Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Syrian Sister

New photos from abu gharib

Rate this topic

Abu Ghraib- New Horrors Revealed

Tonight SBS DATELINE presents a world exclusive – the release of new photographs from Abu Ghraib in Iraq showing new horrific abuses committed there. These images have never been previously shown to the public.

Taken at the same time as the notorious photographs from Abu Ghraib, which were leaked in 2004, these images reveal further widespread abuse including new incidents of homicide, torture and sexual humiliation. The extent of the abuse shown in the photos suggests that the torture and abuse that occurred at Abu Ghraib in 2004 is much worse than is currently understood.

These photographs are currently the subject of a legal battle in the United States where the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has been granted access to the photographs under Freedom of Information provisions, however the US government is currently appealing the decision.

When the original Abu Ghraib photographs were leaked to the press, members of Congress were given a private viewing of photographs including the images which appear in this DATELINE program. They were shocked by what these extra images revealed of the full horror of the abuses taking place at Abu Ghraib.

Guest ABUALI

Imam Ali (as) :

Your earth is close to the sea and away from the sky. Your wits have become light and your minds are full of folly. You are the aim of the archer, a morsel for the eater and an easy prey for the hunter.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Here are the pics:

http://www.nbc6.net/slideshow/news/7084601/detail.html

Warning: Some pics show prisoners fully naked and only a blur distorts the image, and some other pics show their behinds.

060215_AbuGhraib_bcol_12p.hmedium.jpg

Removed one.

060215_AbuGhraib_Detail_bcol_1p.standard.jpg

Btw, "It's just propaganda."

wassalam

Edited by -ZeinaB-

(bismillah)

(salam)

Here are the pics:

http://www.nbc6.net/slideshow/news/7084601/detail.html

Warning: Some pics show prisoners fully naked and only a blur distorts the image, and some other pics show their behinds.

060215_AbuGhraib_bcol_12p.hmedium.jpg

060215_AbuGhraib_Detail_bcol_1p.standard.jpg

Btw, "It's just propaganda."

wassalam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

selam

Brother Hizbullah

Thankyou for your post.what can one say?

1.shall I curse the oppressors ?....will that help them?is this what Allah wants me to do?

2.shall I pray for Al-Madi(as)?.......will that help them?is this what Allah wants me to do?

3.shall I go for jihad?....will that help them?is this what Allah wants me to do?

4.shall I tie a bomb to myself and go kill the kufar? shall that help them?is this what Allah wants me to do?

If you have any sense you will say NO to all questions.

I pose you this.......what shall we as humanitarians do to stop this now ?

Selams and Duas

Amani

Edited by -ZeinaB-

(bismillah)

(salam)

Does it really take so much horror to wake up?

I would like to address my brothers and sisters. Please ponder about what I'm going to say.

Ashura has just ended and its pains are still in the beleivers' chests. The pain of knowing that a man called al-Hussein ibn Ali, his family, and companions got hurt, oppressed, slaughtered, etc. He was stolen by the oppressors... even his clothes were taken off.

How painful is the agony you feel when you hear that the women who accompanied this great man (as) were taken as prisoners after a lifetime of safety and comfort. Their face veils were taken off and were exposed to the sinful eyes of many many men. People looked at them whenever and however they wanted.

It breaks the heart and brings tears to the eyes, doesn't it?

Have you thought how Imam Mahdi (as) feels about it? How much pain is in his noble heart.

Now, looking at the pics.

I want you to compare it to what happened in Karbala and after it. Of course, There's is no day like the day of Imam Hussein (as), but forget about the titles for a while.

Look at them as human beings... as oppressed people.

-What's the difference?

--The men in Karbala got killed... Here, men are killed and humiliated.

--In Karbala, they were undressed after their death... Here, men are undressed but kept alive, photographed, and mortified.

--In Karbala, women were taken as prisoners. Here, the same is happening. They were taken from their homes in which they safely lived and dreamed of having a peaceful life.

--The Noble women's faces were exposed and men looked at them shamelessly. Here, these women's hijab is taken off. Not only that... They are being raped, tormented, and belittled.

So, why does the first case make you sad and tearful and the second doesn't?

This is the meaning of "Every day is Ashura and every land is Karbala".

Karbala is every place in which oppression takes place and in every Karbala, there's an oppressed person calling for help and support the same way Imam Hussein (as) asked for support...

