Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Rawshni

الهى رضاً ب 

Rate this topic

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا كُونوا أَنصَارَ اللَّهِ كَمَا قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ لِلْحَوَارِيِّينَ مَنْ أَنصَارِي إِلَى اللَّهِ قَالَ الْحَوَارِيُّونَ نَحْنُ أَنصَارُ اللَّهِ فَآَمَنَت طَّائِفَةٌ مِّن بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَكَفَرَت طَّائِفَةٌ فَأَيَّدْنَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا عَلَى عَدُوِّهِمْ فَأَصْبَحُوا ظَاهِرِينَ

061:014

O you who believe! Be the aiders of Allah: as Isa son of Marium said to His disciples: “ Who are my aiders in the cause of Allah? Said the disciples, "We are Allah's aiders!" then a group among the Children of Israel believed, and a group disbelieved, but We supported those who believed against their enemies, and they became the ones that prevailed.

(Wo)man proposes, God disposes.

I had plans to say all I that I hold as my view on Karbala in a series of short, daily submissions. Things not in my control have kept me from doing so. Perhaps I will be afforded the time and taufeeq later . . .

As I sit here collecting my thoughts, wrestling with my incapacity with words and expression, trying to give voice to what I feel, I have, once again been reminded of my smallness in relation to the subject I have taken upon myself to speak about.

The 9th of Moharram came and went. It is the eve of the 10th, the Shab-e-‘Aashoor. Soon, I will being going to Mehfil-e-Shah Khorasaan, and later to other Imaambargahs.

____

In my earlier submissions I had chosen as the fount of my thoughts this Aayah:

وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا مِن قَبْلِكَ رُسُلًا إِلَى قَوْمِهِمْ فَجَاؤُوهُم بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَانتَقَمْنَا مِنَ الَّذِينَ أَجْرَمُوا وَكَانَ حَقًّا عَلَيْنَا نَصْرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

030:047

Prior to You too, We did indeed send, messengers to their respective peoples, and they went forth to them with Clear Signs: then, upon those who transgressed, We exacted vengeance; and verily it is incumbent upon Us to aid those who believe.

I have happened to be born in an age when the Messengers have come and gone since long, and the Imaam-e-Waqt is in ghaebat – yet the message of the Book is that Allah finds it incumbent upon Himself to aid the believers. Later on, inshaAllah, I hope to elaborate upon this according to my personal experience. Right now, I see an entirely different aspect of Karbala, which is the reason why I have chosen a different Aayah as the wellspring of my thoughts this moment

The sun has set. Dusk has dissolved into darkness. On the desolate plain of Karbala, there is a mystifying sight, one that does not conform to any known mode or modicum of confrontation.

Amid an encircling army of at least thirty thousand [the figure that most among the arbab-e-maqaatil agree upon] we see Hussain ibne Ali and his caravan of perhaps 200 people - and we see the encircling army preparing to attack. An advance party is seen approaching the Imaam’s encampment.

There is a negotiation. Time is sought till the morning. Reluctantly, it is given. Muslims of the day, perhaps, desire to finish the task they have taken upon themselves as soon as possible.

When Yazeed’s soldiers have left, what happens?

History’s most awe-inspiring sight testifying to conviction and commitment unfolds.

The Imaam calls together all his ashaab. He addresses them thus:

I thank the Lord in the best of ways, I remember Him in both serendepiity and tribulation. Lord, I am thankful to you that you elevated Us by the grant of prophethood, taught Us the Quran, and bestowed Us with the understanding of your Deen and its Laws, blessed Us with eyes, ears and hearts, kept Us from the besmirchment of shirk, enabled Us to be grateful for your blessings.

It is a truth that I am not aware of any companions more loyal and better than my companions, nor aware of any dear ones more righteous and gracious than mine own. May the Lord bless you with the best of rewards.

I believe that time of battle with this army has arrived. I allow all of you to go away from here. You all are free. None is under any bind. Avail the darkness of the night.”

Mufid, Tabari, Abu al Faraj, and Ibne Katheer, among others, have transmitted this address of the Imaam.

No historian, and none among the arbaab-e-maqatil, including Hameed ibne Muslim, the chief of Yazeed’s intelligence in Karbala, have written that ANY, even a single individual from among the Imaam’s followers left. Not a single one.

Why?

What had the Imaam to offer them except certain death at the hand of Yazeed’s bloodthirsty hordes?

What lay on the other side of the choice? Life, at least, if not more. Why is it that life does not appear to have had any value in the eyes of the Imaam’s followers.

They had, like the disciples of Isa ibne Maryam said:

نَحْنُ أَنصَارُ اللَّهِ

We are the aiders of Allah

What did they expect? Let us turn to the Quran:

وَالَّذِينَ هَاجَرُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ثُمَّ قُتِلُوا أَوْ مَاتُوا لَيَرْزُقَنَّهُمُ اللَّهُ رِزْقًا حَسَنًا وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَهُوَ خَيْرُ الرَّازِقِينَ

022:058

Those who leave their homes in Allah’s way, and are slain or die, Allah shall sustain them with a goodly sustenance: truly it is Allah Who is the best sustainer.

