Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
khalf_al_Quaed

Fasting on 3ashura

Rate this topic

Salam,

Throughout my life I have heard that fasting on the day of Ashura is 7aram, but recently sunnis have been telling me its wajib. I know, they think its wajjib or whatever, but one of them sent me a forward, and apparently one of the quotes was taken from Bukhari, anyone heard about this?

thanks

(salam)

I have never heard anyone advocating or enforcing the act of Fasting on Ashura.

But in India / Pakistan as popular tradition we do HALF FAST, we call this FAQAH.

Now I don’t want people starting threads about whether this is valid or not. I think the tradition takes birth from the sense of subjecting oneself into as much pain as possible. Hence people walk around barefoot in the hot sun & do FAQAH.

Farsh-e-Aza

Salam,

Throughout my life I have heard that fasting on the day of Ashura is 7aram, but recently sunnis have been telling me its wajib. I know, they think its wajjib or whatever, but one of them sent me a forward, and apparently one of the quotes was taken from Bukhari, anyone heard about this?

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell them politely that fasting on Ashura is not wajib according to any of their scholars. In Islam, the only wajib fast is Ramadan.

well ppls,u must firstly don`t say haram or halal without any refernce.let us see whats is haram&whats makrooh (makrooh is different from haram cos when u do makrooh things doesn`t mean comit sins but if u doesn`t do it u will reward for that)

1748. It is haraam to fast on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Azha. It is also haraam to fast with the Niyyat of first fast of Ramadhan on a day about which he is not sure whether it is the last day of Sha'ban or the first of Ramadhan.

1749. It is haraam for a wife to keep a Mustahab fast if by so doing she would not be able to attend to her duties to her husband. And the obligatory precaution is that even if she can attend to her duties towards her husband, she should not observe a Mustahab fast without his permission

1750. It is haraam for the children to observe a Mustahab fast if it causes emotional suffering to their parents.

1756. It is Makrooh to fast on 'Ashura (10th of Muharram). It is also Makrooh to fast on the day about which one is not sure whether it is the day of 'Arafa or Eid-ul-Azha