Is there any person out there willing to help me?

And your answer is...?

wassalam

Those pictures were taken at the same time as the first Abu Ghraib pictures in 2003, by the same people who have already gone to trial and are serving prison sentences.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Selam

It has not stopped,it is still happening today.

It was not a few bad soldiers doing this, that are now imprisoned.

It is so bad in 2006 that these poor souls are unable mentaly physically spiritualy unable to take anymore,that they go on hunger strike.

So the USA decided to torture them more by the insertion of feeding tubes,and trust me it is not done in a compassionate way.

They called to humanity to help them we failed, how will we face them and Allah.

Makes one think........If we are unable to help them out of humanity compassion mercy,as Allah commands......can we not help them out of our own selfish fear that we will be taken to account ?

Just a thought !

Amani

(bismillah)

(salam)

I would like to address my brothers and sisters.  Please ponder about what I'm going to say.

Ashura has just ended and its pains are still in the beleivers' chests.  The pain of knowing that a man called al-Hussein ibn Ali, his family, and companions got hurt, oppressed, slaughtered, etc.  He was stolen by the oppressors... even his clothes were taken off.

How painful is the agony you feel when you hear that the women who accompanied this great man (as) were taken as prisoners after a lifetime of safety and comfort.  Their face veils were taken off and were exposed to the sinful eyes of many many men.  People looked at them whenever and however they wanted.

Have you thought how Imam Mahdi (as) feels about it?  How much pain is in his noble heart.

I want you to compare it to what happened in Karbala and after it.  Of course, There's is no day like the day of Imam Hussein (as), but forget about the titles for a while. 

-What's the difference?

--In Karbala, they were undressed after their death... Here, men are undressed but kept alive, photographed, and mortified.

--In Karbala, women were taken as prisoners.  Here, the same is happening.  They were taken from their homes in which they safely lived and dreamed of having a peaceful life.

--The Noble women's faces were exposed and men looked at them shamelessly.  Here, these women's hijab is taken off.  Not only that... They are being raped, tormented, and belittled.

Karbala is every place in which oppression takes place and in every Karbala, there's an oppressed person calling for help and support the same way Imam Hussein (as) asked for support...

And your answer is...?

wassalam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cry: Very true brother, the same thing is happening. We can cry about Ashura and get upset but the same thing is happening now and we do nothing.....

Guest ABUALI

(bismillah)

(salam)

brother Hizbullah After your beautiful post I have some questions:

- As Muslim’s and as the followers of Imam Hussyan (as). On whose side should we be?

- Should we be pro-Americans in Iraq? Or should we stand on the side of the people who are fighting America? (let them be Shia or sunna!!!)

- Should some of the ignorant shia keep on insultig Sayyed Mouqtada Al Sader (ha)?

Fie Aman Allah

I'm not a abu graib apologizer but ther eis simply no way certain of the acts in these photos were authorized. Obviously there was a total imcompetence in letting these disgusting imbeciles run a prison, but I simply can't accept they were instructed to do some of these things by , say, donald rumsfeld or one of his underlings.

The problem is with rumslfed though. From what i understand, he basically told them that once they found saddam they could go home. Obviously they REALLY wanted to go home. Meanwhile, finding saddam barely improved the situation

Personally this to me is much worse than cartoons dont understand the silience

about this and the noise about cartoons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Selam

I personally agree with your thoughts.

The holy prophet(sawa) loved his umma more than his blessed self.

He also considered that,whoever hurt a believer has hurt him also.

In this is an example as to where our priorities lay.

His umma(believers) as depicted here,are calling him,oh Mohammed help us.

Where are the prophets helpers

The cartoons are of no harm to the prophet,what is a harm to him is his umma suffering such evils.