What do we see here? The promise of Rizq, sustenance to those who are killed or die?

Isn’t sustenance a requirement of life? Wherefore then sustenance to those who are slain or die, in the way of Allah? Seems the way of Allah, and the way of those who submit to Him, are different from your’s and mine. To understand, we need to turn again to the Quran:

وَلاَ تَحْسَبَنَّ الَّذِينَ قُتِلُواْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللّهِ أَمْوَاتًا بَلْ أَحْيَاء عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ يُرْزَقُونَ-

فَرِحِينَ بِمَا آتَاهُمُ اللّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ وَيَسْتَبْشِرُونَ بِالَّذِينَ لَمْ يَلْحَقُواْ بِهِم مِّنْ خَلْفِهِمْ أَلاَّ خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلاَ هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

003:169 – 170

Do not entertain even the thought that those slain in Allah's way are dead. They live, and receive sustenance from their Lord. They are joyous in the blessing of Allah bestowed upon them, and concerning those left behind, who have not yet joined them, seek glad tidings that they shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve.

The above is kalaamAllah – the word of God: brought to us by Mohammad, the final Rasool, who also brought us

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَابْتَغُواْ إِلَيهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُواْ فِي سَبِيلِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means to Him, and strive hard in His way that you may be successful.

And:

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلاَةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ

005:055

SHAKIR: Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.

And:

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ

SHAKIR: And I have not created the jinn and the men except that they should serve Me.

This band of people believed as one ought to believe in the message brought by Mohammad. They testified to their belief with their actions. And one of those who gave such testimony was Hurr ibne Yazeed al Rayahee, commander of a phalanx of Yazeed’s army.

Hurr’s defection is one of the most remarkable events that happened in Karbala. On the night between the 9th and 10th of Moharram, he renounced allegiance to Yazeed, and joined the Imaam, giving mankind and history a new word and concept – Hurriyet – translate it as independence if you will, freedom if you must. To me, Hurriyet stands for liberation – a liberation from the binds of the self.

What exactly did Hurr leave? W here exactly did he arrive?

هَاجَرُوا فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ

He moved, in the way of Allah from one camp to another. He answered the call:َ

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا كُونوا أَنصَارَ اللَّهِ

He came to recognize that over and above his own understanding and vision of the world is a higher one – and having so recognized, he submitted to it, as did the rest of all those who were with Hussain ibne Ali on that far off day in Karbala.

The essence of Karbala, cannot be summed up better, than in the last words of my Imaam

الَهى، سيْدى و مولاياء، ﻻ معبود سواء ـ الهى رضاً بقضائك و تسليماً لامرك

Earlier Parts of This series

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75257

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75392

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?sh...&gopid=1053113&

Edited by Rawshni

(salam)

SISTER,

Your posts always make fascinating reading and are of the highest standards. There are indeed many aspects (I am tempted to say "infinite aspects") to Karbala and yours is refreshingly original and thought provoking.

And the invocation of Hur and the last words of beloved Husayn (as), stir pain and rapture in my poet's heart !

(bismillah)

(salam)

(salam)

SISTER,

Your posts always make fascinating reading and are of the highest standards. There are indeed many aspects (I am tempted to say "infinite aspects") to Karbala and yours is refreshingly original and thought provoking.

And the invocation of Hur and the last words of beloved Husayn (as), stir pain and rapture in my poet's heart !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're words are very encouraging.

To me, since long, Karbala has been a metaphorical university. A university has many faculties and teaches many subjects . . .

Be well ....

(salam)

Sis Rawshni you sure as hell make your posts complicated. :( How about a simple version of what you're talking about so we single degree folks can understand.:P

Edited by Zoha

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sis/Bro

If you could point out what's complicated, I will certainly attempt to simplyfy it.

It's easy. Just clcik QUOTE or REPLY and change the colour of the parts you find complicated.

You can change the colour by highlighting text in the edit box and then clicking COLOR and choosing a colour.

I'd be grateful ....

Be well

(salam)

Sis Rawshni you sure as hell make your posts complicated. :(  How about a simple version of what you're talking about so we single degree folks can understand.:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sis/Bro

If you could point out what's complicated, I will certainly attempt to simplyfy it.

It's easy. Just clcik QUOTE or REPLY  and change the colour of the parts you find complicated.

You can change the colour by highlighting text in the edit box and then clicking COLOR and choosing a colour.

I'd be grateful ....

Be well

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Sis I Meant all of your post and not just this one. I find your english difficult to comprehend and I'm sure that I am not the only one here. I hope you didn't mind I just want to get more out of your posts. :)

ws

Edited by Zoha

(bismillah)

(salam)

(salam)

Sis I Meant all of your post and not just this one. I find your english difficult to comprehend and I'm sure that I am not the only one here.  I hope you didn't mind I just want to get more out of your posts. :)

ws

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you could just point a few passages here and there, I'd attempt to simplyfy, and be more attentive to this thing in the future . . .

