Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Bani Hashim

What is the Sin of doing Tatbir/Zanjeer?

Rate this topic

It is not allowed to make Tatbir or shedding blood for Imam al-Hossayn (a.s.) when following Sayyed Ali Khamenei (r.a.)..

But what is the if I want to do it anyway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

better ask him this too ?...In my opinion it will be a sin similar to any other sin...

Why rely on Khomeni or any other Fatwa, turn to our Quran and read the verses that claim our body and soul to be Allah SWT's property, and to bring harm to it is a sin.

If we use our brains a little, in a superlative degree of sin, if suicide (killing oneself) is such a big sin that you end up in hell, then hurting yourself and bleeding and harming your body is also a sin of the same category.

Allah knows best.

Wasalam.

Edited by BlueMetal

Guest alsayed1

(salam)

If we use our brains a little, in a superlative degree of sin, if suicide (killing oneself) is such a big sin that you end up in hell, then hurting yourself and bleeding and harming your body is also a sin of the same category.

Allah knows best.

Wasalam.

Thank you for doing something haram in Fiqh called Qiyas. You cannot compare the two.

Secondly your point about hurting yourself is invalid because when you goto Jihad you also are killed or seriously injured. Do you condemn this also?

Oh and you are alrite in comparing jihad and matam? Thats not qiyas? So matam is jihad? Jihad is a fight against an enemy, your own will or anything that causes harm .. or puts your religion in danger.. it doesn't necessarily mean to go and get yourself killed .. it is done in a time of need, or in reaction to an act that poses danger or harm. Not like a preplanned activity done every year. God forbid its not like that, mashallah Islam is qaim and will forever remain so. And to add to its solidarity, we don't need to bleed. So don't compare this with Jihad. Mourning is supposed to be a respectful act, not violent.

Anyways, not everyone is moderate by their views, so we should let them stick to what they think is right, we will all be questioned on our intellectual capabilities of what we thought was right after we explored Islam on the Day of Judgement

Allah knows best. :)

Wasalam.

Guest alsayed1

(salam)

Your opinion means to me, exactly what Yazid's opinion means to me. In my view tatbir is one of the best actions that can be performed on the 10th, and I look forward to it every year.

Also what i did was not qiyas for i did not compare tatbir to jihad, rather i gave an example of an action that puts ones body into harm which by what you said would make it haram.

Edited by alsayed1

Why rely on Khomeni or any other Fatwa, turn to our Quran and read the verses that claim our body and soul to be Allah SWT's property, and to bring harm to it is a sin.

If we use our brains a little, in a superlative degree of sin, if suicide (killing oneself) is such a big sin that you end up in hell, then hurting yourself and bleeding and harming your body is also a sin of the same category

Hazrat Bilal, Ayesha, Hazrat Owais Qarni and so many other Sahabas probably did not know that MAtam is Haram in Quran - Subhanallah

Your Mullahs of today know more than those Sahabas - dont they ?

lolz

(bismillah)

IF YOU FOLLOW IMAM KHAMENEI THEN YOU SHOULD OBEY HIS FATWAS AND RULINGS. BESIDE THIS BLOOD LETTING RULE WAS MADE BY IMAM KHOMEINI (ra) . YOU CAN DO ZANJEER BUT NOT BLOOD LETTING.

(bismillah)

(salam)

It is not allowed to make Tatbir or shedding blood for Imam al-Hossayn (a.s.) when following Sayyed Ali Khamenei (r.a.)..

What's the point of doing tatbir? Aren't you trying to please Allah?

Please Allah by obeying your marja' :)

wassalam

Hazrat Bilal, Ayesha, Hazrat Owais Qarni and so many other Sahabas probably did not know that MAtam is Haram in Quran - Subhanallah

We follow masooms...So plz give example from lives of Imams when they had done tatbir during Ashura ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Such incidents are extremely rare. If you're a wuss it doesn't mean others should act like little girls too. Keep this muqasser attitude within your personna and that of your brethren.

Shedding of blood for 'thar Allah' is considered one of the sha'a'er of Allah!

brother Zaidi

the quote was for Sunnis as they claim to follow the sahabas - may i ask you something please:

Do you follow Bibi Zainab (as), Imam Zainul Abedeen (as) - Hazrat Adam and other Prophets ?

If yes than please read the quotation i have presented about the prophets Matam on the other thread. Please remember if you do not want to do it no one is forcing you - but this does not give you the right to critisize those who do it or those who are in favour of this - I my self have seen the Tatbir groups belonging to many high ranking scholars in karbala on the day of ashoora who come in thousands at fajr time to Khaima Gah -e-Hussaini (as) ( Al Mukhayyam) on ashoora chanting Haider Haider - this includes groups belonging to Syed Seestani, Muqtada Sadr and many others.

Guest DjibrilCisse

Sorry, but which "fatwa" do you talk of? This fatwa is like a myth. everybody talks about it, yet I have never seen it.

Please present the fatwa of Ayatullah Khamenei, before assuming that he has declared anything to be haram. According to what I heard, it is only under certain conditions that you cannot perform tatbir/qama/zanjeer/whatever you call it.

i herd ur aloud to, aslong as you dont do it infront of public, in a confined space,

soz, find out more by contacting his eminence's office

mr pink plz dont disrespect ayatollahs, by your comments

he dont control know one, we contol ourselves

he is their to guide us

like a lantern in the dark, dus the lantern make u walk in the right place, or dus it show u the right place to walk?

On 8/2/2006 at 7:18 PM, Bani Hashim said:

In the Day of Jugement, your skin, your blood, your hands, your feet, your eyes, all your body, the earth upon which your blood fall, the sword you used, your wearing, your companion of tatbir, your family will complain against you without a doubt and Allah (swt) will judge between them and you. Allah is The Most Knower.

2 hours ago, Salman Kadheem said:

In the Day of Jugement, your skin, your blood, your hands, your feet, your eyes, all your body, the earth upon which your blood fall, the sword you used, your wearing, your companion of tatbir, your family will complain against you without a doubt and Allah (swt) will judge between them and you. Allah is The Most Knower.

utter rubbish. May Sayyeda Fatima (SA) complain against YOU to Allah for your trying to prevent people from how they choose to mourn over her beloved son

heres a view from one of the top maraji (number 2 after sheikh khorasani?) in iran

Bismillah

Brothers! sisters!

Please think in the depth of your heart, at what cost should we do something that is arguably a mustahab act?!! No one says it is waajib, right? So, is it worth it to ruin the reputation of the ahlul bayt's a.s. school of thought in the world and project a bad image of it to the people because of insisting on doing a mustahabb act?!!

Let us not follow our desires. If you say that Lady Zaynab s.a. and Imam Zayn al-Aabideen a.s. said or did things through which you can prove its permissibility, then why do you not look at the other Imam's lives? did they say or do anything approving it? Reflecting upon the long span of the ahlul bayt's a.s. life teaches us how to approach various issues at different times. This is not time to practice such arguably sha'a'ir, for they promote an aggressive and violent face of Shia to the world.

وَالسَّلَامُ عَلَى مَنِ اتَّبَعَ الْهُدَى