If they marched the way they did when the cartoons were drawn

Do you think that hell hole would still be operating

Selams

Amani

Those pictures were taken at the same time as the first Abu Ghraib pictures in 2003, by the same people who have already gone to trial and are serving prison sentences.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only the grunts have gotten (light) prison sentences. The people who actually let this sort of [Edited Out] happen are still free.

nino- I'm trying to be honest. the fact is, as much as you or I may like it to be so, some of these injuries came from other inmates, from mortors thrown over the prison walls, or in certain specific cases, self inflicted. Saddam let a ton of people out of jail about 4 months before the invasion. lot s of crazies walking around!

comrade sas- most people her ewould probably agree with the most of the sentiments of your "American Taliban"

"John Ashcroft (Attorney General)

"Civilized people – Muslims, Christians, and Jews – all understand that the source of freedom and human dignity is the Creator."

etc

nino- I'm trying to be honest. the fact is, as much as you or I may like it to be so, some of these injuries came from other inmates, from mortors thrown over the prison walls, or in certain specific cases, self inflicted. Saddam let a ton of people out of jail about 4 months before the invasion. lot s of crazies walking around!

could be, but i dont buy it ;)

well, it depends on how you look at it. if your looking at it from a the occupation is wrong anti US political point of view , then the US "did it", If you are looking from a factual point of view, it was more complicated.

comrade sas-  most people her ewould probably agree with the most of the sentiments of your "American Taliban"

"John Ashcroft (Attorney General)

"Civilized people – Muslims, Christians, and Jews – all understand that the source of freedom and human dignity is the Creator."

etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never claimed to agree with the views of this forum. I'm just a crazy commie to them anyway, so what is my opinion worth? :lol:

Lester, i've never known anyone as pathetic as you.

-----------

Those who don't see these images are cowards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I, too, was very unimpressed by Lester's excuses. For one thing, the same crimes and worse are being reported from the Afghan prisons, so it must be the result of orders from above. In one Afghan case, a man had his legs smashed so that he was so badly injured they would have had to be amputated, and then he was killed by being hung by his wrists. It took him 24 hours to die ...

Many people are too scared to look at the images. And the worst ones are not yet released. These are films, showing the women being raped, and also young boys being raped. The respected US writer Seymour Hersh has seen these other films, and he said that it was horrific, esp the soundtrack of them screaming.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I would like to address my brothers and sisters.  Please ponder about what I'm going to say.

Ashura has just ended and its pains are still in the beleivers' chests.  The pain of knowing that a man called al-Hussein ibn Ali, his family, and companions got hurt, oppressed, slaughtered, etc.  He was stolen by the oppressors... even his clothes were taken off.

How painful is the agony you feel when you hear that the women who accompanied this great man (as) were taken as prisoners after a lifetime of safety and comfort.  Their face veils were taken off and were exposed to the sinful eyes of many many men.  People looked at them whenever and however they wanted.

Have you thought how Imam Mahdi (as) feels about it?  How much pain is in his noble heart.

I want you to compare it to what happened in Karbala and after it.  Of course, There's is no day like the day of Imam Hussein (as), but forget about the titles for a while. 

-What's the difference?

--In Karbala, women were taken as prisoners.  Here, the same is happening.  They were taken from their homes in which they safely lived and dreamed of having a peaceful life.

--The Noble women's faces were exposed and men looked at them shamelessly.  Here, these women's hijab is taken off.  Not only that... They are being raped, tormented, and belittled.

And your answer is...?

wassalam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

I totally agree with you. But I have a question for you. What exactly should we be doing to stop such oppression?

wasalam

well i actually agree with lester on this because the person shown ramming his head against the prison cage or hwatever was mentally ill,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably that prisoner was mentally ill - they had several psychiatric patients there. But he may merely have been suffering the long-term effects of heavy interrogation.

It is inconceivable to those of us who have not undergone such an ordeal. But prisoners sometimes kill themselves by beating their own heads. The legendary French resistance leader, Jean Moulin, is said to have killed himself by repeatedly ramming his head into the wall of his cell.

Why would anyone do that? ... He was in the hands of the Gestapo. He did not want to go back for another session.

^ believe me i know what they feel and it aint pretty.

there are good reasons why people commit suicide !

Yeah, because they are getting raped by your inhuman US brutes.

black veil

For one thing, the same crimes and worse are being reported from the Afghan prisons, so it must be the result of orders from above. In one Afghan case, a man had his legs smashed so that he was so badly injured they would have had to be amputated, and then he was killed by being hung by his wrists. It took him 24 hours to die ...

Many people are too scared to look at the images. And the worst ones are not yet released. These are films, showing the women being raped, and also young boys being raped. The respected US writer Seymour Hersh has seen these other films, and he said that it was horrific, esp the soundtrack of them screaming.

I know . I know. :(

Edited by Syrian Sister