The fact is, some others too have pointed this out but unless specific examples are given, you guys won't be helping me in simplyfying my way of writing

Be well

(salam)

Edited by Rawshni

(bismillah)

(salam)

MashaAllah Sister your words are truly amazing and the points you pick upon can only come about from deep reflection about the tragedy

Sister may I ask how do you pick up on these hidden points of the tragedy and how do you arrive at such a preception? I understand that the key lies in reflection but is that always the case?

May Allah bless you and may the Imam of our time Al-Hujja (as) accept your words and be pleased

Wsalaams

(bismillah)

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

MashaAllah Sister your words are truly amazing and the points you pick upon can only come about from deep reflection about the tragedy

Sister may I ask how do you pick up on these hidden points of the tragedy and how do you arrive at such a preception? I understand that the key lies in reflection but is that always the case?

May Allah bless you and may the Imam of our time Al-Hujja (as) accept your words and be pleased

Wsalaams

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sis/Bro

I'll begin with this. There are certain things which are beyond our capacity to influence.

I was born into a parsee family in Yazd. I and my family suffered immensely at the hands of Pasdaars, and emigrated to Pakistan in late 1980, where we had some relatives on both sides, maternal and paternal.

When I first went to school in Karachi, I was befriended by a Shiah girl, who remains a friend till this day.

When my father was posted at Lahore, there too, our immediate neighbours were Shiahs, and they became very good family friends

When I was seeking employment after school [i did my Masters while in employment] I got employment in a company owned by Shiahs

My own experience had made think often about religion, and how it becomes possible for man to behave as animals in the name of religion. This lead me to study religion in-depth.

Especially the Shiah faith . . . and well, what is put across as faith, and what is faith are two different things

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Rawshni, you've really collected them beautifully and supported them with the Quran.

Your right in observing that one amongst the hundreds of lesssons to be taken from the events of Kerbala, is the true example of submission to Allah that is required by muslims.

I look forwrd to reading the rest in the series of these posts.

ws

(bismillah)

(salam)

Rawshni, you're  a freak scholar

don't soar so highly in the sky that your fall hurts others more than you :!!!:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whad'ya mean????

قَد قُتل الحسينُ به كربلا

اُجڑ گئ ہاۓ ثانیِ زاہرا وچ کربل دے واويلا

----

نقشِ الا لله بر صحرا نوشت -- سطرِ عنوانِ نجات ِما نوشت

ا ے صبا، اے پیکِ دورافتادگاں -- سلامِ ما بخاکِ پاکِ او رسا

اقبال

Please check links below

(salam)

Edited by Rawshni

(bismillah)

(salam)

dont feel so haughty because you might fall badly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Howd'ya arrive at the consclusion that I'm feelin haughty

----

اقبال

Please check links below

(salam)

Rawshni,

I want to compliment you on your writing style and delivery. I can relate to the way you have expressed your feelings because I have also been speechless at moments as such as 'Shab-e-Ashoor'. The depiction of how it must have been on that night for all the people in Imam Hussain's (as) caravan was done beautifully.

Thank you for your insight :)

Komal Kazmi

Rawshni, you're  a freak scholar

don't soar so highly in the sky that your fall hurts others more than you :!!!:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam) Il Nino

Sour Grapes from someone who cannot soar so highly ?

(bismillah)

(salam)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Rawshni, you've really collected them beautifully and supported them with the Quran.

Your right in observing that one amongst the hundreds of lesssons to be taken from the events of Kerbala, is the true example of submission to Allah that is required by muslims.

I look forwrd to reading the rest in the series of these posts.

ws

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Dear, Loving Sister

Thank you very much for your encouragement.

I believe that any other lesson that one can pick from Karbala [and there are infinite, as you rightly say,] would be a subset of submission.

Anything and everything one may learn from Karbala can be subsumed under submission

Keep us in your daily d'uaas

----

اقبال

Please check links below

(salam)

Edited by Rawshni

(bismillah)

(salam)

Rawshni,

I want to compliment you on your writing style and delivery.  I can relate to the way you have expressed your feelings because I have also been speechless at moments as such as 'Shab-e-Ashoor'.  The depiction of how it must have been on that night for all the people in Imam Hussain's  (as) caravan was done beautifully.

Thank you for your insight :)

Komal Kazmi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Outstanding. Beautifully simplified summarization of Shab-e-Ashur, the essence of Karbala. Keep them coming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MashaAllah..You've stated it all very eloquently..

God bless you and enlighten even more

you've truley become rawshni, n found it too.. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you all. You lot are so generous in your appreciation, while I find myself so undeserving . . . its the subject that has the power and beauty and bestows some worth on whatever I manage to put together . . .

Please remember us in your d'uaas . . .

قَد قُتل الحسينُ بكربلا

----

اقبال

Please check the link below

(salam)

(salam)

I do wish you had had the time and freedom to complete whatever you had in mind.

If what we have seen is any idea, we would certainly have been illmined by our Rawshni . . .

Rawshan kartee rahee rahi hamaaray dil o damaagh baita . . . Allah taufeeq aur ajr day . ..

Duaa gou

Haazir