Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
~*~Bint~El-Shia~*~

After men's cooking?

Rate this topic

(salam)

Wanted to share this with you. I thought it was cute. :P It reminded me of when my mom had to leave and couldn't cook and I had exams so I had no time to cook. My four brothers decided to cook. They took hours in the kitchen. I was really excited to see what they have cooked. Guess what they made for dinner? Scrambled eggs, chai(tea) for me, :P cheese (doesn't need cooking), and Salad :dry:

1133802060274.jpg

And yes, I ended up cleaning the kitchen.

Wa'Salaam

Edited by ~*~Bint~El-Shia~*~

Salam aleikum

HI.. I am convert to islam...and before I met my husband..I wasn't very good cook...too busy and tired when I got home from work...just would could pasta...with tomato pasta sauce...my husband who is a great cook...taught me how to cook...he is a great cook....makes restaurant quality food...so I have had a great teacher...as unfortunately I had no clue before....although I could make a great chocalate cake and sweets..

so there are some men out there who are great cooks...ahumdallah

salam aleikum

Megan

(salam)

Thats how the kitchen looked when i last cooked :Hijabi:

And then my mum said i couldnt cook...for a LOOONNNGGG time :cry:

So then she let me back into the kitchen a few days ago. She asked me to to help her make some biryani..or something like that.

She asked me to measure 1.5 cups of rice....i accidently doubled the amount.... :cry:

My mum: :mad:

Guest Burqa N Purdah

omg!!!!!!! i'm putting that on my desktop. THAT IS MY HUSBAND!!

He LOVES to fry EVERYTHIGN and when he does grease goes EVERYWHERE!!!

He BOILS canned tomatoe sauce and that also goes EVERYWHERE.

Whenever he cooks you can NEVER s[Edited Out] the bottom of the pan... EVERYTHING he cooks is burned OR cooked on the outside but not in the middle.

Whenever he goes to the kitchen... I take a really deep breath and wish I had gotten there sooner.

He does clean after though. It took awhile to break him of the habit of cook and clean a few days later though.

And u see that blender still plugged up in the wall. Husband does that too. Only he leaves ONIONS in the blender. ... then it takes about 3-4 weeks to get the onion smell out. :cry:

Edited by Burqa N Purdah

Thats how the kitchen looked when i last cooked  :Hijabi:

And then my mum said i couldnt cook...for a LOOONNNGGG time :cry:

So then she let me back into the kitchen a few days ago. She asked me to to help her make some biryani..or something like that.

She asked me to measure 1.5 cups of rice....i accidently doubled the amount.... :cry:

My mum:  :mad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: awwww

(salam)

Thanks for posting this sister! I lost my copy, so it's brill seeing it again.

Mind you, some men cook so well... :wub:

Wa`Salaam

hey, some of us can actually cook...and we clean up after our selves... : b

ps. atleast i think i can cook...iono if anyone else likes it

ALi

My husband first cooked without cleaning (and he does cook well), untill i couldnt stand it anymore and told him "to complete his favours" and clean after his art :)

STILL even after his cleaning i spend another 2 hours re-cleaning :D Also, i had a problemwhen at the beginning of our marriage he started anjoying cooking so much that i felt like MY kitchen is being taken over, and i love to cook and to see my cooking being admired, so it as a feeling similar to feeling of a man whose wife

starts making so much money that he doesnt feel like he is a provider anymore :)

Btw the picture didnt include what happens in the other rooms after husband being a chief and feeling great about himslef :D

salaam

hahaha thats funny :D , what's even funnier it's that is not only men who are like that, i make a huge mess when i cook..well i try to hahaha :D , but i do clean it up

Edited by iraqia

This is pretty out dated actually, these days, men are by far the better cooks (when you know what you are doing,you don't make such a big mess), the old days are the old days, I have zero confidence in this generation of muslim sisters as far as cooking is concerned, I read some other threads and what I read made me quite depressed.

But I will admit, I suppose if a man where to make such a mess, he wouldn't clean, that is still a woman's job that we have not evolved to be able to do yet B)

This is pretty out dated actually, these days, men are by far the better cooks (when you know what you are doing,you don't make such a big mess), the old days are the old days, I have zero confidence in this generation of muslim sisters as far as cooking is concerned, I read some other threads and what I read made me quite depressed.

But I will admit, I suppose if a man where to make such a mess, he wouldn't clean, that is still a woman's job that we have not evolved to be able to do yet B)

Women have been saying for centuries that they cook better. this is because they are not envolved in it on a daily basis but rather do it as an intertainment.

As for cleaning being a woman's job, in fact it is not.

Islamically, housework and cooking are not woman's duties. Pretty much the only actual duty that woman has inside the house is being good in "personal matters" - fulfilling mans natural desires in a good way and being alays available for it. The rest is "mustahab", a volunteer job. And there is a lot of wisdom behind it, men have no idea through what women go with all the hormone fluctuations, and what it takes for them "to beutify temselves", and especially when it comes to pregnancies and children. Cooking, cleaning, diong makeup for husband, dressing up, serving him, looking after him - all of this should not be taken by men for granted but rather as a favour that is done voluntarily and is subject to gratitude.

LOOL didn't see that before.. funny and true.. I'll never let my husband get near the kitchen!! men tend to just make it so messssssy! he can just get me takeouts to treat me :P :angel:

Times have changed. A lot of us brothers can cook way better than da sisters.

My super ultra awsome chicken tikka, roast lamb and butter chicken are no match to a sister's deficient style of cooking.

May Allah guide them all.

Times have changed. A lot of us brothers can cook way better than da sisters.

My super ultra awsome chicken tikka, roast lamb and butter chicken are no match to a sister's deficient style of cooking.

May Allah guide them all.

:lol: The guys that know how to cooked learnt it from the experts ( women :D)

laugh.gif The guys that know how to cooked learnt it from the experts ( women biggrin.gif)

Thats not fair ! biggrin.gif

I am only comparing ourselves to unable-to-cook sisters ......

We brothers are evolving.....You expert sisters should support us...... !!!!!

:lol: The guys that know how to cooked learnt it from the experts ( women :D)

Well that is partly true, but only partly, these days there are so many cooking shows on tv, they make it seem so easy, and once you got the basics, you can start making your own things, to be honest, I can't (and have never tried) to use a recipe, i just imagine what i want to make, and try and make it, in the early days, i did mess some things up, but not any more B)

Women have been saying for centuries that they cook better. this is because they are not envolved in it on a daily basis but rather do it as an intertainment.

As for cleaning being a woman's job, in fact it is not.

Islamically, housework and cooking are not woman's duties. Pretty much the only actual duty that woman has inside the house is being good in "personal matters" - fulfilling mans natural desires in a good way and being alays available for it. The rest is "mustahab", a volunteer job. And there is a lot of wisdom behind it, men have no idea through what women go with all the hormone fluctuations, and what it takes for them "to beutify temselves", and especially when it comes to pregnancies and children. Cooking, cleaning, diong makeup for husband, dressing up, serving him, looking after him - all of this should not be taken by men for granted but rather as a favour that is done voluntarily and is subject to gratitude.

(salam)

I like your style sister, you're parents did a good job, insha'Allah (if Allah blesses me with a wife) she will understand what her duties are, and be willing to do a little bit on top, as long as I'm fulfilling my duties of course