Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

PLEASE HELP ME!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam brothers and sisters...please i need ur views on whats happening with me......

before moharram i passed through a phase where i was totally away from god,i had stopped praying,and totally forgot about my religion,moharram came and i started attending ashura lectures in our local mosque,the other day the sheikh was talking bout tawba,bout return to god,bout this life and how its just a passage to eternal life,it was like i heard that stuff for the 1st time,its been a few days im up till 4am everyday thinking,1 day i feel that im totally into what he said,and i go to the extreme that i want to be the perfect religious muslim,i want to stop listening to music,start praying again and a bunch of other lifestyles i have to change...the next day i feel the total opposite,i feel im bored of what i thought of the day before,and that its really hard to change alot of my lifestyles,and that i wanna have fun and enjoy life for now...and the cycle goes on,its hurting me alot :( those contradictory feelings,i wonder if anyone felt like that before,and if theres some middle solution...

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

Guest AALIYAH1

well i went thru this phase and i tried lying 2 my self saying that maybe im right .that maybe i can listen to music and pray at the same time. really all i was doing was denying the fact i was a lost soul . some one taht was almost a non practising muslim . what did the hijab on my head mean if i didnt pray and i fasted but i didnt pray so it was like whats the point ? bro /sis u need to make a promise to ur self . i mean its really the devil thats getting to you .you need to decide hwats it gonna be:the shaytan(devil) and the evil things and social acceptment or ur religon .

because we dont live 4 ever we can die tomorrow or tonight we dont know its all in Allah swt hands . on judgement day we will be asked baout every action. what will be yous answer when asked"why didnt u pray on such day at such time?" what will u say i was watching mtv or out with myfriends ? no one can force you to chnage but ur self and unless ur 100 percent convinced that islam is the path for ull keep having second thoughts. i suggest that u really think about it .inshallah i will keep u in my duaas and prayers

salaam alikum

aaliyah

• Advanced Member
well i went thru this phase and i tried lying 2 my self saying that maybe im right .that  maybe i can listen to music  and pray at the same time. really all i was doing was denying the fact i was a lost soul . some one taht was almost a non practising muslim . what did the hijab on my head mean if i didnt pray and i fasted but i didnt pray so it was like whats the point ? bro /sis u need to make a promise to ur self . i mean its really the devil thats getting to you .you need to decide hwats it gonna  be:the shaytan(devil) and the evil things and social acceptment or ur religon .

because we dont live 4 ever we can die tomorrow or tonight we dont know its all in Allah swt hands . on judgement day we will be asked baout every action. what will be yous answer when asked"why didnt u pray on such day at such time?" what will u say i was watching mtv or out with myfriends ? no one can force  you to chnage but ur self and unless ur 100 percent convinced that islam is the path for ull keep having second thoughts. i suggest that u really think about it .inshallah i will keep u in my duaas and prayers

salaam alikum

aaliyah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanx for ur care sister.im a brother btw...dear sister,dont u think that i should at least take it 1 step at a time,cuz i find it hard to do everything at once,i feel its a big load....

Guest AALIYAH1

of course take it one step at a time

like return to praying and maybe then start redaing the quran after a while

after that inshallah ull no not to return to music and stuff like that

just no matter whta dont let the devil get you . and always have faith in Allah swt

remember small steps , just dont 4 get that small steps inshallah i hope i helped nad feel free to ask more questions if u have anymore

salaam alikum

aaliyah

Guest SayedM'sSister

^^ i have gone through all of that bro, honestly everything u just mentioned, i guess it happens to the best of us sometimes, but surprisingly i have come out of it even more religious than i was before. I advise u go to lectures and talk to more religious people. that is usually what woke me up. i know how ur feeling now bro so i dont wanna sit here and lecture u bout wuts right and wuts wrong and wut we should be believing..just think about the logic of it all, can there really not be a god, can we really do wutever we want and not be punished? is there no end to this world...wut happens next?

[26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

[27] Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

[28] And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

[29] And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

[30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

[31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

[32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

[34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

• Advanced Member

its not that i doubt god astaghrifullah... its just contradictory feelings bout my passion...and bout how ready i am to be commited to god and to a certain lifestyle ,im probably scared of trying,cuz i guess ill have to change many of my friends,i have to go out to different places,act and talk in different ways...praying is not hard nshalla ill make it a routine,but what i mean is a proper follower of ahl al bayt (as) i always felt that if im married it would be much easier,im still in university,its a bit hard to think of marriage now! nshalla in a year im graduating and maybe i might start thinking then...

Guest DjibrilCisse

It's a matter of confidence. Like others, I went through the same phase. I also had trouble getting away from false desires such as music (I was into music production and other things that basically meant that my life revolved around it), I also had trouble getting used to lowering the gaze (wish I never even pretended to do before) and many other things, which aren't worth mentioning.

Alhamdulillah, if you are confident, and allow yourself to try, you can go far. Maybe you will fall back down, but you just need to get up again. It's like climbing a mountain. You keep getting closer to the peak. Keep working on it, and you will get a new happiness in your life. It is one that cannot be described. It is like a peace of mind.

Please keep us posted on your progress! Also, if you want to be more specific, you can send a PM, and I can suggest alternatives for you.

For example: I used to listen to music on the train, now I listen to lectures instead. It is a good oppurtunity to learn many things and increase your knowledge of your religion and your religious guides (the Ahlulbayt).

• Advanced Member

Bismillah -er-rahman-er-rahim

Asalam-e-ilikum everyone,

i guess i will be needing a LOT OF HELP TOO.. coz i have not encountered such a situation or such fluctuating feelings.. Alhamdolilah i offer prayers.. fast..read quran at times.. but also listen to music .. and dont take hijab! nowadays, i have started to take hijab when ever i am going out..not really hijab but i cover my head with the dopatta!..

so please help me out..

Wsalam,

Ya Ali(AS)Madad,

Fee Aman Allah!

(salam)

bro yes take one step at a time. You can't swallow a whole cake. In order to finish it you must consume it piece by piece. And yes you may want to enjoy yourself a lot, but imagine you are a fish and bait has been thrown towards your direction....you swim towards the bait, but once you grab it you are trapped. You didn't know there was a hook there to catch you, but you're lucky...you're not a fish and you know there is a hook behind the bait......try not to look at the bait, but lookout for the dangerous hook of this dunya (OoOOo modaressi big up)

Anyways ya get me? ANd Jarvis is trying to convert u still....respect.

• Advanced Member

hey i have gone thorugh this phase too.. but now i am trying to change my self and its hard ... very difficult but am trying and its not a fast change it takes time.. so i am trying and trying to change my self slowly and graudually... i hope i change my self and try to be a good muslim i hope the same for every one.. who has been in this stage.... good luck