3- Guilt by Association

- If Muslims are doing these thing, it must be Islam that is telling them to do it...therefore...Islam is a religion of terror (astafirAllah)

The formula works if we (Muslims) just "play along" and don't cause trouble by pointing out that this is not a problem unique to Islam, nor can a religion be condemned for the actions of it's followers (unless it can be proven that the THEOLOGY of the religion encourages terrorism, which they can't prove).

So we will just keep "rocking the boat" on these threads until you realize that 3rd graders could figure out what your agenda is.

• Advanced Member
You did neither.  Noone on earth saves castro might believe US soldiers have killed 100,000 people, not even close.

And if iwas a betting man, i would expect that the zarqawi dogs and the baathis pigs have killed 50 or 100 times INTENTIONALLY as have the US soldiers in trying to maintain order.  But they get a pass because they are muslim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ This product is copyright of the joint efforts of the New York Times and Washington Post. Any and all forms of plagiarism are allowed and encouraged just as long as they are used in an effective and objective manner, to further the agendas that the New York Times and Washington Post advocate.

Propoganda anyone?

ahhh your one of those.

What are "one of those"?

Let me sum up your mentality so you can properly understand where the problem lies and God willing you can correct it.

After insulting me with this line, is there an incentive for me to read more of your post?

You lack what is called reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.

Thanks for answering my above question. The rest of your post is IGNORED.

:o